Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Is it just me or is this Paul/Rachel/Barry storyline a bit ridiculous! It could be resolved so easily it is frustrating more than anything else!
    Yeah, it certainly seems ridiculous but then again there are parents who think their sprogs are "the most important children in the world" so Paul thinks it's ok if he physically assaults people at random on the street and throws around paedophile allegations willy nilly all because Rachel is "MY DAW-TER".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭lorsric

This storyline with Barry , Paul , Niamh and Rachel actually makes sense, as there is history and friendships and it is a subject matter that pops up in the media.

The storyline I found very hard to take was Neasa and Turlough - it seemed they met, were in love and he was dead in the space of a month and a half, and she was mourning him as though she knew him 20 years. Charlie didn't grieve as long when Mags died (and he had genuine reason to )

I think the timeframe was too rushed, and made me find Neasa's character pathetic, and not sympathetic, which I imagine was the shows' aim.

Storylines need to have real life timeframes and there needs to be deeper character development or understanding of the roles they play in the soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Didnt Barry help Vivienne and Charlotte when they first arrived wow she is really grateful :rolleyes:
    The Bishop boys beat up Barry next week

I am loving Wayne at the moment, need more scenes of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I have to watch last night's episode today, don't know WHAT I was at last night, I had it on, but I don't remember any of it.

Charlotte is driving me INSANE. I cannot stand her character. I'm sure whoever plays her is lovely, and she's doing a good job because I just want to smack her across the head and tell her to cop on!! As for Vivienne - I just think that actress is hopeless. Where did Eileen go? Did she die/go to a home/go to hospital/in another room?

Really like Sash, when she came into it first I thought "oh no, another Bishop" but she's turning into a brilliant character and I hope they keep her round.

Paul=nutcase. But I suppose he knows what happened between Niamh & Barry and is afraid that the same will happen with Rachel. But that Sports Bag convo was ridiculous -
    Rachel: "I left my bag at your house, I need it, can I get it?"
    Barry: "We shouldn't be having this conversation"
    Rachel: "But I need it!"
    Barry: "This is wrong, we shouldn't be talking"
    Rachel: "But I need it today!"
    Yvonne: "Groomer!!!"
    (that was the general gist of it anyway)... seriously....

• Advertisement

I have to watch last night's episode today, don't know WHAT I was at last night, I had it on, but I don't remember any of it.

Charlotte is driving me INSANE. I cannot stand her character. I'm sure whoever plays her is lovely, and she's doing a good job because I just want to smack her across the head and tell her to cop on!! As for Vivienne - I just think that actress is hopeless. Where did Eileen go? Did she die/go to a home/go to hospital/in another room?

Really like Sash, when she came into it first I thought "oh no, another Bishop" but she's turning into a brilliant character and I hope they keep her round.

Paul=nutcase. But I suppose he knows what happened between Niamh & Barry and is afraid that the same will happen with Rachel. But that Sports Bag convo was ridiculous -
    Rachel: "I left my bag at your house, I need it, can I get it?"
    Barry: "We shouldn't be having this conversation"
    Rachel: "But I need it!"
    Barry: "This is wrong, we shouldn't be talking"
    Rachel: "But I need it today!"
    Yvonne: "Groomer!!!"
    (that was the general gist of it anyway)... seriously....

Eileen is gone on holiday to Blackpool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Charlotte is driving me INSANE. I cannot stand her character. I'm sure whoever plays her is lovely, and she's doing a good job because I just want to smack her across the head and tell her to cop on!!
    Yeah i agree. She is a spoilt selfish brat. She is one of my most hated characters....along with Yvonne and Carol. :mad:

Sarah leaves next week

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sarah leaves next week

:)

Pity, good character.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Pity, good character.

I never liked her myself

• Advertisement

Nice lady when I met her but terrible character and not a great actress so I won't really miss her..

I never liked her myself
    Yeah i never liked her either. In her defence though, i dont think she was ever given any big storyline in all her years in FC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I really like her.....dont think the character is very likeable which in my mind makes her pretty strong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I never liked her myself

I think she is underused and gets lots of crap storylines.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I think she is underused and gets lots of crap storylines.

I am trying to think of good storylines for her, apart from the Ian storyline, has she had anything else really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭CoolGirl101

ha ha all Paul ever says is 'ah here...I'm off to work!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ha ha all Paul ever says is 'ah here...I'm off to work!'

And "Ah fer gawd's sake"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Are the Dillon brats that helpless? that Zak twerp whinging he is starving!! has he heard of toast? it not that complicated to make, he seemed to manage ok making the tuna bake until he dropped it, did he even use oven gloves?
    Neasa or Caomhie should have helped Dearbhla out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Zak should have used oven gloves when taking out the baked tuna

Wayne as the cocktail man should be good :p

• Advertisement

Wayne as the cocktail man should be good :p

Is Wayne starting to lose it? He seemed to be when Damo walked into the kitchen and bottles thrown everywhere, funny scene though:D

branie wrote: »
    Zak should have used oven gloves when taking out the baked tuna

What a clown he is!!

Does Barry kill someone or attack them next week, seen an ad for FC next week, anyone know more please?

I hope not, it'd be really out of character.

xalot wrote: »
    I hope not, it'd be really out of character.

Someone writes pedo on his door and the Bishops beat him up

Someone writes pedo on his door and the Bishops beat him up

Ah fair enough, it's still a bit extreme if he kills someone though!

Wednesday 20th of April 2011

Carol and Louie talk about Christy and his anger towards her. She tells him that they have to let him get his frustration out of his system, but they have each other, which is the most important thing. Detective Deegan calls to the Bishop's and Eileen lies to him about hearing that another child accused Barry of inappropriate . Though Deegan is slow to believe this he takes a statement from her.
    Tommy, Jo and Sean are in the Helping Hand and Tommy offers to make wooden boxes for Jo to display the plants. Later, Carol insists to a doubting Jo that she is going to work hard at the tidy towns competition. Vivienne and Paul meet in the Hungry Pig and Vivienne tells Paul how hard it will be to restore Barry's good name. Sarah tells Vivienne that it's up to them to change people's minds. Christy tells Ray that he doubts he'll ever truly recover. Charlotte tells Rachel that though she feels guilty about what happened to Barry she does not want to resume grinds.
    Decco taunts Barry in the Station Bar. Finn intervenes but Detective Deegan then arrives and asks Barry if he can talk to him in private. A demoralised Barry and Deegan leave the pub with everyone looking at them. They go to Barry's house and he is warned that he should avoid situations that could be misinterpreted. Barry receives a text from Rachel saying sorry and Deegan tells him to stop being naive and to stay away from students.
    Sean is worried when he can't stay the evening with Christy and he asks Leo to drop in on him later on. Charlotte is interviewed by the guards about her grinds with Barry. Vivienne confronts Eileen about lying to Deegan about Barry. Denzo botches up another errand for his Gran but promises to sort it out for her. Carol does her best to prove everyone wrong and tidies up the front of McCoys - but they soon that it is for show when Louie starts to take photos. Rachel is devastated when Barry meets her and angrily blames her for the against him.
    Finn is delighted to hear that he will have a bachelor pad to himself when Sarah entrusts the house to him while she is away in London. When Leo leaves Phelans, Christy opens another bottle of wine. Sean worries about his drinking. Eileen orders Denzo to launder the money he has. Zumo and Decco talk to Charlotte. She tells them that Barry creeps her out but he never touched her. They tell her that they will protect her from harm.

Thursday 21st of April 2011

Barry is relieved to hear that Deegan believes there is no case against him, but Sarah worries when she spots Barry talking to Deegan. Decco and Zumo decide that they are going after Barry to teach him a lesson. They won't let Denzo get involved and this depresses him. Sean reluctantly agrees to man the shop for Christy while he pours himself some wine. But he conceals from Christy that he might be moving out to live with Finn.
    Zumo and Decco break into Barry's. They ransack his home looking for anything incriminating. They decide to wait for Barry to come home. Tommy confides in Jo his concerns about Zak becoming a city slicker. Denzo calls to The Hungry Pig and asks Bob to launder money for him. Bob refuses. Finn and Bob a surprise party in the Station for Sarah to say farewell.
    Barry arrives home and is terrorised by Zumo and Decco. They threaten him and demand that he tell them the truth and admit that he molested children. He swears that he is innocent. They tie him to a chair and beat him up. They then leave the house with Barry still tied up. Sarah introduces a less than impressed Finn to her new tenant Sean.
    The tension between Carol and Jo escalates when Carol tells Jo to stick at what she is good at. Jo persuades Tommy to get more plant holders for the competition. A shocked Paul discovers from Jo that Deegan has questioned more students. He feels guilty and decides to call to Barry's. Christy meets Sean and his friends. He embarrasses Sean with his drunken but wins over his friend by buying them drink. He invites them back to his house and persuades them that they can stay and drink all they like.
    Sarah is moved by the lovely reception for her at the Station and thanks everyone for wishing her well but adds that she will be back. Decco and Zumo refuse to tell Denzo where they have been and Vivienne has to break up a fight, telling them to leave their brother alone. Paul, who is consumed with guilt, calls to Barry's house and is shocked to find a terrified Barry dazed and badly bruised.

xalot wrote: »
    Ah fair enough, it's still a bit extreme if he kills someone though!

The ad says someone will pay with their life dont know who unless Barry kills himself perhaps

Wayne was great last night. Really funny trying to catch the bottle. Comedy really suits his character.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

I'd say one of the Bishops will kill Barry when they think he's been interfering with Charlotte. Zumo probably?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement