Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Is nobody even going to comment on that fact that Barry and Denzo lifted Sarah's body OUT THE FRONT DOOR TO THE CAR AND NOBODY EVEN SAW THEM?? That is a new low, they cant even be bothered to park around the back, where there is less of a chance of being spotted?! I mean, considering the amount of times characters bump into each other on the street (wasn't it only last week when Barry, Sarah, Yvonne, Ray and Paul all arrived AT THE SAME TIME as Barry spotted the 'Pedo' sign on his front door?:D), i would have thought that dumping a body into a boot might attract some attention.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Is nobody even going to comment on that fact that Barry and Denzo lifted Sarah's body OUT THE FRONT DOOR TO THE CAR AND NOBODY EVEN SAW THEM?? That is a new low, they cant even be bothered to park around the back, where there is less of a chance of being spotted?! I mean, considering the amount of times characters bump into each other on the street (wasn't it only last week when Barry, Sarah, Yvonne, Ray and Paul all arrived AT THE SAME TIME as Barry spotted the 'Pedo' sign on his front door?:D), i would have thought that dumping a body into a boot might attract some attention.....

I was more wondering how come the Bishop had a car all of a sudden!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I am guessing that it was very late at night as it looked very dark and you should know that noone in Carrigstown is around late at night ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Sigh! All that good work undone. They were doing a pretty good job with this storyline up till last night. That scene was terrible. Once again, let down by the set-pieces, which is what casual fans would have tuned in last night to see. Why don't they hire a stunt man for these bits? Or if they already do have a stunt man, he needs to be fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

angel01 wrote: »
    I am guessing that it was very late at night as it looked very dark and you should know that noone in Carrigstown is around late at night ;):D

It would have made a great story if Bob Charles was hiding in the shadows watching the whole thing :D

• Advertisement

Laois_Man wrote: »

I presumed it was Barry's car (not that I ever saw him driving a car!)

Except when he killed Gina driving one - the terribly unlucky chap! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

The only one i see who seems to drive is Leo with the taxis.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,180 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Carol and Louie have becoming very boring they need to break up soon - I'd love to see Farrah back to help her dad (they could recast the role) and have her go after Louie

Is the actor who plays Wayne voicing the nescafe ads? Sounds like him to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    CI'd love to see Farrah back to help her dad (they could recast the role)

that would make it Farrah #4....

• Advertisement

Carol and Louie have becoming very boring they need to break up soon - I'd love to see Farrah back to help her dad (they could recast the role) and have her go after Louie

He could do, he def does the ad for Strepsils

I like Carol & Louie, just being a regular happy couple, seeing as they are destroying Jo & Dermot... :(:(

Isn't it Philip who caused all this mess for Barry if you think about it.. he was the one that made Paul suspicious of anyone being near Rachel after drawing that picture!!...

He may be next in Barry's killing spree ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I wonder if Pat Nolan, who plays barry, is planning to leave the series

branie wrote: »
    I wonder if Pat Nolan, who plays barry, is planning to leave the series[/QUOTE

Hopefully, he is a boring character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Kevin joyce

I wonder does fair city have the record for the most re-casts ?

I wonder does fair city have the record for the most re-casts ?

Home and Away is another show guilty of it.

STIG83 wrote: »
    Home and Away is another show guilty of it.

Neighbours too...

branie wrote: »
    I wonder if Pat Nolan, who plays barry, is planning to leave the series

Why would he be wanting to leave? :confused: He has done a great job with the storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

I've been puzzzled by Mark's reactions to Sarah too. I think he must be angry at her for being Suzanne's friend, but it seemed to go from 0 to 60 with no actual reason.

You'd have to think it's planting "evidence" for a case against Mark for murdering Sarah, but that doesn't explain why he suddenly changed personality.

Maybe he banged his head off a table? I hear they're awful dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

STIG83 wrote: »
    The only one i see who seems to drive is Leo with the taxis.

Ray also drives, in fact he nearly caught Dense-oh speeding off with Sarahs body.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Isn't it Philip who caused all this mess for Barry if you think about it.. he was the one that made Paul suspicious of anyone being near Rachel after drawing that picture!!...

wasn't it rachel who asked for the pic in the first place though? or maybe it's niamh's fault for having that mini skirt LOL
    Laois_Man wrote: »

i think that car was barry's.

i thought the last scene was really a poor show. a really long clip of the view of the car... and them turfing a body bag into the boot. the scene was far too long. they should have shown more or come up with something better. it looked like that whole sarah killing scene was thrown together in 5 minutes without much thought put to it.

and yes bob charles in the shadows would have made it better!

All the slagging of Pat Nolan's (Barry) acting ability - I don't agree with it. He won the Golden Rose Award, in the 'Best Soap Actor' category, at the international Rose d'Or Festival in Switzerland in 2005 for his excellent portrayl of a deeply depressed and broken man. So he must be capable of something!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭HugoDrax

Why couldn't they have done a Goodfellas style end for Sarah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

I have to stay that the Death scene was one of the worst ever scene's on TV. It was so pathetic it was frightening. I wonder do the people who dont read this topic know that she banged he head of the table. Because it wasnt clear to see. It just looked like he flattened her and the the towel then. Oh FFS. The way he slapped the door of her head..it just didnt make sense. A real pity that shes gone now though. I was really hoping that she would get it off (yes literally)with Bob. They had great chemistry together.

Yeah i thought Bob would have got it on with Sarah, ah well.

For those missing Shebe, Shebe is back!!

00047d1d-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 069

Tuesday 26th April

Barry finds a reminder of Sarah in the boot of his car.

Bela is unsettled by Grace when she jokes that they belong in the nursing home.

Laura returns home and has lots to catch up on!

Zak goes against Tommy's wishes.

Deegan pays Barry a visit.

Yvonne and Suzanne worry about Bela's health.

Denzo comes up with a plan to keep Sarah alive.

Written by Thomas McLaughlin.

00047d11-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 070

Wednesday 27th April

A guilty conscience keeps Barry from having a good night's sleep.

Yvonne asks Judith advice on Bela's welfare.

Damien is irked by the influence Laura and Wayne have over Mark.

Deegan keeps a close eye on a nervous Barry.

Laura comes face to face with her ex-sister-in-law.

Bela's daughters gang up on him in McCoys.

Dearbhla blackmails Zak to get him to do more of her chores.

And Sarah's phone rings off the hook!

Written by Thomas McLaughlin.

00047d13-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 071

Thursday 28th April

Eileen continues to hassle Denzo for the money he owes her, putting him under even more stress.

Yvonne and Suzanne's help does nothing to impress a jaded Bela.

Wayne sets Laura's imagination racing when he drops hints about why Damien's marriage to Suzanne broke down.

Dearbhla and Zak continue to fool Tommy, but Finn nearly lets the cat out of the bag!

Laura finally learns the truth from Damien, and pays Suzanne an angry visit.

Denzo puts pressure on Barry to work with him to get Eileen's money, but Deegan starts spreading the word about the counterfeit notes.

Bela comes to a decision with work. And Barry reaches breaking point, again.

Written by Hilary Reynolds

00047d14-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 072

Sunday 1st May

Cass decides a fishing trip will cheer up Bela, now that he has free time on his hands.

Mark suggests a big change, in order for the Halpins to rid themselves of Suzanne.

Eileen likes the idea of Barry doing her dirty work, and wastes no time in introducing herself to her new business partner.

Bela and Cass come back empty-handed and dejected from their fishing trip.

Finn comes clean to a disappointed Tommy.

Wayne asks Damien's permission to date Laura.

Denzo and Barry concoct excuses to Bob and Finn for Sarah's lack of contact.

Grace proves a great help to Bela, and turns out to be the only one who has a positive influence on him.

Barry increases his efforts of deceit.

Written by Ciarán Hayden

Studio director Jonathan Wright Miller
          Location director Eleanor Cunney

• Registered Users Posts: 86,180 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eileen and Barry partners in crime :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

At least Laura hasn't been in it for about 10 years, and was just a kid at the time. Whereas the Mark recast.....

At least Laura hasn't been in it for about 10 years, and was just a kid at the time. Whereas the Mark recast.....

The original Mark wanted to leave to join a band so they had to recast.

• Advertisement
        • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Kevin joyce

Did ye guys know that back in 89 Dr Judith played Dolores

This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement