Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Was the dad in the Knorr Season and Shake ads in Fair City? He looks dead familiar, but I can't place him.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Another Cock-Up

Where did ye get that Carol was born in 1974? There was a reference recently to her been in her 40s. I think the actress is a lot younger than the character she plays. When she came in she had a 15 yr old son but I'm sure she was supposed to be around 32/33 then. I remeber it been in the papers that they'd cast someone much younger than she played.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Jane Eyre wrote: »
    Where did ye get that Carol was born in 1974? There was a reference recently to her been in her 40s. I think the actress is a lot younger than the character she plays. When she came in she had a 15 yr old son but I'm sure she was supposed to be around 32/33 then. I remeber it been in the papers that they'd cast someone much younger than she played.

Did Carol not say a while back when having a conversation with Louie she was only 13 when she had lorcan?? That would make her 41

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Was the dad in the Knorr Season and Shake ads in Fair City? He looks dead familiar, but I can't place him.

Is that the fella who says Fan Tas Tic to Fidelma (I cringe everytime I hear him say that line)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Miss Gulch

deelite wrote: »
    Is that the fella who says Fan Tas Tic to Fidelma (I cringe everytime I hear him say that line)

Didn't he work in the pizza place years ago Ann Clark owned it? Or maybe I am mixing him up with someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Another Cock-Up

Yeah. That's how she got preggers. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Miss Gulch wrote: »
    Didn't he work in the pizza place years ago Ann Clark owned it? Or maybe I am mixing him up with someone else.

I think that's it. Was his name Jerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

I thought Carol was about 45, that would make her about 17 having Lorcan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

blondie7 wrote: »

Im still trying to figure out how vivienne could tell Carol was so far gone into her pregnancy??:confused:

She did an abdominal palpation - by checking the height of the fundus (top of the uterus) it is possible to date a pregnancy fairly accurately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I think that's it. Was his name Jerry?

Thought it was Gary?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Profondo Rosso

The acting is so bad on this that even the passers-by in the background can't walk past without looking uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I'm confused I didn't know Vivienne was a doctor :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

Is Louis addicted to hair gel or something?

Wouldn't you think after having two children with his ex wife he would have a little clue about what was 'wrong' with Carol?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

The bag of chips Ray had looked the worst looking chips I ever saw, looked like McDonalds chips!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The Mary Clarke

STIG83 wrote: »
    The bag of chips Ray had looked the worst looking chips I ever saw, looked like McDonalds chips!!
    I am so... not obvservant, I never notice half the stuff pointed out on this thread, then again I am usually only half watching the telly but still...I often feel like I have been watching a different programme lol:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I am surprised that Esther has any friends at all. She always has a scowl on her face and is constantly rude to everyone. What does Charlie see in her. She never has a good word to say about anyone and is always trying to get on the wrong side of people. :mad:

I reckon Orla should have slapped Keith more than twice. I cant understand why he would embarrass her in public like that. It doesnt make sense.

I thought Carol (the actress i mean) was about 45. I wonder what age she actually is. She certainly doesnt look in her mid thirties.

I just noticed this over the past couple of weeks-Sean is actually a good actor. I would like to see how he would get on if he was given a big storyline.

Cass was humorous as usual tonight...He plays that part so well. :D

I think Keith is afraid of making a commitment. Ray and himself are a good comic duo.

Aisling O'Neill (Carol) was interviewed by The Sunday Mirror in 2009 when she had a baby son. The article stated she was 34 then so she must be 36/37 this year. Her father was actor Chris O'Neill who played Michael Riordan in The Riordans. She made her acting debut in that same show as a baby. I also read an article of 2002 when she was charged with being drunk and disorderly in a public place. She was said to be 28 at that time. That would mean she was born in 1974. I just googled it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

pretty sure Aisling O'Neill was born in 1972 or 1973

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

nlgbbbblth wrote: »

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0642088/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

max life wrote: »
    Cass was humorous as usual tonight...He plays that part so well. :D

How on earth was Cass allowed to run the bistro all by himself? I'm not sure I'd eat anything that he'd be preparing in the kitchen :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Carol must be 43/44 ish .. Great acting this week.. Has to be Christies :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭CoolGirl101

I think Orla is way out of line....so ungrateful and selfish. Who cares what the ring is, she should be bloody lucky he even proposed the way she treats him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I think Orla is way out of line....so ungrateful and selfish. Who cares what the ring is, she should be bloody lucky he even proposed the way she treats him.
    I agree that she is ungrateful and selfish. However, Keith should have backed her up in Vinos. No way should he have made her look like a fool in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,163 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How on earth was Cass allowed to run the bistro all by himself? I'm not sure I'd eat anything that he'd be preparing in the kitchen :eek:

Where is Bela and Yvonne? Who put him in charge?

I am not liking Orla's hair

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

starryeye wrote: »
    Aisling O'Neill (Carol) was interviewed by The Sunday Mirror in 2009 when she had a baby son. The article stated she was 34 then so she must be 36/37 this year. Her father was actor Chris O'Neill who played Michael Riordan in The Riordans. She made her acting debut in that same show as a baby. I also read an article of 2002 when she was charged with being drunk and disorderly in a public place. She was said to be 28 at that time. That would mean she was born in 1974. I just googled it.

Yes, the acxtress was born in 74 but the character of Carol is much older- about 43. I wonder if the baby will be born brain damaged because of the smoking and drinking? I'm not sure I want to see that story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

starryeye wrote: »

Boy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

nlgbbbblth wrote: »

This would suggest she was born in 1974

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/rte-soap-star-called-garda-fat-bitch-in-station-281961.html

STIG83 wrote: »

We thought they were actually Chipsticks, but didn't go so far as to rewind and take a closer look

• Advertisement

Alice1 wrote: »
    She did an abdominal palpation - by checking the height of the fundus (top of the uterus) it is possible to date a pregnancy fairly accurately.

Obviously not accurately enough if she got a shock at the scan!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement