Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

David reminds me of this..............

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRALEBVoh2cTjsiUP0KEXxL0flSrpgWr7nFcymseclpO_SKBgr4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hopefully she is Barry's next murder victim would love to see him on a killing spree

Yvonne looks not be buying Carol and Louie's lame excuses about baby dates and scans

She knows the truth is not been told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dave Justice

First of all I have to be honest and say that I dont like fair city. I think is it a terrible drama series in a long list of RTE terrible drama series. There are a number of problems with it but the one that annoys me the most is the amnesia of the characters and the writers or in other words memory. The characters remember about events that have happened weeks or even months before, even other people. Characters disappear for months on end and reappear out of thin air. Getting back to events that characters forget, lets take Suzanne Doyle. She beat her hursband for a long period of time, not just abused his body but also his mind. She turned all his friends against him and did criminal acts against him but now just a few months later every as forgetten what she did and it all smiles and ice-cream again like she did none wrong. Her character should be in jail for what she did to Damien. But of course everyone in fair city as amnesia. After case of it is that affair between Louie and Carol. Christy was destroyed but now just a few months later, everyone as forgetten about it and Carol is in everyones good books again. But of course everyone as amnesia in fair city. Even Carol as amnesia herself cause she didnt know she was 5 months pregnant until just now. Maybe coz the writers want to keep Christy in this love triangle with Carol and Louie so they made her pregnant. And now Jo is having an affair with Tommey all of a sudden. A few months back Jo and Dermot with together try to stop the commounity centre from closing and they had a very strong relationship but now Jo is in bed with Tommy all of a sudden. But of couse everyone as amnesia in fair city.
    Fair City is a terriable drama series and I dont care how many penioners watch it who dont know that any other channel exists outside of RTE ONE, it dont change the fat that RTE havnt produce any home grown drama series. So if your going to watch fair city stop, go out ot your local extra vision and buy a boxset of the many great drama series out there like 24, breaking bad, Dextor, Fringe, Six feet Under, The Wire etc
    The reason for this is that fair City isn't worth your time. I hope in the eam time I dont get amnesia because of course everyone in fair city as amnesia

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

First of all I have to be honest and say that I dont like fair city. I think is it a terrible drama series in a long list of RTE terrible drama series. There are a number of problems with it but the one that annoys me the most is the amnesia of the characters and the writers or in other words memory. The characters remember about events that have happened weeks or even months before, even other people. Characters disappear for months on end and reappear out of thin air. Getting back to events that characters forget, lets take Suzanne Doyle. She beat her hursband for a long period of time, not just abused his body but also his mind. She turned all his friends against him and did criminal acts against him but now just a few months later every as forgetten what she did and it all smiles and ice-cream again like she did none wrong. Her character should be in jail for what she did to Damien. But of course everyone in fair city as amnesia. After case of it is that affair between Louie and Carol. Christy was destroyed but now just a few months later, everyone as forgetten about it and Carol is in everyones good books again. But of course everyone as amnesia in fair city. Even Carol as amnesia herself cause she didnt know she was 5 months pregnant until just now. Maybe coz the writers want to keep Christy in this love triangle with Carol and Louie so they made her pregnant. And now Jo is having an affair with Tommey all of a sudden. A few months back Jo and Dermot with together try to stop the commounity centre from closing and they had a very strong relationship but now Jo is in bed with Tommy all of a sudden. But of couse everyone as amnesia in fair city.
    Fair City is a terriable drama series and I dont care how many penioners watch it who dont know that any other channel exists outside of RTE ONE, it dont change the fat that RTE havnt produce any home grown drama series. So if your going to watch fair city stop, go out ot your local extra vision and buy a boxset of the many great drama series out there like 24, breaking bad, Dextor, Fringe, Six feet Under, The Wire etc
    The reason for this is that fair City isn't worth your time. I hope in the eam time I dont get amnesia because of course everyone in fair city as amnesia
    24, breaking bad, Dextor, Fringe, Six feet Under, The Wire, fair city

24, breaking bad, Dextor, Fringe, Six feet Under, The Wire, fair city
    This shows that you can't read and are stupid. You can't get fair city on boxset so by doing what you just did, you just showed that you are a moron:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This shows that you can't read and are stupid. You can't get fair city on boxset so by doing what you just did, you just showed that you are a moron:)
    or maybe it shows you're taking fair city too seriously!!

or maybe it shows your taking fair city too seriously!!
    well I pay my licence fee to see **** like this on rte so I have the right to complain about it. There are pity of great writer in this country and we have plenty of talent but is Fair City the best we can come up with. Anything would be better then fair city considering how **** it is

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Why do you watch it if you hate it so much? Just change the friggen channel!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

@davejustice

time for the waaaaaaaahmbulance again

fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion, but for the most part people in this thread enjoy it, even if it is to laugh at it.

i think it's sad that you appear to have joined boards.ie just so you could flame fair city in this thread. it's very simple. if you do not like fair city - why are you continuing to watch it?

or if you came here to discuss, why not just simply make your points without resorting to telling people to stop watching fair city and go get some dvd box sets?

even the biggest fair city fans will have something that rubs them up the wrong way about the show... but to write the negative novel of a post you did....says to me that you have too much time on your hands.

why not go back to your dvd box sets and watch them? seems pointless to watch and complain about something you do not enjoy. take it up with RTE, not the fans of the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

First of all I have to be honest and say that I dont like fair city. I think is it a terrible drama series in a long list of RTE terrible drama series.

You're spot on, but that's what makes Fairly Shítty so enjoyable to watch. The acting is so bad, the writing is so bad, the dialogue is so clunky, the sets are so wooden, most of the storylines make no sense whatsoever. Everything about it is truly AWFUL but that's why a lot of us watch it.

If I want to watch great drama I'll watch Brideshead Revisited. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

frag420 wrote: »
    David reminds me of this..............
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRALEBVoh2cTjsiUP0KEXxL0flSrpgWr7nFcymseclpO_SKBgr4

It's cruel but I have to say it's true..

What is with all the sexual references/allusions/double entendres and all the references to "oh jaysus, I really could do with the extra money" in FC tonight.. And Tommy strutting around like he's Warren Beatty, gimme a break..

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

fair city got on my nerves tonight. that whole christy/ louis/ carol/ bob thing is utter tripe. bob had an affair with christys wife, louis had an afair with christys girlfriend. he went on the lash for a few weeks and got over it. now christy has no bother working with bob or louis or carol. surely in reality he would no longer have any dealings whatsoever with any of them! you wouldnt even serve them a sliced pan in the shop! they wouldnt even go near the shop! now he's considering leasing the shop to one of them! he should have doormat tatooed on his forehead! seriously though its so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

well I pay my licence fee to see **** like this on rte so I have the right to complain about it. There are pity of great writer in this country and we have plenty of talent but is Fair City the best we can come up with. Anything would be better then fair city considering how **** it is

Just because you pay your licence doesn't mean you have to sit and watch every ****in' thing broadcast on RTE!

That's rich coming from you - your original post is full of spelling and gramatical mistakes..............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Jo got her hair done and all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Great to see Sash back again!! Loving the trouser suit as much as the PJ's!!!

Agree with the posts on the 'hard to believe' park location for Jo and Tommy's affair. Surely the Mags Kelly community centre would be the ideal place for them to go, Jo could 'borrow' the key from Dermish. Community centres are empty from 10pm anyway, so plenty of opportunity for them there and Dermish could eventually catch them at it there when he goes to the community centre to collect a file he forgot to bring with him in the hour long Christmas special!! :p

Need to see Bazzo back again too, those 50 euro notes won't count themselves!!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Does anyone know what the story is with Davids Daddy? Like why wont Esther talk about him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

sue z wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is with Davids Daddy? Like why wont Esther talk about him?

Supposed to be Cass.

They have never mentioned that they were together before (i think). I am sure Cass would have made some kind of wise crack by now, just to upset Ester some way and copped on that they were together 50 plus years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Supposed to be Cass.

They have never mentioned that they were together before (i think). I am sure Cass would have made some kind of wise crack by now, just to upset Ester some way and copped on that they were together 50 plus years ago.

Well Ester gave a name tonight that wasn't Cass Cassidy. I prsumes he'd run away after David was born and changed his name, impregnated Niamh's granny and kept rollin'!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Supposed to be Cass.

What age is your man David :confused: and what age is Suzanne :confused:

Very unbelievable :mad:

• Advertisement

It's cruel but I have to say it's true..

What is with all the sexual references/allusions/double entendres and all the references to "oh jaysus, I really could do with the extra money" in FC tonight.. And Tommy strutting around like he's Warren Beatty, gimme a break..

That conversation Jo and Tommy had outside the shop could easily have been between Sid James and Barbara Windsor. When Jo told Orla that there wouldn't be much eating done, I half-expected Orla to come back with a filthy retort ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Supposed to be Cass.

It's not Cass, that was originally posted as a foiler. :o

Is there a little button anywhere on your TV? Maybe under the screen. If Fair City is bothering you that much press the button and everything will be alright again ;)

I'm no expert to comment on peoples acting but I'm loving Brian Murray lately, I think he plays the part of Bob very well

sue z wrote: »

My money's on Bella. He seems to have impregnated half the female population of Dublin at some time or other. He's just the type to do a runner as well. ;)
    Of course, this brings up huge issues about the relationship between Suzanne and David because they are in actual fact half-BROTHER and half-SISTER!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's not Bella or Cass, she said his name was William Keane, and David found his family grave on his travels. She wouldn't tell David any more about it

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

My guess is David's father was/is a priest! :eek:

Good to have Sash back too ;)

RVD420 wrote: »
    My guess is David's father was/is a priest! :eek:

déja vu!

I'd say he was just some fella who said he'd look after her and then f**ked off. He wasn't the first and he won't be the last. My OH reckons he was told he had to marry her and the thought of spending his life with Esther sent him running for the hills

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

laughed so much when Tommy said he was covered in manure? Anyone else? Anyone? Anyone?:D:D:D Full of it more like......

Did Dermot say at the start he was going to collect Ben and then go for the train to Belfast. If so why was he planning a picnic when he got home with Ben? Maybe he remembered that it's the 12th and Belfast would be pretty much closed for the day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Accidental double post of the one just below.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement