Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Did ye guys know that back in 89 Dr Judith played Dolores

Never knew that :eek:
    I remember there being a new Dolores but I don't remember the old one. That's a bit weird

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

angel01 wrote: »
    Why would he be wanting to leave? :confused: He has done a great job with the storyline.

You are an insider for Fair City right, producer or scriptwriter? Involved in promotion in some way anyway. At first i wasnt sure, but the combination of your screens about the next few episodes (plot details, cast names etc) together with the fact that you never EVER say anything bad about the show, despite the fact that the show has many acting and scripting flaws, just sticks out here a mile. If that is the case then its not very fair that you can post on a thread about Fair City objectively as your opinions will be biased compared to everyone else's, whats your deal??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

You can die from banging your head, there have been plenty of people killed from banging their hang off the pavement or an object..

How many have been killed by a falling mirror.. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

You are an insider for Fair City right, producer or scriptwriter? Involved in promotion in some way anyway. At first i wasnt sure, but the combination of your screens about the next few episodes (plot details, cast names etc) together with the fact that you never EVER say anything bad about the show, despite the fact that the show has many acting and scripting flaws, just sticks out here a mile. If that is the case then its not very fair that you can post on a thread about Fair City objectively as your opinions will be biased compared to everyone else's, whats your deal??

I am a fair city fan, no more no less. I post spoilers that are widely available at a different website and the week preview which is widely available on the Fair City website. Yes I am biased about the show but I didn't realise that being a huge fan was such a crime.

As most (or if not all) are aware, myself, Deelite and CaptainNegative were at the set last year, as we won a competition that was on the RTE website. We met a lot of the cast that day. :)

I prefer to focus on the good about the show, as I try to be as positive as I can within my daily life. I do not work on the show or with RTE but I am available, should they ever require my services ;):D

Hopefully that has answered your question.. :)

How many have been killed by a falling mirror.. ?

Could only find one other case...

http://www.bordom.net/view/9265/Boy_Killed_by_Falling_Mirror_in_Wal-Mart

:eek:

• Advertisement

Sunday
    Bela is enjoying his new found freedom and goes fishing with Cass. They meet Barry and he further isolates himself from the community by snapping at them. Damien tells Laura and Mark that he needs to create some happy memories in his home. He tells them he is not ready to give up the house.

Eileen is impressed that Denzo got Barry to launder money for them. She is dubious about his involvement but allows Denzo to approach him to do more. Derabhla tells Finn that Zak is skipping the rugby trials. Finn agrees to talk to Tommy and help Zak out. He approaches him at the market stall and tells him about Zak's rugby ambition. While Tommy is not happy with this he agrees to support him. Wayne admits to Finn that he likes Laura. Later Damien can't tell him that Laura is a lesbian.

Suzanne and Yvonne are introduced to Grace by Bela and she accepts an invite to go for food to celebrate Bela's retirement. The meal goes really well and Yvonne notes how relaxed Bela is in her company. Later he admits to Cass that Grace is a blessing and has snapped him out of his depression. Eileen and Denzo call to Barry and he is stunned when she introduces herself as his business partner. He is forced to agree to Eileen's demands and she tells him she will give him a cut of the profits.

Tommy and Judith that Dearbhla was blackmailing Zak and tell him that they will support this new sporting choice. Tommy tells Zak that he wants him to show the 'city slickers how a Kilkenny man plays rugby'. Finn talks to Barry about Sarah and how he is worried that she is not on her phone or Facebook. Denzo drunkenly blurts out that she has a new English number. When Finn leaves, Barry takes Denzo in hand and tells him he needs to control himself. He realises that Denzo is just a kid and needs to be looked after. Back at home, Barry realises that Denzo is as badly affected by Sarah's death as he is. He says that all he can see is Sarah's eyes looking back at him when he tried to bury her. He tells him that he can't sleep and is haunted by her.

Mark leaves to go back to college but not before apologising to Damien. They laugh when they see Wayne making a fool out of himself when he asks Laura out. Barry impersonates Sarah on Facebook and announces that the job didn't work out and she is going travelling. He takes the sim card out of her phone and cuts it up.

Tuesday
    Bob realises that Phelan's is ripe for competition, when he realises that Christy is not opening up in time. Denzo, wets his bed and does his best to try and hide his distress over Gemma's death from his family. Eileen tells him he has become too fond of the drink. Caoimhe and Neasa are having breakfast and Caoimhe gushes about Dean. But in Vino's Dean admits to Finn that Caoimhe is crowding him and he wishes she would relax a bit.

Sean admits to Finn that he hasn't been paid by Christy for seven weeks. Finn tells him he needs to get the money from him. Sash calls to the surgery to get help with her CV from Caoimhe and Robert. Judith kicks her out saying she has to deal with enough Bishops without her crowding the place. Denzo reluctantly agrees get Barry to launder more money for Eileen.

Bob calls in to Phelan's shop and mentions that he might start selling essential items in the Hungry Pig. Sean fails to persuade Christy that Bob could set up a rival shop to Phelan's. Robert offers a wary Sash his laptop. Caoimhe asks Dean if she can stay with him again tonight and he reluctantly agrees. Niamh encourages Sean to use his business acumen to make a go of Phelan's and welcome people back into the shop.

Barry goes to the Station and is chatting to Neasa and Finn when guards arrive. They call Finn over and tell him that a robbery had taken place and that the Station could be passing around stolen money. Barry over reacts when he learns this and feigns illness to get out of the bar. An upset Sean quits Phelan's when he has another row with Christy. Carol watches as Christy lets him go. Denzo calls to Barry but he refuses to cooperate any further with Denzo. He shouts at Denzo to get out and he leaves.

Robert tells Judith that he gave the laptop to Sash and she warns him that he may not see it again. Robert is puzzled with Judith's scepticism of her. Carol admits to Louie that she is still worried about Christy. Zumo tells Denzo that all he hears are excuses from him and that he should try to get Barry to sort out booze and move cigarettes for them as well. Eileen laughs at his expense and Denzo tells them that he is sick of them and is going to move out. He leaves and drowns his sorrows in the Station.

Sash waits in the Hungry Pig after waiting for Robert for ages. Zumo jokes to Bob that he can buy a laptop. They leave and Robert then comes in and is shocked to learn from Bob that they were trying to sell his laptop to him. On the advice of Finn, Sean asks Bob for a job and he patronises him. He tells him to come back tomorrow for an interview. A drunk Denzo wanders over to Barry's. Barry is inside with the TV and radio turned up loud. He tries to clean the house and get rid of his demons. He ignores Denzo's knocks and pleas to be let in. Friendless, he leaves Barry alone

Wednesday
    The following morning in Dean's house Caoimhe is all loved up with him, but he feels trapped and suffocated and asks her to leave. Niamh and Judith meet and Niamh tells her she hopes that Barry will resumes the grinds with Rachel. Christy and Niamh argue over Sean and Niamh tells him that there is only so much goodwill that you can throw back in people's faces.

Sean goes for his 'interview' with Bob and is forced to take a menial job of wearing a sandwich board advertising the Hungry Pig. Christy spots Sean wearing the sandwich board and confronts his about his 'disloyalty'. Niamh calls to Barry's house and is shocked to see how bad Barry looks. She forces Barry to go for lunch with her and Rachel. Niamh them meets Sean and asks to meet her at Barry's in half an hour, as she has a surprise planned. In Vino's, Niamh ensures that Barry and Rachel are seen together. Denzo is embittered when Barry is accepted by the community and he isn't.

Neasa suggests that Caoimhe should pay for Dean's holiday. Sash is hurt when she learns that Robert thought she had stolen the laptop. Barry arrives back to his house and explodes when he finds Niamh and Sean at his house cleaning up. He breaks down when confronted. Niamh consoles him and he tells her that he is tired and stressed. Niamh tells him she is going to stay with him for the afternoon.

Robert calms Sash down and reassures her that he doesn't tar her with the 'bishop brush'. He offers to help her brush up her interviewing skills. She opens up to Robert about her life with her mum and is touched by how much Robert cares. Louie confronts Christy and urges him not to ruin himself. Caoimhe calls Dean as a surprise. She tells him she has bought them a holiday, but is hurt when Dean demands some space.

Barry and Niamh drink. Barry gets emotional and has to stop himself from confessing. Caoimhe arrives home heartbroken and Neasa offers to go on holiday with Caoimhe. Denzo arrives drunk at Barry's house. Afraid of what he will say outside the house, he lets him in. Denzo reminds him that he is not the murderer and that Barry doesn't seem to carry the same guilt that he does.

Thursday
    Bob tells Barry that he needs to start pulling himself together or people will suspect there is no smoke without fire. Bob provokes Christy into cleaning up his act as well. Caoimhe tells Neasa that she has changed her mind about the holiday and reveals how vulnerable she is to Neasa. Denzo almost breaks down and confides in Zumo. Barry calls to Judith asking for sleeping tablets and confesses to killing 'her'. She misinterprets him and believes that he is speaking about Gina.

Robert infers to Caoimhe that she forced a holiday on Dean. She is mortified and Robert tells her that Dean prefers to do the chasing. Christy decides to start again with Phelan's and Sean is delighted with his decision. In Monastery Avenue, Sash sees Denzo asleep on the couch. She realises that he has wet himself. He tries to say that he spilled beer but she thinks he is on drugs and calls him pathetic.

Judith calls to Barry's and suggest that he visits Gina's grave. Robert encourages Dean to let go of the past and to give Caoimhe a chance. He then meets Sash and encourages her to not to be down about her family. She tells him she is happy with the way the interview went and she hopes to get the job. Barry meets Denzo and demands to see Sarah's grave. Denzo tells him how lonely he is and he has no-one to talk to. He asks Barry why he isn't sticking by his side. He reluctantly agrees to take Barry to her grave.

Dean approaches Caoimhe and apologises for his behaviour. She forgives him and agrees to go for drinks with him. Eileen overhears Carol and Niamh talking about Barry's previous past mental health issues. Later she sees Barry and Denzo hanging around together and she warns Denzo off Barry. This freaks Denzo out. Judith receives a phone call from Sash's prospective employers. She denies that Sash ever worked there. Caoimhe tries to tell her she was wrong to do that, but Judith won't listen. Later Sash bursts into the surgery, calling Judith a "lying cow". Robert and Caoimhe reveal that she worked there the week Judith was away. Sash tells Robert that he is ashamed of her.

Bob catches Sean binning some of his flyers and penalises him by docking it from his wages. Denzo becomes more paranoid about Barry and what he is capable of. Sash takes her anger out on the Bishop family. Dean offers a peacemaking gift to Caoimhe of a night away in a snazzy hotel - but he happily reveals to Finn that it's a last minute cheap deal. Denzo freaks out at Barry's and refuses to go to Sarah's grave with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Did ye guys know that back in 89 Dr Judith played Dolores
    julyjane wrote: »
    Never knew that :eek:
    I remember there being a new Dolores but I don't remember the old one. That's a bit weird

Yeah, I posted that a while back.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68602365&postcount=9696

She was Dolores for the first year or so. Was also in Upwardly Mobile.

It was really weird when they came face-to-face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I wonder does fair city have the record for the most re-casts ?

I'd say so.

Updated list.

Noeleen McCoy
    Kay McCoy
    Mags Kelly (after one season)
    Dolores Molloy (after one season)
    Wayne Molloy
    Jimmy Doyle (after one or two seasons)
    Yvonne Doyle
    Darren Doyle
    Farrah Phelan
    Farrah Phelan (again)
    Seamus McAleer
    Ciara Mannion
    Dean Dowling
    Floyd Phelan
    Sean Cassidy
    Rachel Brennan
    Bernie Kelly
    Mark Halpin
    Laura Halpin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Is it wrong that I find Rachel really hot...? That voice she puts on, I mean come on...

>_>

I think you're wrong to think that. It's not like she looks older than her age or anything. She is just a child. (Maybe you meant it in an "after hours" style post.)

I don't think so. Check out this recent post.
    I thought the death scene wasn't very believable or the way he turned on Sarah but I can understand that he found out she shopped him and was angry and emotions got the better of him...
    :

I just get the impression that Angel is a serious fan and has the inside track. Possibly friends with someone involved in the show. I'm just guessing.:)

I'm really enjoying FC at the moment. Even with the flaws and periods of poor acting.
    I can't wait to see how Barry is going to keep his conscience under control. He has always tried to be a pillar of society. He has the cloud of suspicion of being a pedophile hanging over him, he's just killed Sarah and now he's involved with the Bishops! How is it all going to end for him?:confused:

I was just thinking. Aren't, Doug, Cleo and Tracy all in London? Sarah was on her way there. If any more FC actors go to London I won't be surprised to see them having a drink in the Queen Vic. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

^^^^^^^^^
    I am a fair city fan, no more no less. I post spoilers that are widely available at a different website and the week preview which is widely available on the Fair City website. Yes I am biased about the show but I didn't realise that being a huge fan was such a crime.

As most (or if not all) are aware, myself, Deelite and CaptainNegative were at the set last year, as we won a competition that was on the RTE website. We met a lot of the cast that day. :)

I prefer to focus on the good about the show, as I try to be as positive as I can within my daily life. I do not work on the show or with RTE but I am available, should they ever require my services ;):D

Hopefully that has answered your question.. :)

In before my previous post. (I'm a slow typist).:o

I was kinda right though.

• Advertisement

I think you're wrong to think that. It's not like she looks older than her age or anything. She is just a child. (Maybe you meant it in an "after hours" style post.)

I don't think so. Check out this recent post.

I just get the impression that Angel is a serious fan and has the inside track. Possibly friends with someone involved in the show. I'm just guessing.:)

I'm really enjoying FC at the moment. Even with the flaws and periods of poor acting.
    I can't wait to see how Barry is going to keep his conscience under control. He has always tried to be a pillar of society. He has the cloud of suspicion of being a pedophile hanging over him, he's just killed Sarah and now he's involved with the Bishops! How is it all going to end for him?:confused:

I was just thinking. Aren't, Doug, Cleo and Tracy all in London? Sarah was on her way there. If any more FC actors go to London I won't be surprised to see them having a drink in the Queen Vic. :D

Not friends with anyone on the show either.. Louie should be glad it isn't him...:D

Don't forget, Caitriona is also in London.. I believe they are recasting the role of Felix (current actor is now gone).. Did Duncan go to London as well? It seems to be Fair City's version of the black cab exit (that EE does!)

Ali lives in Leeds (still surprised it isn't London), I think Mondo and Kira are in Manchester, I think Kylie went to London, Malachy & Lara are in London, Robin went to live in Cork and where did Jimmy go to, probably London too... :D:D

lmao at your mention of the Queen Vic :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

the new Laura looks different ha :) nice for Damo to have some company

123balltv wrote: »
    the new Laura looks different ha :) nice for Damo to have some company

How are we, the audience, supposed to take the new "Laura" seriously when her brother doesnt even recognize her..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Waynes' eyes werent long brighting up when he saw Laura!! :D

That's a first, a Kilkenny fella doesnt want to play hurling!! he we will be disowned im sure.

STIG83 wrote: »
    That's a first, a Kilkenny fella doesnt want to play hurling!! he we will be disowned im sure.

Strangest Killkenny accents I've ever heard.. They must be from the south side of Kilkenny..

Strangest Killkenny accents I've ever heard.. They must be from the south side of Kilkenny..

Very unrealistic TBH, the FC writers mustnt know what a KK person really sounds like.

I think Denzo forgot that her phone will be communicating with the Carrigstown 02 mast... When they search for her they will know that her phone never left Carrigstown... They should have switched off her phone the moment she hopped her head off the table... You think the Bishops would know how to carry out a murder properly

I think Denzo forgot that her phone will be communicating with the Carrigstown 02 mast... When they search for her they will know that her phone never left Carrigstown... They should have switched off her phone the moment she hopped her head off the table... You think the Bishops would know how to carry out a murder properly

Denzo is some tool!! the minute her work place realise she missing, they will tell the police and trace the call back to Barry's :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,180 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wayne is very smooth with the ladies with his chat up lines :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Why the heck is Denzo supposed to care so much about the killing and the cover up of it in the first place? If one of Denzo and Barry had hit Sarah with the door and the other had caused her to bang her head, this partnership in crime would be a lot more believable. Did the writers only spend like, 20 seconds thinking this out? It's grossly inept and half-arsed!

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Why the heck is Denzo supposed to care so much about the killing and the cover up of it in the first place?

Yeah I thought that too.. Why would he dispose of the body... In real life he would have just walked away.. He was in no way culpable for the manslaughter/murder and would never have taken the body away, completely incriminating himself, and putting his own DNA all over the body..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Very unrealistic TBH, the FC writers mustnt know what a KK person really sounds like.

You would think that they would have reshot a scene and stuck it in making reference to the league final between Kilkenny and Dublin on Sunday, Tommy could be arranging to go with Zac

Deise Tom wrote: »
    You would think that they would have reshot a scene and stuck it in making reference to the league final between Kilkenny and Dublin on Sunday, Tommy could be arranging to go with Zac

When they arrived first it was before last year's AI Final, Zac was wearing the jersey :rolleyes: but arent we lucky they dont blow on about it? the framed jersey is a bit too much.

Hopefully the Dubs beat them

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Denzo is some tool!! the minute her work place realise she missing, they will tell the police and trace the call back to Barry's :rolleyes:

I loved the little smile he gave after he hung up, as if he had just saved the day.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wayne is very smooth with the ladies with his chat up lines :p

He is some horn bag, he would get up on a cracked plate if he could.

00047e0f-545.jpg

Fair City Noticeboard

Tony Tormey is all heart!

Yes You Can-Can was the message from giant happy hearts, Fair City's Tony Tormey (Paul Brennan), and TV's favourite maitre d' John Healy with Lidl Ireland's Lizzie Lumsden. Pictured on the streets of Dublin, as they urged volunteers to support the Irish Heart Foundation's (IHF) 21st Happy Heart Weekend appeal this May 12th - 14th.

The charity needs volunteers to help them reach their goal of half a million Euro to launch a heart attack awareness campaign later this year. To volunteer call the IHF on 01 668 5001 or see www.irishheart.ie. Happy Heart Weekend is supported by 2FM and the Irish Daily Star.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I really don't get, I'm sure all this has been said before but they act like such a stereotypical south dublin family except Tommy apparently grows vegetables. Are they originally supposed to come from Sandymount or something and only lived in KK for a few years?

Also Wayne is such a sleaze :D

Yeah I thought that too.. Why would he dispose of the body... In real life he would have just walked away.. He was in no way culpable for the manslaughter/murder and would never have taken the body away, completely incriminating himself, and putting his own DNA all over the body..

Denzo isn't exactly known for his brains... :D

• Advertisement

I really don't get, I'm sure all this has been said before but they act like such a stereotypical south dublin family except Tommy apparently grows vegetables. Are they originally supposed to come from Sandymount or something and only lived in KK for a few years?

Also Wayne is such a sleaze :D

More on them: http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/0907/thedillons.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement