Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

that last scene with barry & paul was heartbreaking! poor guy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Christy hanging out with the kids,Carol has got younger looking since he left Christy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

Is there a chance that Zumo and Decco are scumbags in real life? They suit the parts nearly too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

They sort of ruined Sundays episode cos now we know who is gonna die...
    Sarah
    Decco and Zumo are actually funny when they are trying to act hard because they are so unconvincing. If they threatened me like that, i would not be able to stop myself from laughing....especially at Decco...very unconvincing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

It has to be Sarah, sure in the preview at the end it showd the thick Bishop (dunno whether he's Denzo/Decco) was saying to Barry something like "I could have you done for murder, I could say I walked in and saw her screaming". If it is, it'll be the most interesting thing Sarah has ever done - such a serious underuse of a character.

I know someone on Boards has said this before, but everytime I look at Tommy I think of the Dad from Soupy Norman, it's like he's been dubbed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

There's a pic of Paul, Niamh and Sarah on front of TV now with a heading like "Which one of thse does Barry kill?"
    max life wrote: »
    They sort of ruined Sundays episode cos now we know who is gonna die...
    Sarah
    Well going by deiseindublin's post of a few days ago it was pretty obvious who was going to die. Niamh and Paul are going to be in Fair City till the end while Sarah's exit has being playing out for a couple of weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

gonna be weird to see this "accidental murder" happen.
    i was never a fan of sarah......but i don't like anybody to be killed off unless they are baddies lol

in the preview for sunday... did you not think barry was a bit too calm?? "it was an accident" you'd swear he had only just dropped a glass of milk onto the floor ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I think Barry should have reported Decco and Zumo to John Deegan following the attack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Is there a chance that Zumo and Decco are scumbags in real life? They suit the parts nearly too well.

I met Zumo or Patrick Fitzpatrick by his real name out in Dublin last year, a nice guy he is, the group i was with we asked him for a photo with him and not a bother to do it, at the time Zumo had robbed Damo, so i was telling him to give Damo back his money!!

As far as i know, Zumo, Decco, Denzo and Sash all knew each other as they lived in the same area in Ballymun before joining FC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

STIG83 wrote: »
    I met Zumo or Patrick Fitzpatrick by his real name out in Dublin last year, a nice guy he is, the group i was with we asked him for a photo with him and not a bother to do it, at the time Zumo had robbed Damo, so i was telling him to give Damo back his money!!

As far as i know, Zumo, Decco, Denzo and Sash all knew each other as they lived in the same area in Ballymun before joining FC.

I'm starting to give up on this board because of some of the clueless and ridiculously ignorant and objectively wrong drivel here, comments such as that Decco isn't in any way convincing and the personal remarks they are saying about the actors in real life. This really low gutter-talk and even phrenology that's coming from some people shows there is something wrong with them themselves. While they may laugh among themselves like little kids they should be aware that their statements and "opinions" are totally inaccurate and fabricated.

Also that slightly shorter than average people can't be convincing as gangsters or scarey. What planet do these people come from? Most tough guys are slightly shorter. What a cod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I've met Zumo (Patrick) and he's a gas character - totally opposite to the part he plays. He's very down to earth - and I've heard Decco/Denzo/Sash are also very nice people - the four of them seem very grateful to be given the opportunity to work - nice guys all around from what I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I thought Barry's performance last night was brilliant. They have driven him so close to the edge and his history of mental illness made it all the more convincing. SO annoyed at Paul, when will he admit that he started all of this by over-reacting. I wanted to throttle him :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Fair City can seriousley mess up at times and last nights episode proved this. Firstly at the end of the episode in the "in the next episode" clip they practically gave the story away, now we all know for definite that Barry accidently kills Sarah. Secondly, where were the people she would have worked with, eg Suzanne, Bella, Yvonne. And people she knew really well like, Delorous and others. The station was practically empty, no athmosphere.The set for the station imo looks cheap and flimsey, just compare it with "Nick's Bistro" in Corrie, absolutely no comparrison! My point is if FC are going to attempt something try and do it convinceingly. Love the Bishops!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Barry being interviewed by Colm Hayes on 2FM at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I don't get to see FC as often as I would like but this story line has had me hooked. Its been a great insight into how a rumour can get out of hand very quickly and destroy lives.

Sad that its going to be
    Sarah
    who croaks it..I was hoping it would be Old Ma Bishop :mad: Will be interesing to see how it all plays out in the aftermath, will there be a coverup?

Great to to see there is a dedicated board to FC here too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

When is the repeat of last nights show on. Thought it would have at half 3 today but it wasnt.

closeline wrote: »
    When is the repeat of last nights show on. Thought it would have at half 3 today but it wasnt.
    According to the tv listings it was on at 12:15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

This has to be a storyline that wasnt kept secret!! usually a soap films three different endings to keep it under wraps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

If the alledged person gets "killed" - what happens to the house - didn't the ex sign up for the mortgage also - does this mean that the ex is now the rightful owner of the house...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Christy hanging out with the kids,Carol has got younger looking since he left Christy

Carol is a MAN!! When did that happen!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

eviltwin wrote: »
    I don't get to see FC as often as I would like but this story line has had me hooked. Its been a great insight into how a rumour can get out of hand very quickly and destroy lives.

Great to to see there is a dedicated board to FC here too :D

I agree, eviltwin, I think it's a really good story. Hard to watch at times - poor Barry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

Love this interview with Eamon Morrissey http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/mtaeamon.html

especially his answers to the last 2 questions:

Where is your favourite place in the world?
    Inside my head. There are no cheap flights, no flash resorts, but when you get there, you happily realise 'this is where I am.'
    What's been the highlight of your career so far?
    Two years ago I got the state pension. After over fifty years working as a free-lance actor it is the first permanent payment I have ever had. Maybe that is the highlight. I have survived.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corcaighabu92

DeepBlue wrote: »
      According to the tv listings it was on at 12:15pm

I suppose no chance of getting it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,182 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Whenever Sarah's body is found I bet Denzo will be arrested for her murder no one will believe Barry as the killer and Denzo will leave dna on the body as he helps Barry get rid of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Although i have been enjoying FC and the Barry storyline of late, i think the whole "Who will be killed" teaser, especially when there is a picture of Niamh, Paul and Sarah on the front of RTE Guide under the question "Who will be killed?" is a farce. I mean, its hardly going to be Paul or Niamh now is it? What are the chances that they are suddenly going to move on from that soap and do sonething different in their career?! Slim to zero, they are part of the furniture and curiously unambitious so its obviously Sarah who bites the bullet. WHilst the storyline isnt bad, there is zero tension wondering who is going to die. What would be better is if they killed off Paul and Niamh and made way for some fresh blood, thay have had their day ;)

I suppose no chance of getting it now.
      There's always a way. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I met the actor that plays Zumo and to me anyway, he is the complete opposite, seems quite shy and a really nice guy. Would love to meet Decco as he plays the part incredibly well. Big fan of the Bishops.

I felt so sorry for Barry :( He really is playing a blinder with this storyline and making it very believable, a rumour like this can just show the horror it can have on someones life :(

deelite wrote: »
      Why was Decco getting money 3K for Eileen - what's the story behind that.

She was shortchanged for a job or something, Zumo and Decco were supposed to be getting it but then Decco did the job and mucked up (as usual) :eek:

00047ada-545.jpg

Return of a long-lost Laura.

There's a surprise in store this week for Damien, with the return of his sister Laura, six years after she left Carrigstown.

During her time away in Galway, she has been in contact with Mark, but he hasn't provided either his brother or sister with updates of how the other is doing. She hasn't had any communication with Damien, and she is still in the dark about the real reasons for the breakdown of his marriage with Suzanne.

Laura's return will stir up mixed feelings with the residents of Carrigstown, not least Wayne, who now has his eye on his best friend's little sister. Could there be a future for them? Or is there something Laura hasn't told Damien?

After a very painful childhood, she now refuses to be held back or let her family history define her. How will Laura settle back in to Carrigstown and a family life that is so different to the one she left all those years ago?

Laura Halpin is played by Liana O'Cleirigh. (new actress to play Laura)

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 86,182 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Paul not realise he caused all this for Barry :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement