Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

That schoolboy with the scowl on his face is the most unconvincing baddie (and actor) I've seen in a very long time. Hilarious stuff. :D

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

I like the criticism, except when the person obviously doesn't even watch it. There's not much you can do with "The acting is all crap haha!". Which acting? Who? What scene? If you don't mention one detail, it's going to look like trolling.

But in general, slagging it is as much fun as watching it.

I'm glad to see Yvonne is now the voice of Compeed plasters too. I'll never get a blister again without thinking of the slinky seductress who is a lesbian every second Wednesday. Mayve Connie will come back and do something for foot powder.

Good episode tonight, I thought. Carol was great at the emotional stuff. Did she really sell her baby for five grand?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

el diablo wrote: »
    That schoolboy with the scowl on his face is the most unconvincing baddie (and actor) I've seen in a very long time. Hilarious stuff. :D

He's standing up to the Bishops! They should play the music from The Good The Bad And The Ugly every time he walks onscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

He's standing up to the Bishops! They should play the music from The Good The Bad And The Ugly every time he walks onscreen.
    I think he is a lot more convincing as a hardman than any of the bishops. IMO they are not very realistic as thugs.

There is no way that Louie is the father of Carols baby. Christy is " THE DADDY" !!!!!

At least Jo wasnt in tonights episode. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

jenny30 wrote: »
    Deise Tom wrote: »
    It can be bad enough at times when it is shown recorded and edited.[/Q

I have been on the boards a few weeks now and admit to the fact that I am a Fair City fan,but, there seems to be certain people on this thread who never have anything good to say about the show and who constantly insult the acting and production. This may be a stupid question but WHY DO YE WATCH IT??? go away and find something else to slag off....
    :rolleyes:
    As a FC fan, i can honestly say that EVERY soap has good points and bad points. There is no soap that has every episode that is brilliant. Every soap has good actors and terrible actors. Every soap has great storylines and terrible storylines. I am sure that all the other soap threads have people who constantly defend that soap and others who are just totally negative towards it and dont have a good thing to say about it. People should not take this too seriously because obviously there are people posting stuff just to wind up other posters.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

max life wrote: »
    I think he is a lot more convincing as a hardman than any of the bishops. IMO they are not very realistic as thugs.

There is no way that Louie is the father of Carols baby. Christy is " THE DADDY" !!!!!

At least Jo wasnt in tonights episode. :D

It would be brilliant if Christy was the father. He and Carol makes a great couple. Said it before, she would be most happy with him. He is way better than all the other fellows she has gone out with, put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Deise Tom wrote: »
    It would be brilliant if Christy was the father. He and Carol makes a great couple. Said it before, she would be most happy with him. He is way better than all the other fellows she has gone out with, put together.

Ya I hope Christy is the father :) It might bring them back together :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Has anyone noticed that Carol is looking a lot more attractive these days than she looked in the past? I always thought she was a skanger and a bit rough looking but she must be slapping on the Oil of Ulay lately or something, and Louis looks like he's cornered the world maket in Brylcreem for the past couple of episodes.

I noticed something a bit alarming in tonight's episode. According to the gravestone, Carol's son Lorcan was 23 when he died, which means he'd be 28 if he was still alive today. Carol was born in 1974, so if I've done my sums properly, that means that Carol was 9 years old when she had her son!! :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I like the criticism, except when the person obviously doesn't even watch it. There's not much you can do with "The acting is all crap haha!". Which acting? Who? What scene? If you don't mention one detail, it's going to look like trolling.

But in general, slagging it is as much fun as watching it.

I'm glad to see Yvonne is now the voice of Compeed plasters too. I'll never get a blister again without thinking of the slinky seductress who is a lesbian every second Wednesday. Mayve Connie will come back and do something for foot powder.

Good episode tonight, I thought. Carol was great at the emotional stuff. Did she really sell her baby for five grand?

Yes Lorcan was fostered to a couple called Malachy and Kay (McCoy who then owned McCoys) and she agreed to have no contact with Lorcan for 5000. I think she was on drugs at the time.

Has anyone noticed that Carol is looking a lot more attractive these days than she looked in the past? I always thought she was a skanger and a bit rough looking but she must be slapping on the Oil of Ulay lately or something, and Louis looks like he's cornered the world maket in Brylcreem for the past couple of episodes.

I noticed something a bit alarming in tonight's episode. According to the gravestone, Carol's son Lorcan was 23 when he died, which means he'd be 28 if he was still alive today. Carol was born in 1974, so if I've done my sums properly, that means that Carol was 9 years old when she had her son!! :eek::eek:

Did Lorcan really die 5 years ago. Where has time gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Well done to Aisling O'Neill (Carol) who I thought gave a powerhouse performance in reminicing about her late son Lorcan on his birthday....emotional depth and believability especially in the graveyard scene, great acting full stop.

Cass, always adds to every scene he is in...a great old pro!

Did Louis enter the pub at the start of the episode without any brillcream in his hair but appear a couple of minutes later in the pub with the brillcream!! 'Continuity' should get get a wrap on the knuckles as they record indoor scenes on seperate days to outdoor scenes and this obviously slipped through the net!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Haha ...Louis' new hair :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Pure forgot about my crush on Lorcan until I saw Carol with the photo tonight! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The Mary Clarke

Just watched the Veronica Guerin Movie. There were a few of the FC actors in it.
    Louis, Pete, Vivienne, Dominic, Deegan and I think the wee fella who used to play Nicola's son Oisin.
    Sorry, cant remember anyone's real names.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Just watched the Veronica Guerin Movie. There were a few of the FC actors in it.
    Louis, Pete, Vivienne, Dominic, Deegan and I think the wee fella who used to play Nicola's son Oisin.

I sometimes wonder if there's only about 20 members of Irish Equity in total ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

As far as I see the majority on here make interesting and entertaining comments. It would be a very boring discussion if everyone said it is a wonderful show. end of story.
    I don't agree with those who can't allow others to make suggestions about characters, past or present, who can't see that others have valuable points to make and want to highlight the frustrations they feel if a story or a character is not credible. That is after all what this discussion should be about. It is not just about making a negative or positive comment. It is much more than that. It is about sharing views and enjoying hearing what others have to say and their take on the show. I for one am glad that my view gets a chance to be considered by other people who are watching the same show and whether they have a similar view or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Who was Vivenne in that movie? Helen Norton her real name.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

2 things I wanna know from tonights episode.

1. Who on Earth dug poor old Lorcan up, moved his body to a new location, re-buried him, and gave him a brand new headstone, all without his mother noticing. That is not the same grave location or headstone or even colour of a headstone that Ali was whining at before. Shouldn't somebody notify Deegan? .

2. What exactly is supposed to be Mark's motivation for assisting the Bishop's and for being so ridiculously determined about it? I realize the writers made an attempt to explain this, but they failed to do so without completely contradicting their own plot if
    you think about it.

Laois_Man wrote: »

1. Who on Earth dug poor old Lorcan up, moved his body to a new location, re-buried him, and gave him a brand new headstone, all without his mother noticing. That is not the same grave location or headstone or even colour of a headstone that Ali was whining at before. Shouldn't somebody notify Deegan? .

2. What exactly is supposed to be Mark's motivation for assisting the Bishop's and for being so ridiculously determined about it? I realize the writers made an attempt to explain this, but they failed to do so without completely contradicting their own plot if
    you think about it.

I think they are trying to make Mark like his father "The apple does not fall far from the tree"

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The Mary Clarke

STIG83 wrote: »
    Who was Vivenne in that movie? Helen Norton her real name.
    Helen Norton is her real name, I googled...busy interesting life that I lead:o
    She was a nurse in the scene where Veronica Guerin gets shot...she looked just like her character in FC, Same facial expression but with slightly shorter hair:)
    I had never seen this movie before and I had mistakenly thought that it was an American produced movie..(.musta been a blond few years for me) so I was initially surprised to recognize so many of the actors.
    Just to say that in General I enjoy FC, sometimes certain actors annoy me but overall sure it passes a half hour:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

cofy wrote: »
    I think they are trying to make Mark like his father "The apple does not fall far from the tree"

I realize what they're TRYING to do yeah - They could do it in a way that makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Fairplay to Vivenne I didn't realise she had become a doctor!!

Another Cock-Up

Laois_Man wrote: »

you think about it.

At least they had the sense this time to film in a church yard, and not in the silly park that they used for Turlough. When Lorcan was buried they also used a proper church yard.

Kazbah wrote: »
    Fairplay to Vivenne I didn't realise she had become a doctor!!

Multi-tasking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Carol only 36/37 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

OMG what has louie done to his hair its shocking he looks like a sleeze!:eek:

Im still trying to figure out how vivienne could tell Carol was so far gone into her pregnancy??:confused:

Aisling O'Neil was fantastic the way she acted the scene at the graveyard, so emotional i was actually filling up with tears myself, always thought it was a pity they killed off poor lorcan

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I had never seen this movie before and I had mistakenly thought that it was an American produced movie..(.musta been a blond few years for me) so I was initially surprised to recognize so many of the actors.

You wouldn't be mistaken it is an American Produced movie, when Joel Schumacher steps up to the plate he can be very good (we just have to ignore his Batman movies).

On batman, anyone notice all the Fair City cast members in Batman Begins on Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Lorcan can be heard on FM104 and seen on City Channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Elmo wrote: »
    Lorcan can be heard on FM104 and seen on City Channel.

He's no Mondo :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement