Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i have to agree with alot of what i've read on recent posts. there's always been talk on here about continuity issues and the finer details...
    even there a few weeks ago when the set wobbled a bit - we all noticed.
    maybe it's because they are rushing to do 4 episodes a week; i don't know... but i think they should put in a bit more effort into the details of things.
    even with it's sometimes poorly written storylines & scripts - we are still there watching it and enjoying it in some way.

have never been a big fan of dermot, but that's nothing to do with acting, but more the type of character he is. but i still would miss him if he weren't there. he's part of the furniture. jo's voice does vibrate something fierce in my head though. i find it very entertaining that she is now about to embark on an affair. i always thought she was a goody two shoes so i am a bit surprised, but i think by this storyline it will show another side to her character and it might make me appreciate or like her a bit. it's a change from the DERMISH! we have to hear every other time...!

i do love wayne, he is so awesome. i can't wait to see what laura has in store for him. i think because she is a different actress playing the part some of you have written her off, but like all new characters or actors, it takes a while to warm to them. we shall see how she gets on!

apart from the littering.....................i did enjoy last night's episode :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I might get crucified for saying this, but in terms of acting and production values, Glenroe always wiped the floor with Fair City. I think the axing of Glenroe was a travesty and was probably decided by a D4 RTE executive who'd never seen a cow in his life and was driven purely by a profit and loss account in front of him on his desk.

I agree 100%. RTE is to Dublin orientated. Almost every programme they do or have done for them is set in Dublin. The exceptions might be Ear to the Ground, is that still on RTE, and Killinascully which after two seasons was as unbeliveable as Fair City is at times.

rogercar wrote: »
    Again. I agree with the above. But let's not forget Glenroe was only one episode per week. Fair City have four. But FC should concenrtate on their interior and exterior sets. The show badly needs a revamp. And whilst they are at it they should concentrate more on attention to detail generally, eg drinking from empty cups, no steam coming from hot tea/coffee pots etc.
    I think axing Glenroe was a huge mistake, it had great potential, I think they or, TV3 should bring it back or something similar.

Maybe RTE might be better off cutting Fair City to One or two eposides a week and get the bloody thing right, or else get rid of some of the crowd they have right now and get in people that are able to make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I agree 100%. RTE is to Dublin orientated. Almost every programme they do or have done for them is set in Dublin.

I guess you never heard of Glenroe or the Riordains? Nationwide?

Heard on the Radio that Fair City will be very steamy this evening. Another Tommy and Jo kiss so is it.

• Advertisement

Riskymove wrote: »
    I guess you never heard of Glenroe or the Riordains? Nationwide?

In recent years, i meant. Have also heard of Bracken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

Not one person thanked me on this thread for posting picture of Geoff Minogue aka Tommy Dillon. I won't make that mistake again.

Starryeye thank you. No. Not even one. ..........................................................................................................................................................................Not to worry!

As Derek Mooney would say BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Heard on the Radio that Fair City will be very steamy this evening. Another Tommy and Jo kiss so is it.

I'd say it more than a kiss tonight

Tommy seems to have turned into a sleazy sex pest the last few episodes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Whats up with all the very forced situations to show us that David can use his hands just like anyone else?

I have never seen somebody carry, move, lift etc.. as much as he has in the last couple of weeks. The props department will be running out of stuff for him to hold pretty soon.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Whats up with all the very forced situations to show us that David can use his hands just like anyone else?

I have never seen somebody carry, move, lift etc.. as much as he has in the last couple of weeks. The props department will be running out of stuff for him to hold pretty soon.

Its brilliant to see. As a disabled person from birth, I hope it is showing people that just because you dont have normal hands or legs or what ever or full use of them, that we can get along with things everyone else can do, but maybe in a different way. However there is still things that disabled people will need help with, despite finding ways around most obsticles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Tbh it prompted me to think how does he tie his shoelaces or belt his trousers? :confused:

I know, I'm going straight to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Some subtle laughs in last night's episode. Laura and her real-life game of Frogger :D

Also, it's nice to see they now have teleporters in Carrigstown...either that or Neasa can teleport herself :eek:. They are the only explainations of how she managed to read Caoimhe's text, presumably pay for her coffee (in Vino's?), leave Vino's and arrive back in her house within 5 seconds. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Missed last night's episode, so what exactly did Laura do regards the littering? Anyone catch her doing it?

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Tbh it prompted me to think how does he tie his shoelaces or belt his trousers? :confused:

I know, I'm going straight to hell.

Didnt he explain that last night, he can move his hands around to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

I think the Caoimhe/Neasa storyline is very good. For once it's realistic and subtle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

STIG83 wrote: »
    Missed last night's episode, so what exactly did Laura do regards the littering? Anyone catch her doing it?

she was taking the wrapper off a cornetto and she let the top of it fall onto the ground .. couldn't tell whether it was an "unnoticed" accident or if it were on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Tommy is making me a bit ill.... when he talked about fantasizing about Jo, urgh!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

The second picture is a bit false especially Jo's pose...:eek: Very model like...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Delighted at what Yvonne said to Caoimhe. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Ah I forgot about the repeat today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

One of Suzanne's tits hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    0004ae23-628.jpg
    0004b17e-628.jpg

I wonder what happened between the first picture and the second picture? Do ye think Tommy might have farted?
    Always a passion killer ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Poor Tommy !

Thanks Gingersnaps. I'm glad someone knows I exist.

Tommy expected Nessa to finish with Turlough pretty quickly and get over him which I agree is understandable. However, she was young and wasn't married with four kids. What is his excuse? Jo or Judith? At least Judith doesn't boss him around with her whinging in a high pitched squeaky voice all the time. Imagine the headaches listening to Jo 24/7. Judith won't provide the painkillers for him. Is Jo better looking than Judith?
    Dermot may thank him in time after the initial shock and has some peace and quiet and the ability to think for himself for a change. Tommy, you don't know when you are well off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Does anyone else remember the awful RTE "comedy" show called Upwardly Mobile? The actress who plays Judith was in it. I can't take her posh-voiced doctor character seriously, considering the fact that she played a skanger in UM. :D

Does anyone else remember the awful RTE "comedy" show called Upwardly Mobile? The actress who plays Judith was in it. I can't take her posh-voiced doctor character seriously, considering the fact that she played a skanger in UM. :D

She sounds the same now as when she played Dolores in Fair City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Its brilliant to see. As a disabled person from birth, I hope it is showing people that just because you dont have normal hands or legs or what ever or full use of them, that we can get along with things everyone else can do, but maybe in a different way. However there is still things that disabled people will need help with, despite finding ways around most obsticles.

I understand this of course but it just seems very forced in each episode.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement