Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    16 is the most common dress size in Ireland and the UK.

So it's common to be overweight in Ireland and the UK?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Did you see her just there, one of the worst actors.

I actually really like Jo :D I find her comical :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

amdublin wrote: »
    So it's common to be overweight in Ireland and the UK?

Being a size 16 doesn't automatically mean over weight. It's all about BMI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ester would be a great actor ....... if this was the Gate Theatre and not Fair City. many on fair city can't seem to tell there is a difference between acting in the two :mad:

Sorry yes you are right.

I should have said big rather than overweight.

• Advertisement

Well that was all very awkward

I always feel Orla is never acting ie. She/the actor is like that in real life :D

Ooh loving Jo's seductive eyes.

I always feel Orla is never acting ie. She/the actor is like that in real life :D

Ha yes!!! She comes across as being very fun to be around. Something very attractive in the quality too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

BMI is utter BS.
    Its all about body fat percentage
    At least for males.
    Its even more screwed up for women.

• Advertisement

Since when are Jo and Orla bessie mates?? :P

Traffic Blues up next, hope it's as good as last weeks :)

calex71 wrote: »
    Traffic Blues up next, hope it's as good as last weeks :)

Nomnomnom sexy guards!

Nomnomnom sexy guards!

Just gave them a call there on 999 to alert them to a lady in distress on Boards.ie, they were very understanding and they will be with you presently :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,160 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would have thought Orla would be closer and friendlier with Dermot more than Jo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Since Jo needed a cypher to reveal her deepest secrets to. Shakespeare would have used the soliloquy. The Fair City writers use two characters who, up until now, have barely spoken to each other. Now all of a sudden, Orla is Jo's closest confidante :rolleyes:

Oooh I love a dirty martini :)

Tonight the Fair City writers demonstrate to us how adept David is at holding a cocktail glass :rolleyes:

By the way, somebody should tell him that real men don't have a "favourite cocktail" :D

Since Jo needed a cypher to reveal her deepest secrets to. Shakespeare would have used the soliloquy. The Fair City writers use two characters who, up until now, have barely spoken to each other. Now all of a sudden, Orla is Jo's closest confidante :rolleyes:

t's not like she even had any friends in the first place :rolleyes:

t's not like she even had any friends in the first place :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised she's had no friends. Imagine going out with her. It would be like going out for a few jars with the Ayatollah Khomeini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

I really think FC is so pointless at the moment. Watching Jo and Tommy having a flask of coffee and a bacon sandwich at the park. Ah come on, will you FC give the viewers something WORTH watching. Get a decent storyline going.

• Advertisement

I'm not surprised she's had no friends. Imagine going out with her. It would be like going out for a few jars with the Ayatollah Khomeini.

Or Eddie Hobbs' sister... :P

starryeye wrote: »
    I really think FC is so pointless at the moment. Watching Jo and Tommy having a flask of coffee and a bacon sandwich at the park. Ah come on, will you FC give the viewers something WORTH watching. Get a decent storyline going.

Good point. If 2 people are trying to conduct an illicit affair, what's the last thing they're going to do?? That's right, have tea and hang sangwiches in the park which is frequented by half the population of Carrickstown on a daily basis :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam Tyler

I thought Dolores and Jo were good friends? That would be interesting if Jo confided in her as Dolores's late husband Harry betrayed her with her best friend many years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Very poor writing again last night. Jo and Tommy having a flask of tea in a park. Tommy then kisses Jo in plain sight of anybody who was in the park. This same park is only a couple of hundred yards from their houses. Sloppy writing and not very believable.

Does Philip know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Tonight the Fair City writers demonstrate to us how adept David is at holding a cocktail glass :rolleyes:

By the way, somebody should tell him that real men don't have a "favourite cocktail" :D

The script writers must be researching the 'What's REALLY difficult to hold' book of knowledge. When has ANYONE on FC EVER drank out of a martini glass???? So they decide to prove, once again, that David can do anything with his hands that the rest of us can do. OK, WE GET IT!!!! His disability has not impacted on his life in any way.

Next we will be seeing him get that little scissors out of your average boy scouts pocket knife:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Laois_Man wrote: »
    2 things I wanna know from tonights episode.

1. Who on Earth dug poor old Lorcan up, moved his body to a new location, re-buried him, and gave him a brand new headstone, all without his mother noticing. That is not the same grave location or headstone or even colour of a headstone that Ali was whining at before. Shouldn't somebody notify Deegan? .

Oh God that had me in stitches, ha ha! Hilarious post Laois_Man.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 los5845

have charlotte and barry o' hanlon run away together or something?? havent seen either in ages!!

los5845 wrote: »
    have charlotte and barry o' hanlon run away together or something?? havent seen either in ages!!

Hopefully she is Barry's next murder victim would love to see him on a killing spree

Yvonne looks not be buying Carol and Louie's lame excuses about baby dates and scans

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yvonne looks not be buying Carol and Louie's lame excuses about baby dates and scans

Yvonne ain't stupid. You could see her little grey cells whirring around while she was being fed all that bullshyte about Carol's history of having premature babies (like she's had soooo many of them :rolleyes: ).
    I'm surprised Louie and Carol decided to tell them rubbish like that, especially with Yvonne there but then again, this is Fair City we're talking about.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement