Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Anyone notice the beer Denzo was drinking in Tuesday nights episode?
    O Hara's stout, a good plug for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

CiaranK wrote: »
    Most likely posted very recently but don't have the time to check. "Sarah O'Leary's" facebook profile.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002260782826&sk=wall

haha that's gas. now we know when those scenes were filmed.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

That Facebook profile is so funny!! Fair play to them for actually setting it up & leaving it there, I love Fair City :D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

I've given up on EE ,Corrie and Emmerdale. Im just sick of the whole evening being taken up with these soaps. Now I caught a bit of fair city lately with the Sarah death and it looks like a good laugh . kind of so bad its good. Ive read back through the threads to try to get the whole storyline related to it.
    , Am I 20 or so years too late to start watching Fair City?
    Can anyone fill me in a point two just so I know the general gist of the latest important characters?

tishandy wrote: »
    I've given up on EE ,Corrie and Emmerdale. Im just sick of the whole evening being taken up with these soaps. Now I caught a bit of fair city lately with the Sarah death and it looks like a good laugh . kind of so bad its good. Ive read back through the threads to try to get the whole storyline related to it.
    , Am I 20 or so years too late to start watching Fair City?
    Can anyone fill me in a point two just so I know the general gist of the latest important characters?

Its like Home and Away, once you start watch a few episodes, you will get right into it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

angel01 wrote: »
    Facebook probably came calling for their money :D

Not really, Facebook would probably be delighted to get a mention in 99% of circumstances. In the notorious "product placement" phenomenon the brand will pay the soap opera.

Maybe it was Fair City who came looking for product placement royalties and Facebook laughed them out the door. :P

Or here's another theory: Maybe because it was to do with a crime and to do with death, they need to ensure that they do no mention any brand names because these companies would not want to be associated with such things as murder etc. Brands do care a lot about what they're associated with, which is why putting sex etc. in things can cause companies to stop advertising even if they are getting high advertisements. Of course, Fair City themselves wouldn't think of something like this, but it might be in directors' textbooks or some other type of manuals/directions they needed to follow.

optogirl wrote: »
    Eh? poll results please!

Fine, I take this back as I don't know. But I do know that I find her attractive and used to not find her attractive, and when I came on here about a year ago I found other people agreeing about how she had actually become fit and hot working in the restaurant.

Maybe also people won't notice her as being attractive anymore because there are lots of new girls who came in.

I was really taken aback by that poster's remarks, such as saying things like: "You must be the only man alive who thinks suzanne is better looking than the others.ask your mates.they will die laughing." and: "Suzanne are you mad? shes shocking looking .Una also is rough as houses." and: "maybe its true men prefer ugly women .I didnt believe it till now.", out of nowhere. So maybe "vast majority" was an exaggeration. However several people did agree that Suzanne was after becoming hot after a couple of scenes with her being hot in them, and I do claim that at least close to a majority of people if not the vast majority do find Suzanne hot. Saying someone is "hot" is hardly that amazing a compliment, she's vastly hotter than Yvonne or Clio or Niamh for god's sakes at any rate.

All of this was without provocation so I think that poster has some issues, cannot be polite and I hope this doesn't cause another loony reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

RTE wins the planning showdown, they get to keep the sets as they are for 3 years..
    RTE has won a battle with Dublin City Council over its Fair City sets with the broadcaster now allowed to retain the structures for three years.
    In its ruling, the council had granted permission for a one-year timeframe but Montrose chiefs appealed the decision.

Now, An Bord Pleanala has come down on the side of RTE.
    The board agreed that the council was entitled to limit the duration of the permission but said the conditions should be amended to allow for an increase from one to three years.

It considered a three-year limit appropriate as it would allow time for RTE to relocate the set, while also "providing for continuity in filming of the drama series". While RTE was granted the extension, the time period is still some way short of the 10 years it had originally sought.

The broadcaster was allowed keep the sets in place despite strong objections -- including those of Ambassador Busso von Alvensleben of Germany.

In a letter to the council, he had complained of explosions and all-night works on the set at Montrose in Dublin 4.

Official functions at the embassy have been disrupted by noise coming from the site, he said. The diplomat's Danesfield residence on Seaview Terrace adjoins RTE's grounds.

Officials living there had been woken by explosions coming from the set on one occasion, the letter said. The local authority had said it had "concerns regarding the visual impact" of the sets "on residential properties to the rear of the application site".

It requested the national broadcaster to set out if there were alternative locations available, "either within or external" to the RTE grounds, in which "the films sets could reasonably be accommodated".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

rawr! i smell a cat fight! :p

always remember people - diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks......................

whatchutalkin'bout dirtyghettokid? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

optogirl wrote: »
    Angel you seriously need to accept that people have criticisms of the show - on any of the other soap threads there is praise & derision in equal measure - it's half the craic of watching a soap. It's really irritating that you leap to defense of every aspect of the show and get so pi**ed off with people for pointing out things that they don't like about it. A lot of us get enjoyment out of the slightly shoddy quality of FC and get a laugh out of discussing it.

That may be your opinion, it isn't mine.. You need to realise that I love the show and will jump to the defense of it and I find it just as irritating when people look for reasons to be negative.. doesn't hurt to be nice :)

I don't mind if people don't agree with me, that is their choice, if people enjoy slagging it off, that is their choice also. I look for the positive both in the show and in real life too, nothing wrong with that and I am not going to change... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

angel01 wrote: »
    That may be your opinion, it isn't mine.. You need to realise that I love the show and will jump to the defense of it and I find it just as irritating when people look for reasons to be negative.. doesn't hurt to be nice :)

I don't mind if people don't agree with me, that is their choice, if people enjoy slagging it off, that is their choice also. I look for the positive both in the show and in real life too, nothing wrong with that and I am not going to change... :)
    I think you are just A VERY POSITIVE PERSON.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Barry has got a rough ride from the scriptwriters for the last 22 years.

The least they could do is ensure he gets away with killing Sarah.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Oh lord above!! Denzo is terrible. Worst "drunk" acting ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Ha did you add her as a friend.

Sash looks well tonight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Fine, I take this back as I don't know. But I do know that I find her attractive and used to not find her attractive, and when I came on here about a year ago I found other people agreeing about how she had actually become fit and hot working in the restaurant.

Maybe also people won't notice her as being attractive anymore because there are lots of new girls who came in.

I was really taken aback by that poster's remarks, such as saying things like: "You must be the only man alive who thinks suzanne is better looking than the others.ask your mates.they will die laughing." and: "Suzanne are you mad? shes shocking looking .Una also is rough as houses." and: "maybe its true men prefer ugly women .I didnt believe it till now.", out of nowhere. So maybe "vast majority" was an exaggeration. However several people did agree that Suzanne was after becoming hot after a couple of scenes with her being hot in them, and I do claim that at least close to a majority of people if not the vast majority do find Suzanne hot. Saying someone is "hot" is hardly that amazing a compliment, she's vastly hotter than Yvonne or Clio or Niamh for god's sakes at any rate.

All of this was without provocation so I think that poster has some issues, cannot be polite and I hope this doesn't cause another loony reaction.

Seriously dude, Suzanne is a complete minger very average. IMO.

Suzanne is awful looking, urgh!! Sash is better looking than her.

I just cant stand the head of Barry. Hopes he gets killed.

Just shut up about Suzanne. Many people find her hot.

I think it's so stupid that Denzo is starting to flip out now, a complete contradiction of his earlier coolness about it. It's really crazy stuff, and we are stupid for watching it.

I think it's so stupid that Denzo is starting to flip out now, a complete contradiction of his earlier coolness about it. It's really crazy stuff, and we are stupid for watching it.
    Clio, Niamh and Yvonne are miles ahead. Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Eh who made you the boss of this thread to tell me to shut up about Suzanne.

My opinion is she is not an attractive looking girl and I can express that if I want.

You keep on going on about "many" and "a lot" of people think she is good looking but as far as I can see you are on your own on this one dude.

STIG83 wrote: »
    Sash looks well tonight.
    When they just show her face, she is unreal...just a pity about the pyjames and extra baggage she is carrying..

closeline wrote: »
    Clio, Niamh and Yvonne are miles ahead. Sorry.

No. Cleo has a thin and sickly face and a gravelly voice. They put lots of make up on her to make her look good, I guess it fooled you.

Niamh would be hotter if she kept her mouth shut. She's a bit fat around the wrong areas. Not a turn on at all.

Yvonne is just plain ugly. I might like her as a person, but she's not as hot as Suzanne IN MY OPINION.

I never claimed Suzanne was on the hotness scale of girls like Caoimhe or Neasa, but she is hot. And fwiw, my taste in girls usually is the taste most others have also.

Set up a poll..is Suzanne hot or not?

No. Cleo has a thin and sickly face and a gravelly voice. They put lots of make up on her to make her look good, I guess it fooled you.

Niamh would be hotter if she kept her mouth shut. She's a bit fat. Not a turn on at all.

Yvonne is just plain ugly. I might like her as a person, but she's not as hot as Suzanne IN MY OPINION.

I never claimed Suzanne was on the hotness scale of girls like Caoimhe or Neasa, but she is hot. And fwiw, my taste in girls usually is the taste most others have also.
    A for God sake. Fair enough if you feel she is hot but to say Yvonne is not hot is a joke. JOKE. Opinions or no opinions.

Set up a poll and we'll see about that :confused:

set up a poll..

This is a random picture I've found on google images.

0003f136-314.jpg

You would have to be blind as a bat to find Yvonne more attractive in this picture.

Fine, I will set up a poll. I said "usually", I didn't say all the time.

This is a random picture I've found on google images.

0003f136-314.jpg

You would have to be blind as a bat to find Yvonne more attractive in this picture. .

Yeah you're right.

They're both as unattractive as each other in this pic.

• Advertisement

closeline wrote: »
    set up a poll..

Done. I regret I didn't have others able to view your vote, I always forget that option.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement