Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Think recent scenes have really showed Eileen Colgan (Ester) up to be a bit limited as an actress!
    Have to say I disagree Laois_Man. I'm surprised to find myself liking the story line with Esther and Charlie and I think Eileen Colgan is doing a great job.

rogercar wrote: »
    Is it me or is FC quite boring at the moment?

Just you and Deise Tom!
    I'm enjoying it
    :)

Except they don't!

Sorry. But what's a "huge storyline" as opposed to a Fair City storyline anyway?

Here a few months ago, we had people moaning about Fair City's "dragged out" domestic abuse storyline....even tho it only lasted about 2 months between the time of the first assault and the final resolution. A unique, different, original storyline that they hadn't done before.

Corrie on the other hand have had their 3rd or 4th resident serial killer of the last 10 years running around knocking people off for the guts of TWO YEARS that's only coming to a climax this week!!

The thing that strikes me about Corrie is the fact that you can go several weeks without seeing an episode, sit down and pick it up again straight away because the stories are STILL at the exact same point as they were the last feckin time you saw it. And it's easy to see why. If each episode has a running time of about 23 minutes, study the breakdown of how those 23 minutes are spent. The vast majority of the time, all bar 3 to 5 minutes of it, is killed away by time killer's involving charachters not involved in the current major storyline, sitting around in the pub talking absolute ****e! It's a bit different this week cos two long (VERY LONG) running stories are coming to a head. And then there's the other RIDICULOUS story of yer man Graham marrying a complete stranger to help her stay in the country - which if it happened in Fair City would be laughed off the stage!

Bravo, Laois_Man! Well Said :)

angel01 wrote: »

I loved the scene with Louie, Carol and Bob.. Louie's face was a picture :D:D

I agree, Angel01. Louie coming in the door of McCoy's, seeing Bob behind the bar. Atmosphere!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I was expecting that when they were looking for an English actor to play David, even a fairly narrow scope of one with a visable disability, they'd be able to find a very very good one......

Watching last night episode, imagine my disappointment!

He did come across a bit wooden last night. Maybe that will change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Bravo, Laois_Man! Well Said :)

Yeah...you'll notice that I wrote that when it was apparent that Corrie's latest 18-month long serial Killer sortyline was coming to a conclusion last week. But of course now he's escaped, no doubt it'll drag on for another good few months yet! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

Have to say I disagree Laois_Man. I'm surprised to find myself liking the story line with Esther and Charlie and I think Eileen Colgan is doing a great job.

I thought the actor who plays David was great last night and I think the storyline is very clever. It's rare to see a character with a physical disability in a soap. Well done Fair City!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was expecting that when they were looking for an English actor to play David, even a fairly narrow scope of one with a visable disability, they'd be able to find a very very good one......

Watching last night episode, imagine my disappointment!

I thought he did ok. Esther kinda looked at him with disgust a few times I thought, she is always high and mighty even to her own son :mad: I really dont like Esther btw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Did Esther put up her son for adaption because of his disability?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

So Esther was over weight as a kid?She must have grown up in the 40's,I'd say she was the only over weight child in the country!:P

• Advertisement

STIG83 wrote: »
    Did Esther put up her son for adaption because of his disability?

Looks like it. Pathetic auld cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Is the new disabled character in it just to show he can use a mobile phone and pour a cup of tea from a teapot?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Anyone else notice that Vinos and The Station for the past week have constantly being playing music by The National?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Jo:
    " I've never gone skinny-dipping. Could you imagine?"
    I really dont want to imagine that ! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mad-dog21

WTF was up with the pure sh*te acting by Caoimhe in the kitchen before she quickly left off?? I was hiding behind my hands and cringing at some of the other awful acting tonight. Joe should be shot with balls of her own sh*te she is a mutant. Would love to see a Fair City after dark special get to see a few of them with there t*ts out and make it interesting

max life wrote: »
    Jo:
    " I've never gone skinny-dipping. Could you imagine?"
    I really dont want to imagine that ! :mad:

Who is the lucky fellow, Dermot or the farming hurler from Kilkenny.

Mad-dog21 wrote: »
    WTF was up with the pure sh*te acting by Caoimhe in the kitchen before she quickly left off?? I was hiding behind my hands and cringing at some of the other awful acting tonight. Joe should be shot with balls of her own sh*te she is a mutant. Would love to see a Fair City after dark special get to see a few of them with there t*ts out and make it interesting

Is it a bedroom scene with Charlie and Ester you have in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Who is the lucky fellow, Dermot or the farming hurler from Kilkenny.
    I'd say she will have an affair with the doctor's husband. Hard to blame her, Dermot is as dull as dish water.

Is it a bedroom scene with Charlie and Ester you have in mind.

Not quite what i had in mind:pac::pac: was thinking more along the lines of Barry and that toad Mrs.Bishop, if the kissing scene was anything the bedroom scenes would be hot as hell

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I'd say she will have an affair with the doctor's husband. Hard to blame her, Dermot is as dull as dish water.

He might be an improvement. Surprised no one has made a go for Judith.

• Advertisement

Not quite what i had in mind:pac::pac: was thinking more along the lines of Barry and that toad Mrs.Bishop, if the kissing scene was anything the bedroom scenes would be hot as hell

Thank God for that. I dont think we would be able for Charlie and Ester.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Surprised no one has made a go for Judith.

I'm thinking Dean might have a little go on her.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Caoimhe Dillon god love us, surely men would run for miles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

I know!!!! She overacts absolutely everything! (am I talking about Jo or Caoimhe) lol!! But seriously, they need to axe Caoimhe. She's as bad as I have seen in the show for a long time. It's like she doesn't understand scenes.

Eradicate wrote: »
    I know!!!! She overacts absolutely everything! (am I talking about Jo or Caoimhe) lol!! But seriously, they need to axe Caoimhe. She's as bad as I have seen in the show for a long time. It's like she doesn't understand scenes.

Totally agree and would you not think when other actors are doing a scene with her they are just thinking in their head "jesus, your sh*te"

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So was that suppose to be the "park" that Suzanne got attacked in :confused:

+ 1 on all the negative comments about Caoimhe's acting she is terrible and whats with her awful mouth I wanna smack the tv when she in on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Where is Laura Halpin?

Anyone see when Sean poured the pint for Mark it wasnt even a full pint?

Good advertising going on for Trabolgan too!!

STIG83 wrote: »
    Anyone see when Sean poured the pint for Mark it wasnt even a full pint?

Good advertising going on for Trabolgan too!!

With all the mentions, are they thinking or have they filmed a few eposites or part of there.

• Advertisement

With all the mentions, are they thinking or have they filmed a few eposites or part of there.

Good question!! some on this might know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement