Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

Karen23 wrote: »
    Sash is from Ballymun , I've seen her in a play in The Axis.

So is denzo,zumo,decco and doug ferguson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Today:
    Phelans is closed as Christy is too drunk and depressed to open it. Sash catches a guilty Cash stealing milk from outside Phelans. In Monastery Avenue Eileen lies on the couch and refuses to see a doctor. Denzo and Decco anxiously look after her. Rachel decides that she wants to get something nice for Niamh for Mothers Day and agrees to buy a bracelet from Denzo.

Decco meets a desperate Baz and he warns him to back off. Baz tells him he is owed €800 and really needs the money. A suspicious Paul learns that Rachel is selling her computer games saying she is too old for them now. Vivienne learns more about Baz and warns Charlotte to stay away from him. Charlotte tells her she is safer in Monastery Avenue.

During the conversation she gets a call from Eileen who has had a dizzy spell and begs Vivienne to come over. She fears she is dying. Vivienne and Judith arrive to her rescue and Judith warns Vivienne that she must take Eileen seriously. Vivienne is surprised by how much sympathy she feels for Eileen.

Dermot decides to ban people wearing pyjamas in the community centre but after Robert meets Sash he decides she is not a skanger. He tells an amused Sash that Wayne called him that. Sash pours milk over Wayne. The Bishop Boys are shocked by Eileen's infirmity. Zumo especially cannot stand the tension of having his gran sick. Sash's presence in the community polarises opinions. A frightened Eileen implores Vivienne to move into Monastery Avenue.

Thursday
    Baz bumps into Sash again and begs her to repay Collette's loan. Sash spits in his face and Baz goes to attack her but Dermot intervenes. Eileen tries and fails to get Vivienne to move in. She tells her she couldn't have Charlotte influenced by what goes on in the house. Eileen tells Vivienne that Charlotte is a Bishop and it's in her blood. Wayne berates Robert for telling Sash about what he said. And Cass contemplates the joys of wearing pyjamas all day.

Robert tells Dolores that he bought a Mothers Day card but he hasn't been able to write anything on it. An annoyed Dermot pins up a 'no pyjamas' sign in the community centre. Eileen enlists Charlotte's help to persuade Vivienne to move in. Charlotte excitedly agrees. Rachel meets Denzo in the Hungry Pig to collect the bracelet she wants for Niamh. Dolores notes Rachel giving Denzo money and taking a small brown package from him. Later she tells a worried Niamh what she saw. In the surgery Vivienne requests Eileen's tests are hurried through.

Charlotte decides to set Baz up so that the family will rally around her. She sees Baz and calls her mum asking her to meet her in the park. She starts talking to Baz who thinks she's being friendly. She tells him to take the money that is owed to him from her purse. When she sees her mum she starts screaming pretending that he's trying to steal from her. Vivienne roars at him to stop touching her daughter and Baz realises that he has been set up runs.

Zumo arrives on the scene and warns Vivienne not to call the guards and they will 'deal' with him the Bishop way. Cass defies Dermot's ban and arrives into the community centre wearing pyjamas. Dermot relents and takes the sign down. Zumo, Decco and Sash talk and they set up a meeting with Baz. Decco tells him he has the money and they should meet in the lock up in the back of a road.

Niamh tells Paul what Dolores said and they decide that they should search Rachel's room. They panic when they find a gold bracelet in her room and nearly get caught by Rachel snooping. Vivienne learns that the boys have gone out together. She goes to McCoys bar searching frantically for them. She finds them in the lock up and learns what they are going to do. But instead of stopping it she sanctions 'Bishops law' and stands outside when they boys viciously beat Baz up.

Sunday
    Dermot and Wayne try to get Christy to open Phelans but realise that he's not going to answer the door. They talk about Baz being badly beaten up and Wayne announces that he got what he deserved. In the park, Vivienne reassures Charlotte that she has nothing to worry about.

Eileen gets a present from Paddy, who wishes her a speedy recovery. She hides a present that he sent for Charlotte. Vivienne calls to the house and tells her she will move in but there will be certain conditions they need to adhere to - which include no guns, no drugs and a rule that Paddy cannot ever walk through the door. Eileen agrees. Niamh and Paul discuss how they are going to handle Rachel. They decide to talk to her after the meal tonight. However, Rachel arrives back to the house and gets into a fight with Niamh. It escalates until Niamh tells her she knows about Denzo Bishop. Rachel accuses her of spying on her and leaves the house.

Robert reveals to Dolores that he never sent his card as he didn't know what to say. Wayne then surprises Dolores by bringing her out for dinner. The Bishop boys are delighted when they realises that their gran is going to be okay. Vivienne then warns them that her blood pressure is high, she's severely anaemic and suffering from exhaustion, so she will need a break. But the atmosphere is ruined when Decco learns that Vivienne is moving in.

Niamh, Paul, Rachel and Ruth go for Mothers Day dinner, but the tension is palpable. Niamh apologises for starting a fight with her earlier and they make up. Rachel hands her the bracelet and thanks her for being a great mum. Niamh is overcome with emotion. In the steak house, Decco reveals to Zumo that he is only letting Vivienne stay until his gran is better. Eileen gives Charlotte the necklace from Paddy and she lies to Vivienne about where she got it. The Bishops toast Vivienne as the head of the family.

Tuesday
    Paul tells a worried Carol that Christy is drinking non-stop and he is going to go out of business. Denzo spots an opportunity when he manages to open the door of Phelans. He takes money, bread and Eunice's old watch. Niamh goes through all her old stuff and finds a mini skirt. She shows it to Rachel, and Paul is delighted to see them bond. Sash is upset when she learns that her mum is staying on in rehab.

In the Hungry Pig, Dermot admits to Philip that money is really tight at the moment. Philip decides to pull his weight and help out. He asks Bob for a job. Bob tries to cheer Sarah up about her new job and the fact that her life has not gone the way she had hoped. Barry is shocked to learn that Vivienne has moved in with the Bishops. Yvonne informs Paul and tells him that Rachel will have to get a new best friend.

Carol remembers it's Christy's 60th birthday tomorrow. She asks Ray to keep him company. They go to Phelans to see if he is okay and find that the shop has been robbed. They find Christy passed out on the sofa and wake him up. Carol tries to call the guards but Christy kicks her out. Sarah calls to McCoys and Carol refuses to give Sarah change, saying she shouldn't work with Bob. She then bumps into Suzanne and Suzanne tries to make amends. Sarah tells her she doesn't want to be friends with her anymore.

Vivienne convinces Robert to agree to give Sash work experience. Sash agrees to this but insists she will return to her own flat. Caoimhe tries to disagree with them. Sean arrives back into Phelans and is shocked to see the state of the place. Sarah and Barry talk and they wonder how their lives have gone so badly. Barry tries to give more confidence to Sarah, saying she's a great journalist. Niamh reveals to Paul that Rachel had a crush on Philip. Paul overreacts.

Christy and Ray drink in a pub and Christy opens a tab. They sit next to a group of rowdy women and Christy tells them to keep it down. He starts talking to Val and lights up a cigarette trying to be funny. She tells him to take it outside and he falls and burns a hole in her expensive blouse, which she doesn't spot. He is later removed when they fight again. Robert reveals to Vivienne the news of Sash's dangerous living circumstances in her flat. Paul frets to Barry about Rachel growing up. Christy comes roaring into McCoys pub, followed swiftly by Ray. He lays into Louie about his behaviour and begs Carol to take him back.

Wednesday
    A smitten Rachel asks Philip to do a portrait of her. He tells her he will do a Japanese comic book portrait in a style called manga. Paul spots her and realises that she is wearing Niamh's old mini skirt. He sends her home. Paul calls to Christy and tells him that he is going to lose his place. Ray asks Sean to look after the place. In Monastery Avenue, Charlotte cannot help being jealous in front of Sash. Denzo gives Sash the watch he stole from Phelans and she realises that he didn't buy it. She tells him she hates liars and thieves.

Carol takes the head off Bob and tells him he needs to go and apologise to Christy. Yvonne tells Carol that she has got what she wanted and now she has to live with the consequences. In the surgery, Caoimhe and Sash reach an uneasy truce. Vivienne is shocked to discover a mace spray in Sash's bag. Philip meets Dermot in the community centre and tells him that he's dropping off a picture that he has drawn for Rachel. Paul opens the door to Philip and takes the letter with the portrait in it. He opens it and goes ballistic when he sees the manga drawing of Rachel. He tells Niamh that he makes Rachel look like she's posing for Playboy. He meets Rachel and makes her cry. She tells him she did nothing wrong.

Yvonne teases Bob about Sarah, saying he's only interested in her salad tossing skills. Robert tells Sarah that Yvonne implied she was only made manager because of her personal skills. Rachel goes to Barry's for grind and she breaks down, telling him what happened with her dad. Barry tries to calm her down. He tells her she is a very mature girl but her dad is just being protective. Yvonne warns Paul that he needs to let Rachel grow up and that she is not going to be a baby forever.

Val calls to Phelans and demands that Christy replace her burnt blouse. He apologises and gives her the money. Sash goes back to the house and sees through Charlotte's manipulation of Vivienne. She tells her she is a spoilt little brat. She tells her the fact she's using her cancer to get her own way is despicable.

Paul spots Philip outside the Hungry Pig and attacks him. Philip tells him there is nothing filthy about the portrait unless he has a filthy mind. In Phelans, Denzo tries to sneak back in and return the watch. Christy catches him and tries to beat him with a hammer but Ray stops him in time.

Thursday
    Niamh forces Paul to see that his actions are embarrassing Rachel. Dermot tells Paul he owes Philip an apology. Ray calls to Christy and tells him that he could have badly hurt Denzo. Christy tells him he thought he was Louie. Sash riles Charlotte by encouraging Vivienne to do less for her. In Vinos Yvonne is sympathetic to Paul's concerns about Rachel. Paul attempts to apologise to Philip but fails.

Carol asks Sean to look out for Carol. A delighted Sarah tells Bob she applied for a job in London and has been called for an interview. Bob kindly gives her a few days off. Charlotte calls to the surgery and purposely spills coffee over Sash's paperwork. Robert and Sash spot this. Sash doesn't let Robert tell Vivienne what Charlotte did.

Paul attempts to apologise to Rachel but it goes all wrong. Rachel tells him that he was wrong to make Philip sound like a pervert and Barry agrees. They ask her why she was talking to Barry about this. She fails to tell them that they weren't having an inappropriate conversation with Barry. She makes things worse by saying that Barry told her she was very mature for her age and then made her hot chocolate. Sarah calls to Suzanne and tries to apologise. She tells Suzanne that it takes two to have a friendship and she is always the one making the effort. Sarah leaves on worse terms.

Sean calls to Christy, who has sobered up, and they share a moment together. Bob spots Sarah in McCoys and boosts her confidence by telling her she will get the job. Robert and Sash share a drink and she amuses him. Niamh conceals from Sean the real reason for Paul and Rachel's latest row. Philip sketches a picture of Gemma, and Bob tells her he will put it up in the Hungry Pig.

Christy rejects Ray's attempts to get him out among friends. An agitated Paul calls to Barry's. He accuses Barry of having secret chats with Rachel and asks why he was doing that. Barry tells him to calm down, adding that he was only trying to comfort an upset Rachel. Barry tells him his innuendo about him is disgusting. Paul cancels his grinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I loved last nights episode. The new girl - I could have been watching my friend's daughter - who has her pj's constantly on - same hair, lovely nails and a tounge that would cut you for even looking at her (her favourite words are Yeah Right!!).

I love all the Bishops but Zumo needs a girlfriend, maybe Sarah (or Dolores) could go to him for Judo lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ah man, really wanna see the newbies - first time in a long time I've genuinely been itching to see an episode, but I like watching them back to back on a Sunday, so I guess I'll have a few more days to wait.

Just having nightmares yet again about Baz and Sash.. those accents were dire but still it was a great episode all in all..

I loved Wayne, I could watch him in Fair City, all by himself and I would still be intrigued. was laughing away with the scenes with Robert & Dolores...

As for Cass and Sash in the community centre, brilliant stuff :D

Poor Eileen though :(:( Thought that scene was well acted.. I do love Decco..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Sash isnt to bad she may well grow on me. But please fair city dont put her with Robert id like Robert to meet someone a bit more like him. I Reckon Sash is only about 16/17 because she was sitting in the pub without a drink and then Zumo offered her one and he said not to worry he wont tell....

The last scene of the episode was shocking it was like watching a panto i thought. Denzo is a brutal actor he was just running on the spot and looked like he was about to soil himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

How can anyone put 'well-acted' and Eileen and Decco in the same sentence!

pavcro10 wrote: »
    How can anyone put 'well-acted' and Eileen and Decco in the same sentence!

Well I like Eileen and I am a huge fan of Decco. I think he plays the part really well. Denzo (I could slightly agree with you on) but definately not Decco. I really like him and his character. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Robert is one of the best characters ever on the show they need way more scenes with him

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Robert is one of the best characters ever on the show they need way more scenes with him

I feel that way about Wayne :D

• Advertisement

Defo - he's a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I'm really enjoying the friendship developing between Robert and Wayne. Wonder where that will go or will it just fade away like the storyline with Eileen Bishop chasing Ray. I think Ray is great.
    I'd love to see Wayne getting a job working behind the bar in McCoys or The Station, or even flipping burgers in the Hungry Pig. It'd be great to see his interaction with the customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

I agree totally!! He's great! He's funny. And doesn't fall into the trap of trying to be funny. the characters I think are wasted are
    Robert (with the asbergers condition, so much more to explore. He was brilliant when his mother came into it)

Wayne. (great comic character. Love to see him win the lotto or something and blow it all!)

Pete. Fabulous actor. One of the best in the show. Never in a bad scene. Very natural and believable. Hasn't had a story since he arrived. Tragic. His case is the most unexplainable in my eyes

Ray. Did great work when gina died and now is a peripheral figure.

Niamh. Great actress. Very versatile. Strong presence. I know it was overkill with her and paul last year, but at least they can act.

Yvonne. Character in limbo, they don't seem to know what to do with her. But she can act!! Give her screentime. Better than the bishop/Dillon crap we have now! Very watchable, and the character is a great one to slip into other people's story's and put the cat among the pigeons!

Dean. Another character in limbo. Never in a bad scene. Believable. When him and Tracey( they need her back) got together, we all laughed at how ridiculous it was. But they made it work( unlike carol and Louie) to the point where, I only want Dean with Tracey.

Orla. I love her as an actress. Great when she went bust last year. Can do comedy. But like the rest, rewarded with a push to the side. Again, it's like the writers don't know what to do with her.

Esther. Even though she features frequently. Never has had a chance to run with a story. She has her character perfect. Baffles me why she is underused. A story for a character like that would write itself.

That's the ones who spring to mind. I'm sure others will pop into my head as soon as I post!!

How did Wayne and Robert become pals again and what happened to Robert and Dean's friendship and also Wayne and Damo's friendship?

I do agree some great characters in Wayne, Robert, Ray, Pete, Orla, Keith and all of the Bishops (the Dingles of Carrigstown :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Anyone here thinks that Yvonne is unbelievably sexy???

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

My word, I've never laughed as hard at Fair City as I did in last night's final scene. The acting was shocking. Yer man Baz, and the pajama queen are a great addition - for comedy value! I am a fan of Fair City, but even the most hardcore fans have to see the unintentional comedy of last night. I thought they hit a peak when Terrance/The Joker turned up a few years ago, but these new hard-chaws are right up there!

closeline wrote: »

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

is the new blonde bishop from hollyoaks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

RVD420 wrote: »
    but these new hard-chaws are right up there!

I haven't heard that expression in years:D:D
    Appalling acting alright...even Granny Bishop can't 'collapse' and make it look real...I mean, how hard is it to collapse:rolleyes:my 8yr old would do a better job:rolleyes:

'FAIR City' actress Aoibhin Garrihy gets ready to join up to 2,000 walkers and runners who are expected to trek the lunar landscape of the Burren as part of the Clare Burren Marathon Challenge.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/aoibhin-is-all-laced-up-and-ready-for-the-marathon-2599996.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

closeline wrote: »
    Yeah, in a certain light - PITCH BLACK !!!:D

• Advertisement

pavcro10 wrote: »
    I agree totally!! He's great! He's funny. And doesn't fall into the trap of trying to be funny. the characters I think are wasted are
    Robert (with the asbergers condition, so much more to explore. He was brilliant when his mother came into it)

Wayne. (great comic character. Love to see him win the lotto or something and blow it all!)

Pete. Fabulous actor. One of the best in the show. Never in a bad scene. Very natural and believable. Hasn't had a story since he arrived. Tragic. His case is the most unexplainable in my eyes

Ray. Did great work when gina died and now is a peripheral figure.

Niamh. Great actress. Very versatile. Strong presence. I know it was overkill with her and paul last year, but at least they can act.

Yvonne. Character in limbo, they don't seem to know what to do with her. But she can act!! Give her screentime. Better than the bishop/Dillon crap we have now! Very watchable, and the character is a great one to slip into other people's story's and put the cat among the pigeons!

Dean. Another character in limbo. Never in a bad scene. Believable. When him and Tracey( they need her back) got together, we all laughed at how ridiculous it was. But they made it work( unlike carol and Louie) to the point where, I only want Dean with Tracey.

Orla. I love her as an actress. Great when she went bust last year. Can do comedy. But like the rest, rewarded with a push to the side. Again, it's like the writers don't know what to do with her.

Esther. Even though she features frequently. Never has had a chance to run with a story. She has her character perfect. Baffles me why she is underused. A story for a character like that would write itself.

That's the ones who spring to mind. I'm sure others will pop into my head as soon as I post!!

Agree with all the above. Wouldn't be a huge Esther fan myself, but she's good for the role she's supposed to be in and think she deserves a shot at a good storyline.

I'd add Cass to that list as well - he's great but really hasn't had any big storylines to deal with it. I'd like to see a dramatic story thrown his way.

And Keith - hasn't really had a big storyline in awhile. Fair enough, he had that whole love quadrangle going on over christmas, but I think he's the type of character they should do a men's health awarenss storyline with as he's the type of character male viewers would relate to and Alan is a fantastic actor.

Leo hasn't had a big storyline in years - no matter what you think of his acting, no one can deny Leo Dowling is an iconic soap character and they should give him a good story.

Dearbhla Dillon also needs a storyline - she's the most underused of the lot of them and apart from maybe Tommy, probably the most liked of the Dillons.

Bob, Damo and Dolores have had big stories or being used a lot recently, but I won't complain if any of them gets another story thrown their way. 3 fantastic actors.

Ciara O'Callaghan (Yvonne) looks like Maura Derrane imo

c-o-callaghan.jpg

000393c1-314.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I would love to see Esther and Eileen developing a true friendship - they play more or less the same age in the soap, and although they are obviously from totally different backgrounds I bet they'd make a good on screen partnership (discussing things that they can't discuss with their families) I'm thinking more of Audrey and Alma in Corrie. Even though Esther is the local gossip she wouldn't betray Eileen.

Also who won the Come Dine with me between the girls or was that knocked on the head - and how come the dinner girls didn't rally around Carol?

deelite wrote: »
    I would love to see Esther and Eileen developing a true friendship - they play more or less the same age in the soap, and although they are obviously from totally different backgrounds I bet they'd make a good on screen partnership

And the fact that neither of them can actually ACT, would mean they'd have even more in common:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Karen23 wrote: »
    Sash is from Ballymun , I've seen her in a play in The Axis.
    So is denzo,zumo,decco and doug ferguson

I didnt know Doug was from Ballymun

Ciara O'Callaghan (Yvonne) looks like Maura Derrane imo

c-o-callaghan.jpg

000393c1-314.jpg

Ciara at least doesn't have that really irritating voice that Maura has :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Charlotte gets attacked by baz:eek: **** JUST HIT THE FAN:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Fittle wrote: »
    And the fact that neither of them can actually ACT, would mean they'd have even more in common:D
    I second that !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

well that episode was kinda awkward..... i hate the end of a scene that's left with a long gaze where you think something should be said....
    baz is awful.....
    eileen wears too much makeup (hubby asked why her face was so orange LOL)
    the whole "you should move in here... family again... the bishops" was so corny! ugh......

MOAR WAYNE! MOAR PETE! MOAR ROBERT! & less awkward scenes please!

0003379b546.jpg

i remember baz from that time. the lads look so young and skinny! denzo & zumo have put on an awful lot of weight since those days!

• Advertisement

I think the Bishops are trying to be the Irish version of the Mitchells.....FAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMILLLLLLLEEEEEEEE!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement