Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Dubliner Stephanie Kelly was introduced to viewers last month as Carringstown's new brassy blonde, Sash Bishop.

Her arrival raised a few eyebrows in town as she was the first character on the RTE soap to catch on to this much maligned trend. Despite her unusual sense of style, Sash soon managed to dispel misconceptions about young women who wear pyjamas during the day, and now Stephanie hopes to see her character adopt more feminine attire.

"I'm just a girly girl really, I go out in heels, so it would be nice to see Sash wear something different eventually," the actress (23) told the Herald.

"But really I just want her to achieve what she wants to achieve, get a job, get on better with her mother. "She's really fun and headstrong, she's got a good head on her shoulders."

Of her own style, the Ballymun native said: "I wear a bit of everything, I love hats, scarves. My style is a bit hippie-ish but I would never wear my pyjamas out on the street."

Stephanie said she felt particularly welcomed when she joined the cast of Fair City because she already knew the actors who play her three onscreen cousins, the Bishop brothers.

"We did a lot of plays together in Ballymun based on real life issues," she explained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I didn't like Sash at first but I've really warmed to her now. Hope she'll be around for a while.
    Poor Barry. You can see how this could happen in real life. "No smoke without fire" type of thing. Paul should be hanging his head in shame for starting this. Especially since him and Barry were supposed to be friends.
    I'm still finding it hard to take to the Dillons. The three girls irritate me but maybe they're supposed to come across like that. I think Tommy overacts a lot of his scenes IMHO.
    I'm delighted Wayne got the job in The Station. I hope he starts trying to pawn off his hair products on the customers. I loved that scene last night when Wayne made Damien a sandwich "to say sorry". They are becoming like a married couple.
    We haven't seen too much of Leo lately. I don't like his acting but I kinda feel FC isn't the same without him. Maybe he could start hanging out with Christy and Ray when they get back from the honeymoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

angel01 wrote: »
    A sneak preview at the script for next week's episode.

Paul may have backed down from his wild accusations, and Yvonne shown remorse for her vilification of Barry, but word has got out!
    And now, suspicious eyes are on Barry. As the gossip starts to ripple through the community, what will the aftershocks be for Barry? Is this the end of his grinds career? Or could it even lead to criminal allegations?
    For any of you who can't wait for next Tuesday's episode, below is an exclusive sneak peek at the script. So, if you don't appreciate spoilers click away now.
    Denzo

Don't talk to me like that. This isn't school, where you got to do what you liked.

Barry

HORRIFIED

Don't you dare. I never touched anyone.

Denzo

SEIZES THE CHANCE

You mean, you don't remember molesting me?

Barry

INCREDULOUS

What? You're saying I molest boys too?

Denzo

Sure. Why not? You're a pervert, aren't you?

Maybe Denzo was molested when he was younger and this is triggering his memories of it plus sounds like he could be the one that dies :(

Sunday 24th April
    Jo winds Carol up over Christy.
    Adam and his friends enjoy Phelan's hospitality.
    Louie tells Carol that she needs to move on and leave Christy alone.
    Barry goes home to clean up.
    Bob sees Sarah off to London.
    Barry is pushed over the edge.
    Carol makes a production of the 'Tidy Towns' competition, furthering riling Jo.
    And Denzo sees too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Temaz wrote: »
    Who dies??

Everybody dies.

[/exit hard-boiled mode]

Actually, the consensus here seems to be that it's one of the Bishops. I agree with Liz - things aren't looking good for Denzo. It's a pity, if so, because I think he gets better and better as a character.

I like the Barry story a lot, but I think I missed something. Why did Yvonne start accusing him? It seemed to come out of nowhere. Paul had already changed his mind, and Rachel insisted that nothing happened. Then Yvonne goes off on one. Huh? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

There's a pic of Paul, Niamh and Sarah on front of TV now with a heading like "Which one of thse does Barry kill?"

Wish they'd just drop it, story line is bad enough without a murder story to follow and go on forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

One particular storyline I remember was the time Stephen McCoy was at boarding school as his mother, Noeleen, wanted to see more of Gary Maguire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

My money is on Denzo to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

STIG83 wrote: »
    My money is on Denzo to die.

Nope not going to happen anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I would love to see Sash move in with Sarah - Sash might get Sarah's wild side out.

I also hope Sarah ends up with Bob - or it might be a friends with benefit situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

So.....who gets whacked? Anyone know for sure?

• Advertisement

A short item on soaps from Morning Ireland, with an interview with the Fair City Executive Producer. Not much about Fair City, and sadly nothing about future storylines, but we do get another chance to hear Suzanne shrieking like a maniac.

http://www.rte.ie/news/av/2011/0418/media-2944127.html#

There's a pic of Paul, Niamh and Sarah on front of TV now with a heading like "Which one of thse does Barry kill?"

Wish they'd just drop it, story line is bad enough without a murder story to follow and go on forever.

Hopefully all 3 of them die

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

This whole talk of someone dying seems to have come out of nowhere... What's going on? When is this supposed to happen? Wouldn't like it to be Paul, Niamh or Sarah - all 3 are great actors and I enjoy their storylines...
    Hopefully it's Vivienne...

So it seems that Laura Halpin is returning next week - anyone heard anything about that?

This whole talk of someone dying seems to have come out of nowhere... What's going on? When is this supposed to happen? Wouldn't like it to be Paul, Niamh or Sarah - all 3 are great actors and I enjoy their storylines...
    Hopefully it's Vivienne...

So it seems that Laura Halpin is returning next week - anyone heard anything about that?

The ad for FC for this week says "someone will pay with their lives"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

ah right... I don't watch ads, so that explains that...

I thought it said "Someone will pay with Burl Ives."

"Alright, Barry, I'm sorry I slandered you. Take this copy of the Foggy Dew and we'll call it quits."

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

ah right... I don't watch ads, so that explains that...
    I've just rewatched {is that a proper word?} the promo for Fair City on the RTE player and now I really think that one of the Bishops' will die. Paul and Barry have always been friends, Paul will come to his sences and realise what he has started. They will make-up. However the Bishops' will persist in their campaign against Barry, who snaps. One of the Bishops' end up dead and Paul will help Barry "dispose" of the body.

It is not who you think....
    Laura Halpin
    is back!!!!!

Sunday
    Carol and Jo keep up their argument about Tidy Towns. Carol denies that she is too embarrassed to ask Christy to sponsor a window box. She regrets when she agrees to ask her. Barry, who stayed with Paul and Niamh the night before, fights with them and accuses them of causing his downfall. Carol calls to Christy and he snubs her when she tries to give him her Tidy Towns speech. She asks if they can be civil but he refuses.

Sarah bumps into Barry and he tells her that John Deegan is now interviewing all of his grind students. She feels guiltier than ever. In Phelans, the boys helps themselves to Christy's food. Sean fails to rouse Christy's concerns about their behaviour in the place. He tells Christy he is moving out. He tries and fails to get the boys to leave Christy's house.

Denzo, trying to show Decco and Zumo that he is worthy of their time, persuades them to let him retrieve Decco's hoodie from Barry's. Louie tells Carol that she needs to move on and leave Christy alone. Sean wins Finn's respect with his handling of Sarah when he asks for a rent book and a copy of the rental agreement. Jo shares a moment with Tommy when she tells him that he has inspired her to find a new challenge. Carol launches the Tidy Towns competition, thanking Louie and omitting Jo and Tommy from her speech.

Ray and Leo call to Phelans and evict Adam and his friends from the house, but Christy dismisses Ray and Leo as they ask where they were all week when he needed them. He kicks them out. Carol finally agrees to let Christy be and says that it's just her and Louie now.

Denzo breaks into Barry's house and looks for the hoodie. Denzo hears Barry and a friend come back to the house. They argue over the person's involvement in the vicious rumours about Barry and Barry accidentally kills this person. Denzo runs out and tries to help a frightened Barry and make him realise that his friend is dead. Barry feels he can't call the guards as they won't believe his story. Denzo agrees to help Barry get rid of the body.

Tuesday
    Bela calls to the nursing home and is unsettled by Grace when she jokes that they belong in the nursing home as well. Deegan tells a tormented Barry that he is in the clear and urges Finn to look after him. Laura Halpin arrives in Carrigstown and surprises Damien when she arrives unannounced. Her presence unsettles Damien as they have had no contact with one another and he feels she should have been in touch. An unfazed Laura tells him it takes two to communicate. Wayne tries to chat Laura up.

Bela wakes with a start in his house and gives out to Cass for not waking him up. Cass tells him he is tired and shouldn't work but Bela insists he is old enough. However, Suzanne and Yvonne are not supportive and annoyed at him for his lateness. Zak tells Dearbhla that he is trying out for rugby but begs her not to tell their dad. A delighted Tommy tells everyone that his son is trying out for hurling.

Laura and Damien go for lunch and try to reconnect. Damien skirts over what happened to him and Suzanne, and Laura reveals that she is a lesbian and has just broken up with her long-time girlfriend. She tells Damien that she is moving back to Carrigstown and will be working as a fitness instructor in a new gym. Cass confides in Yvonne that Bela is worn out. Yvonne and Suzanne decide that they should tell him he is getting in the way.

Deegan meets Damien and urges him to support Barry. He is surprised when he learns from Finn that Denzo was at Barry's. He calls to the house and notes Barry's distress when he questions him about this. Damien realises that Mark knows Laura better than he does. Dearbhla and Zak sneak off to the rugby game that Finn agrees to bring them to. Grace and Bela meet again in the nursing home and find comfort in one another

Wednesday
    Eileen pressures Denzo to get her money back. Bela is insulted when Yvonne insists that he could claim disability allowance. Wayne suggests to Laura that there is more going on in Damien's life and maybe she should ask what really happened to his marriage. He leaves her concerned that Damien was beating Suzanne.

Tommy tells Zak not to make any plans as he has a surprise for him, and Derabhla hints that she has a surprise for her dad too. Finn meets Tommy in the Station Bar and realises that he has no idea of his rugby training with Zak. Laura asks Damien what happened with Suzanne and she is stunned when she learns the truth. He tells her that he can hardly admit to himself that it happened. She runs over to Vinos and viciously attacks Suzanne for what she did. She tells her that she's changed Damien for good and that Suzanne is sick in the head.

In the Station, Barry drops an envelope of stolen money which Finn retrieves. He tells Barry he didn't realise that they had so much cash and takes €600, saying they are low in cash and to bank the rest. In the nursing home Grace and Bela bond and Grace tells him that he needs to be more positive about the future and that he deserves to benefit from his hard work over the years.

Yvonne tells Damien about Laura's attack on Suzanne and that Suzanne is devastated. Mark admits to Laura that when he learned what Suzanne did he wanted to 'batter her face in' and that he can't stand the sight of her. Zak can't face telling his dad he prefers hurling to rugby. Derabhla learns that Tommy only wants to spend some father-son time together. Damien, Mark and Laura promise never to hold anything back from one another and reconnect their family bond. Bela announces his retirement to a relieved Sarah and Yvonne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Just came across this. Don't read it if you don't like spoilers. :)

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0419/faircity.html

Will Laura get with Yvonne maybe?

Sounds like it is
    Sarah or Paul
    who Barry kills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Will Laura get with Yvonne maybe?

Sounds like it is
    Sarah or Paul
    who Barry kills
    I doubt very much they would kill Paul off, as he is one of the best actors FC have. I also got the impression on here that Sarah is coming back, unless that is a ploy to throw us off the scent and they really will kill her off. I hope with this tidy towns competition coming up that they really will revamp the exterior set. It is amazing that all the years that FC has been on that there are no window boxes, hanging baskets, or flower beds anywhere,with of course the exception of the park. Halpins house have afew really awfully cheap looking artificial plants in their kitchen. And maybe whilst they are at it they could rvamp some of the interior sets, mainly the pub, shop etc as they all look very dated. That said I love Fair City!

rogercar wrote: »
    I doubt very much they would kill Paul off, as he is one of the best actors FC have. I also got the impression on here that Sarah is coming back, unless that is a ploy to throw us off the scent and they really will kill her off. I hope with this tidy towns competition coming up that they really will revamp the exterior set. It is amazing that all the years that FC has been on that there are no window boxes, hanging baskets, or flower beds anywhere,with of course the exception of the park. Halpins house have afew really awfully cheap looking artificial plants in their kitchen. And maybe whilst they are at it they could rvamp some of the interior sets, mainly the pub, shop etc as they all look very dated. That said I love Fair City!

Do you not remember the last time that Damien tried to plant flowers :eek:

I absolutely love Damien and Wayne as a partnership, they are like a married couple, throw Dolores in there and I love it. I wonder would they throw Wayne and Neasa together. I would like them together. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

My guess is its a different actress playing Laura.

000478a7-545.jpg

Meet the actors: Pat Nolan.

This month we will be interviewing Pat Nolan who plays Barry O'Hanlon.

Barry has had more knocks than Mike Tyson, but he has always been able to recover. Now though, since his best friend mistakenly accused him of inappropriate behaviour with a minor, and the gossip mill has gone into over-drive, can Barry recover from this blow? Or will it shatter his character for good?

If you would like to ask Pat anything please email your questions to faircity@rte.ie, with subject line, 'Pat Nolan' Interview, or tweet your questions to http://twitter.com/RTEFairCity.

We will select the best questions and put them to him.
    The deadline for questions is Tuesday 3rd of May.

0004774c-545.jpg

Chinese Whispers.

If you were pushed hard enough, what would you be capable of?

What started as an over-protective father who was grappling with his daughter growing up, has now descended into a witch hunt.

As the gossip grows about Barry's 'inappropriate' behaviour, and a police investigation is launched, instigated by blatant lies, Barry is unravelling under the pressure. Afraid to be seen in the company of Rachel, Charlotte and even Ben, how much more can he take before he snaps?

For a teaser of the week ahead, click here.

Wonder is Finn looking for anymore staff? he is after hiring alot of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 misty456

max life wrote: »
    I doubt that Barry will be killed off. I think its more likely to be Decco. I think the worst actor of the Bishops. He is supposed to be playing a tough character but he is not very realistic. Thats probably because he looks so small and wimpy.

I have to say that I do not agree with you about Decco. I think he has the perfect face for the role.

I find Tommy to be boring. Give him a storyline worth watching.

Or Eileen could be killed off?

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »
    Do you not remember the last time that Damien tried to plant flowers :eek:

I absolutely love Damien and Wayne as a partnership, they are like a married couple, throw Dolores in there and I love it. I wonder would they throw Wayne and Neasa together. I would like them together. :)

Wayne and Damien are very comical and so are the duo Robert and Wayne.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement