Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Just show how poor some of the research that goes into Fair City. Some of them must still believe the Celtic Tiger is still around.

Nobody needs to do research to know the Celtic Tiger is no more. For any soap opera to work, neighbouring characters have to encounter each other frequently and there's only so many times Jo and Tommy can accidentally bump into each other in the street!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Nobody needs to do research to know the Celtic Tiger is no more. For any soap opera to work, neighbouring characters have to encounter each other frequently and there's only so many times Jo and Tommy can accidentally bump into each other in the street!

True. There's also a limit to how many outdoor scenes they can film. If Jo and Tommy bump into each other audibly, the German ambassador has a hernia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Anyone else twig that when David asked Ester the name of his father, she appeared to make up a fake name.

Is it gonna turn out to be someone we know?

What's the chances of it turning out to be Bella....and we discover that Suzanne is shaggin her half brother? I know they've done that story before but since when does that stop them? And it would be a twist to Esters reasons for the determination to sabotage their relationship.

For the record I think Ester is a good actress but a bit one-dimensional. When it comes to the heavy emotion scenes, I don't think she's too good!

It's not Bela it's
    Cass

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

julyjane wrote: »
    It's not Bela it's
    Cass

Makes more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i'd like to be stuck with nessa and sash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

i'd like to be stuck with nessa and sash

Stuck between them you mean? All my Birthdays and Xmas' would come at once if that happened!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

It's not Bela it's
    Cass

Never taut of him!!!

It's not Bela it's
    Cass

Paul Brennan will be delighted he cant be blamed of another affair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

FAIR City star Aoibhin Garrihy admits her kissing scenes can be too much at times for her family and boyfriend.

Her character, man-eater Neasa Dillon, is now locking lips with Finn, her third love interest since her arrival in Carrigstown a year ago. While Aoibhin is "delighted" to be working on a new relationship plotline and no longer embarrassed about her kissing scenes, she admitted that her boyfriend was less pleased.

"It's true that he doesn't find it easy at times," she revealed, adding that she wanted to keep his identity private. "But he is very supportive. "Initially it was a bit of a shock especially for my grandparents but I think they're getting used to the whole idea," she said. Aoibhin hopes that flirty Finn will help her character as she recovers from her late partner Turlough's death.

Neasa was left heartbroken after her fiance lost his life, but thanks to flirtatious Finn, she has been having fun and viewers saw her kiss Finn.

Castleknock native Aoibhin (23) is looking forward to a light-hearted storyline.

Her character's previous romance with Turlough angered her father Tommy. Their relationship ended when a broken mirror killed Turlough.

Meanwhile, Aoibhin will be starring in a play this weekend in Cork alongside her Fair City colleague Sam Peter Corry, who plays Robert Daly in the soap. Stop/over is the story of two people remembering one fateful weekend they spent in New York ten years ago.

I have finally caught up as I had nearly 2 weeks of episodes to watch... a few thoughts that I have...

How has suddenly Dean seemed to be the most amazing sex god and have the powers that woman seem drawn to him all of a sudden, Unrealistic and totally ridiculous storyline. All these women are flocking around him and why did he need to sleep with that Richie one (especially with the Tracey link) :rolleyes:

Caoimhe has to be the most irritating person to have hit Carrigstown, the faces she puts on, her general behaviour... aargh. :eek:

I am actually liking the storyline with Jo & Dermot but I really wish she wouldn't go down that route with Tommy as Dermot is a nice guy but probably doesn't realise what he is doing and pushing Jo away :(:(

The Suzanne & David storyline is good to watch and I do quite like him, he has settled into that part well.. I like his scenes with Esther, I do really like Esther, she plays that part superbly.

The more I see of the Station, the more I can't take it seriously, the thing with the tips was stupid, Caoimhe announced to a pub that had maybe 3 people in it... The sets are just too small. Where is the actual ovens/grills in Vinos for instance? Nowhere to be seen in the back room... and as for Phelans, that has hardly anything in it lol...

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »
    I have finally caught up as I had nearly 2 weeks of episodes to watch... a few thoughts that I have...

How has suddenly Dean seemed to be the most amazing sex god and have the powers that woman seem drawn to him all of a sudden, Unrealistic and totally ridiculous storyline.

Some of us are saying this with a while that the Fair City Bosses are coming up with story lines and scripts with a while are are so far fetched, that even Aunty Poppy that used to be on 2FM or was it Radio 2 back then, or Walter Mitty could not come up with.

I am not getting at you, but all along when things are pointed out you did not want to seem to know, and defended the show to the hilts, so much so you had some people questioning of you were involved in the show some way. You have used small budgets compared to the UK soaps have as an excuse etc. This is something i reject as the writers etc are paid the same no matter what they come up with. I feel they are commissioned to do the job and what they come up with has to be accepted. I am not a regular viewer of Ros na Run on TG4 but when i do watch it, the story lines seem to be ok, and i am sure that they have an even smaller budget than what RTE has for Fair City.

Maybe now that you have used words like Unrealistic and Ridiculous, you might see what we are saying with a while, and maybe those behind the show that do read what is said on here about the show might just start to get things right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Poor Tommy has no taste.

When Jo rejected Tommy's call, that had to be the fastest sent text message from Tommy!! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I wouuldnt give 10C for that trolop.

Tommy will be doing something at the Fahey's aright!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I wouuldnt give 10C for that trolop.

jaysus I dont know.. she's got a fine bod on her.. but I say you wouldnt have a tube of toothpaste left in the house with her..

jaysus I dont know.. she's got a fine bod on her.. but I say you wouldnt have a tube of toothpaste left in the house with her..
    Definitely fine body on her!! but she is annoying as hell, so immature the other night when she saw Neasa lob the gob on Finn, the scream from her like a school girl!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

The auction scene in The Station was a bit predictable. Tommy happens to bid and surprise, surprise Dermot gets him as the handyman and Jo has just been kissing him. It is just too much. Jo is irritating, what are we going to endure watching the two of them. Too much. Puts me off. I'm switching off Fair City. Go away Jo! Makes me puke just seeing her all passionate inside that lift. If he is going to have an affair, pick someone worth having an affair with. Give me strength.

STIG83 wrote: »
    Definitely fine body on her!! but she is annoying as hell, so immature the other night when she saw Neasa lob the gob on Finn, the scream from her like a school girl!! :rolleyes:

Was the same when she say Tommy in a sleaveless shirt.

starryeye wrote: »
    The auction scene in The Station was a bit predictable. Tommy happens to bid and surprise, surprise Dermot gets him as the handyman and Jo has just been kissing him. It is just too much. Jo is irritating, what are we going to endure watching the two of them. Too much. Puts me off. I'm switching off Fair City. Go away Jo! Makes me puke just seeing her all passionate inside that lift. If he is going to have an affair, pick someone worth having an affair with. Give me strength.

Bella? Christy? Cass? Leo?

Stephen, He does not say much and does what hes told. He might be ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

STIG83 wrote: »
    When Jo rejected Tommy's call, that had to be the fastest sent text message from Tommy!! :rolleyes:

+1

Also, anyone else notice her phone kept ringing for a few seconds after she rejected it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

+1

Also, anyone else notice her phone kept ringing for a few seconds after she rejected it :rolleyes:
    Yeah i noticed that aswell. Lazy editing

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

Anybody else think that Tommy was especially unperturbed after the kiss - as though nothing had happened?

Very out of character for the honest to goodness family man.

Could it be something to do with the knock on the head he got before Christmas?

Not long after that the son came to Judith to say that Tommy was going on about the cows, but she brushed it aside?

I said If HE is going to have an affair he should pick someone worth having an affair with.

Your suggestions of Bella, Christy, Cass, Leo and Stephen imply that Tommy is gay. I didn't realise that. Thanks for enlightening me.

starryeye wrote: »
    I said If HE is going to have an affair he should pick someone worth having an affair with.

Your suggestions of Bella, Christy, Cass, Leo and Stephen imply that Tommy is gay. I didn't realise that. Thanks for enlightening me.

Woops. It says HE and not SHE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Wow.. .. no build up to that "affair" AT ALL....

She goes from all flustered to taking the lead in the elevator?

Eh....fail

It is Affair City after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Ha was just thinking of how Denzo liked Caoimhe ages ago lol

:D To see him put up with her......

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Errrr Dean clearly has no real interest in Caoimhe, why is he trying to keep things going with her all of a sudden?

• Advertisement

Well .... It was all very rushed with Jo & Tommy and Tommy didn't seem to blink twice at kissing her and neither seemed to have much regret, It seemed somehow quite false with the pair of them. After being with Dermot for so long, you would think she wouldn't just rush into it :(:(

I couldn't give a damn about Dean/Caoimhe/Neasa/Yvonne, I am not buying into any of it.

I like Esther/David/Suzanne/Charlie, nice to see a bit of happiness there...

Missing Wayne, Pete, Dolores and would like Damien to get a bit of a storyline, he seems to be like a spare part recently :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement