Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Barack Obama is set to visit the Carrickstown set

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0401/obamab.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I'm a Long time Reader And Just Had to Register so this is my first post!.
    I absolutely Love Cass fair play to him for sticking up for Sasha!! his pajamas were deadly and he has the full hugh hefner outfit on sunday :D:D
    And as for Robert, he is so sweet ;)

Hi, welcome to the thread! I love Cass as well, hated him at first :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I thought the camerawork was very shaky in 2 scenes last night....very shoddy.
    Cass was brilliant last night...very funny in his pyjamas.
    Welcome blondestbarbie ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 blondestbarbie

angel01 wrote: »
    Hi, welcome to the thread! I love Cass as well, hated him at first :eek:

i know he is great he cracks me up. and im interested in sash wonder how her character will grow Her accent is natural not like your one Una... she wrecked my head!!!!!:eek:

i know he is great he cracks me up. and im interested in sash wonder how her character will grow Her accent is natural not like your one Una... she wrecked my head!!!!!:eek:

I liked Una but her recent return to the show was poor, they could have done so much more with her but I guess it was just a fleeting visit so to speak..

Would love to have Tracey back, she is badly missed :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Ya would like to see Tracey back. Good actor and good looking. Also, Dolores for her age is hot. First scene was shocking last night. And the last scene was so funny, pure cringy. That Vivienne one I cant stand her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

Does Zumo ever change his grey tracksuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Ah don't diss Una with the fada - I loved her - and tbh I'll probably love Sash just as much.

starryeye wrote: »
    Does Zumo ever change his grey tracksuit?

Bit like Bela and his leather jacket for years, it was his look!

I think Cass has inherited the jacket Bela had :D

I love Una.. wish they had given her a much better storyline and the jealous storyline was tripe.. :mad:

I agree with you angel about Una.

I hope that Robert and Wayne get some great storylines. Would like more comic moments from Ray and Cass too. Excellent actors.

• Advertisement

starryeye wrote: »
    I agree with you angel about Una.

I hope that Robert and Wayne get some great storylines. Would like more comic moments from Ray and Cass too. Excellent actors.

I would love to see Wayne getting some good storylines, in my opinion, he is one of the best in the cast, He is right up there for me and I love him and his character :)

Cass is very undervalued, I had a right laugh at him in the PJ's, lmao. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Been away from fair city for most of the week, just caught up on the ones I missed. Shouldn't have bothered! It's the worst week that I can remember in the 9 or 10 years I have been watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I like where they are going with the Vivienne storyline. Her dark side is emerging with blackmailing the doctor first and then giving the ok for Baz to be beaten/whacked. Now she's moving in the the house. "They're my boys now".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Looks like I'm on my own, but I really like Sash and Baz and I'm definitely rooting for Robert and Sash to get together.

Thought it was a really strong week this week - nice to have a break from the Christy/Carol/Louie saga and thought it was great performances all around. Usually I can't stand Eileen, Vivienne or Charlotte, but think they work well as part of the family unit.

Looks like I'm on my own, but I really like Sash and Baz and I'm definitely rooting for Robert and Sash to get together.
    I like the character of Sash aswell. She sure is fiesty. I cant see her and Robert getting together. I know they say opposites attract but that couple " would take the biscuit ". Baz is awful though. He sounds so different towards the last time he was in Carrigstown.
    I would love to see Mick coming back. I always liked that character.

Zumo looked weird in his suit.....first time he wasnt wearing a tracksuit!!!
    Seeing the Bishops like that reminded me of the Waltons....:D

max life wrote: »
    Zumo looked weird in his suit.....first time he wasnt wearing a tracksuit!!!
    Seeing the Bishops like that reminded me of the Waltons....:D

"Goodnight Zumo"
    "Goodnight Decco"
    "Goodnight Ma"
    "Goodnight Dennis"
    "Goodnight Charlotte"
    "Goodnight Gran"
    "Goodnight Sash"

It'll be interesting having them all living under the same roof - enjoyed the scene with Decco and Sash taking the piss out of Denzo in the bedroom.
    They made good use of Robert, Wayne and Cass this week, so hopefully they won't disappear into the background again anytime soon.

I would love to see Wayne getting some good storylines, in my opinion, he is one of the best in the cast, He is right up there for me and I love him and his character :)

Well said Angel. I feel he is not getting many storylines. Delighted that Victor Burke came back as Wayne. Hope he gets some good stories soon and comedy. Very entertaining when he is in comic scenes.

"Goodnight Zumo"
    "Goodnight Decco"
    "Goodnight Ma"
    "Goodnight Dennis"
    "Goodnight Charlotte"
    "Goodnight Gran"
    "Goodnight Sash"

It'll be interesting having them all living under the same roof - enjoyed the scene with Decco and Sash taking the piss out of Denzo in the bedroom.
    They made good use of Robert, Wayne and Cass this week, so hopefully they won't disappear into the background again anytime soon.
    I wonder where they will all sleep...i think its a 3 bedroom house.

max life wrote: »
    I wonder where they will all sleep...i think its a 3 bedroom house.

I'd say its a 4 bedroom as the lads would've had a room each, as would Eileen.
    Denzo and Decco are sharing now anyway. As are Sash and Charlotte. Eileen and Vivienne would have a room to themselves, so I wonder where they've stowed Zumo away. I'd like to see this explained on the show actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

I'd say its a 4 bedroom as the lads would've had a room each, as would Eileen.
    Denzo and Decco are sharing now anyway. As are Sash and Charlotte. Eileen and Vivienne would have a room to themselves, so I wonder where they've stowed Zumo away. I'd like to see this explained on the show actually.

zumo could be staying on in viv's apartment as she said .. otherwise they'll want to invest in a good few sets of bunk beds! lol
    lads looked great all cleaned up... but the photo taking session at the end was a bit of a weird way to end the episode...

not really liking the idea of robert with sash.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

When did Decco get into photography? yet again Cass steals the show, so funny in the community centre sitting in the front desk with the pipe in his mouth and his pjs!!

00046a98-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 057

Tuesday 5th April

Carols feels guilty as the neighbours note Christy's downfall.
    Denzo spots a 'shopping' opportunity.
    Niamh reminisces with Rachel.
    Charlotte plays the spoilt brat in front of Sash.
    Bob finds there are benefits to employing a sixteen year old.
    Seán comes home, and is shocked to see Christy's demise.
    Carol and Ray discover that Christy has been robbed.
    Vivienne puts Caoimhe in her place; "What are you, a college drop-out".
    Paul freaks out on hearing of Rachel's crush.

Written by Carmel Callan.

00046a99-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 058

Wednesday 6th April

Christy wakes up with the mother of all hangovers, and goes straight for breakfast of the vine!
      A smitten Rachel asks Philip to do a portrait of her.
      Caoimhe gets territorial in the clinic.
      Paul intercepts Rachel's drawing, with dire consequences.
      Sarah's promotion in the Hungry Pig sets tongues wagging.
      Sash witnesses Charlotte's manipulation of Vivienne.
      Barry has to deal with an emotional student.
      Paul attacks Philip, and Christy attacks a burgler.

Written by Carmel Callan.

00046a9a-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 059

Thursday 7th April

Sash calls Charlotte on her spoilt brat ways.
        Sarah gets word of a job interview in London.
        Paul's apology to Philip doesn't last very long.
        Bob offers Sarah some positive interview skills.
        Paul and Niamh are shocked to hear that Barry has become Rachel's confidante.
        Carol gets the cold shoulder from Ray.
        And Barry is horrified by Paul's assumption.

Written by Sian Quill.

00046a9b-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 060

Sunday 10th April

Niamh fails to persuade Paul to reconcile with Barry.
          Seán gives Christy some strong advice on dealing with his break-up.
          Sarah returns from her job interview and to Bob's words of wisdom.
          Keith is irked by Sarah and Bob's friendship.
          Christy and Ray go on honeymoon.
          It's World War three in the Brennan household, as Paul loses the plot with wild accusations.
          Yvonne accuses Barry of impropriety, and Barry accuses Niamh of trying to destroy his life for the second time!

Written by Noel McGee.
          Directed by Eleanor Cunney.
          Location Director Alan Robinson.

Sunday

Niamh fails to persuade Paul to back down with Rachel and reconcile with Barry. Carol spots Christy sitting on a park bench. She tries to talk to him but Sean interrupts and sticks up for him. Sarah tells Bob that her interview didn't go too well but she's going to try and be more positive from now on. Niamh and Barry talk and Barry tells her he is innocent and shouldn't have to defend himself. She tells him she will try and sort it out with Paul.

Sean surprises Christy with advice about coping with his break-up. He advises Christy to go on his honeymoon and take a friend with him. Denzo does his best to find a way to spend time with Sash. He tells her he likes having her around and the place is boring without her. Niamh fails to mediate between Paul and Rachel. Paul and Niamh fight when she asks him to apologise to Barry. Niamh is hurt and horrified when Paul questions her suitability as a role model for Rachel. He tells her she needs a parent, not a buddy. He tells her he doesn't want Rachel to turn out like Niamh.

Keith tries to probe Bob about his friendship with Sarah, and Bob does nothing to dispel the rumour that they are together. Keith is disgusted. Later in the house, Paul tries and fails to alleviate the hurt his comments inflicted on Niamh. She breaks down and cries. Sash mortifies Denzo by questioning his interest in her. Charlotte gives the impression to Sash that they can be friends by accepting the make-up that Sash buys for her. Bob and Sarah laugh off Keith's suspicion.

Paul seeks Yvonne's advice about Barry, Rachel and Niamh but fails to give her all the details of what he said and did. Barry tries to talk to Paul but he shrugs him off. Sarah impresses Suzanne with her new outlook in life and they bond over pizza. Yvonne fishes from Niamh the real reason why Paul is upset. Christy calls to McCoys and asks Ray to go on his honeymoon with him. Charlotte puts on the make-up that Sash gave to her but gives out about Sash, and Vivienne tells her to stop being a spoilt brat. Paul makes up with Niamh but remains unmoved about forgiving Barry and Rachel.

Sarah thanks Bob for his friendship and support. Yvonne approaches Barry and accuses him of 'grooming' Rachel. He angrily dismisses her criticism by telling her to take a look at her own train wreck of a life. Barry alienates Niamh by echoing Paul's criticism about her past. He gives out to Paul and Yvonne about what they are saying and tells them he won't let them destroy his life.

Tuesday
          Rachel tries to speak to Barry but he refuses to engage with her, which arouses Yvonne's suspicion even more. Paul tries to tell Barry that he spoke to Yvonne about it but Barry tells him he should never have thought it in the first place. Judith worries when Tommy applies for a garden clearance job as she fears it might be dangerous. In Monastery Avenue, Zumo offends Denzo by doubting his criminal acumen and Vivienne enlists Sash's help to keep an eye on Charlotte.

Damien tries to challenge Wayne over his selfish behaviour as a housemate. He tells him to stop using the kitchen as his office. Wayne promises to start paying bills and to clean up the place. In an attempt to impress Sash, he tells her that he's going to steal fridges and washers from half built apartments. Sash laughs at his idea, which leaves Denzo offended. A stressed Barry meets with Vivienne and tries to conceal his problems with Paul and Rachel.

Paul arrives in to Vinos and Yvonne causes even more trouble when she tells him that she saw Barry and Rachel talking earlier in the morning. He calls to Barry's and tells him that he's not doing himself any favours by talking to Rachel. Barry hands Paul Rachel's sports gear bag, saying that he wanted Paul to collect it, not Rachel. Paul finds the mini skirt in the bag and jumps to the wrong conclusion. Barry forces Paul to back down and see sense.

Sash enlists Zumo's help to protect Denzo from hurting himself. He meets Denzo but fails to make him stop his plans and then has to foil his robbery plot. Yvonne makes a call and reports Barry for social welfare fraud, revealing he is giving grinds. Sarah meets Barry in The Hungry Pig and is sympathetic to what is happening to him and tells him he has nothing to worry about. Sarah tells him she'll try to clear his name but he asks her not to say anything. Neasa, Zak and Dearbhla plan to help the household cope with Tommy's return to work.

Back in Monastery Avenue, Denzo alarms the Bishops after he reacts aggressively to Vivienne when Decco and Zumo doubt his ability to steal. Yvonne calls to the Brennans and witnesses Paul and Rachel mid-argument. Yvonne tries to interject but Rachel tells them the only one who listens to her is Barry. This alarms Paul and Yvonne.

Wayne invites Dolores over for dinner and buys a lot of presents for Damien as a thank you. But his bragging ends in an unexpected financial loss for him, when Dolroes tells him she wants her money from her shares. Tommy arrives home and is delighted to announce that he got the job. Yvonne arrives at McCoys and threatens a stunned Barry. She tells him to cancel all of his grinds or she will tell the parents what really happened with them.

Wednesday
          Barry convinces Paul to stop Yvonne launching a campaign against him. Tommy tries to reassure a concerned Judith that he will manage with his work and the household duties while she is away. Paul convinces Yvonne to back off Barry for Rachel's sake. He tells her he doesn't deserve this and he is just trying to earn a living like the rest of them. After Wayne's boasting he is forced to convince Damien to give him a loan of the rent he paid. He tells him he wants to give it to his mum to make a point.

A shocked Barry gets a call from the Social Welfare Officer. Decco fails to impress Sash when he slags Denzo. A considerate Sash tries to convince Denzo that he should take up an honest career instead. Barry meets Sarah and he tells her that the social welfare inspector called as he was on the dole while earning money. She is shocked to hear that he would do that. It dawns on Barry that it must have been Yvonne who did it. But Sarah makes things worse for Barry when she inadvertently tells Vivienne about the fall out with Barry and Paul. Barry calls to Monastery Avenue and Vivienne shocks Barry by challenging him about Rachel. He tells her she has nothing to fear.

Wayne gives Dolores €600 pretending that it's the first of the return from her investment. He tries and fails to get her to reinvest in the company. Decco persuades Denzo to trick Sash into acting illegally. He asks her to collect a bag from an 'ex-girlfriend' and she agrees to do so. He is chuffed that she will do it for him. Wayne has to admit to Damien that things did not go according to plan and he is broke. Charlotte convinces Rachel to tell her what happened with Barry but Rachel exaggerates to impress Charlotte.

Sash is furious when she discovers that the bag she collected for Denzo is stolen goods. She dumps the bag in the bin. She tells Decco and a devastated Denzo she wants nothing to do with them. Damien fails to convince Wayne to stand on his own two feet financially and he is too ashamed to ask Dolores for his money back.

Barry meets Sarah and tells her that Yvonne told Vivienne about him. She anxiously listens to him and fails to tell him the truth. Tommy surprises his daughters with his determination to resist their demands and he tells them they have to pull their weight in the house. In an attempt to get out of her Irish grinds, Charlotte creates fresh doubt in Vivienne's mind about Barry.

Thursday
          A guilty Sarah does her best to try and persuade Barry not to confront Yvonne about talking to Vivienne. Barry tells her she is one of the only people left that he can trust. A spoilt Dearbhla insists that she will not follow Tommy's new rota. Neasa and Caoimhe are shocked when she starts to cry about it. Yvonne meets Rachel, who tells her how bad she feels about getting Barry into trouble as he didn't do anything. Barry approaches Yvonne and tells her she needs to stop her vendetta against him. He begs her to stop and she guiltily tells him she will.

A determined Sash leaves Monastery Avenue after what happened with her and the boys. She tells Vivienne she will never trust her cousins again. Damien tells Wayne that he needs to face up to reality and he can't support himself on Silkrex alone. He tells him that if he can't pay the rent he needs to move out of the house. Denzo goes after Sash and tries to stop her from leaving. She tells him she will never be friends with him again. He meets Decco and an angry Denzo surprises him with his aggressive behaviour.

Yvonne meets Finn and he tells her that he is exhausted from working late at night and doing the books in the morning. Later, she suggests to him that he should hire Barry. Barry tries to give Charlotte grinds and Vivienne stays in the room with them. Barry challenges her and is hurt to realises she doesn't trust him. He quits the grinds. Wayne approaches Finn for a job and pretends that he has loads of experience. Neasa elaborates, saying he was a cocktail expert. When Finn sets him a challenge to make a cocktail he fails miserably. He tells him if he can catch a bottle behind his back by Sunday he's got the job.

A bruised Sash arrives back at Monastery Avenue. She explains that she was beaten up by squatters and they took her Mum's ring. Decco is amused but Denzo promises that he will get the ring for her. Vivienne persuades Sarah to take over Barry's grinds with Charlotte. Sarah goes to tell Barry but he interrupts and is delighted to tell her that he's been offered a job interview by Finn. Wayne tries his best to catch a bottle but realises that the challenge will be harder than he first thought.

Denzo's failure to return home worries his family. He eventually arrives back bleeding, with a black eye, but he has Sash's holdall. He triumphantly gives her back her ring. Dearbhla uses Zak to get out of her chores. She tells her if she starts cooking now it will be like that all the time. She offers Zak a fiver for him to make the dinner. But her plan backfires when Zak is badly burnt. Tommy tells her she is a selfish lazy girl and she is grounded indefinitely. Paul meets Finn in McCoys and praises Barry to him, but Barry overreacts when he hears his name mentioned. Paul tells him he is overreacting, but Barry announces they are not friends and tells Paul to keep away from him.

A sneak preview at the script for this week's episode.

Paul is taking his role as father to a teenage daughter incredibly seriously, not risking any chances regarding her welfare.

Being a protector of a teenage girl's morality is relentless. Paul has had to keep a beady eye on Zak Dillon. Then it was putting his foot down regarding Rachel's visits to the Bishop household. But now Rachel's crush on Philip is starting to push Paul to extreme parenting paranoia.

Who's next in the firing line of this furious father? Rachel's grinds teacher?

For any of you who can't wait for Thursday's episode, below is an exclusive sneak peek at the script. So, if you don't appreciate spoilers click away now.
          Barry
          You play the caring father so well but were you thinking of Rachel when you had a child with her aunt?
          Paul
          Shut up.
          Barry
          You can give it but you can't take it.
          Paul
          There's no comparison.
          Barry
          Exactly my point. You and Yvonne and little Ruth is a fact. But your innuendo about me is disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I'd love to see Wayne getting a job working behind the bar in McCoys or The Station, or even flipping burgers in the Hungry Pig. It'd be great to see his interaction with the customers.

Hope this works out. :)
          A sneak preview at the script for this week's episode.
          Barry
          You play the caring father so well but were you thinking of Rachel when you had a child with her aunt?
          Paul
          Shut up.

Barry
          You can give it but you can't take it.
          Paul
          There's no comparison.
          Barry
          Exactly my point. You and Yvonne and little Ruth is a fact. But your innuendo about me is disgusting.

Strong words!!! I'm looking forward to watching that unfold.

I love the way Charlotte is becoming real manipulative. I think she's playing it well.

I'm starting to warm to Denzo as well. I didn't really see too much point to his character but I'm enjoying him now.
          BTW. What is "Denzo" short for?
          Decco = Declan
          Zumo = Xavier
          Sash = Sasha
          Baz = Barry (I presume)

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

BTW. What is "Denzo" short for?

Dennis. I like the way their mother always refers to Declan and Dennis by their "proper" names.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Soap Opera Line of the Year

• Advertisement
        • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Dennis. I like the way their mother always refers to Declan and Dennis by their "proper" names.

Thanks. I should've copped on to that. :o

I grew up in a very working class estate. There were plenty of Decco's, Micko's, Johno's, Rayo's and Anto's. There were no Xavier's and I'm sure if there was they would have been picked on by the local hardshaws. Maybe that's what Viviene was thinking when she call him Xavier. It would toughen him up. A bit like the Johnny Cash song 'A boy named Sue'.

This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement