Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Welcome Kazbah and NeedaNewName, hope you enjoy the thread :D

For those asking, it seems Sean is back... where was he hiding then :rolleyes:

http://twitpic.com/4d4ynp

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

angel01 wrote: »

What's the point in brining him back - all he does is moan and start arguments with Paul

What's the point in brining him back - all he does is moan and start arguments with Paul

I like him but I would like him to get a decent storyline, Hope they can bring Doug back soon. :) I am missing Duncan though :(

I like him but I would like him to get a decent storyline, Hope they can bring Doug back soon. :) I am missing Duncan though :(

Yeah, its not the same without Doug.

Speaking of Duncan - saw him on the DART there last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Does Finn still have his shares in Brennan Motors? Maybe Doug could come back and buy out Finns share of the garage. I'd love to see him as Keiths boss.

I was reading this morning about the new Bishop storyline. It involves their neice, named Sash and another new character called Baz. So it's going to be,...Decco, Denzo, Zumo, Sash and Baz!!!! Where do they dream up the names??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

this thread is beginning to do my nut. The best thing about soaps is the general banter about the characters and ridiculous storylines but that isn't allowed to happen in here - all must be positive and heaven forfend if somebody strays slightly off topic and talks about RTE in general or other soaps. It feels very much like we are all being moderated by other boardsies rather than the actual moderator. Fair city has its moments but let's face it - it has some very shoddy aspects aswell - all of which should be up for discussion and indeed celebrated - it's a soap opera, not Shakespeare at the National.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Has he been kidnapped.

Kidnapper 1: Look just hold up this copy of the RTÉ Guide
    Kidnapper 2: But it a weekly publication shouldn't we us the Times or something
    Kidnapper 1: Nah the Times will make us look like poshers
    Kidnapper 2: Well what about The Sun
    Kidnapper 1: Look I might not be posh but I don't want to look thick
    Kidnapper 2: And the RTÉ guide makes you look intelligent?
    Kidnapper 1: Go to today's BBC 4 listing!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

optogirl wrote: »
    this thread is beginning to do my nut. The best thing about soaps is the general banter about the characters and ridiculous storylines but that isn't allowed to happen in here - all must be positive and heaven forfend if somebody strays slightly off topic and talks about RTE in general or other soaps. It feels very much like we are all being moderated by other boardsies rather than the actual moderator. Fair city has its moments but let's face it - it has some very shoddy aspects aswell - all of which should be up for discussion and indeed celebrated - it's a soap opera, not Shakespeare at the National.

Agreed but generally those who do go criticizing it just end up staling it completely, which shows they really aren't fans. You would think I was a fan of soaps the amount of posts I put on here. I am going over to the Home and Away thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I was reading this morning about the new Bishop storyline. It involves their neice, named Sash and another new character called Baz. So it's going to be,...Decco, Denzo, Zumo, Sash and Baz!!!! Where do they dream up the names??? :)

As a northside Dubliner, I can tell you that every family on the northside have those names:rolleyes::rolleyes:. More stereotyping by FC...I've switched off for a while again...Robert does my nut in - and Carol in that red dress looked awful - I imagine that was supposed to her 'statement'...I'm fed up with it now and gonna switch back to EE as I believe the baby storyline is coming to and end and I'm just dying to figure out how they do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

max life wrote: »
    You think Carol is hot??? I suppose each to their own. ;)
    Oh definetly.. I have great fantasies of Carol up top, beautiful.

Yeah, its not the same without Doug.

Speaking of Duncan - saw him on the DART there last week.

Did you speak to him? If not, why not :eek::D

Did you speak to him? If not, why not :eek::D

Nah, I was listening to my iPod, he was reading a book, it would've been rude to interrupt...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Yvonne staying around full time now and where is her missus? Are they separated?

Nah, I was listening to my iPod, he was reading a book, it would've been rude to interrupt...

I would love if he came back to the show, badly missed.. loved when he was stirring up trouble ...

thought he was great aswell. Annoying the way some actors are underused

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Yvonne staying around full time now and where is her missus? Are they separated?

They were never legally married in the first place. It was just a blessing (for Connie's father) and Connie is still in Oz, Yvonne referred to Connie and said it didn't work out (they went to counselling I think) and she is staying full time in the show now.

optogirl wrote: »
    thought he was great aswell. Annoying the way some actors are underused

It seems that the Bishops and Dillons are becoming the new Niamh & Paul and are getting overused and others hardly get a scrap of a storyline. :(

So is Yvonne gay or straight or bi now :confused: and how come she aint out looking for a new love interest or being a biatch that dont seem like Yvonne

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So is Yvonne gay or straight or bi now :confused: and how come she aint out looking for a new love interest or being a biatch that dont seem like Yvonne

A bit of both I presume...give her time.. I would like her to go back to being a bit of a bitch.. she plays that part well.

It would be good if they brought the child she gave up into the show and see what he is like now... might stir up a few emotions with her.

• Advertisement

Sash Bishop Character page: http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/characters/sashbishop.html

000465db-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 053

Tuesday 29th March

A bedraggled figure arrives to Carrigstown.
    Eileen comes home with her grand-niece, Sash, in tow.
    Baz approaches Rachel and intimidates her into giving him the Bishops' address.
    An over-protective Paul learns that Rachel has been visiting Monastery Avenue, and puts a ban on Rachel visiting the Bishop household.
    Sash makes an impression in the Community Centre.
    Niamh leaves Paul holding the baby.
    And Eileen takes a turn for the worst.
    Written by Thomas McLaughlin.

000465dc-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 054

Wednesday 30th March

A depressed Christy is unable to open Phelan's, Cass takes advantage and helps himself to some milk.
    Vivienne checks in on a frail Eileen.
    Rachel decides that she wants to get something nice for Niamh for Mother's Day and agrees to buy a bracelet from Denzo.
    Baz's campaign for his debt to be repaid shows no sign of abating.
    Paul's suspicions are aroused by Rachel's attempt to raise money.
    Robert and Wayne speculate over Sash. Roberts honesty costs Wayne his jeans!
    Judith runs some tests on Eileen.
    Eileen decides to get her affairs in order, and has a proposition for Vivienne.
    Written by Thomas McLaughlin.

000465dd-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 055

Thursday 31st March

Baz threatens Sash in the street, Dermot comes to her rescue.
    Cass contemplates the joys of wearing pyjamas all day, and decides its time to stand up for his PJ rights!
    Robert struggles to write a message on his Mother's Day card.
    Eileen enlists Charlotte's help to get Vivienne on side.
    Dermot's ban on pyjamas nearly cause Cass to bare all in the Community Centre.
    Dolores notices a transaction between Rachel and Denzo.
    Charlotte sets Baz up.
    Niamh goes snooping in Rachel's room.
    And Vivienne keeps watch over the work of her boys!
    Written by Hilary Reynolds.

000465de-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 056

Sunday 3rd April

The Sunday papers gather dust outside Phelan's.
    Wayne breaks the news about Baz to Sash.
    Eileen picks up her results.
    Niamh and Rachel have an acrimonious Mother's Day afternoon.
    Vivienne and Eileen negotiate house rules.
    Robert helps Wayne surprise Dolores.
    The Bishop clan enjoy a steak out together, while Sash is happy to settle for a burger with Robert.
    Paul and Niamh decide it's time to lay off Rachel..for while.

Written by Hilary Reynolds.
    Directed by Eleanor Cunney.
    Location Director Alan Robinson.

It seems that the Bishops and Dillons are becoming the new Niamh & Paul and are getting overused and others hardly get a scrap of a storyline. :(

Can't say that I've noticed either the Bishops or the Dillons being overused - maybe it just seems that way because they're such big families, but I can't say thay I've noticed them being used any more than Bob, Louie, Carol, Christy or anyone else currently involved in a storyline.
    I do think that some characters like Robert and Damian are being underused at the moment, but both had big storylines last year, so that's understandable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

I don't mind actors being used all the time, as long as they are good actors. Like when Niamh was in all the time, i didn't mind because she can act and can do comedy and serious drama. But they bishops really are dreadful! It's like they've been picked off the street! I can't understand half of what Zumo says because he mumbles and his tone never changes wheather he's scared, angry, relaxed, happy or sad. I honestly think anyone could do a better job. Thank god for sky plus! I've got to the stage where, in my house, if we see a bishop, we fast forward. It's actors like Zumo and Felix (he seems to be gone thank god) that give fair city the dodgy reputation that it has.

I think one that is clinically underused is Wayne and Pete :(:(

Leo hardly gets a storyline either :(

The Dillons are overkill, they are always on the screen since they came into it.

When did Vivienne and Judith becomes friends again :confused: Vivienne stole prescription pads and blackmailed Judith to get her job back

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

I'd like to see two new Bishop brothers called Zeppo and Gummo, just to complete the family.

Baz was in it for a while a couple of years back. I think he's their uncle. Zumo and the others were working for him when they had their run-in with Damien and Mark. I think it was his gun they tried to kill Mark with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

000465db-545.jpg

Baz approaches Rachel and intimidates her into giving him the Bishops' address.

Remind me, who is Baz. Is he one of these new characters that almost everyone will have known with years. Has he been mentioned before.

it's Frank Gallagher!

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Remind me, who is Baz. Is he one of these new characters that almost everyone will have known with years. Has he been mentioned before.

He is allegedly the one that is responsible for Eileen's daughters death.

Article about it: http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0329/faircity.html

Camera work on Sunday, I thought, was shocking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Sean is possibily back to impregnate the young Rachel. Rachel will say it's Barry's baby...Paul will have another heart attack - and Rachel will then confess the truth - which causes mayhem (technically not incest - but apart from Brookside this is an issue that hasn't been tackled has it?)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement