Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

That dirty oul bag r*din' Charlie really does take the biscuit for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

max life wrote: »
    Jo has got to be the most annoying character in FC. Whenever she is on screen, i feel like turning down the sound....even more annoying than Caoimhe IMHO.

And supposed to be full of herself in reaal life, heard from a few people that she really thinks she is someone. I agree, very annoying, very ugly and totally useless as an actress.

I love Esther, she can really deliver the one liners..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Hats off to fair city for the David/Suzanne storyline. Never seen anything like it on tv before. Fair play to them for pushing the envelope. Wasn't sure about David at first, but he really has grown on me.
    Also liking Dean and Yvonne. Good scenes between them.
    Dermot is the only saving grace from the AWFUL tommy/Jo fiasco!! She is a panto actress, I've never seen such OTT acting. And tommy just comes across as a total sleaze! I get no feeling of guilt or anything! It's like he's just reading the lines, without understanding the seriousness of the situation. Dermot however is excellent and comes away with all the sympathy! Great actor. One of the best in the show for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Eradicate wrote: »
    Hats off to fair city for the David/Suzanne storyline. Never seen anything like it on tv before. Fair play to them for pushing the envelope. Wasn't sure about David at first, but he really has grown on me.
    Dermot is the only saving grace from the AWFUL tommy/Jo fiasco!! She is a panto actress, I've never seen such OTT acting. And tommy just comes across as a total sleaze! I get no feeling of guilt or anything! It's like he's just reading the lines, without understanding the seriousness of the situation. Dermot however is excellent and comes away with all the sympathy! Great actor. One of the best in the show for me.

Is the actress that plays Jo, a drama or acting teacher/instructor or maybe it is Tracey i am thinking off. If she is she should take a few lessons. Agree with peoples opinion on her acting ability at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Eradicate wrote: »

Perhaps thats just the supposed attributes of Tommys character?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Is the actress that plays Jo, a drama or acting teacher/instructor or maybe it is Tracey i am thinking off. If she is she should take a few lessons. Agree with peoples opinion on her acting ability at times.
    Yeah you are correct. Jo is an acting teacher outside of FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Yeah you are correct. Jo is an acting teacher outside of FC.

And does Louie Gleeson dress up as a clown and do kids parties?!
    Coz tbh that makes more sense :P

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

I only noticed tonight what a ridiculous kitchen Vinos has. I mean we only ever see Dean chopping a single onion or something. My pokey kitchen has more space/equipment and that's saying something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Anyone else twig that when David asked Ester the name of his father, she appeared to make up a fake name.

Is it gonna turn out to be someone we know?

What's the chances of it turning out to be Bella....and we discover that Suzanne is shaggin her half brother? I know they've done that story before but since when does that stop them? And it would be a twist to Esters reasons for the determination to sabotage their relationship.

For the record I think Ester is a good actress but a bit one-dimensional. When it comes to the heavy emotion scenes, I don't think she's too good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Kazbah wrote: »
    I only noticed tonight what a ridiculous kitchen Vinos has. I mean we only ever see Dean chopping a single onion or something. My pokey kitchen has more space/equipment and that's saying something!!

Yeah it's tiny actually for a restaurant!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Jo has got to be the most annoying character in FC. Whenever she is on screen, i feel like turning down the sound....even more annoying than Caoimhe IMHO.

I agree , I cant stand her

STIG83 wrote: »
    Yeah it's tiny actually for a restaurant!!

Where do they get the money to seat out so much. If its not the Hungry Pig its rainbows or what ever its called, if they are not in McCoys they are in the station. Money seems to be no problem in carraigstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Where do they get the money to seat out so much. If its not the Hungry Pig its rainbows or what ever its called, if they are not in McCoys they are in the station. Money seems to be no problem in carraigstown.

The Dillions are usually the only ones that seem to cook themselves (now and again)

kippy wrote: »
    The Dillions are usually the only ones that seem to cook themselves (now and again)

And they are the ones you would expect that have the money, Judith been a doctor and all that.

And they are the ones you would expect that have the money, Judith been a doctor and all that.

True - I think maybe I've seen Jo and Dermot cook the odd time.
    Sure in fairness, it's a soap and follows the usual soap rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Anyone else twig that when David asked Ester the name of his father, she appeared to make up a fake name.

Is it gonna turn out to be someone we know?

What's the chances of it turning out to be Bella....and we discover that Suzanne is shaggin her half brother? I know they've done that story before but since when does that stop them? And it would be a twist to Esters reasons for the determination to sabotage their relationship.

For the record I think Ester is a good actress but a bit one-dimensional. When it comes to the heavy emotion scenes, I don't think she's too good!

Isnt Bella younger than Esther?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

What age is Bella, Could have been a toy-boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭Speak Now

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What age is Bella, Could have been a toy-boy.

Would they both be late 60's??
    She wouldnt be much older if at all i'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

It is no different to any other soap, take Eastenders, they are always in the Indian Restaurant, Caff or at the pub, every single day.. same with Corrie, they have their lunch in the pub/caff (drinking :rolleyes:) and then always there the same night... unrealistic but such is the life of a soap...

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

the scene last week where tommy dileen came in from the garden wearing a vest, was daft! jo got all hot and bothered by the sight of him! WHY??? her acting is woeful and he is trying to hard to be daddy cool.

have to say though, that tommy isnt a bad looking geezer.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Really enjoyed tonights episode. I could see where the Dermot and Jo story was going. I never thought I'd say this but "Jo is looking hot lately". :)

I really liked the Father / Daughter scene with Bella and Suzanne. It was very believable.

Esther's line to Charlie,.."She's like Saint Suzanne to you!", was great.:)
    I like Charlie. In some ways he reminds me of my own Dad.

For a minute there I thought I was watching East Enders when I heard Davids cockney accent when he was threatening Mark.

Please support the request for a fair city forum!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056301106

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Please support the request for a fair city forum!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056301106

This thread is almost three years old and just over 13000 posts in it, hardly justifies a forum of its own?

kippy wrote: »
    This thread is almost three years old and just over 13000 posts in it, hardly justifies a forum of its own?

I just said I'd let others know the request was there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I don't think there was anything in my earlier observation. After watching tonights episode, I no longer believe Ester made up a fake name for the dad. I now put it down to ****e acting!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

A separate forum would revitalize Fair City, and attract a new audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

When they are not out eating and drinking they pay 20 quid for a bottle of wine from McCoys. Plus they bypass their houses half the time to get takeaway coffees all day. Defo no recession in FC!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

What's the deal with Neasa and Finn?! I thought there was going to be some major passionate kiss last night and it ended up being a little kiss on the lips! Finn is so yum - Neasa is very lucky!:D

Kazbah wrote: »
    When they are not out eating and drinking they pay 20 quid for a bottle of wine from McCoys. Plus they bypass their houses half the time to get takeaway coffees all day. Defo no recession in FC!!

Just show how poor some of the research that goes into Fair City. Some of them must still believe the Celtic Tiger is still around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Finn is one lucky man !!!!;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement