Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Dean and Yvonne already do the nasty when he first arrived and was working for her in the Bistro or am I wrong :confused: I remember Dean seem to be have hooked up with a few ladies when he first arrived back (played by Michael Sheehan) there was Heather and Orla and I was sure there was Yvonne also?

I think Yvonne has previous with Dean, they calmed Dean down a bit when he was with Tracey (still holding hope that she will come back one day) and looks like they are going back to his womanising (as he has history with Sandy):eek:

As far as I know Hilda is focusing on Theatre work right now, she is starring in Perve in the Abbey (which also stars Dearbhla from Fair City) :

http://www.abbeytheatre.ie/whats_on/event/perve

Love this showreel of Hilda Fay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHHlxBLAH9o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

To Angel01 - you could have given me fair warning about Keith's upcoming engagement (I'm starting to cry). And it's near my birthday how could you....

deelite wrote: »
    To Angel01 - you could have given me fair warning about Keith's upcoming engagement (I'm starting to cry). And it's near my birthday how could you....

lmao... Just think they will never make it up the aisle.. you could always be there on the day just at the point "Is there anyone with any objection"... you could have a starring role there ;):eek:

I think they are rushing this engagement thing... they are only together 5 mins :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

When is barry getting a tracksuit, peak cap and jewelry...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

angel01 wrote: »
    lmao... Just think they will never make it up the aisle.. you could always be there on the day just at the point "Is there anyone with any objection"... you could have a starring role there ;):eek:

I think they are rushing this engagement thing... they are only together 5 mins :eek:

Well, that is true I suppose - but they do know each other for ages and they were best friends sooo, I think Deelite's heart will be broken....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

LOL @ Charlie "roughing up" yer man. Brilliant. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The Mary Clarke

Kazbah wrote: »
    Cringed at Jo playing soccer the other day.
    Loving Cass at the mo though!
    I love Cass, I think Eamonn Morrisey is brilliant. I remember him from Hall's Pictorial Weekly...(Dunno if anyone else is old enough to remember that:)).
    I also saw him in a one man show years ago in New York. He is amazingly talented and entertaining. Jo from Fair City used to actually come into a place that I waitressed in in Manhattan, didn't really know her that well but she was a very pleasant person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Looks a cheap ring on Orla's finger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I love Cass, I think Eamonn Morrisey is brilliant. I remember him from Hall's Pictorial Weekly...(Dunno if anyone else is old enough to remember that:)).
    I also saw him in a one man show years ago in New York. He is amazingly talented and entertaining. Jo from Fair City used to actually come into a place that I waitressed in in Manhattan, didn't really know her that well but she was a very pleasant person.

You're not on your own. I also remember Cass (Eamonn Morrisey) in Halls pictorial weekly.( I was quite young though;)) Enjoyed him in that too. I think he's brilliant in FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The Mary Clarke

You're not on your own. I also remember Cass (Eamonn Morrisey) in Halls pictorial weekly.( I was quite young though;)) Enjoyed him in that too. I think he's brilliant in FC.
    Oh sure I was young myself....I just have amazing memories from when I was two years of age:p:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I love Cass, I think is brilliant. I remember him from Hall's Pictorial Weekly...(Dunno if anyone else is old enough to remember that:)).
    He was in an episode of Father Ted too, Speed 3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

RVD420 wrote: »

I thought it was harmless acting. Doubt yourman has much acting experience, not on TV anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Elmo wrote: »
    Actors :( their contracts don't cover on demand or some such rubbish.

Now repeated on RTÉ One +1 at 9 (Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday) and 8:30 (Wednesday) if you have Saorview.

Fair City does not air on RTÉ One +1 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Fair City does not air on RTÉ One +1 :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight, there's a tv station that is supposed to air everything RTE airs, but an hour later - and they don't air one of the stations main shows? What do they put on instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dunny! wrote: »
    When is barry getting a tracksuit, peak cap and jewelry...:pac:

Oh yes Bazo needs a Bishop chav make over :p

So let me get this straight, there's a tv station that is supposed to air everything RTE airs, but an hour later - and they don't air one of the stations main shows? What do they put on instead?

An RTÉ ONE +1 Ident with the following statement underneath

This programme is not available on Saorview.

An RTÉ ONE +1 Ident with the following statement underneath

This programme is not available on Saorview.

What kind of shower of old sh!ts are the unions that the fair city cast are with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

RVD420 wrote: »

Remeber all the stick he used to give poor Zumo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I thought it was harmless acting. Doubt yourman has much acting experience, not on TV anyway.

And what's Tom Jordan's excuse?

That roughing up scene was terrible, the guy was wooden and hardly moved and as for Charlie... I won't say a word!! :pac: Still I do like Esther & Charlie together...

Good scenes with Orla & Keith and loved all the teasing to Paul with the engagement rings... :D

I watched previous episodes and saw Bob & Yvonne getting on... see I told you that they think the same ;):p

Still think it was nice seeing Carol & Christy talking but what an awkward situation... still loving Carol & Louie :D

Seeing Cass behind the bar... brilliant stuff... :D

• Advertisement

Slightly off topic - but watching Corantion Street last night, all I could think about was wonderment as to why Fair City gets so much slagging and Corrie doesn't get 10% as much. It's gone into a God-awful show IMO!

Again, I've been away from this thread for some time and again I'm back. But have hadly missed an episode. Enjoying the Barry/Decco storyline - even if it's stretching the limits of suspension of disbelief a bit too far.

Had a little peek at the spoilers for next week and the turn of events with
    Mark
    and
    Suzanne
    looks good too.
    Given the fact that next week is Leaving Cert kick-off week, it looks to me like they're going to try to highlight isses with over-stressed young people at exam time. Wouldn't be suprised if it leads to Mark hurting himself - or trying to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Slightly off topic - but watching Corantion Street last night, all I could think about was wonderment as to why Fair City gets so much slagging and Corrie doesn't get 10% as much. It's gone into a God-awful show IMO!

corrie gets a great slagging over on the Corrie thread - it's great craic in there. However I have to say that I still think the standard of acting, production, storyline etc is far far superior in Corrie.

optogirl wrote: »
    corrie gets a great slagging over on the Corrie thread - it's great craic in there. However I have to say that I still think the standard of acting, production, storyline etc is far far superior in Corrie.

I might agree that the overall standard of acting is better (although not every actor in Corrie is a good actor - Dev is worse than anyone in FC - and not every actor in FC is a bad actor - Bob is as good if not better than anything in Corrie) - and I'd probably agree that the standard of production is better (in the context of sound, camera work, set design etc).

But we'll seriously have to agree to disagree on the storyline part. Corrie is far far more dragged out and I find it to be 90% or more of meaningless and boring time filler!

In fairness, you can't compare Corrie to Fair City, Corrie has huge budgets that they can play with and afford to pay the likes of Rita or whoever is still in it (don't watch it anymore!) huge salaries.

Just look at this article: http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/218050-craig-gazey-gets-corrie-pay-rise/

How could RTE afford to pay stars of FC that much, they have shelled it all out on the DJ's and TV presenters :mad::mad:

Fair City is what it is and I like it. I know I am biased (I will admit that :D) but I think it does a good job with the limited resources it has available.. :)

Sidenote: I have brought up the issue of FC not being on Saorview +1 to the Fair City Twitter account, they are going to the powers that be, when I get an answer, I will let you all know...

In fairness, you can't compare Corrie to Fair City, Corrie has huge budgets that they can play with and afford to pay the likes of Rita or whoever is still in it (don't watch it anymore!) huge salaries.

Just look at this article: http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/218050-craig-gazey-gets-corrie-pay-rise/

How could RTE afford to pay stars of FC that much, they have shelled it all out on the DJ's and TV presenters :mad::mad:

Fair City is what it is and I like it. I know I am biased (I will admit that :D) but I think it does a good job with the limited resources it has available.. :)

Sidenote: I have brought up the issue of FC not being on Saorview +1 to the Fair City Twitter account, they are going to the powers that be, when I get an answer, I will let you all know...

Agree re the budgets, but there is a huge difference in the ability of some of the actors in the two soaps, and the same with the writing. Some of what you get from Corri is outstanding where as with Fair City at times what you get is like a primary school christmas nativity.

Agree re the budgets, but there is a huge difference in the ability of some of the actors in the two soaps, and the same with the writing. Some of what you get from Corri is outstanding where as with Fair City at times what you get is like a primary school christmas nativity.

In fairness again, they can afford to run huge storylines, huge writing teams etc. I don't like Corrie, never really have and don't watch Eastenders either anymore. I know you are a Corrie fan and I am a huge FC fan so we will probably never agree!!

I enjoy FC, always have and I guess I always will, They have storylines I can and have related to.. I think there are quite a few characters in Corrie that are poor or even worse than what FC has.

Dev, Rosie, Sean, Fiz, Chesney all spring to mind and are all terrible...

Fair City gets a rough slagging in my opinion and I think on the whole, it does a bloody good job with the resources it has to hand...:)

I have always said that soap is down to what you are used to. I can really only watch FC as a soap, and I am only in and out of it, I used to be able to do the same with Corrie St but the longer I stop watching the less time I have for that soap, in saying that it is one of the only ones I can watch.

In fairness again, they can afford to run huge storylines, huge writing teams etc.

Money has nothing however to do with the ability to write, or to act, something some involved with Fair City are unable to do.

Money has nothing however to do with the ability to write, or to act, something some involved with Fair City are unable to do.

We going to get into this conversation again. Should be stopped lol. The English soaps have huge writing teams something that Fair City doesn't, all soaps have their overly long storylines and bad storylines and good storylines. Actors will be effected by the writing.

By the way the reason these discussions go this way with Fair City is because other soaps just don't get the sweeping criticism which are landed on Fair City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Sash is fast becoming one of my favourite characters. She is one fiesty chick!!!! :D

I can see this Barry/Denzo storyline dragging on and on. I hope its finished by the end of the summer. This is SoapLand.....secrets always come out in the end !;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement