Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Keith is on €28,000 per year as a mechanic.

Is that bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Ye should all support the Fair City Forum! :D

Also what's wrong with Carol? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Typical disjointed episode of Fair City tonight. Looks as if Lady Chatterley and Mellors have been put into cold storage, along with Neasa and Finn. What other soap would leave major storylines just hanging like that??

Pathetic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Ye should all support the Fair City Forum! :D

Also what's wrong with Carol? :eek:

Carol is pregnant. I thought this was the Fair City forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Lady Chatterley and Mellors

:D Brilliant.

• Advertisement

How many Fair City forums are there on boards.ie? I thought I was on the Fair City one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

starryeye wrote: »
    How many Fair City forums are there on boards.ie? I thought I was on the Fair City one.

This is a thread! :D

If it got a forum, there could be millions of fair city threads in it!

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    This is a thread! :D

If it got a forum, there could be millions of fair city threads in it!

Thanks Noel for telling me. I didn't know that at all. I'm a bit clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

It is me or is Mark walking around with the same scowl on his face? :confused:
    Looks like he going to be in the Bishop clan, will have to start calling him Marko now!!

I thought Ray was funny when he slipped up and told Orla about Una's ring. Decco's face is hilarious to watch when he is scowling. Is it me or has Zumo lost weight? I think Louis had put on too much hair gel in the episode tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The Mary Clarke

starryeye wrote: »
    I thought Ray was funny when he slipped up and told Orla about Una's ring. Decco's face is hilarious to watch when he is scowling. Is it me or has Zumo lost weight? I think Louis had put on too much hair gel in the episode tonight.[/QUOTE
    Yeah...I thought that he was doing an ad for brylcream or something now that John Deegan is not around.
    Tommy is a real sleazebucket, he goes right back to bed with his wife...at least Jo has the decency to turn dermot down and feel guilty...
    While I am venting..lol...
    Deane is terrible.. he only has about two facial expressions..
    Vivienne...has one facial expression...she looks like the constipated frog in those ads...(sorry cant remember what they are for..maybe something to do with flatulence)
    Cant believe that Leo was an actor in the theatre...he just seems to wave his oversized hands around...
    Thats all I can think of...for now....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Is there going to be a live show on New Years Eve does anybody know to coincide with RTE's 50 years anniversary.

deelite wrote: »
    Is there going to be a live show on New Years Eve does anybody know to coincide with RTE's 50 years anniversary.

Let's hope so. For (unintentional) comedy value alone, it would be worth watching. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

It would interesting to see a FC live show, they would be some cock ups, with fluffing up lines etc.

STIG83 wrote: »
    It would interesting to see a FC live show, they would be some cock ups, with fluffing up lines etc.

Just like this clown on Eastenders :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

STIG83 wrote: »

It can be bad enough at times when it is shown recorded and edited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Deise Tom wrote: »
    It can be bad enough at times when it is shown recorded and edited.

I'm a TV and Media Production student. I'd wager any money that, having completed first year, the majority of us could march onto the Fair City set and do the same work the crew do.

Well, with everything bar lighting. We're all a bit rubbish at that. :D

The crew, and the actors, are often a bit rubbish. Adds to Fair City's charm, really. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    I'm a TV and Media Production student. I'd wager any money that, having completed first year, the majority of us could march onto the Fair City set and do the same work the crew do.

The crew, and the actors, are often a bit rubbish. Adds to Fair City's charm, really. :D

Hmm. Producing two hours of drama a week, fifty-two weeks a year, in the toughest budget crunch RTE has ever seen. I love your confidence, but I think you might be underestimating the challenges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 juliet38

What's the betting that Christy is the father of Carol's child?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭Speak Now

juliet38 wrote: »
    What's the betting that Christy is the father of Carol's child?!

Even money :D

• Advertisement

Dont count me in the majority. I am no good to talk in public, never was and never will. However i am more than willing to sit at a computer and hit away at a few buttons, even if a lot of the time it is a load of drival, or put such a way to wind people up and to try and get a reaction.

Even money :D

Odds on.

Lisa, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Fair City scripts are written in crayon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

It can be bad enough at times when it is shown recorded and edited.[/Q

I have been on the boards a few weeks now and admit to the fact that I am a Fair City fan,but, there seems to be certain people on this thread who never have anything good to say about the show and who constantly insult the acting and production. This may be a stupid question but WHY DO YE WATCH IT??? go away and find something else to slag off....
    :rolleyes:

jenny30 wrote: »
    I have been on the boards a few weeks now and admit to the fact that I am a Fair City fan,but, there seems to be certain people on this thread who never have anything good to say about the show and who constantly insult the acting and production. This may be a stupid question but WHY DO YE WATCH IT??? go away and find something else to slag off....

Jenny, Fair City is so bad, it's good :D The last comedy that RTE made was probably Leave It To Mrs O'Brien so we have to rely on Fair City to get our laughs these days. Even the most ardent of Fair City fans couldn't defend last night's episode where no mention whatsoever was made of the current big storylines. It was like as if they never existed. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

Jenny, Fair City is so bad, it's good :D The last comedy that RTE made was probably Leave It To Mrs O'Brien so we have to rely on Fair City to get our laughs these days. Even the most ardent of Fair City fans couldn't defend last night's episode where no mention whatsoever was made of the current big storylines. It was like as if they never existed. :confused:[/QUOTE

Use your remote and swith channels...

Nope. I choose not to.

Dont know about others but i have watched it since 1991, and on and off before that. It was on a Monday night i think to start with, and it clashed with the Italian Soccer that was on Network Two. Pre Sky Digiital box days.

I'm for constructive criticism! Always.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

I love Fair City. It can be dodgy and cringey, but a lot of times, I think the storylines can be great - and often offer something different to the other soaps. Susanne beating Damien, for example, was great. It's just that these storylines or great ideas can be destroyed by the acting.

Plus, sometimes, it's so bad it's good. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement