Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Where has shebe gone? I remember Charlie losing her but didnt she come back? Just wondering as Cass brought her everywhere with him at one stage.

Paul is getting on my nerves i wont to punch the telly when he starts shouting about his little girl, she is 14 FFS. I say get her pregnant by some young lad and let them shack up together and let Paul have another heart attack and die!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

blondie7 wrote: »
    Where has shebe gone? I remember Charlie losing her but didnt she come back? Just wondering as Cass brought her everywhere with him at one stage.

Paul is getting on my nerves i wont to punch the telly when he starts shouting about his little girl, she is 14 FFS. I say get her pregnant by some young lad and let them shack up together and let Paul have another heart attack and die!

It is natural to want to protect Rachel, Helen is no longer around obviously so he wants to make sure no harm comes to her. My Dad was the exact same as Paul and it is a natural thing to want to do...

If I had a daughter, I would no doubt be the same :o:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

I think Fair City should get rid of Ciara O'Callaghan.. her character is completely unbelievable.. apparently now giving parental advice, and her after giving up her own child.... And as well as that she voices two ads in the break... You cant take her character serious in any respect.
    No way she would be badly missed...i wud love to see Bob and sarah get it off together..i can see it happening..she will get the job in england and come back to tell him and offer it as a payment for him helping her. I hate both actors who play Mark. Thank God the first fella is gone..he was really annoying. The new fella is just as bad. But in fairness to be called Cal in real life you more than likely will look like a complete dickhead. Getting to like Sash now. Herself and Robert will definetly get together. She was showing lots of cleavage aswell last night.

I really don't see what the point Jonathan made in regards to her having voiceover parts during the breaks in FC. She doesn't schedule when these ad's will happen, it is up to the company who's ad's are running to dictate when they will appear..

What is so wrong with her doing voiceovers.. she has the voice for it. It is actually called work and I would much rather have someone who clearly is focused on doing well and achieving something. so fair f&&ks to her in my opinion. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I've always enjoyed Yvonne. She plays the nasty bitch so well. I think they brought her back from Australia too soon. She's been too nice to everybody which is out of character for her. She needs a storyline that would involve her getting her claws into someone. Maybe she could start trying to win Louis back and really get stuck into Carol. Although it's looking like she has Barry in her sights for some Yvonne type nastiness.

I really started feeling sorry for Barry when Paul was suggesting that Barry's behavior with Rachel was inappropriate. Imo, they played that scene really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

blondie7 wrote: »

Yes! He's been gone from our screens and tbh, I haven't missed him! He annoys me! Not as much as caeeva or caova or whatever. The doctors daughter. The moody, mopey head on her the whole time.

pavcro10 wrote: »
    Yes! He's been gone from our screens and tbh, I haven't missed him! He annoys me! Not as much as caeeva or caova or whatever. The doctors daughter. The moody, mopey head on her the whole time.

Caoimhe :P

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

And a link especially for Angel01:

http://www.rte.ie/ten/hottestirishmale.html

And a link especially for Angel01:

http://www.rte.ie/ten/hottestirishmale.html

I have already voted ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

poor barry is always getting the bum deal! i feel real sorry for him. loved the script though for that scene with him and paul. strong words from barry!

i am liking sash! she really knew how to play things in the surgery! she made denzo feel like a right eejit as well for robbing the watch haha

i LOVED the scene in the manky "pub" with christy and your one (nun from fr ted, wow it's been years!!) i've been going around saying "ye SCUT!" ever since!! hahahahahaha LOVE IT! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Jaysus! Paul is becoming a total control freak!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I was waiting for Niamh to give Paul a slap....He was asking for it.
    Sash is not as bad as some people here think. There are worse actors in it than her.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Does anyone else think Barry did nothing wrong? I don't really see any of their conversation as inappropriate. Young people need adults to confide in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

max life wrote: »
    Sash is not as bad as some people here think. There are worse actors in it than her.

I think she's great - decent character and love the pairing of herself and Robert.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Kazbah wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Barry did nothing wrong? I don't really see any of their conversation as inappropriate. Young people need adults to confide in.

I dont think he did. All he did in my view was listen. It is important in today's world that young people have someone that they can talk to and will be listened and not pre-judged. Some parents like Paul think they know it all. Young people are not fools and it is not right to treat then like children the whole time. The days of children should be seen and not heard should be long gone. Maybe, just maybe if children were listened to in the past, we might not be in the kind of world that we are now.

The story line is one i would give some credit to the script writers for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

angel01 wrote: »
    It is natural to want to protect Rachel, Helen is no longer around obviously so he wants to make sure no harm comes to her. My Dad was the exact same as Paul and it is a natural thing to want to do...

If I had a daughter, I would no doubt be the same :o:eek:

Completely over the top - my father had 4 daughters and never spoke to any of us like that or treated us like pets who need to be locked up. Ridiculous

optogirl wrote: »
    Completely over the top - my father had 4 daughters and never spoke to any of us like that or treated us like pets who need to be locked up. Ridiculous

Mine did and I was thankful to have someone looking out for me and making sure no harm came to me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

angel01 wrote: »
    Mine did and I was thankful to have someone looking out for me and making sure no harm came to me. :)

My father did look out for me and made sure no harm came to me - he also credited me with intelligence to make my own choices.

optogirl wrote: »

I agree Paul's reaction is way over the top.

I like it as a story. I think Paul's raving is believable because of the history between himself and Barry. He still resents the relationship Barry had with Niamh, and I don't blame him. It started when Barry was a teacher and Niamh was his teenage student. That's hard to defend. Unfortunately, it's making things hard for Rachel now.

I also think Paul is suffering a bit from his own past. I can well believe that people who chased women the way Paul did might be extra protective of their daughters. He thinks all men are like him.

000471c3-545.jpg

DINNER CLUB

The Dinner Club continues with the Carrigstown gals. Last Saturday night, was Greek Night complete with lots of ouzo and plate smashing (sorry Yvonne!) Orla provided another burnt offering in the form of blackened Moussaka! Yvonne on the other hand saved the day with a winning Baklava. See how she did it below:

Baklava

Here's how she did it:
    - 300g of nuts (100g of shelled, unsalted pistachios, 100g of blanched almonds, 100g of roasted hazelnuts.)
    - 1 heaped tsp. of ground cinnamon powder
    - 500g of filo pastry - they usually come in packs of 270g.
    - 150g of butter melted
    Syrup
    - 300ml of water
    - 350g of castor sugar
    - 125ml of runny honey
    - 1 stick of cinnamon or heaped teaspoon of ground
    - Zest of one orange
    - 1 tsp. of cloves

Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Chop the nuts roughly. You can either put them in the food processor on pulse mode. Or you can roughly chop them with a knife. Mix in the cinnamon with the chopped nuts and leave aside.

Take out your pastry sheets and cut them in half. They should now each be about 24 x 22cm. Make sure that you have a baking tin that pastry fits into (size.....). Line the baking tin with greaseproof pastry. Begin by placing one sheet of pastry on the baking tray. With a pastry brush, lightly brush the sheet with melted butter. Add another sheet of pastry on top. Again brush this layer with melted butter. Repeat. Once you have complete six layers this way, add one third of your nut mixture on top. Make sure it is evenly spread on the pastry. Then continue by adding another six layers of butter of pastry on top of that. Add another third of the nuts. Then add another six layers of butter and pasty. Add the final third of nuts and a final six layers of pastry. It's a wee bit time consuming, but it's worth it. Once you have finished this, cut the pastry into small squares or diamonds. Make sure you cut all the way through to the bottom. Then, place in the oven for 40-45 minutes until golden brown. Reduce to 170 degrees Celsius if it looks like it might be burning.

Meanwhile, make the syrup, by heating the water, sugar, honey, spices and orange in a saucepan. Simmer all the ingredients for 15 minutes, allowing the liquid to reduce until it's thick and syrupy.

Once the baklava has cooled for about ten minutes, pour the syrup over the whole pastry, letting it seep through all the cracks. Once cooled, serve with a palate knife.

• Advertisement

00047125-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 061

Tuesday 12th April

Yvonne sees Barry and Rachel together, further fuelling her growing speculations.

Denzo is offended when his family question his criminal acumen.

Wayne has a new PA.in Damien!

The Dillons are obliged to help around the house, with Judith away and now that Tommy will be out working.

Wayne has an expensive present for Damien.

Denzo finally loses his temper with his family.

Things get out of hand in the Brennan household, and Yvonne calls war on Barry.

Written by Nick Wilkinson

00047126-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 062

Wednesday 13th April

Tommy asks for help around the house from his family.

Barry pleads with Yvonne to stop spreading rumours about him.

Sash stands up for Denzo, suggesting he should pursue an honest job, as Decco's tough image fails to impress her.

Vivienne starts to worry for Charlotte, after hearing rumours about Barry from Sarah.

Things don't go according to plan for Wayne with Silkrex.

Caoimhe and Dearbhla finally get on Tommy's nerves.

After speaking to Rachel, Charlotte sees her opportunity to end her grinds.

Written by Senta Rich

00047127-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 063

Thursday 14th April

Tommy asserts his authority at home.
        An angry Barry stands up to Yvonne, who starts to show remorse.
        Damien suggests to Wayne that a job in The Station could help him through.
        Barry gets some good news, for a change.
        Wayne causes a mess in The Station!
        Denzo goes on a mission, for Sash's benefit.
        Wayne causes a mess in Halpin's!
        And Barry cuts his ties with Paul.
        Written by Rachel Kilfeather

00047128-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 064

Sunday 17th April

Damien is suspicious of Wayne's good deeds.
          Barry is shocked to see Sarah giving Charlotte grinds.
          Neasa chairs a Dillon family meeting, that doesn't end well.
          Finn and Barry strike a deal.
          Tommy talks to a guilty Caoimhe and Dearbhla, and there's an instant change in mood.
          Denzo is pushed to the limits.
          Barry's first day at The Station gets off to a thumping start.
          Judith arrives back to the perfect household.
          Wayne saves the day at The Station.and surprises Dolores!

Written by Rachel Kilfeather
          Studio Director Shirley Dalton
          Location Director Jonathan Wright Miller

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I agree Paul's reaction is way over the top.

I like it as a story. I think Paul's raving is believable because of the history between himself and Barry. He still resents the relationship Barry had with Niamh, and I don't blame him. It started when Barry was a teacher and Niamh was his teenage student. That's hard to defend. Unfortunately, it's making things hard for Rachel now.

I also think Paul is suffering a bit from his own past. I can well believe that people who chased women the way Paul did might be extra protective of their daughters. He thinks all men are like him.

The main difference between Barry and Niamh and Barry and Rachel is that Niamh was a lot older when they got involved. Wasnt she doing her Leaving cert at the time. Whats Rachel in, First Year. Also Paul knew what happened between Niamh and Barry. If he had any concerns that anything similar could or would happen why would he allow rachel to go to his house in the first place. If he wanted her to have grinds with barry and had worries, why did he not have them take place at their house where either Paul himself or Niamh would be around the place while the grinds were taking place.

Deise Tom wrote: »
          The main difference between Barry and Niamh and Barry and Rachel is that Niamh was a lot older when they got involved. Wasnt she doing her Leaving cert at the time. Whats Rachel in, First Year. Also Paul knew what happened between Niamh and Barry. If he had any concerns that anything similar could or would happen why would he allow rachel to go to his house in the first place. If he wanted her to have grinds with barry and had worries, why did he not have them take place at their house where either Paul himself or Niamh would be around the place while the grinds were taking place.

Good points. I think the thing about Barry and Rachel having a "secret" probably set his alarm bells ringing.

Some pics of some of the Fair City cast at the people of the year awards :)

http://www.whatshewears.ie/people-of-the-year-awards-2011/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭CoolGirl101

I am so shocked at the latest in Fair City, so unfair to Barry, he was only trying to help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭lorsric

I think they need to start giving Barry a more upbeat storyline, why do they make him bear the brunt of all the various issues and tragedies?
          Drinking, loosing all of his jobs, loosing the love of his life, being seen as a preditor - honeslty wish they would bring someone decent into the show for him - not to have an affair (imagine they would use Judith), not to have a faux-mance (like with Viv), but someone who would reestablish him as a decent bloke.
          Either that, or how about him getting a decent job, something, anything, to enable his character to not be as unhappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

definitely agree with barry. like i said the other day - he's always getting the bum deal!
          i do like the script writing for his scenes with paul though - the choice of wording is excellent!
          but yea, c'mon give barry a break!
          i too thought barry was with vivienne... but it seems they are just mates?
          or..............friends.................with benefits? LOL! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

Is it just me or is this Paul/Rachel/Barry storyline a bit ridiculous! It could be resolved so easily it is frustrating more than anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Is it just me or is this Paul/Rachel/Barry storyline a bit ridiculous! It could be resolved so easily it is frustrating more than anything else!
          It's ridiculous alright, I find it very annoying to watch. NOBODY could be as thick as Paul. Talk about blowing things out of all proportion

• Advertisement
        • Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yvonne really must think she is a model citzien hello ex druggie who gave away her kids :rolleyes: I agree Barry deserves some good luck in storylines maybe Niamh will leave Paul for him :p

This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement