Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Christy needs to grow a pair and punch Louie and Bob :mad:

Reported for inciting violence (in a soap opera)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Yeah I said this week's ago.. Character is all over the place... As if herself and Louis would still be friends..

The writing is gone to the dogs with a long time. I dont know how many writers the show has, but more often than not they do not check what each other are doing before they put a script together. Its like as if some one says that this, this and this will happen in the next month and then the writers all go their own seperate ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

First the crying and now the hoovering. Have they removed Louie's testacles as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Kazbah wrote: »
    A new skanger for Robert so. Must be his type after Cleo.

Any pics of her?

If anyone is interested, Jim Bartley was on The Daily Show yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Sometimes - only sometimes - I try to imagine the scriptwriters at FC, sitting around a big boardroom table in a big boardroom with their Cross pens and their trendy notepads, pitching storylines at each other....

'Let's have a girl show up in the community centre in her PJ's just to sterotype dublin skangers even MORE!!!!!'
    'WOW, that's just such a radical idea' says his colleague 'why haven't we thought of it before!!!!!' 'Let's even hold auditions and get a real actress to play her because that's such an INCREDIBLE story!!!'
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously FC...seriously...how many barrels have you scraped the bottom of at this stage, looking for 'filler-in' stories:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Fittle wrote: »
    Sometimes - only sometimes - I try to imagine the scriptwriters at FC, sitting around a big boardroom table in a big boardroom with their Cross pens and their trendy notepads, pitching storylines at each other....

'Let's have a girl show up in the community centre in her PJ's just to sterotype dublin skangers even MORE!!!!!'
    'WOW, that's just such a radical idea' says his colleague 'why haven't we thought of it before!!!!!' 'Let's even hold auditions and get a real actress to play her because that's such an INCREDIBLE story!!!'
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously FC...seriously...how many barrels have you scraped the bottom of at this stage, looking for 'filler-in' stories:confused::confused::confused:

In fairness, all we have to go on here is a newspaper article. That's what focussed on the character's clothes. I imagine the FC writers have put together a bigger story than "she wears pyjamas". I hope she's not a gum-poppin' Nortsoide stereotype, but I guess we have to wait and see.

The clothes do seem quite far behind the trend, however. Where I live, the outdoor pjs are starting to look a bit old-fashioned next to the black-tights-with-no-dress look that the young 'uns are sporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

In these spoilers, it covers the storyline surrounding the new Bishop Character:

Sunday
    Phelans remains closed and the Sunday papers that are lying outside are stolen by Decco. Carol tells Louie that she couldn't sleep thinking of how Christy must be feeling. Louie tells her that they should thank Bob as they can now be open about their relationship. Charlotte gets upset when she realises that the boys are using her to cook and clean in the house.

Caoimhe tries to give Finn a hard time for the way he treated Dean but Dean stops her. Finn tells them that the Carol/Louie photo has given him an idea for 'scandal night'. Bob calls to Phelans and tries to reconcile with a hungover Christy. Christy tells Bob he made a fool out of him and he is a liar and won't accept his apology. Finn offers Neasa a full time job in the Station. Sarah then calls to the pub and asks Finn for a job but he tells her they have nothing at the moment.

Jo celebrates the success of Compassion Fashion. Zumo informs a delighted Vivienne that Decco is starting to get on Charlotte's nerve. Neasa calls to Louie and admits to him that she told Bob about the affair. Louie fires her. Charlotte defends Vivienne when Decco becomes abusive to her. She runs after her mum and reveals her hopes of bringing the family together. She persuades Vivienne to make dinner in Monastery Avenue. But Decco rejects Vivienne's plea for reconciliation.

Louie calls to Christy and asks him to go to McCoys. Bob tries to justify his actions to Sarah. The Bishops enjoy a family meal - minus Decco. Christy convinces Ray to leave him, but fails to cope with his loneliness. Sarah returns Eleanor's scarf to Dermot. Carol announces she is moving in with Louie.

Tuesday
    A shabby and haggard looking shady character called Baz arrives in Carrigstown. He approaches Charlotte and Rachel and asks where the Bishops live. He tells a wary Charlotte that her dad was asking for her. A worried Paul spots them talking to him. In Monastery Avenue, Eileen arrives back with Sash, the Bishops pyjama-wearing cousin, whose mother is in rehab trying to get over her drink and drug addiction. She goes to the community centre and Dermot spots her and gives out about her attire. Cass defends her right to wear what she likes.

Dolores encourages Robert to make a Mothers Day card and contact his mum. An over-protective Paul learns that Rachel has been visiting Monastery Avenue. He tells her while he likes Charlotte he doesn't like the Bishop Boys and she is banned from visiting the house. Niamh reluctantly agrees to support Paul's ban. But Vivienne is appalled and feels the need to defend her family to Paul.

Baz calls to Monastery Avenue and Denzo lets him in. He goes straight for Sash, demanding money that her mother owes him. But a streetwise Sash has no intention of giving him money, and blames him for her mother's demise before attacking him with a steel comb. Decco sides with Sash and tells Baz to get out. But Baz tells them that he'll be back. Robert is intrigued by Sash and sticks up for her when Wayne calls her a 'skanger'. A smitten Denzo defends Sash to Decco and Zumo. Zumo notes how exhausted Eileen is and he suggests that she take a holiday. She tells him she can't go anywhere as they will wreck the house when she is gone.

Vivienne become concerned when she learns more about Baz and discovers that he knew Charlotte. Decco interferes and invites Baz back to the house. He tells Denzo that he is doing it so that his gran can see the trouble that Sash has brought to the house. Niamh frets to Dolores about her relationship with Rachel and how acutely aware she is of the fact that she's not her mother.

Baz calls to the house. Eileen is shocked to see him. She tells him to get out and the boys realise that she knows him too. She reveals that it is Baz who was the dealer to Sash's mum and he also did the same to his wife, Eileen's daughter Josephine, who died from an overdose. She starts to shout and hit him and then collapses.

Wednesday
    Phelans is closed as Christy is too drunk and depressed to open it. Sash catches a guilty Cash stealing milk from outside Phelans. In Monastery Avenue Eileen lies on the couch and refuses to see a doctor. Denzo and Decco anxiously look after her. Rachel decides that she wants to get something nice for Niamh for Mothers Day and agrees to buy a bracelet from Denzo.

Decco meets a desperate Baz and he warns him to back off. Baz tells him he is owed €800 and really needs the money. A suspicious Paul learns that Rachel is selling her computer games saying she is too old for them now. Vivienne learns more about Baz and warns Charlotte to stay away from him. Charlotte tells her she is safer in Monastery Avenue.

During the conversation she gets a call from Eileen who has had a dizzy spell and begs Vivienne to come over. She fears she is dying. Vivienne and Judith arrive to her rescue and Judith warns Vivienne that she must take Eileen seriously. Vivienne is surprised by how much sympathy she feels for Eileen.

Dermot decides to ban people wearing pyjamas in the community centre but after Robert meets Sash he decides she is not a skanger. He tells an amused Sash that Wayne called him that. Sash pours milk over Wayne. The Bishop Boys are shocked by Eileen's infirmity. Zumo especially cannot stand the tension of having his gran sick. Sash's presence in the community polarises opinions. A frightened Eileen implores Vivienne to move into Monastery Avenue.

Thursday
    Baz bumps into Sash again and begs her to repay Collette's loan. Sash spits in his face and Baz goes to attack her but Dermot intervenes. Eileen tries and fails to get Vivienne to move in. She tells her she couldn't have Charlotte influenced by what goes on in the house. Eileen tells Vivienne that Charlotte is a Bishop and it's in her blood. Wayne berates Robert for telling Sash about what he said. And Cass contemplates the joys of wearing pyjamas all day.

Robert tells Dolores that he bought a Mothers Day card but he hasn't been able to write anything on it. An annoyed Dermot pins up a 'no pyjamas' sign in the community centre. Eileen enlists Charlotte's help to persuade Vivienne to move in. Charlotte excitedly agrees. Rachel meets Denzo in the Hungry Pig to collect the bracelet she wants for Niamh. Dolores notes Rachel giving Denzo money and taking a small brown package from him. Later she tells a worried Niamh what she saw. In the surgery Vivienne requests Eileen's tests are hurried through.

Charlotte decides to set Baz up so that the family will rally around her. She sees Baz and calls her mum asking her to meet her in the park. She starts talking to Baz who thinks she's being friendly. She tells him to take the money that is owed to him from her purse. When she sees her mum she starts screaming pretending that he's trying to steal from her. Vivienne roars at him to stop touching her daughter and Baz realises that he has been set up runs.

Zumo arrives on the scene and warns Vivienne not to call the guards and they will 'deal' with him the Bishop way. Cass defies Dermot's ban and arrives into the community centre wearing pyjamas. Dermot relents and takes the sign down. Zumo, Decco and Sash talk and they set up a meeting with Baz. Decco tells him he has the money and they should meet in the lock up in the back of a road.

Niamh tells Paul what Dolores said and they decide that they should search Rachel's room. They panic when they find a gold bracelet in her room and nearly get caught by Rachel snooping. Vivienne learns that the boys have gone out together. She goes to McCoys bar searching frantically for them. She finds them in the lock up and learns what they are going to do. But instead of stopping it she sanctions 'Bishops law' and stands outside when they boys viciously beat Baz up.

00045f78-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 049

Tuesday 25th March

Christy finds it hard to get back to normal with the prying eyes of Carrigstown upon him.

Charlotte bunks off school to spend the day with Decco.

Vivienne worries that Decco is a bad influence on Charlotte.

Bob reveals to Christy, that he knows about Louie and Carol.

Leo persuades Finn to hire Dean to cater for The Station opening.

Jo fears Compassion Fashion will be a flop, when she fails to get the venue she wanted.

Dean swallows his pride and reluctantly takes Finn's catering job.

Written by Anto Howard

00045f79-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 050

Wednesday 26th March

Dermot saves the day. He gets Esther and Barry involved with Compassion Fashion and persuades Finn to let them hold it in The Station.

A disappointed Sarah discovers that Neasa will be her boss at the opening night of The Station.

Finn rejects Dean's boring menu and Dean is forced to go back to the drawing board.

Vivienne asks Zumo and Denzo to help her get Charlotte back.

Louie suggests Christy should sell up his shares and move out of Carrigstown.
      Bob acts as Christy's confidant and encourages him to seek revenge.

Written by Anto Howard

00045f7a-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 051

Thursday 24th March

Carol and Louie voice their concerns to Christy about him selling his shares to Bob.
        There's disagreement among the committee before the Compassion Fashion event.
        Caoimhe believes Dean is being messed about by Finn.
        Leo and Ray encourage Christy to venture out to the opening of The Station, assuring him Carol won't be there.
        Dermot enlists Sarah's help to make Compassion Fashion a success.
        The Station opens, not without a surprise from Bob.
        Written by Thomas McLaughlin

00045f7b-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 052

Sunday 27th March

Christy and Ray wake up with sore heads.
          The Bishop boys start to get on Charlotte's nerves.
          Bob comes to apologise to Christy, while Christy tells him a few home truths.
          Finn chooses Neasa over Sarah for a job in The Station.
          Decco makes Charlotte and Vivienne feel uncomfortable in Monastery Avenue.
          Ray takes up the role of Christy's minder.
          The Bishops play happy families, minus Decco.
          Jo discovers who bid for Eleanor's scarf.
          And Carol shows her face in McCoys.
          Written by Thomas McLaughlin
          Studio Director Gary Agnew
          Location Director Shirley Dalton

Didnt that Lara one used to wear jammies in FC?

• Advertisement

Looks like Charlotte is taking after her brothers, mitching off school!!

Fair City's Louie is set to be humiliated at the launch of the new Station bar this week.

000460ff-314.jpg
          The pub landlord is left shocked when Bob decides to publicly expose his affair with Carol during the launch.

Bob connects his phone, containing a photograph of the pair kissing on Carol's wedding day, to a laptop and projects the image on to a big screen for all the guests to see.

Christy then walks in, sees the image and flees the bar, with a shocked Louie looking on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Finns bar did not look as bad as i thought it would. It seems very small though for a "venue" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i love bob. i especially loved that last grin there hahahaha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,190 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Louie has some cheek telling Christy sell up and move away - I dont understand why Christy hasnt smacked him one yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Was it just me or did anyone else think that Bob was actually being sympathetic towards Christy?? I know he wants the shares, and to get one over on Louie, but i thought he was being genuine.

Neasa is looking much better without the hippy clothes...Looking good ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

Louie is so mean. He has already got Carol and knows that Christy lost her. From Christy's point of view Louie has betrayed him. Louie does not show any sympathy or kindness towards Christy. I think Louie deserves to have Bob there now. I don't think Carol and Christy were well suited but Louie should have some understanding of what Christy has had to endure.

Christy asks Yvonne why she is close to Carol? Perhaps, it is beginning to dawn on the scriptwriters how much Yvonne's character has changed for no apparent reason.

The new girl in the pyjamas type outfit might be a possible girlfriend for Zumo Bishop.
          He is not being so intimidating now at all. It would be interesting to see how he would be with a bit of romance in his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

starryeye wrote: »
          Louie is so mean. He has already got Carol and knows that Christy lost her. From Christy's point of view Louie has betrayed him. Louie does not show any sympathy or kindness towards Christy. I think Louie deserves to have Bob there now. I don't think Carol and Christy were well suited but Louie should have some understanding of what Christy has had to endure.

Christy asks Yvonne why she is close to Carol? Perhaps, it is beginning to dawn on the scriptwriters how much Yvonne's character has changed for no apparent reason.

The new girl in the pyjamas type outfit might be a possible girlfriend for Zumo Bishop.
          He is not being so intimidating now at all. It would be interesting to see how he would be with a bit of romance in his life.

the new girl is his cousin as far as i know ! so won't be a girlfriend for zumo......unless the scriptwriters feel like getting a bit of "family love" going on again :eek:

i really want to see bob get those shares now! bahahahahaha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I think it's going to dawn on Carol very soon how much a right B that Louie is. Will Bob be able to move into McCoys seeing as he owns a share?

00046225-545.jpg

The Carrigstown Chronicle.

Tonight Carrigstown will see the opening of a new late night café bar, The Station, hip enough to rival the best Manhattan has to offer. We managed to drag bar owner Finn McGrath away from the busy preparations of tonight's opening bash to tell us more about The Station and the man behind it.

Finn, you have taken over the bar formerly known as Ladyland. What have you got planned?
          It's no longer a lap dancing club. We're going to turn it into a bar/ music venue. There will be food during the day, WIFI access and a late bar at night with a live band. Who knows, possibly a chain like the Hard Rock Café, but more successful. Hopefully there'll be a Station in Tokyo, Madrid, Moscow, New Delhi and New York by the time I retire!

Can you describe the style /vibe of The Station?
          I lived in the East Village of Manhattan where there were lots of bars like this, a performance area, a few bookshelves, board games, food all day. It should provide an alternative to being at home with all the comforts of being at home, if you catch my drift.

Do you think a New York inspired bar has a place in Carrigstown?
          Yeah absolutely, look at the alternatives. McCoys is a great pub, but not really the kind of place where anyone under fifty would go to chillax. No offence, I respect old people, but they're not my target market. In Carrigstown you also have a great little tapas place, a great little burger joint. But, the Station is all of those in one place. We've got food, drinks, coffee, but you also have a late night music venue...and Neasa Dillon!

It's a brave move to open a business in such austere times; do you think this might be too big a risk?
          Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If it wasn't a risk, I wouldn't want to do it. I'm a trained fireman so I know all about taking risks. Risking money is nothing compared to risking your life. Firemen in NYC are very well paid, so I had some money set aside and then I sold my small apartment there and made a killing. Money isn't important to me. I recently staked the lot on a game of snooker with a friend, Dean, and I won shares in a garage. I realised then that I could invest my money somewhere else. If it goes belly-up, at least I'll be able to say I had a good time. Working in a bar is safe enough; it's not exactly fighting fires.

You recently moved back home from New York. When most people in the country are emigrating what made you decide to come home?
          I don't like to talk about it. A friend and colleague died in a burning building, I got a bravery award. It just didn't seem right, so I quit.
          Also, I'd spent too long away from home. I missed the Celtic tiger years in Dublin, but I'm told that everyone turned into Gordon Gecko, so I'm glad I wasn't around for that. I like Carrigstown. It's a real community. You don't really get that in New York. One day in Manhattan, I suddenly thought 'what if I just dropped dead right here?' and I thought that maybe nobody would know who I was and people might just step over my body. If that happened in Carrigstown, at least five people I know would find me within one hour. Does that sound morbid? Sorry but losing my buddy changed my perspective. I need to be around people who care about me, my brother and my friends, I needed to come home. I missed the Irish women as well.

So, Finn McGrath, entrepreneur, bar-owner, where do you see yourself in five years time?
          I try not to look beyond the next thirty minutes. In five years time, I suppose running an international chain of bars, I'll have a stunning woman by my side, and hopefully still pushing the limits.

• Advertisement
        • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Just wondering will Finn and Neasa become romantically involved? I think they would make a believable couple.

'hip enough to rival the best Manhattan has to offer. '

SERIOUSLY:confused::confused::confused::confused:

THIS could rival a pub in Mahattan!!!!!!!!!!! http://twitpic.com/48hcbc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

Oh I hope Cousin Bishop and Zumo Bishop do not repeat the Heather and Floyd storyline. I didn't realise she was a cousin of the Bishop family. The actor playing Decco Bishop is great in his role. Very credible as the character of Decco.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Fittle wrote: »
          'hip enough to rival the best Manhattan has to offer. '

SERIOUSLY:confused::confused::confused::confused:

THIS could rival a pub in Mahattan!!!!!!!!!!! http://twitpic.com/48hcbc

You have obviously never been to Manhattan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

• Registered Users Posts: 86,190 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just wondering will Finn and Neasa become romantically involved? I think they would make a believable couple.

I think Finn will get with one or if not both of the Dillion girls Neasa and Caoimhe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
          I think Finn will get with one or if not both of the Dillion girls Neasa and Caoimhe

Together;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I loved last nights show - especially the disappearing postman at the very start of the episode - he was there with his bike and a second later he was gone.....

• Advertisement

In fairness, the new bar isn't that bad (apart from the wallpaper) and does look good..:)

I loved Louie & Esther chatting together.. getting interested now in this Jo storyline...

This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement