Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

BTW when did Jo and Carol become friends?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    BTW when did Jo and Carol become friends?

LAst night.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Who is Ben's mother? I can't remember. Edit: I mean birthmother, not Jo.

Who is Ben's mother? I can't remember. Edit: I mean birthmother, not Jo.

Geraldine, I Think. The Doctor is his father. The one that was married to Renee's daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Geraldine, I Think. The Doctor is his father. The one that was married to Renee's daughter.
    I think his mother is actually Deirdre. Brendan is his father.

• Advertisement

max life wrote: »
    I think his mother is actually Deirdre. Brendan is his father.

You could be right, Who was Deirdre, Geraldine's sister. Cant remember her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭lorsric

Deirdre - dark hair, had been in Australia for a while, came back. She worked in PR, something similar to Orla.

Herself and Ken got together after Ken broke up with Geraldine.

Brendan (who is married to Heather - Floyd's half sister and incestious lover) the doctor who went a bit mad, drank and took prescription medication, and knocked someone down, faced being disbarred.

Brendan and Deirdre met at a hotel when he was at a medical convention, and that's where Ben came about.

So, Ben is adopted child to Jo and Dermot. Dermot is brother to Ken who is with Deirdre - Ben's real mother and Ellie, who is Brendan and Heather's daughter is Ben's half sister. All in the family.

See - Angel01's post from 04/08/2010 - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67277962

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Just saw there in that link that Yuri Stepanov "Sergei" was killed in a car crash last year. Never knew.

I have to admit I quite like Jo in that dress last night especially when she was flirting. I would have said yes myself if I had the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

closeline wrote: »
    Just saw there in that link that Yuri Stepanov "Sergei" was killed in a car crash last year. Never knew.

I have to admit I quite like Jo in that dress last night especially when she was flirting. I would have said yes myself if I had the chance.

RIP Sergei

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

lol funny Ben is calling Dermot by his name haha....that child is so weird looking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Firstly, another great performance by Bob tonight.. He really should have been a big screen actor.. dont know how he never made it big..
    Deise Tom wrote: »

Secondly, that degree in Media And Fair City Studies came in handy Tom.. ;) thank you.. I was trying to think back, but I couldnt remember..
    closeline wrote:

I never knew this either.. I remember looking up his web page years ago.. he was a singer, writer, poet.. tried his hand at everything.
    000391a8-545.jpg
    Both "sergei" and "mags" are dead now..

RTE web page says he died after a short illness.
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/2010/0803/yuristepanov.html

He DIDNT die in a car accident.. this was another Yuri Stepanov (I think so anyway, he looks like a different man)

http://english.ruvr.ru/2010/03/03/4987846.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mad-dog21

So its fairly obvious from the letter that Ester had a child she gave up so. wats up with yvonne not gettin her swiss roll lately think dirty dean and her would be a nice couple, and why do the writers go off stories so stupidly this Suzanne and Mark thing like is he gonna grow a pair and do something to her or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

yoyo83 wrote: »
    lol funny Ben is calling Dermot by his name haha

Is that the little boy from the McDonalds ad.

Also would have loved if Ben had of called him Dermot the way Jo does.

I saw the dollar signs in Louie's eyes last night when he realised he could be shacked up with a Jonah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

deelite wrote: »
    Is that the little boy from the McDonalds ad.

Also would have loved if Ben had of called him Dermot the way Jo does.

I saw the dollar signs in Louie's eyes last night when he realised he could be shacked up with a Jonah.

Yes.... I have a weeks worth of episodes to go yet...:(

'Fair City' star Aisling O'Neill has launched a postcard campaign designed to raise awareness of the work of a domestic violence outreach service in Dublin.
    000497b7-314.jpg

O'Neill - "I think it's important to bring awareness to the issue of domestic violence and I'm delighted to be involved in this campaign"

Sonas Housing's Viva Reach-out is a free, confidential outreach service available to women in the North Dublin area suffering domestic violence.

O'Neill, whose 'Fair City' character Carol suffered domestic violence, said: "The domestic violence storyline caused a massive stir with the Irish public at the time.

"I think it's important to bring awareness to the issue of domestic violence and I'm delighted to be involved in this campaign. "Domestic violence is not something that only happens on the TV or to other people, it could be happening to someone you know right now."

Viva Reach-out can be contacted on: 01 866 2012 and 087 629 4734.
    For more on the work of Sonas Housing, visit: www.sonashousing.ie.

closeline wrote: »
    Just saw there in that link that Yuri Stepanov "Sergei" was killed in a car crash last year.
    I was just thinking about the fair city actors who have passed away:
    RIP
    Ursula
    Pascal
    Hannah
    Eunice
    Paddy Clarke
    Sergei
    Mags
    Jack Flynn
    Father Tom

They are off the top of my head. Anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

angel01 wrote: »

The one character they could joke about changing actor. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

That was the worst robbery in History. Crisps and mineral!:D

• Advertisement

Any news on Tracey's return or is she even coming back?

Any news on Tracey's return or is she even coming back?[/QUOTE

She will be back in time to see Dean knockin the spots out of Yvonne

Mad-dog21 wrote: »
    Any news on Tracey's return or is she even coming back?

She will be back in time to see Dean knockin the spots out of Yvonne

Didnt Dean and Yvonne already get it on when he first arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

angel01 wrote: »
    Yes.... I have a weeks worth of episodes to go yet...:(

hi everyone I am a newbie to these boards and I never miss an episode of Fair City! I'm loving the storyline with Jo at the moment. I thought she was hilarious at the come dine with me dinner in Carols. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

max life wrote: »
    I was just thinking about the fair city actors who have passed away:
    RIP
    Ursula
    Pascal
    Hannah
    Eunice
    Paddy Clarke
    Sergei
    Mags
    Jack Flynn
    Father Tom

They are off the top of my head. Anybody else?
    I did not know Jim Reid who used to play Jacko Flynn had passed away. Would you know how long it is since he died. I remember he used to do a lot of radio drama after leaving Fair City.

jenny30 wrote: »
    hi everyone I am a newbie to these boards and I never miss an episode of Fair City! I'm loving the storyline with Jo at the moment. I thought she was hilarious at the come dine with me dinner in Carols. :)

I think your hilarious because the scene lasted about 5 seconds and they made a big deal about her flirting and it was absolute sh*t%!! how could you find it remotley amusing??? Add in the fact that Jo is an overweight annoying beast who wont shut the f*^k up saying Duuuuuuiiiiiirrrmid every two seconds the sooner she dies the better.

As I revealed earlier Dean will knock the spots off Yvonne, The letter is from Esters son and Suzanne gets a well over-due hiding!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Does anyone else find that kid really annoying ? (Jo and Dermot's) I don't know what it is but I just can't stand him.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I did not know Jim Reid who used to play Jacko Flynn had passed away. Would you know how long it is since he died. I remember he used to do a lot of radio drama after leaving Fair City.
    It was fairly recent. I think it was last Summer.

Does anyone else find that kid really annoying ? (Jo and Dermot's) I don't know what it is but I just can't stand him.

Simon from Corri, Best kid actor by a mile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

padd b1975 wrote: »

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/2010/0527/jimreid.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement