Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

I can't say I've been gripped by the wedding story, but some of it has looked very good. I thought that scene in the park last night looked very cinematic.

I'm enjoying young Rachel's performance a lot. I hope Niamh has a word with her about holding something back. Flirting is one thing, but she's throwing herself so hard at Philip she's in danger of crashing through the set. Great acting, though. She's being funny without sending it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,190 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Christy should have done like Peter Barlow in Corrie and made a show of Carol and Louie in front of everyone - this is one of the worst episodes ever of FC

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

poor christy guess louis gets his gal again :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Christys voice has even changed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Poor episode tonight. Great acting from Christy though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I'm not liking the "loved up Louie". I preferred when he was a badass.

Christy was excellent tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

Loved the look on Bob's face when he was taking the photos of them at the wedding.

Poor Christy. It is better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all. Perhaps Renee will come back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

That acting was just horrid....

starryeye wrote: »
    Loved the look on Bob's face when he was taking the photos of them at the wedding.
    The cat that got the cream !!!:)

Romeo and Juliet will be lovey dovey constantly on Fair City now.
    Not very appealing viewing.

• Advertisement

Hopefully Louie and Carol will both move to America, never to be seen again....( Sorry Angel ):)

Perhaps, Louie will take Carol with him on a trip to Boston. He seemed to have his bags packed for the trip already and she had packed her things out of Christy's too. They could avoid all the gossip and Christy at the same time. (Just for a quick break though Angel !) I think I am tired of the two of them and the will she?, won't she? storyline. It went on too long and was resolved in one episode by Christy himself almost.

Give bigger stories to Ray and Wayne too please.(The comedy they do is very enjoyable). Bring back Tracey. I'd also love to see Mondo back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Cass at his best again tonight, bumming a lift off Charlie and Esther!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Bit dissapointing in fairness. Carol is hot so I hope she stays, same about Ali.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Christy: "She doesnt love me"
    Ray: "Shure the dogs on the street know how much she loves you"...

:confused::confused: Fair City really does have the strangest lines as times..

I have to disagree with those of you who said Christy was great last night. I thought he was awful - if RTE was on realplayer you'd be able to look back and see that it was obvious he was reading a script (word - for - word) in parts of it - and other parts - where he lost the head, didn't seem like christy to me at all - even his voice was different - it was like he'd had another personality transplant.

The only good thing about last nights episode (and I'm including both the wedding and bridesmaids dresses here, because they were both ATROCIOUS) was Bob, particularly when he took the photo. I'd say he had about 5 lines in the whole episode last night and he was great.

And what's with Yvonne liking Carol so much these days:confused:

Please now let christy and carol head to boston and not come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Expected to see Christy give Louis a smack in the mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I laughed my head off when Christy went back to his house after the wedding. He picked up a wrapped wedding present and flung it to the ground but it made absolutely no sound because it was obviously an empty box. The whole thing lost any dramatic effect and made the whole thing a bit of a farce.

And then he kicked poor ali and her child out:eek:
    Where were they supposed to go:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Elmo wrote: »
    LOL I was in the RTÉ canteen* and asked him about the canteen. He snapped at me "Of course its self service" I just replied back "Generally canteens have servers" he walked of before I could say "... especially during bird flew season". Perhaps he is a method actor!

*I have nothing to do with RTÉ just happened to be interviewing someone that morning.

Oh tell us who you were interviewing - was it Keith?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

What was with Rachel calling Zak Dillion a "Redneck farm boy" id say he wouldnt know what a cow or a sheep looked like, he nothing like a farmer's son.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

deelite wrote: »
    Oh tell us who you were interviewing - was it Keith?:p

I was interviewing management nothing do to with Fair City.

closeline wrote: »
    Carol is hot so I hope she stays, same about Ali.
    You think Carol is hot??? I suppose each to their own. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

max life wrote: »
    You think Carol is hot??? I suppose each to their own. ;)

I think Carol is gorgeous... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,190 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Christy might try and kill himself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

STIG83 wrote: »
    What was with Rachel calling Zak Dillion a "Redneck farm boy" id say he wouldnt know what a cow or a sheep looked like, he nothing like a farmer's son.

What does a farmers son look like. Some you can tell, but there is many that you cant tell are farmers sons.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Christy might try and kill himself

Ah no I don't want that - it would be dragged out until Christmas and that would be the Christmas storyline! :mad:

I reckon Ingrid is going to worm back into Louie and Carol is going to try to get back with Christy.

Elmo wrote: »
    I was interviewing management nothing do to with Fair City.

Did you ask the management to give us the old "Glenroe and Fair City" episodes on Saturday / Sunday mornings!!!!:D (and if you didn't will you do so at your next "management interview") please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

deelite wrote: »
    Did you ask the management to give us the old "Glenroe and Fair City" episodes on Saturday / Sunday mornings!!!!:D .
    God.....do remember all the fuss about the Dick Moran and Terry Killeen affair? we had a teacher in our school who advised our parents not to allow us to be exposed to such immorality.....bloody priceless :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement