Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

in broad daylight in front of a shop window- they kiss!! again in her house at the front door with a window! make it realistic for gods sake! where next?? outside the hungry pig, shifting up against a wall!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

in broad daylight in front of a shop window- they kiss!! again in her house at the front door with a window! make it realistic for gods sake! where next?? outside the hungry pig, shifting up against a wall!!
    Yeah i have to agree....very unrealistic.
    Tommy ( to Jo) : " You are a smart sexy woman ". :eek: :confused:
    He definitely needs his eyes tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

i think tommy is kinda hot though. he might be taking over james may as my "no-strings" man!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

Tommy needs to go to Specsavers. Great to see Wayne back and interested in Laura even if there is the slight problem of her being gay.
    Bring back Robert.

Does Tommy have any conscience at all? It is a if he doesn't have the ability to remember that he is married. Not a teeny weeny ounce of hesitation or guilt. I'd like Bob to notice him and Jo as they are not afraid of been seen. Leo nearly caught them coming in the shop door and Dermot nearly caught them coming in the door. Any chance Bob might come in the door?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Since when is Laura a lesbian?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Since when is Laura a lesbian?!
    Since Wayne expressed an interest in her. :pac:

Actually she's always been gay afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

After keeping up to date with all things Fair City related on here for a long time, decided to sign up and join the party!

For me the best characters are Cass, Bob, Sash & Robert. Louie was in that list but is slightly edged out of it at the moment. We all have our favourites :)

In particular i think Eamon Morrisey has brought so much to the show as Cass...he has a great range as an actor...comedy gold in the role he mostly has been given, and can also show emotional depth when the writers do decide to give him a few scenes that require it!

Bob is great as the scheming villian, played wonderfully by Bryan Murray.

Sash....love those PJ's :D and is very believable as the ''hoyiya..story bud'' working class girl who despite being a bit rough around the edges, has her heart in the right place..there are so many angles that the writers can go with her and look forward to seeing how this character develops in the weeks and months ahead.

Robert...fair play to the actor who always makes his scenes believable playing a character who has a mild disability can be difficult to pull off believably, but he gets it spot on!

Other honourable mentions:

Dr Dillon...really coming into her own in the last few weeks I think...

Christy..played the spurned 'other man' descending into the abyss..yet somehow recovering with time very well. Kudos!!

I just can not warm to Caoimhe as all, and her character is just so ANNOYING!!! i think they're going down the Paris Hilton type self obsessed air head route with the character...there are some girls around this town who are actually like this...so in some ways it's realistic, but I still hate the character!!

Laura....i'm indifferent to her so far anyway

Wayne and Peat...individually weak as characters but comedy gold when working together...should only be seen together!!

Characters who I think are 'dispensible' and would not grieve their passing on........Orla, Keith, Laura, Mark, Caoimhe, Dean, Philip, Sean, Deco, Denzo, Rita, Fr Art.

Bring back Ali, Cleo, Connie & Caitriona....especially Ali & Cleo.....Caitriona would be a more rounded and less annoying character than Caoimhe..so a straight swap there please!!
    More of Rachel, Deegan, Sash and Robert please too!!

I guess we'll be seeing Bazzo counting out the 50 euros on the counter again soon!;)

The characters I would not miss are: Caoimhe, Dean, Keith, Sean, Niamh, Jo, Laura, Mark and Suzanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

i think tommy is kinda hot though. he might be taking over james may as my "no-strings" man!:o

I agree....some of the storyline is cringey but there's just something about him!

• Advertisement

but I emphasise that I would really like CAOIMHE to at the very least emigrate if she can't find a better way of making a quick departure.... please! There are so many countries other than Ireland to live in Caoimhe. Take the hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

starryeye wrote: »
    but I emphasise that I would really like CAOIMHE to at the very least emigrate if she can't find a better way of making a quick departure.... please! There are so many countries other than Ireland to live in Caoimhe. Take the hint.

She epitomises everything wrong with what a woman can do in a relationship. She's so clingy and thick...jebus!

Is Tommy (Actor's name Geoff Minogue) any relation to Kylie?

Geoff Minogue

t_125561962119_GeoffMinogue.jpg For all the ladies. Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So was that suppose to be the "park" that Suzanne got attacked in :confused:

+ 1 on all the negative comments about Caoimhe's acting she is terrible and whats with her awful mouth I wanna smack the tv when she in on
    She may be annoying, but would you not want to shift her..ha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

I nearly lost my dinner when Tommy growled I want you.
    Find myself fancying Damo these days.
    Delighted to see Wayne too.
    The sibling rivalry has the potential to be a good storyline but Caoimhe will probably make it less watchable!!

I wouldn't miss Zach, Phillip, Stephen, Orla, Barry, Niamh.
    I want more Robert, Cass, Wayne, Finn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Welcome to Okocim, great post, I don't have time to properly reply right now but just wanted to welcome you to the thread!!

The more the merrier, if anyone is lurking, please post, we love lots of opinions and we are nice!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

I am back up to speed now....always takes a little more time for me to catch up as I'm in Asia.

To be honest Jo and Tommy would make a decent couple...both are very active in the community and very hands on kinda people. I saw it coming for a while and wonder how long it will last. I say he has a streak of it in him and there's a lot to their (Dillion's) past we don't know. Definitely a lot of potential for the writers. Also about the Dillon sisters I think it is obvious that Tommy has a favorite - Neasa and doesn't care much about Caoimhe (to be fair she's a bit over the top all the time in Neasa's shadow so perhaps he has given up on her).

Esther's son is doing a great job. Settled in very well and also finding what's going on with Susanne's history gives a re-cap for any who have missed that story line with Damien.

Leo was quite a ladies man so kinda understandably his son will be the same. He would be happy enough with Caoimhe if she wasn't so clingy. All screams of no attention from daddy when she was young.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

A rebel by nature, with a keen sense of justice, Caoimhe refuses to let others define her.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/characters/caoimhedillon.html

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Okocim wrote: »
    After keeping up to date with all things Fair City related on here for a long time, decided to sign up and join the party!

For me the best characters are Cass, Bob, Sash & Robert. Louie was in that list but is slightly edged out of it at the moment. We all have our favourites :)

In particular i think Eamon Morrisey has brought so much to the show as Cass...he has a great range as an actor...comedy gold in the role he mostly has been given, and can also show emotional depth when the writers do decide to give him a few scenes that require it!

Bob is great as the scheming villian, played wonderfully by Bryan Murray.

Sash....love those PJ's :D and is very believable as the ''hoyiya..story bud'' working class girl who despite being a bit rough around the edges, has her heart in the right place..there are so many angles that the writers can go with her and look forward to seeing how this character develops in the weeks and months ahead.

Robert...fair play to the actor who always makes his scenes believable playing a character who has a mild disability can be difficult to pull off believably, but he gets it spot on!

Other honourable mentions:

Dr Dillon...really coming into her own in the last few weeks I think...

Christy..played the spurned 'other man' descending into the abyss..yet somehow recovering with time very well. Kudos!!

I just can not warm to Caoimhe as all, and her character is just so ANNOYING!!! i think they're going down the Paris Hilton type self obsessed air head route with the character...there are some girls around this town who are actually like this...so in some ways it's realistic, but I still hate the character!!

Laura....i'm indifferent to her so far anyway

Wayne and Peat...individually weak as characters but comedy gold when working together...should only be seen together!!

Characters who I think are 'dispensible' and would not grieve their passing on........Orla, Keith, Laura, Mark, Caoimhe, Dean, Philip, Sean, Deco, Denzo, Rita, Fr Art.

Bring back Ali, Cleo, Connie & Caitriona....especially Ali & Cleo.....Caitriona would be a more rounded and less annoying character than Caoimhe..so a straight swap there please!!
    More of Rachel, Deegan, Sash and Robert please too!!

I guess we'll be seeing Bazzo counting out the 50 euros on the counter again soon!;)

What relation was he to the rest of the Boswell's in Bread. He used to stay at Grandads at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

aramush wrote: »
    Great to see Suzane's face has gone through a miracle healing process.

thought that myself!! bruises don't fade that quickly (i've one on my leg still there over a week hahahaha)
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope
    Carol's baby is Christy's
    don't you just know it will be! that's what soaps always do lol
    angel01 wrote: »
    I am looking forward to this storyline..
    but surely if she is 5 months, she would be a bit bigger?
    too true!!!! must be a tiny baby. else they got stuck for story ideas and came on here for one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

closeline wrote: »
    She may be annoying, but would you not want to shift her..ha :)

Someone shift her off Fair City please

Loved Wayne last night very funny

wayne is always hilarious! he's quality :D

oh and geoff minogue looks better with short hair!

nobody answered my question the other day with what happened to barry? how did that storyline fizzle out? (really don't want to see him counting 50's again!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

nobody answered my question the other day with what happened to barry? how did that storyline fizzle out? (really don't want to see him counting 50's again!!!!)

It hasn't fizzled out. He'll pop up again in a week or two, still laundering money and having somehow still gone undetected all this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The actress who plays Jo looks very uncomfortable doing the kissing scenes with Tommy imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

A sneak preview at the script for this week's episode.

There will be a sibling rivalry show-down this week in the Dillon house hold!

Last Sunday, Caoimhe was humiliated in the Station when she tried to go head to head with Neasa in an auction for a date. Fresh from the sting of that embarrassment, Caoimhe now suspects Neasa is meddling in her love life. Sit back and watch jealousy rear its ugly head!
    For any of you who can't wait for tomorrow night, Wednesday's, episode, below is an exclusive sneak peek at the script. So, if you don't appreciate spoilers, click away now.
    Finn
    You knew we liked each other, and you deliberately ruined it.
    Caoimhe
    BRAVE FACE
    It had nothing to do with you.
    Finn
    You can't mess people around like this. Please tell her the truth.
    Caoimhe
    And what's that?
    Finn
    I did not come onto you.
    Caoimhe
    You didn't turn me down either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Does anyone think the Jo/Tommy affair storyline is utterly ridiculous? The Fair City scriptwriters (as usual, about as subtle as a sledgehammer) spent most of the past couple of weeks turning Dermish, sorry Dermot into a Class A moron so that we would then be capable of "understanding" how Jo could begin an affair with Tommy.

It's not helped by the fact that the actors who play Jo and Tommy couldn't act their way out of a paper bag. The guy who plays Tommy goes around with a permanent smirk on his face so it's impossible to know when he's being serious or when he's joking, and even though the actress playing Jo comes from my home town of Cork, her high-pitched jittery accent is truly awful. Most of the time she sounds like a frustrated Mother Superior. Even though the guy who plays Leo is by far the worst actor in the history of Fair City (and that's saying something folks), the actors playing Jo and Tommy are also now due an honourable mention when it comes to tacky thespianism.

Having said all that, I must now toddle off and watch tonight's episode.... :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

God i hate that winey bitch Caoimhe, i wouldnt go near her with a barge poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Cummybaby

Yvonne Doyle is positively hot. Lesbian or not she can ruin my life any day:D

• Advertisement

laura just littered in the street :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement