Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Fittle wrote: »
    But Barry has always been such a bad actor - I never knew why they kept him in it - he-talks-like-this-in-every-scene:mad:

lol... yeah, he'd be quicker if he tapped it out on the table in morse code with his hand..

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Is it wrong that I find Rachel really hot...? That voice she puts on, I mean come on...

>_>

Barry? Is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

I'd be on the phone to Samaritans every day if I was Barry. Bad stuff always happens an abnormal amount (even for a soap) to him. I mean, the bad stuff heavily outweighs the good where he is concerned. He doesn't even have family as a source of strength for the rough times.

HugoDrax wrote: »
    But when the baldy guy was knocking on the door and sticking his nose in the letter box there was no answer so that gives the other baldy fella with the beard an alibi. Then the fat fella who was looking for the green hoodie who took away the stiff of the ugly posh bird and took care of it himself will get the blame.

Best post ever. :D You're not a regular viewer then?

I'd be on the phone to Samaritans every day if I was Barry. Bad stuff always happens an abnormal amount (even for a soap) to him. I mean, the bad stuff heavily outweighs the good where he is concerned. He doesn't even have family as a source of strength for the rough times.

It may seem very unlucky. But I'm a bald guy with a beard, and I have to say it's realistic. I'd go into detail, but someone just spilled oxtail soup on my laptop, and I think I smell my roof burning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,182 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tonight's episode was very funny imo complete with lots of god awful acting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Was THAT it?? Sarah started screaming, next thing i know she is dead? What exactly happened, how did she die, they explained nothing! Unless i missed a crucial part, then that has to be the worst death i have ever seen on this show...shame Barry couldnt have died as well....jog on old man.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,182 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was THAT it?? Sarah started screaming, next thing i know she is dead? What exactly happened, how did she die, they explained nothing! Unless i missed a crucial part, then that has to be the worst death i have ever seen on this show...shame Barry couldnt have died as well....jog on old man.:rolleyes:

Sarah fell backwards and hit her head off the coffee table well thats how I think she died oh and Barry fell on top of her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

very poor death scene. something that wasn't really built up.
    he's trying to clean her nose after accidentally bashing the door off her face.. then he flips and goes what are you doing to me.....then they fall over on the floor? how the hell??? how can she be dead? i was actually saying WTF? to the telly. how can you die from whacking your head off the table? i've fallen and whacked my head off a table before (mind you i was only 3 years old LOL) and i just got a bump on my head! it just looked like a really poor scene altogether!

i did think denzo was good in his scenes... but it just didn't seem well written into the story line.
    and the tea towel!!! and her face!!! and barry asking sarah to wake up when her eyes are bulging open???
    man....... that was just nasty. terrible. awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Ah poor Sarah I liked her still wondering about her house...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

When or why did Sarah and Mark have a falling out? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Barry's character reached it's sell-by date years ago. Would be more interesting if he actually was a paedo/murderer.

I can see it now - Decco and Zumo break-in again, decide to give his computer a more thorougher search and find nothing. The rumours spreads around Carraigstown about what they're doing to Barry and the community disowns them (barred from McCoys etc). Next scene it shows Barry laughing and smoking hash, while plugging a memory key into the laptop and emailing his internet friend about 'the pictures'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

STIG83 wrote: »

im still trying to work that one out!!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That was very badly done, which is a shame as Pat Nolan and Gemma Doorly are very capable actors... I think it comes down to the director on this one... Seemed very poorly directed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

If Barry had common sense he'd have rang Deegan while Denzo was driving the body, said Denzo burst into his house aggressively looking for the hoodie when Sarah was there, Sarah insulted him, there was a struggle and next thing he knew Denzo was dragging Sarah into the car, heard a cracking thump (knew she was dead) and he was gone before Barry could reach the car. :D

Wouldn't work :( Have you never watched CSI? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I wish it had gone on a "Very Bad Things" turn and Barry the mild-mannered teacher somehow ended up with mass murder on his hands, that would be funny. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

God that death scene was fecking terrible.. He slams a door in her face, starts shaking her and then crushes her with his gut...

julyjane wrote: »
    Wouldn't work :( Have you never watched CSI? :confused:
    If Grissom was still on CSI he would catch them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The only thing I can think of is that she may have been his teacher so might not want much contact with him. He said to her in the bar: "Can we buy you a pint Ms. Whatever"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I thought the death scene wasn't very believable or the way he turned on Sarah but I can understand that he found out she shopped him and was angry and emotions got the better of him...

I do think Barry has done well with this storyline and been top notch, he has been let down with this episode (writing mainly). Where did they get the body bag? :confused: They probably should have brought her to the car in what she was wearing?

On another note, I am enjoying Jo & Tommy, Jo's face when Carol named Louie instead of her was amusing.. :D

Christy is in deep trouble right now.. I think AA isn't far off for him at the rate he is going.. wonder will he lose the shop? :eek:

• Advertisement

Is it wrong that I find Rachel really hot...? That voice she puts on, I mean come on...

>_>

What age are you? She is only 14 ffs.

I think Sarah doesn't like him and maybe because she sided with Suzanne previously. I think Mark seems to have changed (personality wise) and she doesn't want him or his mates in her house.

This isn't really Fair City related, more RTE related but interesting way of RTE measuring the TV ratings... worth a read. Article link

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Wow, the death scene was awfully bad :eek:. I'm only after getting in from work so I sat down with a cuppa to watch last night's episode. I had hoped that FC would have a twist much like a few years ago when Paul was tipped to die from a heart attack and it turned out to be poor old Mike who bought the farm.

When I seen the spoilers for last week about a much loved character being killed off, I have to admit with all the speculation about a certain canine on the thread, I thought poor Shebe was going to exit FC at Barry's hands or rather under his car :D. Then one of the tv magazines came out with Paul, Sarah and Niamh on the cover and I realised it was a person but had hoped that again it might be someone else like Eileen Bishop, Carol or Charlotte. But I think everyone more or less copped on to who was leaving last Thursday night when the clips for Sunday night rolled.

I do feel sorry for Barry, that man is cursed! But his acting was dire last night, not physically but rather his style of speech. Even in high dramatic mode it's terribly stilted and a little boring. And for poor Sarah, I'm all for a character leaving with a bang but I think the writers took it too literally. First the bloody nose and then the coffee table? And not even the corner of the coffee table! Surely there was some way of accidentally killing Sarah that looked a little realistic like having her trip backwards over her suitcase or even have Barry take a swing at her with a poker. Not accidental I know but... Really and truly though, Barry and Denzo are the unlikeliest partners in crime, the first thing that came to mind was Vinnie and Sol from "Snatch" and the botched robbery of the bookies. What they really need now is Carrickstown's answer to Brick Top, a pig farmer :D.

It wasn't all bad though, highlights for me included Sarah's death shroud, a tea towel lol, Denzo and the blood and Carol and Jo. These two should have been paired off ages ago. They're a great double act.

Poor Christy though, he's really unravelling. And what's the dealio with Mark? It's like Sean and he have changed personalities, it's mad!

Anyway, night all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

The other 'Most ridiculous death-scene in a Soap' (Turlough) was what, just over 2 months ago? And they decide to kill someone else...
    And lo and behold, it's in a living room, where the person falls and we get a scene of a bloodied face with eyes bulging...:rolleyes:

Honest to God, could Barry not have killed Sarah in a hit & run? Could he not have (accidently) pushed her down a flight of stairs? Obviously the script writers are trying desperately to raise Barry's profile lately, as he hasn't had a decent storyline in years - but come on, to kill Sarah in almost the same way as turlough died a couple of months ago?

It's half nine on a bank holiday monday morning and within 2 seconds, I have come up with two other ways Sarah dies, so as not to be similar to a very recent storyline. I assume the scriptwriters are paid well to write a script...sit around board-room tables pitching ideas at each other, how could they not have come up with a better death-scene? And when the scriptwriter said 'Lets have Sarah bang her head off a coffee-table..' was there no-one else around the boardroom table who said 'Eh, turlough died in a living room a few weeks ago...let's kill her off a different way'.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The death scene was a real let down. The door in the face was more exciting. And the way she fell....has anyone ever actually died instantly from a knock on the head???

And I'm surprised that Denzo is taking the responsibility for getting rid of the body, unless in typical Denzo fashion he mucks up and leaves her somewhere she'll be found easily with a map to Barry's house pinned to her or something :p

I'm really liking the chemistry between Tommy and Jo....wonder if a fling is in the offing there;)

You can die from banging your head, there have been plenty of people killed from banging their hang off the pavement or an object..

Here are a few:

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/news/Pensioner-died-hitting-head-trying-pair-trousers/article-2184416-detail/article.html

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1223coffeetabledeath.html

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2007-05-13/news/CFBRIEFS13_3_1_daytona-beach-table-beach-police

and if you wish to get technical...: http://www.braininjury.com/injured.html

I clearly have too much time on my hands :eek:

eviltwin wrote: »
    I'm really liking the chemistry between Tommy and Jo....wonder if a fling is in the offing there;)

Think they are supposed to get it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

I actually thought the acting was very good...like somebody said, the directing was very poor. Terrible death scene! Yeah you can die if you hit your head but i don't even think they showed her hitting her head? It just went from a struggle to her lying on the floor?
    Poor Barry, he is really going to lose it now. And denzo is very 'simple', I bet he'll cave and tell his brothers and they'll torment barry, bribe him etc...

Poor Christy :( I felt so sorry for him hen he called them his friends.:(

Has anyone else noticed a vague spark between Joe and Tommy? Well not really a spark yet but i think they are developing something there?

And just a few things while im here:

-Baby Ruth seems to sleep an awful lot :eek:
    - Is Neasa gonna turn back to her old character as if the whole Turlough thing never happened?
    - Will Joe PLEASE stop saying 'Look it' :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

This has to be a storyline that wasnt kept secret!! usually a soap films three different endings to keep it under wraps.

I've never understood what people are on about when they say this. It's a soap opera. There is no "ending". If they filmed 3 different people getting killed, then they have to film 3 different versions of the next episode, and every episode after that for 6 weeks until the identity of the victim is revealed on the episode showing. It's all darn lies!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement