Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam Tyler

Hello All havent posted here for a while but have been watching the show still.
    I thought the location stuff on sunday in the woods was very well done. Its nice when the show goes on location something different you know!
    Because to be fair some of the sets are a bit drab!
    The storyline with Barry and denzo is a good one its great that Barry has such a history in the show that can be drawn upon.
    I agree with some that Carol and Louie are getting a bit boring but they are in the background so its not too bad.
    Love the new location of the station and the character of Finn.
    Hopefuly wont be as long before i post again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I saw an article on one of the local Waterford papers today, there is a local brewery in the area (Dungarvan to be exact)
    And its beer is on the shelves in Finn's bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I cant believe Dean is still with Caoimhe. He is just using her. She must be blind. He needs to grow a pair!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Heard a rumour that Charlie is to have affair with Charlie... Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Did anybody else feel "sea-sick" watching last night.

That Caoimhe is acting like a stroppy teenager - makes me wonder did she not have her "teenage" years (did Tommy have something to do with that!!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Dean, practially in the nip!

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0512/faircity.html

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

deelite wrote: »
    Did anybody else feel "sea-sick" watching last night.

That Caoimhe is acting like a stroppy teenager - makes me wonder did she not have her "teenage" years (did Tommy have something to do with that!!!!)

I agree deelite! She's a terrible actress. Everything is with the same emotion and tone. That of a spoilt teenager! Can't bear her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

xalot wrote: »

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha i love it!!!!! i can't wait to see this!!!!
    man i didn't know dean was that fit............................:D:D:D:D:p:o

pavcro10 wrote: »
    I agree deelite! She's a terrible actress. Everything is with the same emotion and tone. That of a spoilt teenager! Can't bear her.

did you see the hand motion she made when she left vinos as zumo walked in?
    LOL

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha i love it!!!!! i can't wait to see this!!!!
    man i didn't know dean was that fit............................:D:D:D:D:p:o

Lol!! My prayers have been answered!! This episode won't be deleted off my skybox for a while!! :p .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Looks like Caoimhe will get her revenge on Dean tonight. The nurses' uniform suits her !!!!;)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

max life wrote: »
    The nurses' uniform suits her !!!!;)

Double ditto...:)

Caoimhe in a nurse's outfit!! :eek::eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Caoimhe is a bitch, and so are his "friends". Idiots.

Not funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

OMG DEAN!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Typical Fair ****ty bullcrap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

What a crap storyline

ah come on now, it was entertaining! it was a bit awkward.....but it was still funny....!
    DEAN IS FIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!! @_@
    :D:D:D

Ah! It was a lighthearted bit of fun! No need to take it so seriously!! Even my OH was laughing out loud at the bit out on the street and Deans ass out for all to see!! LOL!!:p Dean has a HOT bod!!

Good episode I thought! Very funny with Wayne and Pete! Really love that pairing! Neither one wanting to trust the other!

Some rack up on Caoimhe!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

STIG83 wrote: »
    Some rack up on Caoimhe!!

I know a girl with the exact same nurses outfit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Wayne and Pete are great together. I think Cass would work well with them too. Maybe they could bring him in to help retrieve the watches back off Zumo?

I think the Barry/Denzo storyline is working well at the moment. It's making me look forward to seeing how it's all going to pan out. When Denzo was in Barrys house last night I thought Barry was going to do the "Accidentally Bash his head off the Coffee table trick" on him. :)

Just thinking,...if Barry keeps working for the Bishops they could start calling him Bazzo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wayne and Pete are great together. I think Cass would work well with them too. Maybe they could bring him in to help retrieve the watches back off Zumo?

I think the Barry/Denzo storyline is working well at the moment. It's making me look forward to seeing how it's all going to pan out. When Denzo was in Barrys house last night I thought Barry was going to do the "Accidentally Bash his head off the Coffee table trick" on him. :)

Just thinking,...if Barry keeps working for the Bishops they could start calling him Bazzo! :D

LOL :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Dean is much better without the clothes on isn't he - now I know what Tracy saw in him....yum yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Just caught up... a few thoughts...

I really enjoyed the Wayne & Pete storyline, they work really well together and provide some really good comedy moments, Cass would work in that mix also... I laughed several times :D

When did Barry get his front door repainted? :confused: on another point, am enjoying this Barry/Denzo story, interested to see where it goes next..

The Dean storyline was a bit of fun... but wish they would give him something to get his teeth into, as he hasn't been tested properly as an actor yet...

I miss Leo :(:(

oooh we got a mention, thanks Kevin!
    Kevin McGee is sceptical about the latter. "I think if anything we've found social networking to be good for soaps," he says. "It's quite a big thing at the moment for people to watch the soaps with their laptops on their knees having the conversation about the show while it's happening.

"There's a very lively Fair City thread on boards.ie and things like that keep people plugged into the show.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/soap-operas-home-or-away-2646097.html

angel01 wrote: »

Was that in today's Independent Angel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

next week looks interesting
    While Barry locks up, he fails to notice an intruder in the bar. He takes Barry's keys and attempts to open the safe. Barry walks in on the intruder. Thinking he is Denzo, he beats him savagely. The intruder manages to escape and it's revealed that it was Decco who tried to steal the money.

STIG83 wrote: »
    Was that in today's Independent Angel?

Yeah, I think so, the date on the article says today anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

In the end, however, it wasn't silliness which led to the demise of the genre. Fans blame economic pragmatism (reality telly is cheaper to make), the lure of slicker, more self-aware shows like Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives, and the growing popularity of social networking sites.

In reality Grey's and Housewives are no more than Prime Time Soaps. I don;t think that Grey's was ever all that slick but certainly self-aware of its demographic.:rolleyes: Sorry OTT.

I think Daytime soap will return but it will just be a bit more realistic in the future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement