Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

It's sad to see what was once a great thread being thrown off course by a severe case of internet bullying (its easy to leave snide comments and remarks, from behind the safety of a keyboard).

I find it sad and sickening that you would presume to call people freely expressing their opinion on these boards: "a severe case of internet bullying".

It's disrespectful to angel, us who've disagreed with her and especially to all the people who've really been hurt by bullying, which is a very serious thing. What are on making a remark like that? :confused: I think that angel neither needs nor wants you to come in saying things like that. Surely you can understand why people have a right to express their opinions on this forum, and how many times is it the people who like to stand up and take the moral high ground over everyone else that are wrong, wrong, wrong and just causing general damage all around.

I feel that by throwing such loaded terms around, you are simply trying to escalate this situation to a full on flamewar. Just relax, the argument has gone on a natural process of people making points, people complaining, people discussing and communicating.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ms.c

is there anyway to watch online guys? someone mentioned it a while ago that they managed it but not sure how? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

People expressing their opinions is fine, however many of the remarks made were personal - read back over previous posts if you wish, there's plenty of examples...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 los5845

finn used deans 50k to open the station

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I think this is pretty good. That wasn't bad scene IMO (except for how Barry bizarrely turned away in the opposite direction when kneeling for no apparent reason but we'll let that slip). That is my call on this scene.

Though if he kills him it really IS stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

This storyline with Barry and Denzo is very poor.. very badly written and scripted..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I cant stand that qeava bitch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

This storyline with Barry and Denzo is very poor.. very badly written and scripted..

It is Fair City after all:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I cant stand that qeava bitch.

She got an IFTA for "Best Teeth In A Soap Opera" last year though.. you cant take that away from her..

Bob is still brilliant.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

Wasn't a bad episode to be fair, although I would like to see them wrapping it up sooner rather than later. I wouldn't mind a big conclusion (Barry confessing/pinning it on Denzo) because if this goes on til Christmas I'll be very bored with it by then!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

I like Faircity it's easier to watch than Eastenders and Corrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

So Finn has the hots for Judith?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭reera82

Was I the only one cringing when Barry knelt down and started saying "mea culpa"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

So I'm an internet bully now, when in fact, every time I remind people that this is not the I love fair city thread, and that we are all entitled to slag it off, I am the one who gets thrown off the thread:rolleyes:

This is the best I've heard yet, accusing me of internet bullying because I dare to slag fair city. Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I was feeling really sorry for Dean there. Trapped on the sofa between the needy girlfriend and the girlfriends mother watching Gok Wan. He made a good escape though.:D
    I agree with Finn saying he'd like a Dillon sandwich. And he got it in the right order for me too.
    I could really feel how freaked out Denzo was in the forest with Barry, especially when Barry was lying down speaking to Sarah. Now that was creepy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

^^^ ditto on all of that. i really hope theres a bit of a resolution for the barry/denzo storyline soon.

also, i agree with capt regarding sash & robert! i'm rooting for them now!

i thought judith looked well today!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fittle wrote: »
    So I'm an internet bully now, when in fact, every time I remind people that this is not the I love fair city thread, and that we are all entitled to slag it off, I am the one who gets thrown off the thread:rolleyes:

This is the best I've heard yet, accusing me of internet bullying because I dare to slag fair city. Jaysus.

You're not just slagging fair city. You (and some others) seem to have a vendetta against another poster and its taking away from the friendly banter on the thread. There have been several reported posts about it, and it is 100% bullying, no matter how you try to dress it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

STIG83 wrote: »
    So Finn has the hots for Judith?
    I wouldnt blame him...she is a MILF.

closeline wrote: »
    I wouldnt blame him...she is a MILF.

She is a looker in fairness, her and Neasa in a threesome.

STIG83 wrote: »
    She is a looker in fairness, her and Neasa in a threesome.
    TBH i would bring in Caoimhe and Derbhla as well. Lot of youth and experience.

• Advertisement

Have Sash for backup too, pardon my pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,176 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Everyone is entitled to an opinion whether you are a fan or not of the show and the show can be good or crap at different times so all views and opinions are welcome ;)

Has Finn had any other love interest besides his one night stand with Sarah since he arrived on the show surely it is time too for him to get a girlfriend or boyfriend :p

I really hopes that this Barry/Denzo story ends soon, and fast. It is awful. I just think there acting is so bad. I cant stand Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I thought Finn and Dean were very funny tonight, the Dillon sandwich - hilarious. Love the way Christy shows his steely side every now and again. I'd dump Caoimhe asap if I were Dean. Talk about smothering a man, jeez :eek:
    Love Sasha's character, hope they give her a decent story line. The chemistry between herself and Robert is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Derbhla by far the best looking of the charmed sisters IMO ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jos28 wrote: »
    I thought Finn and Dean were very funny tonight, the Dillon sandwich - hilarious. Love the way Christy shows his steely side every now and again. I'd dump Caoimhe asap if I were Dean. Talk about smothering a man, jeez :eek:
    Love Sasha's character, hope they give her a decent story line. The chemistry between herself and Robert is great.
    I thought that chat with dean and finn was hilarious and very close to a real life conversation!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Temaz wrote: »
    Nessa is hot aint she lads!

So is her mother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I wanted to make the above comment because a huge proportion of the 12,000 posts around here have come from this poster, and it becomes pointless to comment, when one person monopolises a thread.

If the Spoilers were removed, how many of the 12,000 plus posts would there be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Barry & Denzo's "killing" will have to come to light soon - if they get away with it the Liveline will be jammed with people ringing in saying "Ah Joe he got away with murder...."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

You know what Fittle - I know exactly how you feel. I actually feel intimidated in here whenever I have anything critical to say about FC. I get hopped on and then drowned in passive aggressive smiley faces. Soaps for me are funny and I want to be able to relish their gloriously bad parts too. The thread should not be designed to make sure one user isn't upset.

To accuse people of bullying for disagreeing or finding things a little fascist in here is just outrageous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement