Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Jane Eyre wrote: »
    Yes, the acxtress was born in 74 but the character of Carol is much older- about 43. I wonder if the baby will be born brain damaged because of the smoking and drinking? I'm not sure I want to see that story.

How many women that you know have had children, that smoked and drank though their pregnancy, and went on to have healthy children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I could be wrong but if Carol is in her 40's and a smoker then surely no doctor would perscribe her the contraceptive pill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

xalot wrote: »
    I could be wrong but if Carol is in her 40's and a smoker then surely no doctor would perscribe her the contraceptive pill?

I think women over 35 and smokers are given the mini-pill, which Carol said to Vivienne she was taking.

It's not as effective as the regular pill though, you have to take it at the same time every day, with a 3 hour window. The combined pill has a 12 hour window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Was the dad in the Knorr Season and Shake ads in Fair City? He looks dead familiar, but I can't place him.

I think he was in "The Clinic"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

julyjane wrote: »
    We thought they were actually Chipsticks, but didn't go so far as to rewind and take a closer look

If you got them chips you'd send them back!
    Not going to Valentine Avenue in a rush!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,160 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mark is enraged by Decco and Denzo's intimidation tactics. Decco tells him that he wants respect from him. But Mark is one step further and pulls a screwdriver on him, forcing the Bishop boys to flee. In McCoys, Louie and Carol anxiously try to work out the likelihood of the baby being Christy's. Louie reminds Carol that he's been in a similar situation before with Yvonne. Sunday breakfast is tense in Pete's house as Orla and Keith are still fighting. He refuses to relay messages between Keith and Orla and they childishly refuse to back down.

Mark gives Eileen the bag of rubbish that Decco and Denzo dumped at his house. He reveals to Eileen that it was him who collected the debt. Pete successfully petitions Niamh and Ray to get involved in Orla and Keith's argument. After an intervention, Keith and Orla admit that they miss one another, but they realise that they miss their friendship more than anything else. Charlie asks Cass not to interfere in Esther and Suzanne's row. Sean fails to persuade Mark to confide in Damien about his involvement with the Bishops.

Carol asks Vivienne about getting a pre-natal paternity test. She tells her that Louie will leave her if it's not his and Vivienne fails to quell Carol's worries. In McCoys, Christy asks Louie if Carol is okay as Niamh mentioned she wasn't well. Zumo persuades his family that Mark could be useful to them. He approaches Mark, who is conflicted when Zumo offers him more 'work'. Christy approaches Carol and she almost reveals that she is pregnant. She gets really cagy with him and he leaves confused.

Sean gets Mark a trial at McCoys bar but he annoys him with his bad attitude. Zumo enters the pub and Sean fails to stop Mark walking out so he can go work for Zumo. Orla and Keith arrive in the Station Bar and announce that they are better off as friends and have broken up for good. Louie walks in on a desperate and broken Carol and swears to her that he will not abandon her whether it's his baby or not. They agree to fudge the dates so that Christy won't suspect it's his.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I'd like to know why Carol isn't seeing the doctor about her pregnancy? Why is Vivienne doing everything for her? It's probably because the doc has been put into cold storage for a while along with all the rest of the cast from last week.

And why is Mark so afraid of the Bishops?? Considering he beat the bejaysus out of those 2 skangers the other night with nothing more than a twig, shouldn't the bumbling Bishops be more afraid of psycho Mark?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Season & Shake ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgPjZm9TfIk

It's really annoying me now what the male actor was in!

Kazbah wrote: »

Was he in Fair City years back? A character called Conor (I think) he was going out with Nicola, they met through Blue Dolphin, but he left her for his business partner who was supposed to have been a lesbian.

He was also in the last series of RAW if it's the fella I'm thinking of?

He does loads of voiceovers on radio ads

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

julyjane wrote: »
    Was he in Fair City years back? A character called Conor (I think) he was going out with Nicola, they met through Blue Dolphin, but he left her for his business partner who was supposed to have been a lesbian.
    Omg yes I think!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

I saw Vivienne in Veronica Geurin and she was a nurse in that too!!!:D
    Fair City Oirgins anyone?

....Sorry, I got excited and had to tell ye!

Ok, that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Kazbah wrote: »

Looks like Glenda Gilson in that ad

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Mr. Denton wrote: »
    The guy (Mat Fraser) is famous in the UK. He fancies himself as a comedian and actor and has this definite chip on his shoulder that he'd be getting better gigs/roles if he didn't have Thalidomide. Personally I think he's not that good and would be less well know if he didn't have the condition. I don't think he's either funny or talented but there you go (perfect Fair City material).

BTW, all those shots of him taking off his shirt/coat and putting them back on, you can bet that was his idea and not the writers of the show. Constantly trying to prove a point in everything he does as tho he's some crusader for the disabled.

thats a bit harsh don't you think, saw him on miriam last night seemed like a well balanced down to earth individual

its you who has a chip on your shoulder for some reason, do you know the guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

fryup wrote: »
    thats a bit harsh don't you think, saw him on miriam last night seemed like a well balanced down to earth individual

its you who has a chip on your shoulder for some reason, do you know the guy?

Mr Denton sounds like he knows what he's talking about. It is possible for actors to be unpleasant people in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Mr Denton sounds like he knows what he's talking about. It is possible for actors to be unpleasant people in real life.

I'd hesitate to describe Miriam's show as real life, but he did come across very well. The interview is here, about 49 minutes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Why are people assuming that the age of the actor automatically translates to the age of the character?

Aisling O'Neill was born in 1974 but according to the RTE website, the character of Carol was born in 1968. Lorcan was born in 1983 so Carol would have been 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What has Louis done with his hair? He looks like Harold Steptoe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Why are people assuming that the age of the actor automatically translates to the age of the character?

Aisling O'Neill was born in 1974 but according to the RTE website, the character of Carol was born in 1968. Lorcan was born in 1983 so Carol would have been 15.

THANK YOU!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,160 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope the baby is Christy's and it comes out soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope the baby is Christy's and it comes out soon

Nope. It won't be coming out for another four months. :)

• Advertisement

I guess we can suspend the paternity betting if the baby comes out with a grey beard..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

What has Louis done with his hair? He looks like Harold Steptoe
    It looks like he just dipped his head into a sink of brylcreem.... :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

It should be a great advert for either Brylcream or Just for men hair dye.

Nope. It won't be coming out for another four months. :)

I bet it'll come early, just to make Christy suspicious. They'll probably say it's not due til December to throw people off the scent, when it's really due in November. Then it'll arrive in September/October and cause more bother. Nothing is straightforward in a soap

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

My guesswork:

<imo> Baby is Christy's. Louie to get dumped by Carol (havent figured out why yet....). Carol & Christy to get back together. When Christy finds out Carol's initial plan (to get rid of the baby if it is Christy's), its the end of the road for the two of em. An angry/drugged & boozed up Louie to spill the beans on Carol to Christy. Long custody battle between Carol & Christy for the baby, Christy winning... </imo>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Is it just me or does anybody else think this Thread has gone very quiet since the request for the Fair City Forum happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

hiscan wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anybody else think this Thread has gone very quiet since the request for the Fair City Forum happened?

Nah. We're just waiting for storyline of the affair between Jo and yer man to come back again so we can rip the pish out of it once more. ;)

What was with Christy's evil look to camera?

evilchristy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

I don't know if that is an evil look - I think he looks very sad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Alice1 wrote: »
    I don't know if that is an evil look - I think he looks very sad

So do I and poor Christy will probably have more to be sad about :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement