Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,180 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Barry is becoming to John Stape of FC hopefully he knocks off a few others :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Laura: You've changed Damien....

Take a look in the mirror! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

jos28 wrote: »
    ^
    That's him alright, unless he has a twin.

I also recognise the new Laura from somewhere. Any ideas ?

Had the misfortune of catching 'val falvey' last night and she played the sarky daughter in that.

as for her acting, there are much worse than her and in fairness anyone other than the eye rolling D4 original actress is a bonus. she was woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Think the actress playing Laura is pretty woeful at acting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭Speak Now

More Dearbhla please :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Had the misfortune of catching 'val falvey' last night and she played the sarky daughter in that.

ahhhhhh. thank you... thought I knew her from somewhere..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I think the new Laura is great.

The old one was horrendously bad at acting. Even by Fair City standards.....so that says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I think the new Laura is poor, very emotionless when she speaks and not liking her at all..

Had to catch up on episodes, had to laugh when I saw Shebe sitting on the chair :D

Tip for Fair City... when the phone rings, the screen is supposed to light up.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cooltown

I thought the whole Sarah and Barry storyline was rubbish. It was really unrealistic. I was hoping that Barry would kill Christie by mistake and for Christie to have a will wrote leaving all his money and the shop to Carol!
    I thought that would have being good.
    I suppose they won't find Sarah's body at around Christmas.

amdublin wrote: »
    I think the new Laura is great.The old one was horrendously bad at acting. Even by Fair City standards.....so that says it all.

She's an "author" now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

pal page... LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

This Barry storyline is RIDICULOUS in the extreme.

Whatshername (Zumos granny) is like a really bad actress in your local amateur dramatics society - who is wearing too much make up/false tan for a woman her age.

Barry is a dreadful actor. I saw him years ago in the Olympia, in the rocky horror picture show - he played the guy in the wheelchair - and he was acting like barry from fair city:rolleyes:

This 'rural' interest, with the doctors husband and kilkenny, is also a story that has come out of nowhere, we are all confused about his sudden interest in all things kilkenny and if someone could explain why there is a sudden rural interest, it would be much appreciated.

And Deegan, the second worst actor in the Universe - after Leo the ledgend - I'll say no more.

I've tuned out for a while - just turned back on tonight...it seems to be getting worse:rolleyes:

pal page... LOL

lmao... could they not have just said that she's always on the social networking sites... dear god...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Fittle wrote: »
    This 'rural' interest, with the doctors husband and kilkenny, is also a story that has come out of nowhere, we are all confused about his sudden interest in all things kilkenny and if someone could explain why there is a sudden rural interest, it would be much appreciated.

It's not sudden. I am pretty sure their previous location of Kilkenny was mentioned when they were introduced into the show. Or re-introduced in the case of Dr Judith aka The Real Dolores Molloy.

That Dillon storyline is like something out of the Brady bunch...

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    It's not sudden. I am pretty sure their previous location of Kilkenny was mentioned when they were introduced into the show. Or re-introduced in the case of Dr Judith aka The Real Dolores Molloy.

Well I was watching all the time when they moved in...when dolores house was knocked down and they created this amazing pad they now live in - I don't remember anyone having such an interest in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Fittle wrote: »
    Well I was watching all the time when they moved in...when dolores house was knocked down and they created this amazing pad they now live in - I don't remember anyone having such an interest in Kilkenny.

In fairness, they did make a big deal of it at the start. Zak wore a Kilkenny shirt for a while when they moved in, and I definitely remember Leo slagging Tommy about the All-Ireland.

I didn't catch tonight's, but I'm rapt with anticipation of "Pal-Page". Did they really make up an alternative to Facebook? I suppose we'll see Zumo on Twatter now, and Rachel downloading songs from MeTunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 sara_q

Ah here.........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

Don't tell me they are introducing another 'Lezzer' character to the show???

Jeez...do we need another Girl-on-Girl story line????

Is that the best that the writers can come up with??? Their previous attempt with this was brutal!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Did no one wonder how Barry knew Sarahs password to her account.That was shocking mistake by the writers.or was that her laptop???

• Advertisement

eternal wrote: »
    Did no one wonder how Barry knew Sarahs password to her account.That was shocking mistake by the writers.or was that her laptop???

Even if it was her laptop, doesn't mean he should know her account. Its possible that her password was in her phone or something..again, not thought through...fair enough that he would put up a facebook message, but then there's this other alternative facebook thing:confused::confused:
    If they create an alternative to fb, I'll never watch it again because that is something like they would do in 'Days of our Lives' or some other shoddy US soap...

It seems obvious to me that nobody leaves passwords in their phone.i was actually goung to add this in my last post but I didnt think anyone would try abd pass this off as a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

It was her laptop he was using. Highly possible the password was stored on the browser.

Yeah thats why I said that,at least thats plausible.hes going down though,not only for murder but now for laundering too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

It was her laptop...quite plausible that the password was stored by her browser.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

danh789 wrote: »
    Suspiria, can you tell me what you found so terrible about Luara? Why did you think she was shockingly bad?

I think Laura is a hottie also. They have quite a number of hot actresses now (one thing you won't hear me complaining about).

I also wouldn't be too hasty to judge her acting, acting for the first time without proper direction can't be easy. The whole revealing she was a lesbian bit was a disaster...... completely normal for Fair City and I wouldn't in any way blame her for that.

Hot ? Jees I think shes only alright looking.then most guys on fair city are rough.i mean whos worse ,damien or wayne? Finn is nice looking though has to be said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

eternal wrote: »
    Hot ? Jees I think shes only alright looking.then most guys on fair city are rough.i mean whos worse ,damien or wayne? Finn is nice looking though has to be said.

I think so. Fair City used to have quite plain girls for a long time. (Cleo, Niamh, Yvonne, Connie, Carol, Tracy, Sarah, dare I say Jo Fahy....). I think she looks good and has a nice body. Suzanne was practically one of the few good looking girls we continually saw, I think Una would just qualify also. Also if you aren't sexually attracted to females then I don't think you can really say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

It was her laptop...quite plausible that the password was stored by her browser.

yeah definitely. like that was real facebook they showed (they must have just made a fake account) ... but to call it pal page... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sure a few years ago when bebo was all the rage, they called it mee-mo on FC... hahahahaha and it looked kinda like bebo and all. it was the story where mark was being bullied in school.

• Advertisement

I think so. Fair City used to have quite plain girls for a long time. (Cleo, Niamh, Yvonne, Connie, Carol, Tracy, Sarah, dare I say Jo Fahy....). I think she looks good and has a nice body. Suzanne was practically one of the few good looking girls we continually saw, I think Una would just qualify also. Also if you aren't sexually attracted to females then I don't think you can really say.
    I am speechless .Everyone knows women can assess looks on both sexes.Why so are most heads of model agents women? unlesss of course you want to tell me they are all lesbians .
    Suzanne are you mad? shes shocking looking .Una also is rough as houses.
    I think Yvonne is very attractive and Niamh wouldnt have been picked for those sexy washing ads only that she has natural beauty .Carol also has something ,cant quite but explain.Sarah as well ,jesus actually all your list of plain women are all ten million times hotter than Suzanne and Una.
    I suppose it must be true beauty is in the eye of the beholder .Cleo is beautiful looking if she lost the dub act .Im amazed at this .
    maybe its true men prefer ugly women .I didnt believe it till now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement