Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Maybe that's what Viviene was thinking when she call him Xavier. It would toughen him up. A bit like the Johnny Cash song 'A boy named Sue'.

Well, it was Carrigstown in mid-July
    I'd just strolled in and my throat was dry
    So I stopped in McCoys to try the cider's flavour.
    I'd just sat down to rest my ass
    When there at a table, flirting with Cass
    Was the dirty hoor who went and named me Xavier....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Well, it was Carrigstown in mid-July
    I'd just strolled in and my throat was dry
    So I stopped in McCoys to try the cider's flavour.
    I'd just sat down to rest my ass
    When there at a table, flirting with Cass
    Was the dirty hoor who went and named me Xavier....

LMAO!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Totally agree that Cass is hilarious at the moment.
    How is he related to Niamh again?
    Sash is really annoying me though.
    I have a soft spot for Zumo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Kazbah wrote: »
    Totally agree that Cass is hilarious at the moment.
    How is he related to Niamh again?
    Sash is really annoying me though.
    I have a soft spot for Zumo!

Cass is her grandfather :)

Thanks!
    Continuity cock up tonight. Where was Carol's new hairdo?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

max life wrote: »
    I like the character of Sash aswell. She sure is fiesty. I cant see her and Robert getting together. I know they say opposites attract but that couple " would take the biscuit ". Baz is awful though. He sounds so different towards the last time he was in Carrigstown.
    I would love to see Mick coming back. I always liked that character.
    I agree with Captain Negative and max life - I like Sash
    I think she's good
    Hope she stays around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 blondestbarbie

closeline wrote: »
    Ya would like to see Tracey back. Good actor and good looking. Also, Dolores for her age is hot. First scene was shocking last night. And the last scene was so funny, pure cringy. That Vivienne one I cant stand her.

Ah yeah i was a big fan of Tracey... anyone else notice how Carol started off common and is now posh?? FC fail!!

What happened to the burgers Bob was flipping in the Hungry Pig Last Night :confused::confused::confused:

Sasha brings the episodes to life for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Where's Bella and the mad one that knocked spots of her husband and where is he and his brother Mark,

Where's Deegan and his missus

Wheres Charlie and his Missus...

And not seen a lotto stand in 2 episodes now did they pull the plug on the advertising :)

Dublin Bus or Dublin Bus stop still in every episode though..

Where's Bella and the mad one that knocked spots of her husband and where is he and his brother Mark,

Where's Deegan and his missus

Wheres Charlie and his Missus...

And not seen a lotto stand in 2 episodes now did they pull the plug on the advertising :)

Dublin Bus or Dublin Bus stop still in every episode though..

Jennifer left the show a long time ago.

Charlie & Esther are still around, Esther was in it last week (havent seen this weeks yet)

Damien is back in it next week, not sure if Mark will stay around as he is living in mates at the moment. Bela was in it last week I think and Suzanne will feature as well soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Paul is hilarious :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone else wanna slap Charlotte?

Paul is being horrible to Niamh and very ott with Rachel imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone else wanna slap Charlotte?

Paul is being horrible to Niamh and very ott with Rachel imo

That new one is right. Charlotte is over using the luchemia thing to gain sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

Thanks!
    Continuity cock up tonight. Where was Carol's new hairdo?!

Ehhhh, she's pushed her fringe back. How is that a continuity cock-up? She probably just realised that it's prettier that way.

Jane Eyre wrote: »
    Ehhhh, she's pushed her fringe back. How is that a continuity cock-up? She probably just realised that it's prettier that way.

Around the wedding she had a thick fringe cut, last night her hair was all the one length as it was before.

Around the wedding she had a thick fringe cut, last night her hair was all the one length as it was before.

Right. So she grew her hair overnight? :confused:

Somebody should have stopped her!
    Nooooo, Aisling! You mustn't grow your hair tonight, you're filming tomorrow, remember?

No the scenes were filmed out of sequence I imagine.

No the scenes were filmed out of sequence I imagine.

Yes, OK. But how far out of sequence? The show goes out every week. They film it every week. I have no doubt they shoot scenes out of sequence within each week. But the time that elapsed between shooting her wedding and shooting the episode last night is exactly the same as the time that has elapsed in Carrigstown. So her fringe will have grown exactly as much in real life as it would in Carrigstown.

Sorry. I'll drop it now.

Cheers!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam Tyler

First time poster on this thread!!

I just wanted to say that i loved those scenes with Rose Henderson and Christy! It made me really lol!!
    Im showing my age but was'nt she on Pajos jukebox a long time back??

Also who else here wants to give Paul Brennan a good shake! Snap out of it man!!

Sam Tyler wrote: »
    First time poster on this thread!!

I just wanted to say that i loved those scenes with Rose Henderson and Christy! It made me really lol!!

Also who else here wants to give Paul Brennan a good shake! Snap out of it man!!

Welcome to the thread.. I have to catch up on episodes today! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I think so. She was also in Nighthawks and played the part of Sister Assumpta in Father Ted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    I think so. She was also in Nighthawks and played the part of Sister Assumpta in Father Ted.

She was also on Pajo's Junkbox :) and in Candid Camera she shredded some poor girls thesis.

She's being doing that voiceover for ICA bootcamp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

nlgbbbblth wrote: »

Thanks. I was wondering where I saw her before.

I thought Rachel was very good last night in that scene when Paul was quizzing her about Philip and the drawing.

Poor Sean. The last time we saw him he was being a pain the the ass playing the angry man with Paul for cheating on Niamh. Now he's taking on the same role being angry towards Carol for cheating on Christy. I'd like to see him doing something else. Maybe he should become mates with Mark. Or they should bring back Doug and let him and Sean start hanging out together. Aren't they all around the same age?

Does anybody know where the old Mark went? Why was he replaced?

I'm glad to see the Bishops are back to being thugs and thieves. I didn't like it when they were becoming all nicey nicey. :)

I'm warming to Sash over the last couple of episodes. Maybe her and Robert could work as a couple. They are both on the fringes of "mainstream" society in some respects, so maybe it could work. They might just find that in some ways they have a lot in common.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Does anybody know where the old Mark went? Why was he replaced?

I think he is trying out a music career so he just up and left Fair City. This is what I have heard.

Here is a source

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/2010/0407/newmark.html

A day in the life of the character Caoimhe:

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/behindthescenes/1439402.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Hope this works out. :)

BTW. What is "Denzo" short for?

I actually thought it was short for dense. You learn something new every day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think Fair City should get rid of Ciara O'Callaghan.. her character is completely unbelievable.. apparently now giving parental advice, and her after giving up her own child.... And as well as that she voices two ads in the break... You cant take her character serious in any respect.

And a Nun in Fr Ted. Did not recognise her. She has got very old.

I think Fair City should get rid of Ciara O'Callaghan.. her character is completely unbelievable.. apparently now giving parental advice, and her after giving up her own child.... And as well as that she voices two ads in the break... You cant take her character serious in any respect.

Its called CRAP script-writing. We have an awful lot of it in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Couldn't agree more. There is nowhere else her character can go. OK I admit the men might enjoy watching her on screen but she really annoys me. Watched her on 'The Restaurant' and she was like a grown up Billie Barry kid. Doing the BB smile to camera and pretending to be all coquettish (sp ?)

• Advertisement

I think there are plenty of things Yvonne could do.. I would like to see the nastier side come back, maybe she could combine with Suzanne..they could be a tag team :eek:

Still would love her to get with Bob... what a match... I would like them to introduce a new love interest for her, she has become too nice for me. I would like them to also bring back her son that she gave up.. might add a new edge to her..

Next week, she will be like a woman possessed :eek::eek:

I love Ciara and she is a brilliant actress (IMO) and she was badly missed when she went away for a bit..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement