Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I doubt that Barry will be killed off. I think its more likely to be Decco. I think the worst actor of the Bishops. He is supposed to be playing a tough character but he is not very realistic. Thats probably because he looks so small and wimpy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

errr.... wasn't Barry watching a white bag with what seemed to be a body being put in a vehicle at the end of the ad?

Decco is fine, Denzo is a joke. Lots of tough guys are small, you ever been in the real world?

Decco is fine, Denzo is a joke. Lots of tough guys are small, you ever been in the real world?
    I just dont think Decco is believable as a thug. He is not convincing as a criminal.
    Denzo is poor aswell. Probably 2 of the worst actors in the cast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I think Decco is quite believable and I really like him, lately Denzo has been stepping up to the plate and making him more than just a dope hanging around..

I am a huge fan of the Bishops (admittedly..) :D
    not impressed Sarah is coming back...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

max life wrote: »
    I doubt that Barry will be killed off. I think its more likely to be Decco. I think the worst actor of the Bishops. He is supposed to be playing a tough character but he is not very realistic. Thats probably because he looks so small and wimpy.
    The Barry/Paul/Rachael storyline is very drawn out and O.T.T. I have a feeling it will be one of the Bishops who will die, possibly the younger, more naieve one, Denzo is it?

• Advertisement

rogercar wrote: »
    The Barry/Paul/Rachael storyline is very drawn out and O.T.T. I have a feeling it will be one of the Bishops who will die, possibly the younger, more naieve one, Denzo is it?
    Yeah thats Denzo. Hopefully it will be him or Decco who gets killed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

The Dillon sisters were on the saturday night show. They are all the same age. The actress who plays Caoimhe seems similar to her character the girl who plays Neasa is very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Anyone watch the Dillon wimmin on Brendan O'Connor tonight ? They are all the same age, hard to believe that the young wan (Dearbhla ?) is the same age as Neasa. All three of them scrubbed up well. The one who plays Dearbhla is going out with Robert in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Very enjoyable interview. Neasa seems very down to earth. Caoimhe seemed "prickly" as BOC said. Derbhla was also very nice. Cant believe shes going out with robert!!! OMG!! Its so strange to see him smiling! When the camera was on him. Also, Finn was there too, sitting next to Robert when they put the camera on him.

For anyone who missed the interview:

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1096488

• Advertisement

I have caught up with this weeks (at last), a few points that I want to make:

Barry was very good to Vivienne when she first arrived so right now she believes Charlotte and idle gossip and treats Barry like rubbish, some friend she is...:(

It is good to see the nasty Yvonne back, she plays it very well, wonder if something will happen with Finn, they looked a nice match...

I am seriously fed up of the Dillons, all that Dearbhla does is moan, they all live together like the bloody family from the house on the prairie, surely Neasa or Caoimhe would have moved out by now... :confused: They all have their chores to do, I just can't see it, when me and my brother & sister lived at home, there was none of this, I must cook business... It seems to be an insult if they are not home for their flaming dinner :rolleyes:

I think the scenes with Wayne & Damien were great, I love their partnership and the scenes with Wayne and Dolores are brilliant :D maybe Wayne and Neasa could be a new pairing?

I have warmed to Sash and hope Decco survives, I think Denzo is doomed..

I feel sorry for Barry :(:( I also thought Niamh has played her scenes very well this last week..

The 3 Dillon sisters looked great last night. Even the youngest one looked great. She looks so different when she is not wearing a dowdy school uniform. Is Robert really going out with her in real life? Finn was sitting beside him and i thought his name was Sam aswell????

max life wrote: »
    The 3 Dillon sisters looked great last night. Even the youngest one looked great. She looks so different when she is not wearing a dowdy school uniform. Is Robert really going out with her in real life? Finn was sitting beside him and i thought his name was Sam aswell????

He is called Sam O'Mahony

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

So is Finn going out with Neasa in real life then?? Is that why he was there? Or is she with someone else??

pavcro10 wrote: »
    So is Finn going out with Neasa in real life then?? Is that why he was there? Or is she with someone else??
    No she is going out with some other fella. It its the guy the camera cut to when she was talking about him, he is punching way above his weight !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

AH got home too late, who dies ?????

Wayne was very impressive with the bottles. I wonder how many takes it took!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

calex71 wrote: »
    AH got home too late, who dies ?????

No one tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

Is it just me ...but does anyone else find Yvonne..... SEXY!!!

That new hairdo really makes here sultry!!!

She has shot to the top of list for the best looking on FS. The Dillons have nothing on her!!!

Masala wrote: »
    She has shot to the top of list for the best looking on FS. The Dillons have nothing on her!!!
    Take that back !!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Jane Eyre wrote: »
    I'd say one of the Bishops will kill Barry when they think he's been interfering with Charlotte. Zumo probably?

I was expecting Barry to get the mother of all hammerings. One punch, come on, The bishops should be heavy weight boxers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Masala wrote: »
    Is it just me ...but does anyone else find Yvonne..... SEXY!!!

That new hairdo really makes here sultry!!!

Is it wrong that I find Sash outrageously sexy? >_> It's not like I can control who I like. Otherwise I think Caoimhe is the hottest.

Is it also wrong that I find the Dillon sisters outrageously sexy even more when they are acting like they're all stupid and ridiculous airheads... >_> Sometimes they make me laugh they're so dumb, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Is it wrong that I find Sash outrageously sexy? >_> It's not like I can control who I like. Otherwise I think Caoimhe is the hottest.

Sash looks like she's carrying Zumo's baby... Caoimhe has some body on her, and I'd love her to come around and give me a teeth brushing lesson..

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Biscuits Brown

OK kinda Off Topic, but I'd appreciate if any of you could help me with this...

Remember Una Kavanagh, who played Heather in FC? Well it is widely reported that she played the part of Jill Valentine in the original Resident Evil game (which has a huge cult following).
    It is even on Wikipedia and in Una's IMDb profile.

However, some people dispute that it was her, and I read that she denied it herself (not verified though). However, the acting in the game was terrible, so I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to distance herself from it.

The game was from around 1995, a long time ago, she would have been a lot younger.

As I said, the game has a huge following and inquiring minds want to know who played the role of this beautiful and elusive actress!

So I would really appreciate if you could check this video:

and give your opinion on whether you think that is our Heather from FC.

Personally, I want it to be her, but I don't think it is, I see a resemblance, but that's all.
    Thanks again!:) Help me solve this once and for all!

Biscuits, I hate to say it, I don't see any resemblance at all, I don't think it is Una.

Feel free to contact her here to ask her:

http://www.unakavanagh.ie/contact.html

She does respond through her website :)

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

I agree with Angel. It's absolutely not her. There is the occasional moment of resemblance, but it's not particularly strong.

If you look at the individual features of the actresses, they are clearly two different people. The woman in the game has a cleft in her chin, for example. Her upper lip is longer. And so on.

Also, Una Kavanagh denies it. That would be a weird thing for an actress to do, however poor the role or the performance.

I rest my case, M'Lud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

nah wouldn't say it's her. The first image is the only one that resembles her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Who dies??

A sneak preview at the script for next week's episode.

Paul may have backed down from his wild accusations, and Yvonne shown remorse for her vilification of Barry, but word has got out!
    And now, suspicious eyes are on Barry. As the gossip starts to ripple through the community, what will the aftershocks be for Barry? Is this the end of his grinds career? Or could it even lead to criminal allegations?
    For any of you who can't wait for next Tuesday's episode, below is an exclusive sneak peek at the script. So, if you don't appreciate spoilers click away now.
    Denzo
    Don't talk to me like that. This isn't school, where you got to do what you liked.
    Barry
    HORRIFIED
    Don't you dare. I never touched anyone.
    Denzo
    SEIZES THE CHANCE
    You mean, you don't remember molesting me?
    Barry
    INCREDULOUS
    What? You're saying I molest boys too?
    Denzo
    Sure. Why not? You're a pervert, aren't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Biscuits, I agree with xalot. The first image looks like Una but thats about all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement