Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Why do I get the feeling that the set for glenroe woman's house is the same as the one for Charlie's with a new paint job.
    That was my exact thought. It seems to be the same set.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

max life wrote: »
    Barry and Vivienne looked like a couple of teenagers eating the faces off each other!!!! Not a pretty sight.. :eek:

Sorry but I felt sick seeing Mammy Bishop and Bazo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Someone needs to hook up with Zumo. And create "the sopranos" feel on the show!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Elmo wrote: »
    Darren, Jimmy and The other doyle don't seem too worried about Mrs. Doyle.
    Louise!

Sure they're all far too busy in Oz :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Sunday
    Leo asks Dean who he was with on Thursday night but Dean lies and denies he was with Yvonne. Mark is on edge that Suzanne will reveal it was him who viciously attacked her. Esther and David chat about Suzanne and Esther notes David's affection for her. She asks David why he came looking for her and he shows her a note she wrote to him 50 years ago. She reads the letter and it reminds her of her past and how she fought to keep him as a baby.

Yvonne realises that Leo knows about the two of them and she teases Dean saying that 'daddy does not approve'. In the charity shop, Jo and Dermot meet Judith and Tommy and she squirms when Dermot implies that they had a 'sexed up' weekend. Esther admits to David that she does fear that people will talk about her and the way she abandoned her son. He tells her that she has to stop caring about what people think. So they go for a walk and Esther introduces her son to the shocked Carrigstown community!

Caoimhe offers to help Dean with the costing of his menu, and Yvonne and Dean flirt in front of an oblivious Caoimhe. Mark is relieved when he realises that David did not see him when he was attacking Suzanne. Mark then urges Damien to go and see Suzanne; secretly hoping to find out if she'll divulge what happened to him. Leo warns Dean not to get too involved with Yvonne or he could find himself unemployed. Dean then makes matters worse by calling to Dillon's and asks Caoimhe out on a date.

Jo meets Tommy again and - feeling frisky after the encounter - she drags Dermot home for more fun! Back at Esther's, she tells David that she is ashamed of her behaviour and not him and asks him to stay so she can make it up to him. He notes a flaw in her personality when she tries to persuade him not to get involved with Suzanne. Yvonne refuses to let Dean go on a date with Caoimhe and claims him for herself. Suzanne and Mark are in the hospital when Mark calls to the ward. David notes how Suzanne freezes when she sees him and becomes suspicious of him.

Tuesday
    Neasa warns Caoimhe to be careful with Dean as he has hurt her so many times in the past. In Halpin's, Mark is angry to discover that Damien registered for him to repeat exams. He tells Damien he is not going back to college and Trinity is for 'posh people'. Bela is delighted to meet Suzanne's guardian angel, David. And in Vinos, Esther admits that she hopes David will come and live in Dublin. Dean is stung when Yvonne rebuffs his advances. She tells him she doesn't pay him to be nice but to cook.

Mark sees David and Yvonne leaving Suzanne on her own and sees this as an opportunity to 'talk' to her. He asks her why she didn't report the assault. She admits that they have both made mistakes and he shouldn't be punished for it. He tries to apologies but it turns nasty and she tells him to leave. When he leaves her apartment he meets David who realises that it was Mark who beat up Suzanne. In Dillon's, Judith informs a horrified Zak that she got him a place in Dearbhla's Irish College. Dearbhla tells Judith that she is not going to mind him.

Caoimhe shows Dean the costing for the new menu she did for him and he tells her how much he appreciates her. David and Suzanne finish up their lunch and she tries to explain why Mark would be mad at her without mentioning that she beat Damien. He tells her that he doesn't understand why she's covering for him. She starts to cry and he comforts her, which leads to a kiss. Mark meets Dearbhla in the community centre and realises how cute Dearbhla is. Damien notes that he is happy around Dearbhla. Later he asks Dearbhla to intervene with Mark quitting college and help him.

David convinces Suzanne to go out for a drink with him, Esther and Charlie. A charmed Suzanne agrees. Jo and Tommy go for drinks in McCoys and flirt relentlessly. Yvonne gets annoyed when Bela reminds her she is all on her own and is not getting any younger. Damien meets Suzanne and he tells her that no-one deserves to be assaulted and she needs to realise that she is not a bad person. David listens to the conversation and is confused by his comments.

Jo waits for Dermot in Vinos and is asked by Judith and Tommy to join them. Dermot arrives and is rude to Jo, embarrassing her in front of the Dillons. Suzanne and David arrive in the Station and Esther is jealous that she has to share David's attention. Esther warns Suzanne that she can't keep her past secret for much longer. A tired Suzanne then leaves and Charlie fails to comfort Esther about David and Suzanne's relationship. Bitter, she reveals to David the reason why Suzanne and Damien's marriage ended.

Wednesday
    Esther and David go for coffee in Vinos and she notes with satisfaction that David cancels a call from Suzanne. He tells Esther that she is a gossip and he would have preferred to find out from Suzanne rather than a gossip like her. Caoimhe calls to Dean and notes that he lets Yvonne treat him like an inferior. Dean tells Caoimhe that Yvonne pays her wages and to butt out. Dearbhla tries to remind Mark that there are great things about college and he is missing out.

David and Esther go through some of David's baby stuff in Esther's house. She shows him the first pair of boots she knitted for him. Esther reveals to him that his father was forced by his family to abandon them both. She tells him that his father loved him. She tells him that she doesn't know if he is alive or dead. Damien, who has noted Dean and Yvonne flirting, warns Dean about the consequences of cheating on Caoimhe. Mark calls in to the house and Damien feels guilty when Mark tells him that he thinks Dearbhla fancies him.

Suzanne calls to Esther's house but Esther lies and says that David is not in. Esther then meets Bela in McCoys and fails to persuade him to make Suzanne stop seeing David. They argue and trade insults. Carol insists Louie should go to Boston for Joey's birthday. Dean tries to talk to Yvonne about their fling but is insulted when she laughs at the idea of having a relationship with him. A spurned Dean calls to Caoimhe's and tries to get her to go to bed with him, but she tells him she wants to take things slowly.

Jo dismisses Dermot's suggestion of holding a raffle for the community centre. She tells a hurt Dermot that he lacks imagination and creativity. In Vinos, Dean tells Yvonne that he is annoyed by the way she spoke to him and laughed at the idea of them being a couple. She starts to kiss him to apologise and Neasa spots them. Dean thinks he may have been spotted and is worried.

David bumps into Suzanne and tells her that he knows she beat Damien. She tries to explain what happened and he tells her that she has no right to decide how he would have reacted to the news. Caoimhe asks Finn to go for drinks with her, Dean and Neasa, and lies saying that Neasa likes him. A delighted Finn agrees to go. Dearbhla and Damien chat about Mark, and Dearbhla tells Damien he is a nice smart guy who should go back to college.

Jo and Tommy meet up to discuss different fundraising ideas for the shelter. Judith passes by their table and suggests that she borrow Tommy for the night to come up with a winning idea. Bela meets with Suzanne and she discusses what happened with David. He assures her that she will find love one day. In the Dillons' house, Neasa and Caoimhe chat and Neasa tries to hide her concern about Dean. She tries to get out of couples drinks but Caoimhe won't let her.

David tells a devastated Esther that he is going to Kosovo in a month to work on his next project. Dean, Finn, Caoimhe and Neasa all meet up in the Station Bar. Caoimhe is confused by Neasa's strange mood. When Dean goes to the bar to get drinks, Neasa follows him. She tells him that she saw him kiss Yvonne and he tries to put all the blame on Yvonne. He begs her not to say anything as he adores Caoimhe. She gives him 24 hours to end the fling.

Thursday
    Protective of Caoimhe, Neasa warns Dean to end it with Yvonne and he swears to her he will. Dermot reveals to an intrigued Jo that he has a plan for them to buy some land but won't tell her any more details. Suzanne confides in Bela that David is avoiding her calls. He urges her to keep calling him and explain things from her side before Esther poisons him against her. David and Esther clash over Suzanne. Esther feels like she is encroaching on her time with David as they have so much to catch up on. Charlie warns Esther to back off or she will lose David.

Damien gives Mark money to take Dearbhla out and so Mark goes to help him clean the windows as a thank you. He rolls up his sleeves to help and there are scratch marks all up his arms but he realizes what he has done before Damien notices and covers up again. Dean tries to tell Yvonne that he really likes Caoimhe and isn't interested in her anymore but they both realize there is still a spark between them.

Jo gets the wrong end of the stick and thinks Dermot wants them to move away. She asks Tommy if he will miss her and he admits he will. Finn bets Neasa that if he makes more tips than her then she'll agree to go out with him again. They try to double cross each other all night in order to win but in the end Neasa kisses him. Dermot takes Jo to the plot of land and announces to a shocked Jo that it is to become an eco graveyard. He wants them to be buried together but Jo is furious and storms off.

David agrees to meet Suzanne and she tries to explain that she has changed and is getting help. He admits they are getting on really well but says he wants to spend time getting to know his mother before he has to leave for a year. Louie surprises Carol with plane tickets to Boston for both of them. David is suspicious of Mark and Suzanne lets slip that it was him who attacked her. David warns Mark to stay away from her.

• Advertisement

Do I see an affair on the cards for
    Tommy and Jo???

Jo is like a school girl with a crush around Tommy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jo is like a school girl with a crush around Tommy

He is rather dishy tbh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ha just thinking how a return of a scorned Sarah from the grave would work out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

jaysus Sash looks good in those pyjamas

She sure does :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

angel01 wrote: »
    Ah okay, but maybe they fell out since.

They now help pay for their mother's nursing home care so they do care. They won't be written back in right now though..

People move and people lose touch with friends. things change. They didn't exactly leave on best friend terms...

Stop making excuses, I don't particularly mind the way characters come and go, happens in all soaps. I think they had too many Doyle's too begin with and they have been slow to write out Rita.

The girl who played Louise Doyle should be brought back IMO.

It will be interesting to see who starts looking for Sarah.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Who thinks Carol and Christy will tango again?
    She is acting like she is a part-owner of McCoys. Am I right in thinking she has no share in the pub, she just works there and goes out with Louie?

Kazbah wrote: »
    She is acting like she is a part-owner of McCoys. Am I right in thinking she has no share in the pub, she just works there and goes out with Louie?

She also lives above the pub, she has worked there for quite a while but yes, she has no share :D
    Stop making excuses, I don't particularly mind the way characters come and go, happens in all soaps. I think they had too many Doyle's too begin with and they have been slow to write out Rita.

I am not making excuses for anyone, why would I.. I have no part in the scriptwriting. I am giving my opinion which we are entitled to do. So because I don't share your opinion, I am suddenly making excuses? It is called having an opinion.

In my eyes, they won't bring back the Doyles, the actor who plays Jimmy is doing acting work in America, not sure about the others. I wouldn't like to see Rita written out, unless the actress feels she can not appear any longer.

As for the Sarah thing, not everyone gets on like the Brady bunch as a family. You know what, I am adopted, my Birth Mum cut her ties with me, never met my birth father, my adoptive mum is an alcoholic and adoptive father had a stroke, don't speak to my sister so not everyone gives a stuff about their family.

Not everyone is close to their family, not everyone wants to be close to their family. People come and they go. Such is the circle of life. I know I am not friends with a lot of people when I moved away from where I used to live..

I don't see anyone asking questions about Felix, Cleo, the Gleesons, Duncan, Kylie or any other character that has since left the show, so what makes Sarah so popular and that suddenly questions should be asked.

When Orla had left the show (mat leave), no character mentioned her till she came back.

Carol had her apt empty for months before suddenly it was mentioned...

0004a563-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 093

Tuesday 7th June

Dermot and Jo clash over parental duties, but unite in their efforts to interfere with Charlie and Esther.

The stress of Esther's lunch time appointment causes her to reach for the chocolate.

Dean enjoys being an internet sensation.

Mark lies about his exam results.

Charlie barges in on Esther lunch with her long-lost son!

Caoimhe pines for Dean. But Dean is distracted by Tina!

Damien celebrates Mark's success.

Written by Nick Wilkinson.

0004a564-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 094

Wednesday 8th June

Mark gets angsty when Damien tries to talk about his results.

Caoimhe bumps into Dean and Tina the morning after!

Jo is disappointed when her holiday plans loses its romance.

David asks after his father.

Tommy's flirting puts a spring in Jo's step.

Tina puts her foot in it with Dean.

Mark unleashes his temper. on Suzanne.

Written by Sian Quill.

0004a565-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 095

Thursday 9th June

Yvonne keeps watch over a badly injured Suzanne.

Mark visits the scene of his crime.

The chemistry between Jo and Tommy send Jo into a tizzy.

Esther worries if David will ever call her again.

Dean gives Yvonne some TLC.

Police call to the hospital to quiz Suzanne on her attack.

David stays by Suzanne's side.

Written by Sian Quill.

0004a566-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 096

Sunday 12th June

Leo warns Dean of the perils of his amorous ways.

Esther is uncomfortable with David's growing affection towards Suzanne.

Caoimhe offers to help Dean with the costing of his menu, but will Yvonne give him the time off?

Dermot tries to compete with Judith and Tommy in the 'happiest couple league'.

David gives Esther a fifty year old letter.

An overly confident Dean makes a date with Caoimhe.

Mark pays Suzanne a visit in hospital.

Written by Senta Rich.

Directed by Gary Agnew.
    Location Director Clive Arnold.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

She is bound to see what a creep he is soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Deise Tom wrote: »
    She is bound to see what a creep he is soon.
    No share at all. I wonder when The Galley is ever going to get a mention again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jaysus the bod on Tina.. And Chquiva..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Dean you dog!! Some behind on Tina, :eek: she definitely up there with Pippa Middleton :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Morgans

Maybe the bank will start looking for their mortgage. Maybe Keith is still paying half eventhough this big stress (for one week) was seemingly forgotten about when he moved on.

• Advertisement

Did anyone else notice that in one of the scenes with esther and david, she started a sentence and it just cut to another scene. Very poor editing !

I think they had too many Doyle's too begin with and they have been slow to write out Rita.
    I would have to agree. Rita has been seen twice at most, in the last 4 or 5 years. I think its quite clear that she wont be coming back, except maybe in a quick half minute scene every 2 or 3 years. I think they should bite the bullet and write her out. It would then give room for a new woman in Bellas' life after a while.

I would have to agree. Rita has been seen twice at most, in the last 4 or 5 years. I think its quite clear that she wont be coming back, except maybe in a quick half minute scene every 2 or 3 years. I think they should bite the bullet and write her out. It would then give room for a new woman in Bellas' life after a while.

Rita's presence never stopped Bella before. He could teach Paul Brennan and a few more a thing or two. When it comes to women he is up there with Ken Barlow.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Rita's presence never stopped Bella before. He could teach Paul Brennan and a few more a thing or two. When it comes to women he is up there with Ken Barlow.
    Yeah he was some lothario in his day. :D
    I think he is much more devoted to her now though. I really could not see him cheat on her.

Dean is very forgiving of Tina :rolleyes: she did cost him Tracey his fiance and "love of his life" but I guess it dont matter as he is a huge hit on the internet :rolleyes:

So David is 50 and he gets with Suzanne :eek: quite old for her

Yeah he was some lothario in his day. :D
    I think he is much more devoted to her now though. I really could not see him cheat on her.

A leopard does not chance its spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Is the actress who plays Rita sick in real life and that's why they wrote her out?

Is the actress who plays Rita sick in real life and that's why they wrote her out?

That's correct, she isn't able to be in it anymore, apart from the odd scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I was watching Esthers son and his eyes are very like Louie's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I was expecting that when they were looking for an English actor to play David, even a fairly narrow scope of one with a visable disability, they'd be able to find a very very good one......

Watching last night episode, imagine my disappointment!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement