Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

closeline wrote: »
    They mentioned the word Facebook on Home and Away a couple of days ago.

I think they have relaxed product placement in Australia, they constantly show the Apple logo non stop, doesn't happen in the UK...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I think you have a terrible taste. Don't reply to me again.
    How do you know what I taste like.
    You must be the only man alive who thinks suzanne is better looking than the others.ask your mates.they will die laughing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

eternal wrote: »
    How do you know what I taste like.
    You must be the only man alive who thinks suzanne is better looking than the others.ask your mates.they will die laughing.

I asked you not to reply to me. You are incoherent, unreliable and totally just.... ridiculous.

Plenty of people here before and elsewhere agreed that Suzanne is really hot. I also questioned whether you can say a woman is attractive IN THE SAME WAY if you're not attracted to them sexually. Now leave me alone, your talk is crazy. I didn't come in attacking something subjective you were saying and making a mockery of it, when in fact the vast majority of people agree that Suzanne is hot.

I used to not think Suzanne was what I would call hot, but she changed. She got thinner and fitter, and plenty of people here agreed with me.

How dare you, a female, question what I find sexually attractive in a woman. What a farce. You said you were speechless, why didn't you just remain that way? I've been tried to be drawn into some ridiculous arguments before but this is one of the stupidest ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Is that Felix on RTE1 now playing Farah Noor in the scissors sisters documentary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

julyjane wrote: »
    Is that Felix on RTE1 now playing Farah Noor in the scissors sisters documentary?

I just watched it.. I think you're right.. good spot..

And he did disappear very suddenly from Carrigstown alright.. so it all seems to fit..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Suzanne hot :eek: did they change actress :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Suzanne is hot?

Laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

this aint hotornot.com can we move on please!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Temaz wrote: »
    Suzanne is hot?

Laughable.
    I dont personally find her attractive, but each to their own. It would be a sad world if we all had the same opinions !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

angel01 wrote: »
    I think they have relaxed product placement in Australia, they constantly show the Apple logo non stop, doesn't happen in the UK...

You would think they would be glad of the advertising.

• Advertisement

Anyhow...moving on.... This week:

000482cf-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 073

Tuesday 3rd May

Caoimhe can't wipe the smile off her face.

Christy lets the shop fall apart, much to Bob's delight.

After the counterfeit money starts to show, a Garda pays a trip to The Station, witnessed by a distressed Barry.

Seán gives Christy a wake-up call and Christy gives Seán his marching orders!

Judith questions Sash's integrity when Robert trusts her with his laptop.

Seán turns to Bob in search of some income.

Denzo hits the bottle again, and turns up on Barry's doorstep.

Written by John Fagan

000482d3-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 074

Wednesday 4th May

Caoimhe puts pressure on a reluctant Dean to book a romantic holiday.

Bob enjoys being Seán's boss!

Niamh encourages Barry to go for lunch, and Rachel asks him to start the grinds again.

Niamh's unwanted help doesn't receive gratitude, but she proves a good shoulder to cry on.

Robert helps Sash with her interview techniques.

Louie is next in line to help out a disgruntled Christy.

Caoimhe surprises Dean with a holiday, not that he's impressed with being a kept man!

Written by Nick Wilkinson

000482d4-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 075

Thursday 5th May

Bob rattles Christy at the mention of Eunice.
    Sash shows off her new image.
    Barry shows up at the surgery, looking for some help in sleeping. A confused Judith suggests he visit Gina's grave, to get some peace of mind.
    Robert gives Dean some love life advice.
    Barry to tries get information from Denzo on where he buried Sarah's body.
    Eileen eavesdrops in McCoys!
    Tensions rise in the Bishop household.
    Dean gives Robert some love life advice!
    Written by Carmel Callan

000482d5-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 076

Sunday 8th May

Barry convinces Denzo to change his mind and bring him to Sarah's body.
    Robert and Sash make peace with each other.
    Barry and Denzo take a walk up the mountains.
    Caoimhe invites Dean around for Sunday lunch with the Dillons. And Judith attempts to get better acquainted with him.
    Bob has an idea!
    Dean gets cosy with the Dillons, but gets a welcome dig-out from Finn.
    Christy returns to McCoys. Could all be forgiven?
    Written by Carmel Callan
    Studio Director Gary Agnew
    Location Director Shirley Dalton

Sunday
    Barry, who is in a state of dishevelment, leaves his house. Christy reveals to Louie that he is not leaving and he hasn't got the better of him. Louie tells him that he is missed in McCoys and not to let Bob win. Barry calls to Denzo and insists that he is going to Sarah's grave. Zumo freaks Denzo out even more by saying that Barry reminds him of Hannibal Lecter. But Barry forces him to do as he says, threatening to claim that it was Denzo who killed Sarah as his DNA is all over her as well.

Robert meets Sash and tells her that he called the company and informed them that the reference was genuine but the job was gone. She thanks him and admits that she is sick of being associated with the Bishops. Denzo brings Barry to the Wicklow Mountains and walks him into the wilderness. Denzo struggles to hide the fact that he can't remember where he buried her body. He reveals his vulnerability and how his father beat hatred into him and how he killed his beloved dog when he was younger.

But Barry and Denzo get into an argument and Denzo then pulls a knife on Barry. Barry realises that Denzo is really afraid of him and sees him as a murderer. There is a struggle and Barry gets the knife from him. He demands to see the grave. They find the grave and Barry tries to find solace by saying goodbye to Sarah.

Judith meets Robert and he says to her that Sash has to tell her mother she didn't get the job because of her. He gives Judith food for thought by saying she won't give Sash a chance because she's a Bishop. Bob tells Sean to go over to Phelans and give flyers to customers outside the shop. Sean refuses and Bob fires him. Judith goes to meet Sash and attempts to make amends with her. Sash refuses her apology.

A loved up Caoimhe decides to invite Dean for a Sunday lunch with her family. He agrees but Robert spooks him about meeting the parents. He calls to the house and feels awkward and overwhelmed by the Dillon family. Niamh pushes Sean to look for his money from Christy and when he does, Christy suggests a drink later. He gives him a hundred euro to tide him over. Sash and Judith make amends. Judith offers her part time work in the surgery.

Christy braves McCoys bar. Finn and Dean meets for pints and he scoffs at Dean for being intimidated by the Dillons and admits that he would love to have a Dillon girl on his arm. Barry and Denzo go back to Barry's house. They drink together and Barry tells Denzo that seeing her grave failed to bring him any peace. Denzo reveals that he will never get his life back and is destroyed by what they have done. He tells Barry he's on his own from now on.

Tuesday
    Judith is shocked by Barry's appearance and advises him to seek spiritual solace. Dean confides in Robert his concern at being treated like an in-law by the Dillons. Damien is surprised when Mark arrives home and asks if he can stay, as he can't study in his apartment. In Monastery Avenue, Zumo pressures Denzo to start pulling his weight more in the house and pay the rent, but Sash confides in Zumo that she is worried about Denzo.

Laura bumps into Suzanne and can't resist having a dig at her, saying that they are redecorating their home and will be very fussy with what and who they have in the house from now on. When Neasa queries Caoimhe's relationship with Dean, Caoimhe announces that she is moving in with him to annoy Neasa. Judith is informed of this and Caoimhe is forced to play along with it. She meets Dean and talks to him about moving out of the house. She assumes that Dean is in agreement of moving in together.

Dolores persuades Wayne to help Pete on a new job in Carol's house. Mark admits to Laura that he can't control his hatred towards Suzanne. Fr Bertie calls to Barry's house and encourages him to admit to any wrongdoing. Just as Barry is going to confess, Denzo walks in and interrupts what Barry was going to say. Barry is forced to ask Fr Bertie to leave. In Carol's house, Wayne tries to shrink from his duties and a fed up Pete asks him to remove the skirting boards. While doing the job, he finds a bag of watches. Thinking that he has hidden treasure he tries to persuade Pete to let him stay on late to work. Pete refuses and Wayne has to leave the watches behind.

An overjoyed Caoimhe tells Neasa how enthusiastic Dean is to move in with her. They go to the Station to celebrate and they see Dean there. They decide to pull a prank and call him from their seat but he humiliates Caoimhe by ignoring her call. She storms out. Robert urges Dean that he needs to be honest with Caoimhe and break it off with her.

Denzo gets a six pack of beer and drinks alone in the park, but he can't bear to be on his own and turns to Barry again for company. Barry feels trapped when he realises that he is Denzo's only ally.

Wednesday

ds_logo.png

Home > Soaps > Fair City > Spoiler

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Soaps

mini_show_header_fair_city.jpg

Mark tries to control his anger at Suzanne

Airs on Wednesday, May 11 2011 20:00 BST on By Ryan Love, Entertainment Reporter

Send to friend More optionsSoapsfeed.png
    Fair Cityfeed.png

soaps_fair_city_mark.jpg
    © RTÉ

Zumo sees Barry and Denzo together and realises that Denzo stayed the night at Barry's house. He demands to know what hold Denzo has over Barry. Denzo pretends that Barry is in need of cash and is laundering the money for a cut of 30%. Judith discovers that Caoimhe and Dean had a fight, but Caoimhe won't tell her what happened. Zumo sees Wayne looking online at the type of watches he found in Carol's and comments that they are expensive and could sell for €2,000.

Mark feels furious when he sees how everyone is back talking to Suzanne. Barry is cornered by Niamh and agrees to her suggestion that he should have a party in his house. Laura chats to Mark about his hatred of Suzanne. She tells him that he needs to get over it because Damien is trying to move on with his life. Wayne fails to persuade Pete to get back into Carol's apartment for the watches. He admits to Pete about the watches but Pete tells him he wants nothing to do with it and they should tell Carol.

Caoimhe talks to Robert about Dean, and Robert tries to guide her in the right direction. Wayne learns that Carol is showing people around her apartment and retrieves the watches when Carol isn't looking. Barry watches nervously as Finn warns Zumo to keep out of the Station and to keep his stolen money out of Carrigstown. Robert meets Dean and insists that he should come clean to Caoimhe about his feelings.

Zumo meets Barry and threatens him about trying to take 30% from the laundered money. Denzo comes along and breaks it up and Barry and Denzo pretends that he will only take 10% from now on. Dean meets Caoimhe in Vinos and tells her that he wants to slow down their relationship. She realises that he never wanted to move in with her but does her best to put on a brave face.

Wayne meets Zumo in the Hungry Pig to sell the watches to him but Pete sees this and puts a stop to it. They go back to Damien's house but refuse to leave one another alone with the watches. They begin a 'Mexican standoff'.

Barry panics thinking that no-one is going to turn up to his party but soon everyone starts to arrive. He tries to ignore texts and calls from Denzo, who is lonely and wants to hang out with him. Denzo calls to McCoys and learns that Barry is having a party. He calls to the house and angrily accuses Barry of thinking he is not good enough. Barry manages to get rid of him without anyone seeing, but a couple of minutes later a brick is thrown through the window, ruining the night.

Thursday
    Barry sees Denzo asleep on a park bench. He goes over to him and is frustrated when Denzo admits he feels abandoned by Barry. He later meets Zumo, who is impressed to hear that Denzo has been intimidating Barry. Damien and Mark are surprised to find that Pete and Wayne have stayed up all night watching Alfred Hitchcock movies. Pete and Wayne agree to split the profits from the watches.

Finn tells Barry that he cannot have the Bishops hanging around the Station and tells him that he needs to get rid of them. The extractor fan in Vinos goes and Suzanne has to shut down the café for the day. Dean asks her if he can stay on and work as he needs the money. Denzo announces to Sash and Zumo that he is going to go straight. Zumo laughs at him but Sash encourages his attempt to make a better life for himself.

Caoimhe learns from Suzanne that Dean will be working on his own in Vinos for the day. She sees Dean and chats to him and he is delighted that they can stay friends. Denzo approaches Barry and insists that he get him a job in the Station. Barry pretends to ask for Denzo and tells him that there are no jobs available, but later a drunk Denzo accosts Finn for not giving him one and learns that Barry never asked in the first place.

Dolores sees Wayne and Pete asleep and sees the bag of watches in between them. She takes them as she assumes they are for the Helping Hand. Later, the pair wake, realise what has happened and rush to the charity shop. They are shocked to learn that Dolores has sold them to Zumo for ten euro each. They try to get them back from Zumo and fail.

Caoimhe calls to Vinos and shocks Dean when she arrives wearing a coat and a sexy nurse's outfit underneath. She tells him that she wants to play a game and dominate him. She blindfolds him and orders him to strip. A delighted Dean does so, but she collects his clothes and phone and leaves him there. He realises he has been duped and runs out of Vinos with only an apron wrapped around him. People see him and laugh at his embarrassment. Laura tells Mark how great he is for studying but fails to notice how much he is struggling with it. Denzo meets Barry and reminds him that he is forever indebted to him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

What the hell happened at the end there? Why was Denzo so mad at Barry?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

I watched on Sunday and tonights episode didnt flow at all? I missed last weeks episodes so maybe that explains it can someone answer my questions -

What happened to Tracy and Dean (my fave FC couple! Being in France I missed most of that storyline but I thought they went off together explaining their absence)
    When did Dean come back?
    When did Dean get with Caoimhe?
    Wheres Tracy!?!?!?

Thanks very much in advance!

I watched on Sunday and tonights episode didnt flow at all? I missed last weeks episodes so maybe that explains it can someone answer my questions -

What happened to Tracy and Dean (my fave FC couple! Being in France I missed most of that storyline but I thought they went off together explaining their absence)
    When did Dean come back?
    When did Dean get with Caoimhe?
    Wheres Tracy!?!?!?

Thanks very much in advance!
    Tracy thought that Dean cheated on her so she moved to London.
    Dean got together with Caoimhe a couple of months ago.

max life wrote: »
    Tracy thought that Dean cheated on her so she moved to London.
    Dean got together with Caoimhe a couple of months ago.

Ah right Dean hasn't been around for ages (been back on the FC since about the start of last month)

Is Tracy gone for good then?

Ah right Dean hasn't been around for ages (been back on the FC since about the start of last month)

Is Tracy gone for good then?
    No, she was pregnant in real life. So i reckon, she will be back before the end of the year.

max life wrote: »
    No, she was pregnant in real life. So i reckon, she will be back before the end of the year.

Excellent news thanks very much for your answers! I've only found out how to watch it online so I'm relatively new back to this but it's great to see home even if it's just an episode every here and there!

Thanks again!

Excellent news thanks very much for your answers! I've only found out how to watch it online so I'm relatively new back to this but it's great to see home even if it's just an episode every here and there!

Thanks again!
    Glad to be of help !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Tapes

The funny thing is they did mention facebook on fair city before when tracy ran off dean ask deegan for advice and deegan told him to look for her on facebook, So i have no idea what the writers are on about now with their "pal page" pal page lol

• Advertisement

Tapes wrote: »
    The funny thing is they did mention facebook on fair city before when tracy ran off dean ask deegan for advice and deegan told him to look for her on facebook, So i have no idea what the writers are on about now with their "pal page" pal page lol

Facebook probably came calling for their money :D

I am enjoying this story with Barry & Denzo, Denzo isn't handling it well, turning to the drink, stress is getting to Barry... it will all end in tears :eek:

Dean really needs a decent story, he clearly won't last with Caoimhe and I would like another story with him & Leo... :)

I have been thinking about the Brady Bunch (a la dillons), that place must be spotless the amount of chores they all have... Do Judith & Tommy ever manage to do any ;):D

I can see Bob taking the shop off Christy's hands and turning it into a spar style shop! Bob will be the new Louie...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

And i suppose it's only a matter of time before the 'beautiful people' in fair city get it together - Neasa and Finn! Haven't noticed anything between them but it's bound to happen at some point, amazed it hasn't already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i can't wait for tracey to return!! i hope it's soon! it feels like she's been gone a year! (maybe she has?)

at least they didn't say pal page again last night.. they said "on her profile"

oh yea, what was the story with the yellow envelope on barry's couch that he kept looking at and stressing over at the beginning of the show last night?
    then at the end he's scrubbing what i imagine to be blood from the skirting boards (i never saw any blood get squirted out of sarah when she hit the floor) and he cut his finger off the board?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

The Barry stuff is starting to get interesting again. Paranoia setting in now, and im wondering what will happen. I really would love him to take a "breaking bad" type of turn. His character is ideal for it.
    I really cant stand Caoimhe. Her constant sour face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I can't stand Caoimhe either, the other two sisters are lovely. I'd love to see Dean with a decent storyline - his character is being completely wasted on rubbish. And he's a ride. :D

The Barry/Denzo stuff is getting more interesting - someone's gonna snap, I could see Barry losing the head with him and doing him in yet...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Thanks again!
    How do you watch it online...lucky fella who ever the father of Tracy's child is..Now she is unbelievabley hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If Barry is sticking around and not planning on leaving the show, i would say the best thing for him to do is waste denzo and bury him!!

(got hooked on this story lately...watching barry and denzo freak out is classic stuff, barry going all shakespeare seeing blood everywhere! brilliant)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

angel01 wrote: »
    Don't be so ridiculous, they do the exact same in every soap, they would have to pay Facebook loyalties to mention it. Corrie, Eastenders, Neighbours do the exact same.

Ever hear of someone not deleting cookies or temp internet files in their browser??? Go to the site, already logged in....

Seriously some people just look for any excuse to have a dig at Fair City. :rolleyes: You might actually do us a favour if you don't bother watching it, I am sure Fair City will feel such a huge loss as not having you watching :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Angel you seriously need to accept that people have criticisms of the show - on any of the other soap threads there is praise & derision in equal measure - it's half the craic of watching a soap. It's really irritating that you leap to defense of every aspect of the show and get so pi**ed off with people for pointing out things that they don't like about it. A lot of us get enjoyment out of the slightly shoddy quality of FC and get a laugh out of discussing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Most likely posted very recently but don't have the time to check. "Sarah O'Leary's" facebook profile.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002260782826&sk=wall

I've been loving the storylines these days. Barry and Denzo's are great. I can Barry flipping out at Denzo really soon.!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

when in fact the vast majority of people agree that Suzanne is hot.

Eh? poll results please!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement