Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

jo's voice rattles right through my head !!! lol
    I must agree about Jo. Whenever she starts talking, i feel like pressing the mute button. She is my least favourite character because she is so irritating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

A sneak preview at the script for this week's episode.

Barry has blood on his hands yet again; could he be getting a taste for it?
    First there were 'those allegations', which may have driven Barry to accidentally kill Sarah. And now, he is well and truly ensconced with Denzo Bishop and getting the hang of the money laundering business. Is this the end of Barry the community man, and the beginning of Barry the criminal?
    For any of you who can't wait for next Sunday's episode, below is an exclusive sneak peek at the script. So, if you don't appreciate spoilers click away now.
    Barry
    COLDLY TAKING HOLD OF DENZO'S WRIST AS HE GOES TO TAKE UP THE MONEY.
    Who said you're getting any of it?
    Denzo
    You don't want to do this.
    Barry
    Or what?
    Denzo
    Decco's involved now.
    Barry
    COLD AND CONTAINED.
    Do you think I'm frightened of Decco? Of any of you?
    Denzo
    Barry, come on, please. I can't go back and tell him I let you take all the money.
    Barry
    You're the one said it, the Bishops aren't killers but I am. Do you want to take me on? Do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

max life wrote: »
    I must agree about Jo. Whenever she starts talking, i feel like pressing the mute button. She is my least favourite character because she is so irritating.

She has become an awful nag. I used to really like her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Oscar winning stuff from Leo tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

hahaha watching leo is always gas. i do like him.... his hand gestures are funny :D

orla really does look good!

was wondering what the point of keith sitting on a phone was...... it never rang, there was no text... but it was just on the couch and he sat on it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Bazo kill again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Orla: Think of all the money he'll make!!

Niamh: Doing what, oil changes on camels??

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Have to admit im not enjoying this Barry and Denzo storyline think its a bit too far fetched now! When did Keith get so boring, i dont ever remember him sitting in watching football the whole time. He was always up for the craic as far as i can remember anyway.

Oh and more of Robert and Sash im missing them this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

los5845 wrote: »
    for someone whos meant to work as personal trainer laura certainly doesnt dress the part!!

She's had the same T shirt on since she came back

Who blocks out the spoilers and are they left for a certain amount of time before someone does it ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Karen23 wrote: »
    Who blocks out the spoilers and are they left for a certain amount of time before someone does it ??
    drag the mouse over the blocked bits and you'l get a surprise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Highlight the spoiler with your cursor and all will be revealed. :)

As instructed by a mod recently, we have to put all spoilers in to the tag, left click over the spoiler bit and you can read it.

Just caught up.. a few comments to make:

Loving seeing Leo back and brilliant scene with him & Jo and him close to collapsing after the jog. Hilarious :D

Was laughing at Jo asking why Shebe was brought to the meeting, and Cass saying she is over 55 in dog years :pac:

Finding this Barry/Denzo/Decco thing a bit too far fetched and boring now.. one minute Barry is doing anything Denz says and now he is threatening him again... aargh...

Again, finding this storyline with Keith & Orla as dull as dishwater...

Dermot hasn't been in the soap in ages :(:(

On this week's Fair City, Denzo tells Barry that Decco wants in on the deal, and Barry begins to launder more money in the Station.

Barry freaks Denzo out when he tells him he is not afraid of him or Decco, and that he is damned for killing Sarah and may as well profit from his pact with the Bishops - so he will keep a cut of the cash.

Elsewhere, Rachel suggests to Cass and Leo that they should form a band and Leo asks Philip to join him to perform for the Bealtaine festival. Dermot and Jo argue and Dermot is hurt when he hears his son Ben is now calling him Dermot as well. Niamh and Esther increase his anxiety about his paternity by telling him he needs to let Ben know he's adopted, but Dermot thinks he is still too young to hear this.

In McCoys, Jo gets tipsy and flirts with Louie. Yvonne and Niamh leave, but Jo keeps the party going - ignoring a phone call from Dermot as he waits patiently for her at home. Carol shows her out of the pub, but she doesn't close the doors properly. Louis and Carol get a rude awakening when Bob goes into their bedroom to tell them they've been robbed - but they were lucky to have no money taken. An embarrassed Jo meets Yvonne later, but Yvonne reassures her that she didn't disgrace herself.

Meanwhile, Louis and Carol take part in a 'Come Dine With Me' night, with Carol plying their guests with loads of cocktails and wine. In other storylines, Esther goes to Charlie's house and declares her love for him, he tells her the feeling is mutual and they kiss. He wants to move things fast, when he reveals to a shocked Cass and Bela that he is going to propose to her.

Charlie is put off popping the question by Esther's insistence that she is happy the way things are, much to his disappointment. When he finally gets the courage to ask for her hand in marriage, things don't go exactly to plan when Esther flees the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Once again, the bishops prove to be absolute storyline poison.

pavcro10 wrote: »

I wouldn't go that far, I like the Bishops (favourite family in the show for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

pavcro10 wrote: »

i dare you to day that to zumo :D keyboard warrior :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Why does Finn keep calling The Station a club. It's clearly a pub!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

wow barry is cool as a hard man! he frontin strong! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I'm lovin the new Barry!

Edit. Ehhh,....I take that back. He's gone all soft again.

• Advertisement

drag the mouse over the blocked bits and you'l get a surprise
    Highlight the spoiler with your cursor and all will be revealed. :)

:eek::eek::eek: Thanks Guys :D

Vivienne is so unconvincing in the role of the head of the gangster family. That part was very badly cast

Spoiler Time!!

Sunday
    Carol is surprised when Bob volunteers to help with the 'Clean Up Carrigstown' campaign. Jo and Dermot reach a tentative understanding about how to approach Ben with the fact that he's adopted. They start to work out a strategy on how to talk to their son about his adoption. Charlie gets irritated when Cass and Bela attempt to cheer him up.

When Louie learns that Bob is getting involved in the tidy town competition, he insists to Carol that he goes with her to protect her against Bob's antagonism. They go to the community centre but Bob usurps Carol's position as leader of the campaign by ordering people to do different jobs. Zumo meets Esther in the park and plays back a recording of Charlie talking about Esther. He makes her realise how much she hurt him. She then meets Niamh who makes her feel even worse.

Bob suggests that they do a billboard campaign to entice tourists to Carrigstown. The go to McCoy's pub for food and drinks after their hard work and Bob tries his best to cause a row. Louie rises to the bait but Carol tells him to stop making a fool out of himself. However, he manages to provoke Louie by calling Carol a 'Madonna and wh*re rolled into one' and he punches him. It is witnessed by all at McCoy's and Carol worries about the consequences. Charlie and Esther meet and he agrees to hear her out, but it doesn't go to plan when she refuses to say who the letter is from. A heartbroken Charlie breaks it off with Esther.

Bob negotiates with Carol a meeting without Louie. Carol is shocked when she learns that Bob is planning to sue Louie and use Robert as a witness. She convinces Louie to go along with Bob's demand of being reinstated in the pub and serve behind the bar. A delighted Bob gets behind the bar and revels in his return to his former role. He tells Yvonne that one day the whole place will be his.

Tuesday
    Charlie surmises to Cass that Esther's letter must be from an ex-lover. Cass tells him to give Esther time. Carol and Louie agree that they need to take on a new trainee so they won't have to depend on Bob. Barry takes €1,000 from Denzo to launder at the Station that weekend. Denzo recognises that Barry's attitude towards criminality has hardened. Dolores meets a comfort-eating Esther in the Community Centre. She asks her if she's okay but she refuses to admit there is anything wrong.

Finn and Sean are annoyed when Sarah doesn't get back to them about the broken boiler. Sean also admits to Finn that he is frustrated about not being able to get a job. Charlie and Esther meet and he does his best to draw a line under his relationship with Esther. Carol calls to Phelans to drop off post to Christy. They share their first amicable moment since the split.

Paul and Ray arrive in the Station Bar wondering why Keith asked them to meet him there. Keith and Orla arrive back from their holidays and announce their engagement. Paul, Finn and Ray are taken aback and are silent. They admit that the proposal was done during a boozy night. But everyone then joins in to congratulate them. Finn tells a worried Barry that if he doesn't hear from Sarah in the next couple of days he's going to stop paying rent. Charlie goes berserk when he sees Esther with another man. He attacks him and is mortified to learn that he has just joined Slim Star.

Bob refuses to help Carol out when she asks him to work in McCoys and Cass volunteers to work for cash in hand. Carol is pleasantly surprised when Cass turns out to be a wonderful employee who is great with the customers and knows his way around the bar. Denzo is shocked when Barry tells him about Finn's anger and Denzo urges him to take action. He realises that Barry has become more calculating.

Keith miraculously produces an engagement ring for Orla. He lies to Orla and tells her that he purchased it a while ago for her. Finn warns Keith that it is a very sudden engagement. He knows Keith is just hiding something. Cass urges Charlie to fight for Esther and Dolores urges Esther not to let her past ruin her future. Cass refuses to work when Louie insists he'll have to pay tax. In the Station Bar, Keith admits to Paul and Ray that he has recycled Una's old ring. Esther calls to Charlie's and, while they row, Cass steals Esther's letter from her bag. Esther leaves and Cass shows Charlie what he stole.

Wednesday

Louie lauds Carol's determination to manage on her own. Louie leaves a frustrated Carol as he goes for a vintners' convention centre. Charlie decides to get the letter back to Esther without her knowing then realises Cass hadn't planned for that. But it's too late as Esther realizes that her letter is missing. Sash decides to plan a dinner for Vivienne and she in turn gives Sash good advice by telling her to apply for a job in McCoys.

Carol calls to Phelans for groceries and Christy notes how busy Carol is. He tells her that he thinks Louie isn't treating Carol right. Paul tells Charlie about how Esther is upset in the Hungry Pig and how she was frantically looking for something. Sash meets with Carol and they agree to a trial in McCoys. Cass stumbles on an idea to get the letter back to Esther. But Charlie calls to Esther's house and admits that he has the letter. He doesn't tell her that Cass took it. She berates him for this and tells him she rues the day she met him. She shouts at him to get out of the house. When Cass learns what has happened he decides that he is going to come clean. He admits to her that he was trying to repair a broken relationship with Charlie. She asks Cass to apologise to Charlie from her.

Bob is forced to help a livid Sash out behind the bar when Carol insists on leaving Sash to manage on her own. He insults her once too often and she quits McCoys. Barry tells Denzo that they need to do something about Sarah's mortgage. They decide to set up Bob as the last person who saw Sarah. They find a payslip from Sarah's file and make a mortgage payment to her account in Bob's name. They decide to use laundered money from the Station to keep paying her mortgage. Denzo is impressed with Barry's scheme.

Carol oversteps the mark with Christy when she asks him to step into Louie's shoes while he's away. Sash and Charlotte out their differences aside and agree to join forces for Vivienne's birthday. Barry calls to the Hungry Pig and steals an order pad with Bob's writing on it. He catches Bob and Finn talking and Bob saying that it's strange that nobody has heard from her. A frightened Barry learns that Finn is going to contact Sarah's mother. Esther calls the mysterious David. He tells her he was thinking of getting in touch for a while. She tells him that she thinks it's best that they don't meet as it's too much and she has made her mind up.

Thursday
    Denzo meets Barry, who explains that he set up a new email account for Sarah. He emailed Bob from Sarah's account and asked him to take over her financial affairs while she is away, promising him a 10% cut. Denzo is impressed by Barry's criminal nous. In Esther's house, she mulls over the idea of choosing between Charlie and David. She chooses Charlie and erases David's number. When she meets with Charlie, he begs her to persuade him that her past will not harm their future.

Christy hints to Sean that he should ask Carol for a job. Carol agrees to take Sean on a trial basis. Barry is delighted when Bob reveals to Finn that he is taking over Sarah's financial business and he will be their unofficial landlord. Vivienne is furious when she learns that Denzo visited Paddy. Vivienne tells him that while she can't stop him from seeing Paddy she wishes that he could see through his lying ways.

Deegan calls to the Station to question about the counterfeit money. He shows them what the fake bills look like but Barry is relieved that Deegan's query is only a general one and he doesn't suspect them yet. Finn decides that they are going to check ever note from now on. Paul notes the way Carol treats Sean and asks her to go easy on him. He tells her that if she doesn't, she'll find herself on her own again. Esther rejects a call from a UK number and Charlie is suspicious when she says it was a client.

Denzo gives Vivienne flowers and, delighted, she asks him and Barry to come for drinks with her to McCoys. In McCoys, Christy helps Carol to be a patient teacher to Sean. Ray is uneasy as he watches Carol and Christy smiling at one another. A fed up Charlie warns Esther that she needs to resolve her past issues before they can move on. In McCoys pub, Barry comforts Viv when she worries about her ex-husband being a bad influence on Denzo. Esther calls David to tell him she has changed her mind and that she'd like to meet with him.

The Electronic Program Guide on my TV Tuner card has a sense of humour..

epg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Why was Niamh wearing a tent and why was Jo wearing a curtain?

There was a sale on in Homebase today..

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The looked awful and ancient, Niamh could do with a makeover where is Sonia and Brendan from Off The Rails when needed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

They've solved the problem of the moving sets! Just make everyone walk around in the dark and no-one will notice.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

They could have built a kitchen or dining room for Carol and Louie for the Come Dine with me. They all had to eat their dinner at the coffee table

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

jos28 wrote: »
    They could have built a kitchen or dining room for Carol and Louie for the Come Dine with me. They all had to eat their dinner at the coffee table

Yeah but the way Jo was carrying on she could have eaten her dinner off Louie.....:D (calm down Angel01);)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement