Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

pal page

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Fittle wrote: »
    Even if it was her laptop, doesn't mean he should know her account. Its possible that her password was in her phone or something..again, not thought through...fair enough that he would put up a facebook message, but then there's this other alternative facebook thing:confused::confused:
    If they create an alternative to fb, I'll never watch it again because that is something like they would do in 'Days of our Lives' or some other shoddy US soap...

Don't be so ridiculous, they do the exact same in every soap, they would have to pay Facebook loyalties to mention it. Corrie, Eastenders, Neighbours do the exact same.

Ever hear of someone not deleting cookies or temp internet files in their browser??? Go to the site, already logged in....

Seriously some people just look for any excuse to have a dig at Fair City. :rolleyes: You might actually do us a favour if you don't bother watching it, I am sure Fair City will feel such a huge loss as not having you watching :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

eternal wrote: »
    Hot ? Jees I think shes only alright looking.then most guys on fair city are rough.i mean whos worse ,damien or wayne? Finn is nice looking though has to be said.

There is nothing wrong with Damien or Wayne, I quite like Wayne :D

Why don't you show us your picture, if you are so perfect and able to judge so many then...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

rawr! i smell a cat fight! :p

always remember people - diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks......................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Once again, angel takes it personally when someone slates FC:rolleyes:

I have yet to hear EE or CS mention 'pal page' and I'll continue to watch and continue to slate, if slating is necessary thank you very much. I didn't realise you were the FC police!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

I think so. Fair City used to have quite plain girls for a long time. (Cleo, Niamh, Yvonne, Connie, Carol, Tracy, Sarah, dare I say Jo Fahy....). I think she looks good and has a nice body. Suzanne was practically one of the few good looking girls we continually saw, I think Una would just qualify also. Also if you aren't sexually attracted to females then I don't think you can really say.
    I presume u mean the women in brackets are the hot ones because all of them are...suzanne is awful...laura can be added to the hot list..also what is this pal page or whatever its called about..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

closeline wrote: »
    I presume u mean the women in brackets are the hot ones because all of them are...suzanne is awful...laura can be added to the hot list..also what is this pal page or whatever its called about..

Agreed on the women stuff!

Someone made a reference to sarah's 'pal page' when they were obviously talking about facebook. Why they didn't just use the term 'internet networking site' if they can't actually say the words facebook, is beyond me:rolleyes:

Once again, angel takes it personally when someone slates FC:rolleyes:

I have yet to hear EE or CS mention 'pal page' and I'll continue to watch and continue to slate, if slating is necessary thank you very much. I didn't realise you were the FC police!

Eastenders mention matesgate all the time as they can't mention Facebook.

Here you go: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1345348

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1270958&highlight=corrie+facebook

It is quite sad that you enjoy spending your time on negative things but each to their own..

I am standing up for a show that I like, nothing wrong with that. If you don't like that, add me to your ignore list :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

This 'rural' interest, with the doctors husband and kilkenny, is also a story that has come out of nowhere, we are all confused about his sudden interest in all things kilkenny and if someone could explain why there is a sudden rural interest, it would be much appreciated.

:confused::confused:
    With respect, Fittle, you really can't be serious. There have been lots of references to the Dillons coming from Kilkenny since the day they arrived. Zak was wearing a Kilkenny jersey when they arrived. There was that story of Tommy wanting to grow vegetables in the park, the story of organic beef that he said he could source from a friend back home, the organic veg that he has been selling for months comes from Kilkenny, didn't he use his motorbike on the farm? And so on, and so on, and so on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

With respect, Fittle, you really can't be serious. There have been lots of references to the Dillons coming from Kilkenny since the day they arrived. Zak was wearing a Kilkenny jersey when they arrived. There was that story of Tommy wanting to grow vegetables in the park, the story of organic beef that he said he could source from a friend back home, the organic veg that he sells himself (does he still do that?) comes from Kilkenny, as far as I remember, didn't he use his motorbike on the farm? And so on, and so on, and so on.....
    Yeah they always mention Kilkenny every now and again. It was mentioned many times when they first arrived that they were from Kilkenny. Also they have a framed jersey in their house. I dont think some people pay enough attention....Too busy thinking of something to slag the show over...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I think so. Fair City used to have quite plain girls for a long time. (Cleo, Niamh, Yvonne, Connie, Carol, Tracy, Sarah, dare I say Jo Fahy....). I think she looks good and has a nice body. Suzanne was practically one of the few good looking girls we continually saw, I think Una would just qualify also. Also if you aren't sexually attracted to females then I don't think you can really say.

Eh, yes you can. I'm a straight woman and I think Niamh and Yvonne are beautiful. Moving on..
    With respect, Fittle, you really can't be serious. There have been lots of references to the Dillons coming from Kilkenny since the day they arrived. Zak was wearing a Kilkenny jersey when they arrived. There was that story of Tommy wanting to grow vegetables in the park, the story of organic beef that he said he could source from a friend back home, the organic veg that he has been selling for months comes from Kilkenny, didn't he use his motorbike on the farm? And so on, and so on, and so on.....

Was just about to say that, anyone who thinks the "rural interest" is sudden obviously didn't watch ANY episode involving wooden Tommy and his bloody vegetables. i.e, the majority of the first couple of weeks after the Dillons arrived.

What I want to know is where the heck this Barry storyline is going - will he end up in a nuthouse or is he going to kill again? Anyone remember the storyline with his first wife Laura? She went a bit bonkers if I remember. I find the whole thing very weird - someone dies accidentally, then you have a cover-up, burial, money laundering, blackmail - what next, is Barry going to start dealing?

EDIT: was it Barry or Bela who was going out with the blonde Laura years ago? I have a mental image of her being carted away in a straitjacket but I may possibly be making this up. No idea. Anyone? Or was it Linda...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

FC is imo absolutely terrible at the moment for a variety of reasons. Firstly, how did Damian and Mark know that Laura is a lesbian? When she left years ago she was no more than a child, and she hadn't come-out before her departure. Whilst she had been away there was little or no contact from her. She hasn't come-out since her arrival. Yet they knew. Secondly why would a supposedely intelligent man like Barry not have called the emergency services as he accidently killed Sarah and did not murder her. Thirdly why would he allow a dimwit like Denzo to blackmail him and let him "dispose" of the body. Barry shows no shock, sadness, or grief for his "friend". He does not convey any emotion. Whoever writes this drivel watches too much Corrie and then try to replicate it to FC. It very definetely does not work. Corrie (and it can be poor sometimes) is light years aheas of FC. It is time FC got their act together and axe the deadwood actors and writers before it is too late. I love FC, but lately I find it boring, tedious and predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

EDIT: was it Barry or Bela who was going out with the blonde Laura years ago? I have a mental image of her being carted away in a straitjacket but I may possibly be making this up. No idea. Anyone? Or was it Linda...

I think it was Barry - wasn't his first wife called Linda - think she lost a baby & had some sort of breakdown? Not sure if that is quite accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,180 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

rogercar wrote: »
    FC is imo absolutely terrible at the moment for a variety of reasons. Firstly, how did Damian and Mark know that Laura is a lesbian? When she left years ago she was no more than a child, and she hadn't come-out before her departure. Whilst she had been away there was little or no contact from her. She hasn't come-out since her arrival. Yet they knew. Secondly why would a supposedely intelligent man like Barry not have called the emergency services as he accidently killed Sarah and did not murder her. Thirdly why would he allow a dimwit like Denzo to blackmail him and let him "dispose" of the body. Barry shows no shock, sadness, or grief for his "friend". He does not convey any emotion. Whoever writes this drivel watches too much Corrie and then try to replicate it to FC. It very definetely does not work. Corrie (and it can be poor sometimes) is light years aheas of FC. It is time FC got their act together and axe the deadwood actors and writers before it is too late. I love FC, but lately I find it boring, tedious and predictable.

Laura had been in contact with Mark while she was in Galway so he knew and she told Damo about her break up with her girlfriend recently

I agree that Sarah's death storyline has been rubbish which I assume will drag on until Christmas maybe when her body is discovered and Denzo arrested :rolleyes:

Yes Barry was married to Linda (she was pregnant by Bela after they had an affair)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Laura had been in contact with Mark while she was in Galway so he knew and she told Damo about her break up with her girlfriend recently

I agree that Sarah's death storyline has been rubbish which I assume will drag on until Christmas maybe when her body is discovered and Denzo arrested :rolleyes:

Yes Barry was married to Linda (she was pregnant by Bela after they had an affair)
    Re. Laura. Did that happen on-screen? I don't remember it and I don't think I have missed any episodes recently. I really thought the scene with Wayne trying to chat-up Laura was so contrived. That said I think she is an ok actress and the guy who plays Wayne is good. FC try to do comedy and they can't.

Mark was in contact with Laura I believe and she told Mark by phone call that she is a lesbian, guess she will hook up with Yvonne..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's that time of year again folks... The 2nd annual Boards.ie Soap Awards!!!
    Get your nominations in for all your favourite soaps before May 31st...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056255455

Be sure to read the opening post carefully before nominating...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I reckon that Dearbhla looks like Suzanne's younger, prettier sister..

644_4a8015bf897a5.jpg

discuss.. :-)

FC is imo absolutely terrible at the moment for a variety of reasons. Firstly, how did Damian and Mark know that Laura is a lesbian?

Yer all wrong :) For once I was paying attention - Shortly after Laura came back, she was chatting to Damien and he asked her casually if she was seeing anyone - she said "I broke up with someone". Damien said "Oh, sorry - what was his name?" and she replied with a girls name. Can't remember exact name but it was an obviously female name and Damien just went "oh". He asked Mark after if he knew and Mark said he did, Damien got annoyed and asked Mark why he didn't tell him, and Mark said "It wasn't for me to tell". Damien said thanks for not telling Laura the truth about Suzanne, and Mark again said "It's not for me to tell".

I'm really, really hoping that this Barry stuff isn't going to be on until Christmas. I wonder how many more times Deegan will ask him "Is that fella hassling you?" whenever he sees him with thingy Bishop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Laura told Damian and Mark a couple of episodes ago that she was gay.

I reckon Barry just panicked when he realised he had killed Sarah. He was already under a lot of stress from the whole Peado allegations. Okay, so it may not be the most believable storyline in the world, but, IT'S A SOAP OPERA! It's not real life! Ridiculous things happen in soapland. How many fires, explosions, murders have there been over the last few years in EE and CS? I enjoy FC for what it is.... a soap opera. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I'd like to see the writers take some inspiration from Breaking Bad and turn Barry into the Walter White of Carrigstown.

Like Walter, Barry has played by the rules all his life, always doing the right thing, playing fair and never taking advantage of a situation or putting his own interests first and where has it got him? - middle-aged, alone and on the dole with best friends that will accuse him of being a paedophile on the flimsiest of evidence!

If anyone deserves to break bad it's Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I'd like to see the writers take some inspiration from Breaking Bad and turn Barry into the Walter White of Carrigstown.

Like Walter, Barry has played by the rules all his life, always doing the right thing, playing fair and never taking advantage of a situation or putting his own interests first and where has it got him? - middle-aged, alone and on the dole with best friends that will accuse him of being a paedophile on the flimsiest of evidence!

That'd be awesome... :D

EPIC!! Or, they could recreate this in The Hungry Pig:

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

You should bribe your way into the writers' room and pitch that exact idea. It would make for a brilliant year or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Well it is kinda heading that way now that he's involved with the Bishops. Maybe we will see him convincing Eileen that drugs are the way to go to make some real cash. And following the Breaking Bad scenario, I'd love to see him cooking crystal meth with Denzo.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Shatzie

Newly registered but I've been following this thread for months.

I'm a big Fair City fan and I'm loving the murder storyline. I was so bored with Carol/Christy/louie and I feel the show is really back on track now.

Shatzie wrote: »
    Newly registered but I've been following this thread for months.

I'm a big Fair City fan and I'm loving the murder storyline. I was so bored with Carol/Christy/louie and I feel the show is really back on track now.

Welcome to the thread Shatzie, the more the merrier! :)

I think it has given Barry a reincarnation, about time he had another good storyline, I am enjoying it too :D

Just a reminder... last day is tomorrow to ask Pat Nolan (Barry) questions in the meet the actor segment on the RTE Fair City website. If you have questions, send them via email to faircity@rte.ie or via Twitter, send a tweet to @rtefaircity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

They mentioned the word Facebook on Home and Away a couple of days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

eternal wrote: »
    I am speechless .Everyone knows women can assess looks on both sexes.Why so are most heads of model agents women? unlesss of course you want to tell me they are all lesbians .
    Suzanne are you mad? shes shocking looking .Una also is rough as houses.
    I think Yvonne is very attractive and Niamh wouldnt have been picked for those sexy washing ads only that she has natural beauty .Carol also has something ,cant quite but explain.Sarah as well ,jesus actually all your list of plain women are all ten million times hotter than Suzanne and Una.
    I suppose it must be true beauty is in the eye of the beholder .Cleo is beautiful looking if she lost the dub act .Im amazed at this .
    maybe its true men prefer ugly women .I didnt believe it till now.

I think you have a terrible taste. Don't reply to me again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement