Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Paul not realise he caused all this for Barry :rolleyes:

I think he realised this at the end of Thursday's episode... bit late Paul... :(:(

I so wanted to leap through the telly and have it out with Zumo & Decco.. Poor Barry.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Paul not realise he caused all this for Barry :rolleyes:

He needs to do a lot more, doesn't he? "I've wrecked your life, but you can sleep on my couch for a while and we'll be grand." It was Paul's paranoia about Rachel that started the paedophile rumour. The fact that he's still jealous about Barry and Niamh makes it even worse.

If Barry is going to be in serious trouble, which looks likely, I hope Paul takes a few risks to help him. They go back a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Well they are now saying that the character of Sarah has "come to the end of her road" after 10 years in a sunday newspaper and thats the reason she is axed, and yet they seem to be able to hold on to dead weight like Paul and Leo and Barry and Niamh for YEARS and YEARS without the excuse of their character being exhausted.....funny old world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Well they are now saying that the character of Sarah has "come to the end of her road" after 10 years in a sunday newspaper and thats the reason she is axed, and yet they seem to be able to hold on to dead weight like Paul and Leo and Barry and Niamh for YEARS and YEARS without the excuse of their character being exhausted.....funny old world!

In my opinion, Paul, Niamh and Barry can all act and act really well (unlike Sarah) and Leo is a Fair City legend who I never want to see leave :D

I can't think of many redeeming features of Sarah and I really don't rate the actress that highly and I don't see what else they could have done with her (in fairness)

I think Barry has been brilliant in this storyline. He has made it very believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Very enjoyable (if that is an appropriate word) storyline. Barry is doing it so well!! Looking forward to seeing how it plays out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

angel01 wrote: »
    In my opinion, Paul, Niamh and Barry can all act and act really well (unlike Sarah) and Leo is a Fair City legend who I never want to see leave :D

I can't think of many redeeming features of Sarah and I really don't rate the actress that highly and I don't see what else they could have done with her (in fairness)

I think Barry has been brilliant in this storyline. He has made it very believable.

Fair enough with the point with regard to Paul and Niamh acting better than Sarah but there comes a point with every soap character when they really have done it all and there is nowhere else to bring them. In fairness to fans of Leo and Barry, what have they actually done this past year besides hang around drinking coffee in the background, with the ocassional line here and there? Barry has a big story now but up to this point he really has just been part of the furniture. Niamh i personally wouldnt rate as a great actress, she looks about 45 (its the permanent frown and crease on her forehead) and just delivers her lines in a droll and paint-by-numbers manner. Paul has bedded everyone and done everything there is to be done for a small town resident, whats left for him to do??

Thats why Neasa and her family were a great addition to the soap, here was a new group of characters to warm to and get to know, its been a breath of fresh air. I just think that all the tension is removed from these big storylines when we have to "wonder" who is going to die? It will never be one of the long-termers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Looking forward to the arrival of Laura 2.0 - since Mark 2.0 was such a good casting desicion and Maclean Burke was always excellent in his role as Damo, I have high hopes that the Halpins will be a force to be reckoned with...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

This is a storyline that I can see dragging out, hasn't Sarah told everyone she's going to England so is it possible that
    if Barry and Denzo dispose of her body no one else will miss her
    ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Looking forward to the arrival of Laura 2.0 - since Mark 2.0 was such a good casting desicion and Maclean Burke was always excellent in his role as Damo, I have high hopes that the Halpins will be a force to be reckoned with...

Who knows - they could become more popular than the Dillons

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Is it wrong that I find Rachel really hot...? That voice she puts on, I mean come on...

>_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

That had to be the worst death scene i seen in a soap.
    Come on Barry!! she on the floor motionless with her eyes open, it def not concussion!!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Is it wrong that I find Rachel really hot...? That voice she puts on, I mean come on...

>_>

Yeah it is pretty wrong. I don't know what age she actually is but she is portraying a 15 yr old.

That death scene was hilarious. Very Benny Hill.

Im sure Denzo is sorry he offered to get Decco's hoodie now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I have always thought that Barry was a dreadful actor.

This scene, and this storyline, proves it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

LOL they just threw a tea towel on her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

angel01 wrote: »
    Laura Halpin is played by Liana O'Cleirigh. (new actress to play Laura)

Surprise surprise :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Fittle wrote: »
    I have always thought that Barry was a dreadful actor. This scene, and this storyline, proves it for me.

yeah very poor scene, every time Fair City try to do physical violence they make it look like a school play..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

that was TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

My God no wonder eastenders is so popular with Irish folk
    I know RTE have less money than BBC but that was total CRAP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

yeah very poor scene, every time Fair City try to do physical violence they make it look like a school play..

But Barry has always been such a bad actor - I never knew why they kept him in it - he-talks-like-this-in-every-scene:mad:

That whole thing was so ridiculous - he was her friend - why did he plead with whatshisname to help him, it makes no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Fittle wrote: »
    I have always thought that Barry was a dreadful actor.

This scene, and this storyline, proves it for me.
    Too right! Does it not occur to Barry and Denzo that Sarah will eventually be reported missing and that suspicion will increase when it is realised that she didn't check in at the airport? Deegan will then start sniffing around.

Should be a perfect cover up for a while, Sarah was supposed to get a flight later in the evening, everyone will think she got it and is settling in to London.

I think Barry actually plays a boring school teacher ok. But you don't make that type of character a main actor.

It was a very basic death scene, but think of Turlough's death scene. Was it really worse than that? At least this time it's like they're admitting they can't do a death scene. The blood make-up was pretty good.

julyjane wrote: »
    This is a storyline that I can see dragging out, hasn't Sarah told everyone she's going to England so is it possible that
    if Barry and Denzo dispose of her body no one else will miss her
    ? :(

Yup.

Why was Barry literally throwing his mobile phone at Denzo asking him to call the police anyway? That is so ridiculously unbelievable after what the Bishops did to him just a few days earlier.

Would you really give anyone you didn't know your mobile in such a situation, after they just broke into your house? I know things can get a bit different in a life/death situation, and sworn enemies or nasty people might cooperate, but this is just ridiculous.

And why the hell didn't he just ring them himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭HugoDrax

endakenny wrote: »
    Too right! Does it not occur to Barry and Denzo that Sarah will eventually be reported missing and that suspicion will increase when it is realised that she didn't check in at the airport? Deegan will then start sniffing around.

But when the baldy guy was knocking on the door and sticking his nose in the letter box there was no answer so that gives the other baldy fella with the beard an alibi. Then the fat fella who was looking for the green hoodie who took away the stiff of the ugly posh bird and took care of it himself will get the blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

If Barry had common sense he'd have rang Deegan while Denzo was driving the body, said Denzo burst into his house aggressively looking for the hoodie when Sarah was there, Sarah insulted him, there was a struggle and next thing he knew Denzo was dragging Sarah into the car, heard a cracking thump (knew she was dead) and he was gone before Barry could reach the car. :D

If Barry had common sense he'd have rang Deegan while Denzo was driving the body, said Denzo burst into his house aggressively looking for the hoodie when Sarah was there, Sarah insulted him, there was a struggle and next thing he knew Denzo was dragging Sarah into the car, heard a cracking thump (knew she was dead) and he was gone before Barry could reach the car. :D
    You should apply to FC as a writer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Poor Turlough! He only held the title of "Most Ludicrous Soap Death" for 2 and a half months.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jaysus Barry is on a

KILLING SPREE

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement