Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

deelite wrote: »
    I hope they bring Louie's ex wife back again soon - Carol needs a sparring partner - and I'm still not buying into her and Louie together. The chase is over now so Louie should just move on to someone else - Dolores maybe......

Grrr... I like Carol and Louie, if not her... I could join the show as a love rival.. a hooker from San Francisco who has a coke habit and is a bit of a looker... ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Just wanted to say. I think Barry is doing a great job with this story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

angel01 wrote: »
    I would love at least Zumo to get a girlfriend, he told me when I met him that he was supposed to have had Lara as his girlfriend but the actress who played her was not comfortable with that, and kissing on screen etc so I think they just made her his friend. :(

Oh you just happened to meet him, this is how you have the inside information. :rolleyes: (just kidding, maybe you did... or maybe you are a scarier fan than we thought...).

Boo hoo, she wasn't "comfortable" with it. She's supposed to be an actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Oh you just happened to meet him, this is how you have the inside information. :rolleyes: (just kidding, maybe you did... or maybe you are a scarier fan than we thought...).

Boo hoo, she wasn't "comfortable" with it. She's supposed to be an actress.

angel won a comp last year to meet the cast.... so she's had a chat with a fair few of the actors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

angel01 wrote: »
    Grrr... I like Carol and Louie, if not her... I could join the show as a love rival.. a hooker from San Francisco who has a coke habit and is a bit of a looker... ;):D

Angel01, how would you know about Jo and Tommy..you must surely know quiet a few people involved in it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

closeline wrote: »
    Angel01, how would you know about Jo and Tommy..you must surely know quiet a few people involved in it...

This comes up every little while, on this, Angels thread.

The 'magi'c of the internet means angel need never tell anyone who reads this, whether she is a character, an extra, works on set or involved in any other way with the show...so you're floggin' a dead horse on this one:rolleyes:

Still think Barry is dreadful in this particular storyline and that bishop fella has had another personality transplant:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Fittle wrote: »
    This comes up every little while, on this, Angels thread.

The 'magi'c of the internet means angel need never tell anyone who reads this, whether she is a character, an extra, works on set or involved in any other way with the show...so you're floggin' a dead horse on this one:rolleyes:

:

What's your point Fittle? And what's with the rolley eyes???

Ps. It's obvious she's just a crazed fan who wrote in to RTE and they arranged a visit to set for her. And now send her updates on competitions and snippets of upcoming storyline/spoilers for her to feed out here. Saves their marketing dept money to have her doing their job for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Guys, lay off angel. So what? She loves the show and likes to know what's going on behind the scenes? Is that a hanging offence all of a sudden? Personally I enjoy the enthusiasm she brings to the thread, and she is a big reason for the thread being the big success that it is. Shes a valuable member of our community. I know she's for real, because she posted pictures around the time she and deelite went on the set visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I meant no offence...I like the snippets:)

Eradicate wrote: »
    Guys, lay off angel. So what? She loves the show and likes to know what's going on behind the scenes? Is that a hanging offence all of a sudden? Personally I enjoy the enthusiasm she brings to the thread, and she is a big reason for the thread being the big success that it is. Shes a valuable member of our community. I know she's for real, because she posted pictures around the time she and deelite went on the set visit.

x2 i think she is the glue that holds this thread together... otherwise it would just be a big bitching and moaning session about how ugly an actor is and how bad they might be. angel tries to keep things on a positive note. (which she shouldn't be blasted for)
    of course there will be disagreeing going on, but that's life. not everyone thinks the same things about everything and people shouldn't get so wound up and argumentative about it!
    just enjoy the show, chat about it... if you hate FC then GTFO of the thread :D and please stop bugging angel with the snide sarcastic remarks .. even if she was an insider... who the fk cares in all fairness like?
    it's good to have someone who can access "a little bit more" about the show we all like (on varying levels!)
    so chizzzillllll and all that :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Nessa is hot aint she lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Temaz wrote: »
    Nessa is hot aint she lads!
    YES !!!!!!!!! ;)
    Looks much better since she stopped wearing the hippy clothes..

max life wrote: »
    YES !!!!!!!!! ;)
    Looks much better since she stopped wearing the hippy clothes..

Amen to that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

just enjoy the show, chat about it... if you hate FC then GTFO of the thread :D and please stop bugging angel with the snide sarcastic remarks

^^ Read this carefully, folks. It's good advice!

Attack the post, not the poster.
    Bullying and/or personal attacks will not be tolerated here.
    Let's keep things friendly! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Mr E wrote: »
    ^^ Read this carefully, folks. It's good advice!

Attack the post, not the poster.
    Bullying and/or personal attacks will not be tolerated here.
    Let's keep things friendly! :)
    Well said. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and a friendly debate should be enjoyed by those sharing their thoughts and opinions. No need for anyone to get personal abuse from others who dont share those opinions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Still think Barry is dreadful in this particular storyline and that bishop fella has had another personality transplant:rolleyes:

Exactly, it's a complete joke. Are we just meant to forget about how calm and relaxed and supposedly knowledgeable about what to do he was originally? :confused:

It's like at first they thought it would be cool if the Bishops were shown to be so at ease with murder/death, having the car come so fast, and would shock us all by how nonchalent and relaxed about the whole then they were.

Then they realized uhhh... if they were so nonchalent and the body was just gone there'd be no storyline. Now they are just completely contradicting his character. They were trying to toughen him up at one point but he'll NEVER be believable as a tough guy. His character is absolutely butchered. Nothing he does will ever be believeable again. Why don't they just throw a dice about what way he'll be feeling next time he comes on screen... aggressive, upset, calm, smart, dumb, etc.

You know, in a way it's kind of interesting. Sort of like: "what not to do". Most of what we see on tv is polished and professional, seeing just how bad it can get has helped me appreciate good tv.

The problem with this particular thread, as I see it, is the name.

This is the Fair City Thread.

This is not the I love Fair City Thread. Nor is it the I think everyone in Fair City deserves an Oscar Thread. Nor is it the Fair City is the most wonderful Soap Opera on TV Thread.

On other Soap Opera Threads, posters are allowed and entitled to post comments, positive and negative about the soap.

But on this thread, one poster consistently attacks (sometimes, in a very 'positive' way) anyone who DARES to comment negatively about an actor, a scene, a storyline etc, which leads alot of other posters to believe that this poster is indeed, employed by said Soap.

Anyway, I don't care enough to make any further comment, but I wanted to make the above comment because a huge proportion of the 12,000 posts around here have come from this poster, and it becomes pointless to comment, when one person monopolises a thread.

amdublin wrote: »
    What's your point Fittle? And what's with the rolley eyes???

Ps. It's obvious she's just a crazed fan who wrote in to RTE and they arranged a visit to set for her. And now send her updates on competitions and snippets of upcoming storyline/spoilers for her to feed out here. Saves their marketing dept money to have her doing their job for free.

The rollyeyes were there to emphasise my point, that countless people have asked that poster is she is employed or involved with the show, and she has consistantly repeated that she isn't, despite the fact that she has more information about the show than anyone else on this thread:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kevin_McGee

Let me interfere in the thread for a minute just to defuse this one. I've written for the show on and off for years, and I can confirm that Angel01 is not a member of staff, or part of the cast or writing team. I think all of her info is in the public domain on the Fair City website, Digital Spy and entertainment.ie. She's just more diligent at digging it out.

Anyway, if she had a real inside source she'd be doing something about September's alien abduction storyline. Poor Dean, that's all I can say.

• Advertisement

Let me interfere in the thread for a minute just to defuse this one. I've written for the show on and off for years, and I can confirm that Angel01 is not a member of staff, or part of the cast or writing team. I think all of her info is in the public domain on the Fair City website, Digital Spy and entertainment.ie. She's just more diligent at digging it out.

Anyway, if she had a real inside source she'd be doing something about September's alien abduction storyline. Poor Dean, that's all I can say.

Post number one Kevin, and you are defending angels standing in FC.
    Interesting that you even found this.

I read digital spy and entertainment.ie also - I have yet to find any of the 'leads' that poster finds.
    Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

The problem with this particular thread, as I see it, is the name.

This is the Fair City Thread.

This is not the I love Fair City Thread. Nor is it the I think everyone in Fair City deserves an Oscar Thread. Nor is it the Fair City is the most wonderful Soap Opera on TV Thread.

On other Soap Opera Threads, posters are allowed and entitled to post comments, positive and negative about the soap.

But on this thread, one poster consistently attacks (sometimes, in a very 'positive' way) anyone who DARES to comment negatively about an actor, a scene, a storyline etc, which leads alot of other posters to believe that this poster is indeed, employed by said Soap.

Anyway, I don't care enough to make any further comment, but I wanted to make the above comment because a huge proportion of the 12,000 posts around here have come from this poster, and it becomes pointless to comment, when one person monopolises a thread.

Couldnt agree more fittle. :)

ah sure, ya can't win em all. i suppose we'll just have to see what tomorrows episode will bring :D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I read digital spy and entertainment.ie also - I have yet to find any of the 'leads' that poster finds.
    Interesting.

Let it go, Fittle. You're like a dog with a bone. Just drop it, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I didn't know Angel01 - she was another member who posted on this forum. I entered the Fair City competition (like some here) to visit the set and cast and I did not win. Angel01 did win and sent me a PM asking would I go with her - and I did:D I had an absolute ball and had a great day.

Angel01 is not an insider, does not work on the set - if she did she would have given better directions of how to get to RTE (I don't know my left from right). She is just a really genuine person with a heart of gold - and nowadays people like that are hard to find.

Louie and Deloras! :eek: That would be just so wrong. What next? Louie and Eileen Bishop. Lol. I think Deloras and Pete are a great match and I'd like to see more of Pete.

What would be so wrong about that - we need a proper cougar in Carrigstown - the woman with the wig wasn't a real cougar.

Is Bob still a shareholder in McCoys?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,585 ✭✭✭✭kippy

A bull is considered to be a powerful and courageous creature though, "the bull McCabe". You wouldn't have a name: "the pig McCabe", unless it was by the person's enemies.

Even a name like the "hungry hippo" would be a bit better. But some animal names are just given to humans as insults. You wouldn't have a place called: "The Sloth Club" or "The Snakes' Cafe".

The Rat's Tavern.
    Sometimes it is worth doing a little research to see how valid your views are:
    http://www.hungrypig.co.uk/
    http://www.thehungryhog.com/
    http://www.hog.my/

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

deelite wrote: »
    What would be so wrong about that - we need a proper cougar in Carrigstown - the woman with the wig wasn't a real cougar.

Is Bob still a shareholder in McCoys?

Another one of my questions what happened to the Christy/Louie empire? Last time I was able to watch it seemed Christy was working in the pub and the shop and Louie was working in the pub and the hungry pig?

Bob had stolen Charlotte's money and was hated by all but got a job working for Leo. Can anyone bring me up to speed as to how he got the hungry pig and why Dean is now working in Vinos?

Turloch died and bob got 200K from an envelope turloch had.

Louie's ex wife needed money as she was up on some charge in the states.

Louie had to sell the hungry pig to raise the funds. Bob bought the hungry pig.

Carol and Louie got together. Christy sold his share to Bob - to annoy Louie.

Finn opened the station (not sure where he got the money from).

Dean wouldn't work for Bob or else Bob sacked Dean can't remember the details - so Dean got a job in Vino's (after losing his share of the garage 50K on one pool game to Finn which was given to him by Leo)

Confused you will be ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's sad to see what was once a great thread being thrown off course by a severe case of internet bullying (its easy to leave snide comments and remarks, from behind the safety of a keyboard).

Angel is not a writer/actor/producer, etc. of Fair City, she is merely a fan of the show. Myself, Angel and deelite were all competition winners back in October and were brought on tour of the set and met the majority of the cast - hence references to conversations with the cast. That's the real story, so why all the conspiracy theories?

I've been lucky enough to meet Kevin more than once, I know he has always read this thread, although never posted previously, and everything he posted is true, so the fact that he has only had one post is irrelevant, so whatever it is you think you're implying Fittle, forget about it...
    Interesting.

Funny, because I also read digital spy and the official Fair City website and everything Angel posts is featured on one or the other, so how about you give up on your little vendetta, because a) it's mean and b) you don't come off well from it.

Anyway, I've said my piece - tear it to shreds if you will, but I know I'm right and that's all that really matters... ;)

And moving swiftly back on topic, any Robert and Sash supporters in the house??? I think they're a match made in Carrigstown heaven...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement