Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

That whole bit with Dean, abouthim going to see Pirates of the Caribeean!! I LOL'ed!! Also, the way he is so matter of fact about Brenden going to jail!! I really liked Orlaith tonight too! Poor Girl!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ms flywheel

It's so bad, it just makes it funnier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I am thinking of switching off if Cass does not leave Fair City soon, I thought we were going to be rid of him yesterday, he is really annoying me aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

angel01 wrote: »
    I am thinking of switching off if Cass does not leave Fair City soon, I thought we were going to be rid of him yesterday, he is really annoying me aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!

I think we need to start a petition to get rid of him! He really is so irritating, be gone with him!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's amazing how fictional tv gougers like cass irritate people as much as real life ones , this guy is loathsome :mad:

Was wetting myself laughing at the disco in the pub the other week

Fair city has always bugged me with its disappearing cast and the dropping of stories for ages and ages, good old cheapskate rte only hire them each for 15weeks of the year if i remember rightly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

The crash last night was woeful! So amateur! Why wont RTE hire stuntmen for these things. There have been loads of terrible instances of these types of things lately. Sarah getting "hit" by a car, Robin falling in the Garage, and now this! It just makes it look terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Why does everyone hate Cass, love him :pac: He's so ridiculous and he drives around in an ice-cream van, come on now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Robert is hilarious.

"I'm not going to be grunting anyone"

AHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAH LOL

That's the first time l have genuinely laughed really hard at Fair City :pac: Robert touching Dean's t-shirt LOL and 'l do like her eyes... they're kind of squinty but in a good way'

l love Robert so much ahahahahahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Eh, why cant he stay in the ice cream van, it's only a burst tyre? Does nobody step back from the Fair City script and ask the question "is this realistic?".

• Advertisement

Eh, why cant he stay in the ice cream van, it's only a burst tyre? Does nobody step back from the Fair City script and ask the question "is this realistic?".

apparently because vandals pass by and have no trouble doing things like that, so it's dangerous for him to be there... it annoys me how they act like it's some big dramatic stunt that he's pulled though, it's a burst tyre

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

joey54 wrote: »
    I think we need to start a petition to get rid of him! He really is so irritating, be gone with him!!!!!!!

I'll be the first to sign. His character is atrocious and has been given far too much screen time. FC always have to have a resident 'old style' actor in the cast and they are usually brutal. I think Cass was taken on to replace the
    Ursula character played by Anna Managhan. Clive was another one(gone thankfully).
    I LOVE Robert, brilliantly played, so dead-pan and very funny. Hilarious script writing for a really unusual character. Hope they keep him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

jos28 wrote: »
    I LOVE Robert, brilliantly played, so dead-pan and very funny. Hilarious script writing for a really unusual character. Hope they keep him.

I totally agree! That shirt touching scene with Dean was so funny. They are a great double act actually! He really is doing a good job! I normally dont like the "character" type people on the show. You know, people with a type of gimmicky thing, but he is excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

angel01 wrote: »
    joey54 wrote: »

Agree++++:pac::D
    Completely Agree! He is getting on my nerves!:mad:
    Meller wrote: »
    AHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAH LOL

That's the first time l have genuinely laughed really hard at Fair City :pac: Robert touching Dean's t-shirt LOL and 'l do like her eyes... they're kind of squinty but in a good way'

l love Robert so much ahahahahahah

Then you see Orla enter the pub and see the 2 of them romancing!:pac::pac:

I thought the acting was poor in tonight's episode of Fair City! Allot of mistakes!:(

I am that close to turning the off button about Cass, it is so far fetched and when he appears on screen, I want to throw something at the telly :eek:

Are they writing Brendan out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

hope so , brendan irrates me

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

I LOVE ROBERT

I HATE CASS

such an irriating dirty little monger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Dean and Robert are brilliant together. That was the best episode for a while.

"I like her eyes. They're kind of squinty, but in a good way."

When Robert finally stopped touching Dean's shirt, Dean reached for his pint instantly, as if to remind himself he's still straight. "I'm straight. I like pints. I don't find Robert strangely exciting."

:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

nellie07 wrote: »
    I LOVE ROBERT

I HATE CASS

such an irriating dirty little monger

I agree.
    And if he is staying in Niamhs or Dolores is so good to him why has no one given him a shower and handed him a razor and surely at this stage that brown leather jacket is stinkin it hasnt come off him since he arrived in Carrigstown!!

Robert is great I hope him and Cleo get together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Cass is really starting to irritate me now!

I get the feeling the idea was for him to replace Charlie as a comic character when he left.....

More of Cleo please..........

Lots of people annoying me lately..

CASS :mad::mad:
    Cleo and her annoying facial expressions :mad::mad:
    Dolores, wake up woman :mad::mad:

Not enough Yvonne, Louis, Jo, Dermot, Doug and I will miss Brendan :(

have to say Jo cracks me up too her voice goes through me, Yvonne is brilliant and more Tracey & Carol please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 mainyday

I think Cass is the best character to join Fair City to date, he makes me smile every time, I'd love to see him and Dolorous getting together.
    That Suzanne one is a pain in the A... And as for her hubby? what a sap, there's nothing good going on there at all, why not send the two of them off to Africa or something. Niamh should give her a good slap :mad: now that would liven things up a bit.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

What does Cleo see in Robert?
    And what is wrong with him?

padocon wrote: »
    What does Cleo see in Robert?
    And what is wrong with him?

He's hilarious :pac:
    He has mild aspergers apparently.

Also, from RTE:

Zumo Bishop and his brothers, Decco (Declan) and Denzo (Denis) first appeared on screen in Carrigstown in 2007, giving Mark, Adam and Sean a hard time in a fight outside the chipper.

Since his first appearance Zumo, as played by actor Patrick Fitzpatrick, has had run-ins with several of the Carrigstown locals. Last year at Hallowe'en, he and his brothers terrorised Dolores Molloy, bringing them into conflict once again with Mark Halpin. Zumo held Charlie Kelly captive earlier this year, thinking he could cash in on Bernie Kelly's Canadian lotto win.

Lara Newman may have seen a gentler side to Zumo, as he was her boyfriend for a time. However, we saw Zumo back on form recently, as he crossed paths with John Deegan and local journalist Sarah O'Leary when he attempted to blackmail Sarah's new boyfriend, rookie garda Ian Walsh.

For most of Zumo's 20 years his father has been in prison, but his uncle Baz O'Neill, a former associate of the gangster Billy Meehan, has been happy to step in as mentor and father-figure.

Zumo wasn't christened Zumo, but nobody has called him by his given first name since he was a gurgling baby in a buggy.

If you think you can guess what Zumo's real first name might be, email your answer to:

faircity@rte.ie

Closing date: Sunday 28th June 2009

The correct answer (and some of the more entertaining incorrect answers) will be published on Tuesday 30th June

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ANSWER:

* Entry to the competition is by email only, to faircity@rte.ie
    * Please write Competition No. 1 in the subject line
    * The body of your email must include the following:
    your answer to the competition question
    your full name
    your postal address
    Answers that do not include all of the above information will not be entered in the competition.
    * Only one answer per person will be included in the draw. Where a person submits more than one answer, only the first answer submitted will be considered for entry into the competition.
    * The correct answer will be published on the website with the name of the winner. If you prefer not to have your name published, please let us know in your email.

This month's prize: Across the Shoulder Bag
    (with mobile phone holder on the strap)

Cass is now growing on me more and more! LOL @ last night to troy "It's that or your body mate!". I suppose maybe people are supposed to dislike him.
    I really like Orlaith lately too. Her character is coming into her own. Troy looks like hes being axed too!

Meller wrote: »
    He's hilarious :pac:
    He has mild aspergers apparently

How do you know that? Have they said that on the Programme? What is it?

JaneyP wrote: »
    Cass is now growing on me more and more! LOL @ last night to troy

oh JaneyP, what are we gonna do with ye. I think he's terrible. Like I said before, they have to bring the good actors back into Fair City before it gets soo bad that nobody tunes in.
    "It's that or your body mate!".

I was sure that Troy was gonna head down to the Phoenix Park after Cass said this.
    I really like Orlaith lately too. Her character is coming into her own.

Unfortunately I think Orlaith is the least attractive character in Fair City. Sposed to be the new generation ladette - independent, self employed, confident, obnoxious, with the femininity of an Ox. She does, at least, capture this well.

• Advertisement

Jaysus some poke in the chest Brendan gave Robert there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement