Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

rogercar wrote: »
    Is it me or is FC quite boring at the moment? This Charlie/Esther storyline is just awful. We all know that they will get engaged and probably a quick wedding! Boring and predictable! If it weren't for the Barry/Denzo story it would be the worst ever episodes imo. I love all the Bishops. Alot of things really annoy me about FC, but a recent story in particular ie. the Tidy towns story, nothing happened other than afew pathetic looking hanging baskets and afew windows boxes. Now they have a "clean up Carraigstown" campaign and still nothing new happening, re. the street. Surely everyone knows that the tidy towns judges don't particularly want to see hanging baskets/window boxes, they want to see trees and shrubbery planted. Also houses and other buildings (even derilect ones) freshly painted. I would have thought this would have been an opportunity for the powers that be in FC to revamp the exterior set. It just looks so miserable, in particular the businesses side of the street.

No it is not you, Fair City is more than boring at this point in time.

You are also right about the Tiny Towns campaign. A question, is Damien working now. If not, why hasnt someone come up come up with a fund raising idea to generate money to carry out improvements etc, and then get Damien, maybe to do the work voluntary if there is not enough money left over to pay him a wage. After-all he is suppose to be a handy-man and if people saw him out and about working, voluntary or whatever, they might hire him to do whatever small jobs they have to do and maybe as a result get him re-started in the trade again. From small acrons grow mighty oaks and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Deise Tom wrote: »

You are also right about the Tiny Towns campaign. A question, is Damien working now. If not, why hasnt someone come up come up with a fund raising idea to generate money to carry out improvements etc, and then get Damien, maybe to do the work voluntary if there is not enough money left over to pay him a wage. After-all he is suppose to be a handy-man and if people saw him out and about working, voluntary or whatever, they might hire him to do whatever small jobs they have to do and maybe as a result get him re-started in the trade again. From small acrons grow mighty oaks and all that.
    I agree. Also Pete. He is another "handyman"! Though I expect Deloros is keeping him busy!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Damien & Pete are in partnership so of course they are working. Damien is not a handyman, he is a painter and decorator. Pete is more the handyman role.

I think FC is good at the moment and next week will be brilliant viewing. Maybe you are not interested in a child being adopted or how to tell a child he is adopted (I am adopted) so have a deep interest in that storyline. I want to see how Jo & Dermot play this one out. It is a very hard thing to explain to a child.

I like the storyline with Charlie & Esther, both have loved someone else and lost them and got a second bite of the cherry..

I like the Barry storyline, finding it interesting viewing... :)

rogercar wrote: »
    Is it me or is FC quite boring at the moment? This Charlie/Esther storyline is just awful. We all know that they will get engaged and probably a quick wedding! Boring and predictable! If it weren't for the Barry/Denzo story it would be the worst ever episodes imo. I love all the Bishops. Alot of things really annoy me about FC, but a recent story in particular ie. the Tidy towns story, nothing happened other than afew pathetic looking hanging baskets and afew windows boxes. Now they have a "clean up Carraigstown" campaign and still nothing new happening, re. the street. Surely everyone knows that the tidy towns judges don't particularly want to see hanging baskets/window boxes, they want to see trees and shrubbery planted. Also houses and other buildings (even derilect ones) freshly painted. I would have thought this would have been an opportunity for the powers that be in FC to revamp the exterior set. It just looks so miserable, in particular the businesses side of the street.

I am guessing they have the park for the shrubbery effect of the street, there isn't really anywhere they could put the trees on the main street without it cutting access (the roads are small), hanging baskets are probably all they can do...

I agree with the painting bit though...

angel01 wrote: »
    Damien & Pete are in partnership so of course they are working. Damien is not a handyman, he is a painter and decorator. Pete is more the handyman role.

Was there a story line a while back where he was doing a bit of plumbing, changing a tap or something.

• Advertisement

Was there a story line a while back where he was doing a bit of plumbing, changing a tap or something.

Yeah there was but he tends to not do that so much anymore, I think Pete does that role and Damien does the painting etc.. anyway, they seem to have combined the jobs.. :)

Next week looks a cracker of a week, I can't wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Caoimhe is going after Finn now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

jaysus Sash looks good in those pyjamas

Did not see tonights eposide as it went out. was the first scene or two ser in the street and was their church bells in the back round. A bit perdictable for a sunday programme if there was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Barry and Vivienne looked like a couple of teenagers eating the faces off each other!!!! Not a pretty sight.. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Did not see tonights eposide as it went out. was the first scene or two ser in the street and was their church bells in the back round. A bit perdictable for a sunday programme if there was.
    Ha ha nearly right, it was Cas and glenroe woman talking about mass in the street. If you do see a repeat check out the guy on the bike down the side street that goes nowhere trying to stay balanced on his bike so it could look like he was cycling when they passed by. I love this comedy show.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Ha ha nearly right, it was Cas and glenroe woman talking about mass in the street. If you do see a repeat check out the guy on the bike down the side street that goes nowhere trying to stay balanced on his bike so it could look like he was cycling when they passed by. I love this comedy show.

A bit like so the the other night when i think it was Cass and Charlie that came out of the shop or the pub, crossed the street and then crossed back to go into one of the houses at the end of the street. guess it was done so that they could get in all their lines, because if it was relife, they only had to come out, pass that road that goes no place, pass the community centre and then cross the other road and into the house they were going to.

A bit like so the the other night when i think it was Cass and Charlie that came out of the shop or the pub, crossed the street and then crossed back to go into one of the houses at the end of the street. guess it was done so that they could get in all their lines, because if it was relife, they only had to come out, pass that road that goes no place, pass the community centre and then cross the other road and into the house they were going to.
    Missed that particular piece of comedy gold, what stopped them actually standing still to have their little conversation? Another one is people buying take away coffee and the cups being obviously empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Was there a story line a while back where he was doing a bit of plumbing.

:D:D A bit of plumbing indeed (Nessa)....

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Caoimhe is going after Finn now

I really can't warm to her at all, She has the same facial expression in every scene :(

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Missed that particular piece of comedy gold, what stopped them actually standing still to have their little conversation? Another one is people buying take away coffee and the cups being obviously empty.

That happens in lots of soaps, Neighbours being the worst at this, they have allegedly cupcakes being sold in a box, it is clear as day, there is nothing in the boxes! :D

deelite wrote: »
    :D:D A bit of plumbing indeed (Nessa)....

That as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

I really can't warm to her at all, She has the same facial expression in every scene :(

Oh she is just brutal. She is incapable of making anything sound believable. It all sounds so forced.

Why do I get the feeling that the set for glenroe woman's house is the same as the one for Charlie's with a new paint job.

Eradicate wrote: »
    Oh she is just brutal. She is incapable of making anything sound believable. It all sounds so forced.
    One of the problems associated with not being able to act.

• Advertisement

Eradicate wrote: »

I agree with you.. I can't stand her at all. She is quite poor and very much a weak link in that family... :(

I loved the scene with Louie, Carol and Bob.. Louie's face was a picture :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Any mother who has not had contact with their daughter for the length of time that Sarah has been buried would have reported her missing by now. Would the scriptwriters please start adding some credibility? When are people in Carrigstown gonna become suspicious?

How long is the North Side post closed down. Months more than years anyway. Why is the papers logo still up to be seen. Dont most companies that go burst take theirs down.

endakenny wrote: »
    Any mother who has not had contact with their daughter for the length of time that Sarah has been buried would have reported her missing by now. Would the scriptwriters please start adding some credibility? When are people in Carrigstown gonna become suspicious?

Depends on how close you are to your family, I know plenty who have no contact with their family.. it is not as if she ever mentioned her family before.

Finn/Sean/Bob did become suspicious...

I dont know why, but i think bob smells some sort of ran but is saying nothing for now.

Why don't Finn and Sean just talk to Keith about the house and mortgage. As far as I recall Sarah put his name on the deeds to the house. Yet another storyline that vanished into thin air.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sarah is from Carrigstown her best friend was Suzanne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Depends on how close you are to your family, I know plenty who have no contact with their family.. it is not as if she ever mentioned her family before.
    Her mother appeared years ago at the time Sarah and Darren, Bela's son, were together.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Her mother appeared years ago at the time Sarah and Darren, Bela's son, were together.

Darren, Jimmy and The other doyle don't seem too worried about Mrs. Doyle.

• Advertisement

Ah okay, but maybe they fell out since.
    Elmo wrote: »
    Darren, Jimmy and The other doyle don't seem too worried about Mrs. Doyle.

They now help pay for their mother's nursing home care so they do care. They won't be written back in right now though..
    Elmo wrote: »
    Sarah is from Carrigstown her best friend was Suzanne.

People move and people lose touch with friends. things change. They didn't exactly leave on best friend terms...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement