Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

Who's the man with his arms stuck under his jacket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

I've just realised it's played by the little scumbucket in the McDonalds ad that doesn't want its van-driving Daddy to be an astronaut. :eek: I almost punched the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Sigourney wrote: »
    I've just realised it's played by the little scumbucket in the McDonalds ad that doesn't want its van-driving Daddy to be an astronaut. :eek: I almost punched the telly.

Who?

Poor Wayne!! :D

I don't know his name. A weird blondy yoke with black hairy-molly eyebrows. Poor Jo looked like she was gumming for a squirt of her asthma inhaler after she came up from beneath the duvet with Tommy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eldel

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    0004ae23-628.jpg
    0004b17e-628.jpg

Tommy's smirk was only for foreplay. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eldel

Sigourney wrote: »
    I don't know his name. A weird blondy yoke with black hairy-molly eyebrows. Poor Jo looked like she was gumming for a squirt of her asthma inhaler after she came up from beneath the duvet with Tommy.

Here's James O'Donohue aka 'Ben Fahey'. The busiest kid in showbusiness.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/characters/benjaminfahey.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3iC1bOq3PM&feature=player_embedded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

STIG83 wrote: »
    Poor Wayne!! :D

That was very funny wasnt it? Poor Wayne!! Good episode tonight i thought. Is that the first time we've seen the outside of the station?

Eldel wrote: »

You have to be taught to leave us alone. Leave. Us. Alone.
    evil-children-village-of-the-damned_601x256.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

mloc123 wrote: »
    I understand this of course but it just seems very forced in each episode.

There is a hell of a lot of people in need of educating when it comes to such matters, so i would not have a problem with it, so long as they do it right, which i think they are right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

i thought the part where leo was in the pub gawking at david putting his wallet away and then holding his drinks, was good. then the stupid comments from him after. i laughed because there are idiots like leo in real life who would stare and say something stupid to a disabled person. david is a natural actor too, hope he stays around.

Eradicate wrote: »
    That was very funny wasnt it? Poor Wayne!! Good episode tonight i thought. Is that the first time we've seen the outside of the station?

He really thought he was going to get into Laura's knickers!! Sorry Wayne she plays for the other side!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

mloc123 wrote: »
    Whats up with all the very forced situations to show us that David can use his hands just like anyone else?

I have never seen somebody carry, move, lift etc.. as much as he has in the last couple of weeks. The props department will be running out of stuff for him to hold pretty soon.

I was thinking the same myself - I met a fella a few years back (in Trabolgan would you believe) with telidemite (can't spell the word). Anyway I was so conscious not to stare and to talk to his eyes not his arms - everything was fine until I started to feel uncomfortable when I asked him "Did he want a hand", or it was costing "an arm and a leg" and it just went downhill (for me) from there. He thrashed me at pool by the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

I think David is doing quite well. D'you know I think this is the first time I've seen a Thalidomide survivor on an Irish soap - come to think of it, any soap.
    My Mam took Thalidomide while pregnant with me, however, I have no side effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Loved Wayne last night he is so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Havnt watched Fair City in weeks... Jo and Tommy? what the hell -how did that happen?

Misticles wrote: »
    Havnt watched Fair City in weeks... Jo and Tommy? what the hell -how did that happen?

It happened very fast, Jo had a crush on him and all of a sudden he wanted her and hey presto another affair begins

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

The Jo/tommy thing is so weird. It happened completely out of the blue. I don't really buy it at all. Someone mentioned it earlier but the snogging in the charity shop in full view of the street was silly.
    Wayne was funny last night "I'm a bigamist, and if ye don't believe me you can ask my ma!"

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Leo & Bob have to go internet dating together that would be hilarious!
    Agreed Ben is the most annoying child!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It happened very fast, Jo had a crush on him and all of a sudden he wanted her and hey presto another affair begins

Everything happens at the speed of light in Fair City. One week Neasa meets Turlough for the first time outside Vino's. The next week they've become engaged and the following week Turlough meets his maker when a mirror crashes down on top of him. In the case of Barry, one week this mild-mannered pillar of the community is accused of being a paedophile, the next week he murders somebody and then quick as a flash he's become a drug-money laundering skanger.

Subtlety is something that's missing from the Fair City scriptwriters' handbook. It's more a case of "Wham bam, thank you you ma'am", and then onto the next storyline.

• Advertisement

Ben is so weird looking, he is as weird as that kid in The Middle.

Where is Cass? Has he met David yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Where is Cass? Has he met David yet?

Cass is currently in cryogenic suspended animation. It's where they put characters when they don't have a storyline. Paul and Niamh are currently there as well keeping him company. They did it with Dolores once and they forgot all about her. She was missing for about 6 months with not a word said about her. It took a month to defrost her before she had a affair with that fella from The Bill who was pretending to be a priest.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

STIG83 wrote: »
    Ben is so weird looking, he is as weird as that kid in The Middle.

Is he the kid from the McDonalds ad who wants to be a van driver like his dad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

I wish it was that easy IRL :(

Everything happens at the speed of light in Fair City. One week Neasa meets Turlough for the first time outside Vino's. The next week they've become engaged and the following week Turlough meets his maker when a mirror crashes down on top of him.

And now she does not even seem to remember him in any way, its as if he never existed.

In the case of Barry, one week this mild-mannered pillar of the community is accused of being a paedophile, the next week he murders somebody and then quick as a flash he's become a drug-money laundering skanger.

And falls in love with the mother of the gang that accused him of been a paedophile and the mother of the gang that got him into money-laundering. She is also one of those that suspected he was a Paedophile and stopped her daughter from getting grinds off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I can't believe the Jo/Tommy thing. Like it happened out of nowhere :eek:..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I can't believe the Jo/Tommy thing. Like it happened out of nowhere :eek:..

Jo ... "Take me to bed" Hilarious - I bet the actors were trying so hard not to laugh ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

professore wrote: »
    Jo ... "Take me to bed" Hilarious - I bet the actors were trying so hard not to laugh ....

Hahaha I could not stop laughing at that :D It was totally out of nowhere!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement