Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

MrsD007 wrote: »
    God.....do remember all the fuss about the Dick Moran and Terry Killeen affair? we had a teacher in our school who advised our parents not to allow us to be exposed to such immorality.....bloody priceless :D

Ah Dick was a great one wasn't he - I think his character should be written into Fair City. He could be Louie's father. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

max life wrote: »
    You think Carol is hot??? I suppose each to their own. ;)
    Probably the most implausible part of the whole storyline was that Carol was such a catch that two men were fighting madly over her.

At least one good thing apparently will come from that interminable storyline -
    Christy selling his shares in the pub to Bob leaving Louie to battle his nemesis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

deelite wrote: »
    Ah Dick was a great one wasn't he - I think his character should be written into Fair City. He could be Louie's father. :D
    Nice idea Dee :D Emmet Bergin who played Dick Moran was a fine looking man! I wonder if he is still working as an actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

God.....do remember all the fuss about the Dick Moran and Terry Killeen affair? we had a teacher in our school who advised our parents not to allow us to be exposed to such immorality.....bloody priceless :D

Brilliant.

I remember my local Urban District Council having urgent meetings about the levels of immorality on display in Dallas. Does that still happen? Is there a local politician somewhere keeping a close eye on Carol and Louie in case they lead the People of Ireland astray?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Brilliant.

I remember my local Urban District Council having urgent meetings about the levels of immorality on display in Dallas. Does that still happen? Is there a local politician somewhere keeping a close eye on Carol and Louie in case they lead the People of Ireland astray?
    Alas I think that day has gone but I hear there are a few FF councillors around the place who are trying to persuade Ming to stop smoking the funny fags.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Nice idea Dee :D Emmet Bergin who played Dick Moran was a fine looking man! I wonder if he is still working as an actor.

Last thing i saw him in was Veronica Guerin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

He was in the Clinic a few years back as Dr Clodagh's father - he revealed that his wife was not actually Clodaghs mother, he had an affair with his secretary and Clodagh was the result so he and his wife adopted her.

I've heard his voice on a few ads over the years too doing voiceovers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I watched the episode and I have to say I enjoyed it, I thought it was compelling viewing.. I am intrigued to how exactly Bob will reveal all... I thought Christy acted it all really well.

I loved the episode :)

People say they don't like Carol & Louie being all lovey dovey etc but Christy has been fawning all over Carol for months and I found that very tiresome :o

Can we not discuss Glenroe in here and leave it to Fair City talk :)

Brilliant.

I'm surprised the "Vintners Federation of Ireland" haven't been on to complain to Joe Duffy- "Ah jaysus Joe pubs don't just close down for one day so that landlord can have a fumble" !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

angel01 wrote: »
    I watched the episode and I have to say I enjoyed it, I thought it was compelling viewing.. I am intrigued to how exactly Bob will reveal all... I thought Christy acted it all really well.

I loved the episode :)

People say they don't like Carol & Louie being all lovey dovey etc but Christy has been fawning all over Carol for months and I found that very tiresome :o

Can we not discuss Glenroe in here and leave it to Fair City talk :)

Wonder what Mina and the Reverend would think of the carry on in Fair City ;)

• Advertisement

Dick married to Linda Martin and their son is Louie.....(I suggested Twink months ago but that went down like a ton of bricks).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zaraine

I missed the wedding episode, what actually happened??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭robo

Zaraine wrote: »
    I missed the wedding episode, what actually happened??

Missed it too - is there anywhere online or on youtube that I can catch it again???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Carol was very excited getting to the wedding, it really appeared like she had finally decided that she loved Christie (after she told Louis this the night before).

She arrived in the car to the wedding and was crying - Christie came out to her and he could see it in her eyes that she didn't want to marry him. so he went back in, and told the congregation that there would be no wedding today. They all left. Yvonne got word that the wedding was off, told Louis that Carol had called it off, and off he ran to the venue.

Carol went into the church and asked Christie what was going on - he finally admitted that he realised she didn't love him etc (he was very angry) and then Louis arrived. Christy told them he knew about their affair and that he wanted them to say nothing until all this had blown over. Christie threw Carol and lorcan and ali out of the house.

Carol and Louis are now very loved up....the end. Hope that helps:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zaraine

Brilliant, thanks!! :)

Charlie is a terrible boyfriend! "You've done nothing but gossip, gossip, gossip..."

Good episode, I thought. I expected Bob to make a huge announcement, maybe throwing that photograph up onto a screen in McCoys, but I prefer him prodding Christy into action. I have literally no idea what will happen on Tuesday.
    I can't read spoilers on my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I think Louie and Carol are my most hated couple of all time in FC.
    When did Carol and Yvonne become so pally?? I always thought Yvonne was of the opinion that she was better than Carol...sort of different classes. I am surprised that she is so friendly with Carol. Even before she knew about the affair, she was friendly with Carol. So its not just because of Louie.
    This weeks episodes look interesting. More of Bob....thank God...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,190 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why dont Bob and Louie get on :confused: they have something in common now both stole women from poor old Christy Phelan :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

Why is Yvonne being so nice to Carol?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

starryeye wrote: »
    Why is Yvonne being so nice to Carol?

Why is Yvonne being so nice full stop. She's going around like Mother Teresa giving comfort to all. What happened to bitchy Yvonne ?

Charlie is a terrible boyfriend! "You've done nothing but gossip, gossip, gossip..."

Good episode, I thought. I expected Bob to make a huge announcement, maybe throwing that photograph up onto a screen in McCoys, but I prefer him prodding Christy into action. I have literally no idea what will happen on Tuesday.
    I can't read spoilers on my laptop.

Highlight over the spoiler text and click over it...

Highlight over the spoiler text and click over it...

Thanks. I think I need to set a different colour scheme on my laptop. The text comes up when I do that, but it's too grey to read comfortably.

But I like not knowing what's coming. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

jos28 wrote: »
    Why is Yvonne being so nice full stop. She's going around like Mother Teresa giving comfort to all. What happened to bitchy Yvonne ?

I can't understand why Yvonne's character has changed so much.
    Has she got a split personality? Is there a hidden agenda? It doesn't seem to be clear why she is suddenly so understanding and nice to people. I wonder what is going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I can't understand why Yvonne's character has changed so much.
    Has she got a split personality? Is there a hidden agenda? It doesn't seem to be clear why she is suddenly so understanding and nice to people. I wonder what is going on?

Yeah, what's going on? Yvonne is now Miss goody two shoes. Louie is a loved up sniveling wreck. The Bishops haven't been terrorising anybody lately. What's up with all the niceness??? ;)

I'm not sure I like the way Bob is egging on Christy to get back at Louie. I can see it leading to Bob getting Christys shares of McCoys, so maybe that's Bobs plan. I think it would be better if we knew this was what Bob was up to. Then we could watch Bob manipulating poor innocent Christy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I can't understand why Yvonne's character has changed so much. Has she got a split personality? Is there a hidden agenda?

Yeah I said this week's ago.. Character is all over the place... As if herself and Louis would still be friends..

Christy needs to grow a pair and punch Louie and Bob :mad:

WEARING pyjamas during the day has been popular for some young Dubliners for many years.

And RTE's Fair City has finally cottoned on to the trend, with a new character whose favourite choice of attire is pink PJs.

In an episode due to air at the end of this month, viewers will get an eyeful of a brassy blonde named Sash, who's a cousin of the Bishop family and will be making no big demands on RTE's wardrobe department.
    Clearly a big fan of fake tan and smoky eye make-up, she raises eyebrows among the residents of Carrigstown for her fondness for teaming her PJs with Ugg boots.

Her mum is in rehab fighting an alcohol and drug addiction and when she goes to the local community centre, conservative accountant Dermot Fahey spots her and gives out about her attire.

Not taking the criticism lying down though, hippy maverick Cass defends her, saying it's her right to wear what she likes and promptly sparks a dispute among the locals about the issue of daytime PJs.

The following night's episode then sees Dermot deciding to ban people from wearing pyjamas in the community centre. But after Robert meets Sash, he promptly decides that she is not a "skanger." He tells the amused girl that Wayne called her that, prompting her to pour some milk over a shocked Wayne.

And the row doesn't end there, with the next episode seeing Wayne berating Robert for telling Sash what he said about her, while Cass even starts to contemplate the advantages of wearing pyjamas.

An annoyed Dermot pins up a 'no pyjamas' sign in the community centre but Cass defies the ban and arrives into the community centre wearing his pyjamas. A defeated Dermot relents and eventually takes the sign down.

LMAO...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

A new skanger for Robert so. Must be his type after Cleo.

• Advertisement

LMAO...:D

I thought they were on about the blonde Dillion one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement