Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

lorsric wrote: »
    Also, want to see Paul's son return, create some havoc ;-).

And Nicola the two of them could come back and Oisin could be a little trouble maker he could get with Charolotte :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

pavcro10 wrote: »
    Seriously, what's the story with the website? It's Tuesday and it still hasn't been updated.

From the Fair City website twitter:

Due to technical problems the #faircity website has not been updated this week hoping to rectify ASAP apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

blondie7 wrote: »
    And Nicola the two of them could come back and Oisin could be a little trouble maker he could get with Charolotte :D
    I doubt that Nicola would come back seeing as she is an accomplished author now.
    I think that Robert seems to go for fiesty women. First it was Cleo and now ( hopefully ) Sash. I think she was a great character to introduce. She sure aint afraid to say what she thinks. GIRL POWER :D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone know when Tracey is back? Come on Angel :p

I did ask the FC twitter but they of course wouldn't reveal.. :(

I badly miss Tracey, she is badly needed, I just don't buy into Dean & Caoimhe.. I liked Dean & Tracey together

Here is Hilda's showreel, I found it on google lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbGjK0pE54Y

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Carol and Louie have lost their spark now and have become very boring imo

Remember just before Carol ran off with Louie - Ally (probably got the name wrong yet again - I mean Carol's daugther-in-law) had a conversation with Carol along the lines of - "but has he seen you without your make-up and how grumpy you really are". I think Louie loves the chase and he got what he wanted and now he's tired of her.

I reckon Carol is going to get the biggest kick up her back-side when he chucks her out and moves Orla!!!! (Well I can see her giving him a real run for his money - she'd keep him on his toes):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I think Bob needs a woman in his life. He hasnt had a love interest since Renee

deelite wrote: »
    Remember just before Carol ran off with Louie - Ally (probably got the name wrong yet again - I mean Carol's daugther-in-law) had a conversation with Carol along the lines of - "but has he seen you without your make-up and how grumpy you really are". I think Louie loves the chase and he got what he wanted and now he's tired of her.

I reckon Carol is going to get the biggest kick up her back-side when he chucks her out and moves Orla!!!! (Well I can see her giving him a real run for his money - she'd keep him on his toes):D

I do still like Louie & Carol but I like seeing them in the background and liking Christy & Louie talking again. Still would love to see Bob & Yvonne together, be a good partnership, lots of scheming, lots of chemistry...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

It's the first time in forever I have been up to date with the show...usually I am a couple of weeks behind so avoid this thread like the plague.

I guess Barry and Denzo will get away with it for a while and then Sarah will be found shortly enough. I can see Denzo loosing it until then while Barry seems to have made his peace so might be more 'stable.'

Caoimhe is definitely too clingy so I think Dean will ditch her soon...does anybody think Finn and Neasa would be a decent couple? Robert and Sash will surely be together for sure...Robert has a thing for the 'rough' accent it seems :)

Somebody mentioned about Bob not having a woman...seriously though something was going to happen with Sarah before she left. He definitely wanted her I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

angel01 wrote: »
    I do still like Louie & Carol but I like seeing them in the background and liking Christy & Louie talking again. Still would love to see Bob & Yvonne together, be a good partnership, lots of scheming, lots of chemistry...:)

Agreed, they got a lot of airtime over the last couple of months. Bob and Yvonne would be truly great...if Louie and Yvonne had some big row. That would be something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 los5845

for someone whos meant to work as personal trainer laura certainly doesnt dress the part!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

What was behind the skirting board? After all this time nice to see Billy Meehan still getting a mention. To this day that for me was the most exciting storyline in soap ever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just had a read of the new RTE Guide for next week and
    Keith and Orla start having problems and Orla is thinking of taking a job in Dubai

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

What was behind the skirting board? After all this time nice to see Billy Meehan still getting a mention. To this day that for me was the most exciting storyline in soap ever!!!

A watch and other contraband im sure.

Some spoilers for next week:

Tuesday
    Denzo taunts Decco when he reveals he's making more money than him. Keith realises that Orla wants more excitement in her life. She tells him she is fed up with just watching matches and they don't have any fun. Jo proposes a motivational meeting about the Bealtaine festival after Charlie announces that they have no funding for it. Leo and Orla are unwittingly roped into going on the committee.

Denzo calls to the Station and Barry is shocked to see him. Finn is annoyed when he spots Barry and asks him why Denzo keeps hanging around. Denzo sends Barry a text saying he's going to stay around until he gets his money. Keith cancels his night with Finn but tells him he can still watch the match in his house. When Finn leaves the bar, Barry is forced to give the money to Denzo. But Finn arrives back and nearly catches them. Finn approaches Barry about his work ethic and says they need to talk.

When Esther learns that Jo is organising the festival she tells the committee that it should only be the elderly who should run it. They have their meeting and Orla backs Charlie's idea of writing a letter to your younger self.

Zumo and Decco discuss setting up a 'make-up party' to clear counterfeit money. Denzo makes a point of coming home with food and clothes, and also pays his rent. Zumo warns him to stop flashing the cash. Decco realises that Denzo is getting the money from the Station. Charlie is worried when he realises that he has to organise the whole Bealtaine event.

In the Station Bar, Leo questions Barry what age he thinks he is and is shocked when he realises that he is probably seen as an OAP. While Barry locks up, he fails to notice an intruder in the bar. He takes Barry's keys and attempts to open the safe. Barry walks in on the intruder. Thinking he is Denzo, he beats him savagely. The intruder manages to escape and it's revealed that it was Decco who tried to steal the money.

Orla and Keith arrive back from the gig that she wanted to attend. She is annoyed that Keith was unimpressed by the band. Orla questions what Keith does like. Finn warns him that he is treading on thin ice. Orla accuses Keith of not supporting her or caring about her work enough to help her.

Wednesday
    Barry, still thinking he beat up Denzo, meets Zumo and is relieved that he doesn't threaten him. In an attempt to seem younger, Leo agrees to go for a jog with Finn. Charlie is disappointed when Esther says she doesn't agree with his Bealtaine idea. She tells him that she doesn't like to be reminded of the past.

Orla confides in Niamh that she is worried about her relationship with Keith. She tells her that she is bored with the relationship and doesn't want to spend the rest of her life sitting in a couch. Vivienne, Zumo and Denzo are shocked at Decco's injuries but he refuses to reveal where they came from. Niamh meets Keith and tells him that he has no idea how to treat women and he needs to start making more of an effort with Orla.

Finn asks Barry for money and Barry spots the knife that Decco dropped near the safe. He hides it under the safe and gives Finn his money. When Finn leaves, he hides the knife in his briefcase. In the community centre, there is dissent at Charlie's meeting. Esther urges him to regroup later as she has an idea.

Finn tells Keith that he has two tickets for the friendly in Brussels and asks him to take time off work. Keith tells him that he was planning to surprise Orla with a week away but Finn convinces him that he can do both. Barry sees Denzo and slams the knife down in front of him. But he's surprised to see that he was not hurt. Denzo demands to know where he got it and then realises that it was Barry who beat up Decco.

Keith surprises Orla with a romantic week holiday to Brussels, and though she is delighted with his gesture, she is also suspicious of it. The Bealtaine committee agree that the theme of the festival should be "Push the boat out, whatever the sea". Esther thinks that the letter should look forward not back and it should be addressed to their future selves. This idea wins approval.

Leo and Finn arrive back into Carrigstown after their jog. Finn praises him but when he leaves Leo doubles over with cramps. Jo passes by and asks him if he's having a heart attack. Finn notes the cuts on Barry's hand and asks him to get them seen to.

Orla is disguised to discover Keiths ulterior for the week away is to go to a match with Finn. She is horrified to learn that Finn is going as well. She confronts Keith about this and he tells her it's not as bad as it sounds and that he doesn't want to go with her anymore. Denzo approaches Decco and tells him to keep away from Barry. He jeers at him for getting so badly beaten up by Barry. He learns from Decco that Barry thought it was him.

Orla apologises to Keith and they decide to go on a blind date. Decco bursts into Barry's house and tries to threaten him. Barry tells him he doesn't care what happens anymore and he's going to call the guards. Decco tells Barry that he knows he has a secret and will find out what it is.

Thursday
    Denzo meets with Barry and tells him that Decco does not know anything about Sarah but he will face the consequences of hurting a Bishop. Finn meets Keith and gives him a ticket from Orla. Keith tells Finn this will sweeten Orla up. He reveals that they are having a blind date tonight. Finn notes that Orla is high maintenance.

The 'older' folk choose younger partners for their Bealtaine project. Derabhla agrees to be Esther's. Vivienne meets with Barry and notes his injured hand. She asks what happened and tells him to pop in during lunch and she will look after it. Orla meets a former boss of hers and is shocked when he offers her a job in Dubai. He tells her he needs a decision by the end of the week. Later a delighted Orla tells Niamh about the offer and she is told to think carefully about it.

Charlie asks Zumo to partner with him for the Bealtaine writing project. Finn spends a full day trying to get through to Barry. When Barry finally calls to the Station, Finn shows him the CCTV footage of Barry beating up a man in a balaclava. But Barry tells him that he didn't say anything or get the guards involved as he doesn't want any more attention around him or the Station. Finn tells him he is trouble and if he pulls another stunt like this he will fire him.

Charlie gets frustrated when he can't write anything in his letter. Vivienne calls to the Station to clean Barry's hand. Finn, thinking she knows, tells her that it was Barry who beat up the 'intruder' and hints that he believes it's one of her sons who tried to break in. She tells Barry she is going to kill Decco and he is secretly pleased she is siding with him. Keith meets Orla and her old boss JP but she doesn't introduce them or tell him about the job offer.

Leo meets with Jo and tells her that he is going to give Pilates a go and is delighted to learn that he is the only man in the class. Zumo agrees to help a frustrated Charlie record his thoughts on his phone. He points out to Charlie that all of his plans include Esther. Vivienne berates Decco for raiding the Station. Keith arrives back to the Station for his date and asks Orla who JP is. Again she doesn't reveal the whole truth. When Keith goes to the bar Orla accepts JP's job offer.

Charlie worries that he and Esther may want different things in life. Vivienne tries to apologise to Barry with an invite for dinner. Orla finally tells Keith about the job offer and asks him to go to Dubai with her. Denzo calls to Barry thinking he has the upper hand on him but Barry insists that from now on he gets a cut if he is to continue money laundering for Denzo.

Just watched last nights episode..

I absolutely love Wayne, I could watch him in an episode all by himself and love every single second... enjoyed the scenes with Damo as well.

Also enjoying the Barry/Denzo story, when Finn walked in, seeing his face at seeing Denzo, was a picture :pac:

Robert & Sash would be a good pairing and good to see Carol actually doing something about her flat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

Robert & Sash would be a good pairing and good to see Carol actually doing something about her flat!!

I bet Dean is gonna get stuck living there with caoimhe. It's an ok storyline but so easily resolved although it was the same with Kylie I suppose (whatever happened to her PLEASE tell me she isn't coming back!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I reckon Carol is going to get the biggest kick up her back-side when he chucks her out and moves Orla!!!! :D

I would love to see Louie and Orla together, think they'd be a better match. I like Carol as a single woman, she kinda loses here strength as a character when they pair her with someone.

Actually I love the friendship with her and Tracey, dont like Tracey with Dean, never did. Always hated the underhand way they got together and couldn't really get past it.

Is it just me or are the writers getting lazy, they did the exact same Caoimhe and Dean moving in misunderstanding story with Kylie and Dean. I miss Kylie actually. Would like to see her, Heather and Tracey back.

The Robert and Sash thing is working very well imo. He seems to go for straight talking girls which makes sense as he doesn't really seem to understand subtext!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

I bet Dean is gonna get stuck living there with caoimhe. It's an ok storyline but so easily resolved although it was the same with Kylie I suppose (whatever happened to her PLEASE tell me she isn't coming back!!!)

God! I hope not! I hate Caoimhe! Loved Robert and Deans scene in the bar last night. Their relationship is so good. Always has been. Dean sarcastically said "what would I do without you" or something. And Roberts face was priceless! You could tell he missed the sarcasm and thought Dean was praising him!! ROTFL!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Can somebody please clear this up for me (it's doing my head in) who owns the house that Damien is living in - does it belong to the Halpin kids (Mark, Damien and Laura) - I can't understand why Wayne had a cob on him when Mark was moving back in if it's partly Mark's house.

What's going on with Finn - I'm just not buying into him at all - I still think he's working for Richie Lennon.

• Advertisement

Can somebody please clear this up for me (it's doing my head in) who owns the house that Damien is living in - does it belong to the Halpin kids (Mark, Damien and Laura) - I can't understand why Wayne had a cob on him when Mark was moving back in if it's partly Mark's house.

What's going on with Finn - I'm just not buying into him at all - I still think he's working for Richie Lennon.

Yes Damo's house is the Halpin's family home

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

pavcro10 wrote: »
    God! I hope not! I hate Caoimhe! Loved Robert and Deans scene in the bar last night. Their relationship is so good. Always has been. Dean sarcastically said "what would I do without you" or something. And Roberts face was priceless! You could tell he missed the sarcasm and thought Dean was praising him!! ROTFL!! :D

Robert is actually hilarious! I just love all his random facts about rubbish like "mobile phones increase stress as they blur the lines between work and home" No normal person would do that! It's brilliant! BTW he is so gonna end up with Sach!

I have a feeling caoimhe will try and move into Carol's flat but then Dean would set him straight! It's a real cringey story line!

I think it is because Wayne may be living in Mark's room! Who cares.. I love Wayne :D

Robert is actually hilarious! I just love all his random facts about rubbish like "mobile phones increase stress as they blur the lines between work and home" No normal person would do that! It's brilliant! BTW he is so gonna end up with Sach!

I have a feeling caoimhe will try and move into Carol's flat but then Dean would set him straight! It's a real cringey story line!

Part of being someone that suffers from Aspergers.. :)

Is
    Orla
    leaving?

Not sure, I hope it isn't like Una's short return to the show. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Not sure, I hope it isn't like Una's short return to the show. :(

I still dont understand that, if they were bringing her back for a couple of weeks then why didn't they do it to coincide with her brothers funeral. So strange.

Part of being someone that suffers from Aspergers.. :)

Is that the actor or part of the storyline? I always try to work that out when i'm watching!

Is that the actor or part of the storyline? I always try to work that out when i'm watching!

Robert suffers from Aspergers so I am guessing it is part of the character (and always has been), the actor playing him does a fine job.

Robert suffers from Aspergers so I am guessing it is part of the character (and always has been), the actor playing him does a fine job.

He really does- it's very believable! He's probably one of the best characters of the Soap!

• Advertisement

I think Kylie went to Spain to live with her mother, can't see her coming back, especially with Tracey gone. I think I remember reading an article saying the actress in real life was getting married..(maybe she took a break :confused:)

Thanks to Google, I found it : http://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/latest-news/828-vicky-gets-her-man-in-fairytale-wedding

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement