Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Oh holy mother of god!! Baz might possibly be the worst actor to ever appear in fair city!!

Robert is brilliant! Every scene he does is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

closeline wrote: »
    Anyone here thinks that Yvonne is unbelievably sexy???

yup, and she got the puppies out in a movie before ! saw it on podge & rodge few years ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

pavcro10 wrote: »
    Robert is brilliant! Every scene he does is good!
    I completely agree. I think Robert is a great character and he is an inspiration to young people with Aspergers or Autism Spectrum Disorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I completely agree. I think Robert is a great character and he is an inspiration to young people with Aspergers or Autism Spectrum Disorder.

I completely disagree.

They have yet to tackle the fact that he has aspergers in any real sense. They have yet to tackle the challenges a person faces in everyday life, who has this condition.
    Instead, they choose to have him as the 'comedic' character - the 'oddball'. If FC want to get serious about tackling austism and aspergers in adults, there are better ways of doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Fair City isn't a medical programme so it is not their role to inform people on all aspects of autism/aspergers. The main difficulties for people on the spectrum revolve around communication and social skills difficulties and I feel Robert's character highlights some of these difficulties - like taking things literally or not understanding irony. Robert has made friends, he was involved in a serious relationship (under relatively recently) and he has great job, he is far from just being a comic character in my opinion. I think alot of people on the spectrum would like to be as successful as he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Rogercar!! Are you a bishop? :D
    That was easily the worst acting I have ever seen over the course of an episode! Baz is Felix-bad!! Possibly worse! Eileen is the same and so is Zumo!! Dreadful, dreadful!! It makes me mad!! I defend fair city to the hilt in work and then they go and put that garbage on tonight!! Fair city writers/producers!! Here is a message! Heed it!! The bishops are grand for a sideshow! But put them in any situation where acting is required, where they have to interpret a storyline, or they are the main focus of the show for a given time, THIS happens!!! I couldn't do my usual and fast play their scenes tonight, because they were in every one!!!
    No I am definetely not one of the Bishops and am not in any way connected to FC, nor do I know any of the actors, production crew etc. I stand over everything I wrote. All of the Bishops including Eileen and Vivienne are excellent. Baz & Sash? Let's give them time. In terms of acting Paul, Niambh, Louie, Carole, Ray, Jo & Dermot are my favourites. Those guys can act imo including all of the Bishops.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

id just like to say i enjoy fc but the bishops are just cringeworthy and embarrassing to watch and i wish robert would p**s off he does my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

rogercar wrote: »
    No I am definetely not one of the Bishops and am not in any way connected to FC, nor do I know any of the actors, production crew etc. I stand over everything I wrote. All of the Bishops including Eileen and Vivienne are excellent. Baz & Sash? Let's give them time. In terms of acting Paul, Niambh, Louie, Carole, Ray, Jo & Dermot are my favourites. Those guys can act imo including all of the Bishops.

I agree with giving people more time - I hated (the characters) Cass and Robert when they first came in - but now I love them.

I love the new girl - maybe a new bit of younger rough for Louie....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Oh holy mother of god!! Baz might possibly be the worst actor to ever appear in fair city!!

Err no I think that award (and he still holds it to the best of my knowledge) was Father Thadedus (spelling not right).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

I'm really starting to believe theres a Serial Ball Breaker(remover) a foot in FC ! ...... Louis, Zummo, Damian, Keith, Christy, Charlie, Dean .... And dare I say it even Carol ffs! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm really starting to believe theres a Serial Ball Breaker(remover) a foot in FC ! ...... Louis, Zummo, Damian, Keith, Christy, Charlie, Dean .... And dare I say it even Carol ffs! :(

Add in Yvonne :p

Throw in Leo to that sad list as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 highwireact

Rogercar!! Are you a bishop? :D
    That was easily the worst acting I have ever seen over the course of an episode! Baz is Felix-bad!! Possibly worse! Eileen is the same and so is Zumo!! Dreadful, dreadful!! It makes me mad!! I defend fair city to the hilt in work and then they go and put that garbage on tonight!! Fair city writers/producers!! Here is a message! Heed it!! The bishops are grand for a sideshow! But put them in any situation where acting is required, where they have to interpret a storyline, or they are the main focus of the show for a given time, THIS happens!!! I couldn't do my usual and fast play their scenes tonight, because they were in every one!!!

Long time reader and first time poster. You just reeled me in with the above.....

You bascially just slated the whole crew so why do you even watch the show?? You have a remote, change the channel!!

In regards to Baz, he was in it some years back, before the Bishops, on several occasions actually. I admit, his recent stint was not 10 out of 10 but not as bad as half this website is making out to be and any true fan of the show would have witness his much stronger preformances in the past....

Give the guy a chance.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Cass is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Well at lest Baz got a good kicking tonight for his poor acting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

I think that Decco's face is hilarious to watch. His expressions are exactly what you would expect from that character.

Please give Wayne and Robert more storylines.

I really enjoyed tonights episode. Cass and Wayne were great as usual. I laughed out loud when I saw Decco working out with the dumbell. Beefing himself up for the hit on Baz. It looks like Viviene is becoming the new 'Tony Soprano' of Carrigstown.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Baz is Eileen's son in law yet he way looks older than her :p

Baz's lifestyle is probably why he looks as bad as he is. He is not going to look like a picture of health now after Zumo and Decco's beating.

I laughed out loud when I saw Decco working out with the dumbell.

I'd love it if he couldn't manage to pick it up despite making many attempts to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

starryeye wrote: »
    Angel welcomed the new ones to the thread. I don't recall getting any welcome when I joined. I think I will get over it though.

I think that Decco's face is hilarious to watch. His expressions are exactly what you would expect from that character.

Please give Wayne and Robert more storylines.

Welcome all newbies

We are all Carrigstownieholics :p

Cass was hilarious tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

the video work in the opening scene was awful!
    some of the scenes are getting a bit sloppy as well.... c'mon FC pull them socks up a lil! :D

loved cass.. gawd he's great craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Locked Messed Monster

Missed this. Thank god for repeats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

No i'm not, I eh....... took a wrong turn and eh.......... thought it was friday and eh......... that this was the late late show thread. Yes thats it, my story and i'm sticking to it :cool:

calex71 wrote: »
    No i'm not, I eh....... took a wrong turn and eh.......... thought it was friday and eh......... that this was the late late show thread. Yes thats it, my story and i'm sticking to it :cool:

LOL!!:D

Welcome all newbies

Cass was hilarious tonight

Thank you JP Liz V1. Cass was hilarious when he said he thought there was Stalin inside Dermot and he enjoyed winding him up. I think Wayne is great in the comedy scenes with Robert too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Welcome to highwireact and anyone else new to the thread, the more the merrier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

1st april:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 blondestbarbie

I'm a Long time Reader And Just Had to Register so this is my first post!.
    I absolutely Love Cass fair play to him for sticking up for Sasha!! his pajamas were deadly and he has the full hugh hefner outfit on sunday :D:D
    And as for Robert, he is so sweet ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement