Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

julyjane wrote: »
    Is there a little button anywhere on your TV? Maybe under the screen. If Fair City is bothering you that much press the button and everything will be alright again ;)

Awe come on. Be reasonable. How can you expect him to consistently find this button on his TV\Remote when he can't locate the full-stop, comma, shift key, or even the letter 'h' on his keyboard half the time!

or mayb is just tat e too as some tat amnesia of is own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

well I pay my licence fee to see **** like this on rte so I have the right to complain about it. There are pity of great writer in this country and we have plenty of talent but is Fair City the best we can come up with. Anything would be better then fair city considering how **** it is

yes there are lots of great writers and you're not one of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That conversation Jo and Tommy had outside the shop could easily have been between Sid James and Barbara Windsor. When Jo told Orla that there wouldn't be much eating done, I half-expected Orla to come back with a filthy retort ;):D

Across the street as Jo and Tommy were talking..

faircity_kennethwilliams.jpg

why insit fair city on the rte player they have eastenders on it :( is there other sites to catch up i miss eps sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

@davejustice

fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion, but for the most part people in this thread enjoy it, even if it is to laugh at it.

i

yeah right - people who laugh at it are derided and accused of bullying on here

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Well Ester gave a name tonight that wasn't Cass Cassidy. I prsumes he'd run away after David was born and changed his name, impregnated Niamh's granny and kept rollin'!

David Keane, I think. And he went to Clare to see where he might be buried and could not find a grave. I guess he did not spend long enough looking, and that there was more of them in Clare than in Carraigstown and i am sure even the smallest one in Carraigstown is bigger that the biggest in Carraigstown.

The name Ester gives seems very made up when she speaks to David about his Father.

That conversation Jo and Tommy had outside the shop could easily have been between Sid James and Barbara Windsor. When Jo told Orla that there wouldn't be much eating done, I half-expected Orla to come back with a filthy retort ;):D

When Jo told whats her face that she was having and affair and was meeting up with him at lunchtime, why did she not try and find out who it was by waiting outside Jo's house and follow her if she came out or watch who went in. Is nobody in Carraigstown nosey.

My money's on Bella. He seems to have impregnated half the female population of Dublin at some time or other. He's just the type to do a runner as well. ;)
    Of course, this brings up huge issues about the relationship between Suzanne and David because they are in actual fact half-BROTHER and half-SISTER!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

And Fair City has never covered such a story before.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

I guessed Priest as well, and maybe it's so distressing for her now coz perhaps she was raped?? Wud love if it was some1 we knew tho, however unlikely..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I was reading between the lines on a few sites about esthers story of David's dad, and I was convinced it turns out that he raped her...am I completely off-track:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Fittle wrote: »
    I was reading between the lines on a few sites about esthers story of David's dad, and I was convinced it turns out that he raped her...am I completely off-track:confused:

I too was convinced by Esther's attitude towards David's father that she was raped. We will have to wait and see....

The priest - love child thing has aleady done by Fair City and would be very stupid of them to revisit that sort of thing. What about these stories you hear that happen because of insest, children not having hair, born with deformatives etc. That would be a better road for them to take i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

sue z wrote: »
    I guessed Priest as well, and maybe it's so distressing for her now coz perhaps she was raped?? Wud love if it was some1 we knew tho, however unlikely..

:eek:

0003dfa7-279.jpg

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Did Dermot say at the start he was going to collect Ben and then go for the train to Belfast. Maybe he remembered that it's the 12th and Belfast would be pretty much closed for the day...

Haha.. no you're wrong Skaky, Fair City is not politically aware but it is socially aware.. They went to the station, remembered there was a recession on, and didnt want to spend the money..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Across the street as Jo and Tommy were talking..

faircity_kennethwilliams.jpg
    Ooooh! Matron!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

I missed last night's episode. What did Esther tell Charlie about David's biological father?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Since when have Orla and Jo became such great friends :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 mike rolite

I've just caught up with last weeks episodes and something doesnt make sense. Carol is telling everyone that she's due in November. November minus nine months is February. The wedding was to be Paddy's Day March 17th, so how is that supposed to be throwing everyone off the scent about the baby possibly being Christy's? Am I missing something?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

I've just caught up with last weeks episodes and something doesnt make sense. Carol is telling everyone that she's due in November. November minus nine months is February. The wedding was to be Paddy's Day March 17th, so how is that supposed to be throwing everyone off the scent about the baby possibly being Christy's? Am I missing something?:confused:

I noticed that too. She is 5 months so July minus 5 months is February. She was engaged to Christy but everyone knows now she was getting it on with Louis behind his back for ages so maybe she was giving Christy the brush off or "saving herself for after the wedding"

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Can't believe they missed the chance for David to take all Suzanne's shopping bags at Esther's tonight!
    If everyone knew there was free coffee to be had at The Helping Hand they could save a fortune.
    Dermot & Niamh having coffee together - err wha' was dat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Kazbah wrote: »
    Can't believe they missed the chance for David to take all Suzanne's shopping bags at Esther's tonight!
    If everyone knew there was free coffee to be had at The Helping Hand they could save a fortune.
    Dermot & Niamh having coffee together - err wha' was dat?

In fairness, David WAS holding a coffee cup at the hospital AND his mobile phone, so yet another episode where he's holding something.....

In fairness, David WAS holding a coffee cup at the hospital AND his mobile phone, so yet another episode where he's holding something.....

The Dillons will make a hurler out of him yet!

It seems some people on here, reading back over a number of pages, seem to think that having a disability is some sort of laugh and that its ok to laugh at such things. I hope that those that do think this way are never struck down with a disability or have any member of their family struck down with one.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    It seems some people on here, reading back over a number of pages, seem to think that having a disability is some sort of laugh and that its ok to laugh at such things. I hope that those that do think this way are never struck down with a disability or have any member of their family struck down with one.

But it's not a disability, as FC are showing he's able to do pretty much everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

When is Jo going to get caught riding Tom?!? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

David is doing no more nor less than any other character, but people are noticing it more because of his disability. Pick any other character tonight and count the number of things they hold or carry. Every time David picks up a spoon, people react as if he's jumped through a hoop of fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

jenny30 wrote: »
    laughed so much when Tommy said he was covered in manure? Anyone else? Anyone? Anyone?:D:D:D Full of it more like......

Hahahahaha - Also " whats for lunch " ... " Bruscetta and me " :eek:

julyjane wrote: »
    But it's not a disability, as FC are showing he's able to do pretty much everything.

People with disabilities find ways around obsticles that come in their way. The actor playing David is showing that. Do people seriously think that disabled people are not able to do things for themselves or find way around challenges and obsticles they face.

Since when have Orla and Jo became such great friends :confused:

Yeah, but they've being doing that for a while... shure remember that night that Orla, Jo, Carol and Niamh spent together..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Some people here seem to think David doesn't have a disability in real life as though the producers are telling him to hold objects! He might have a disability but it does not stop him doing things. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement