Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Epicurus wrote: »
    I'm confused :confused:. I know Paul has had his share of women but still.

Oh, they're all one big happy family now. But I wouldn't put anything past Paul, not even Gina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

gogglebok wrote: »
    I wouldn't put anything past Paul, not even Gina.

The day Fair City has a storyline on necrophilia is the day I turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

I was really impressed with the fair city story lines up to the Tracy and Dominic scenario but unfortunately I think they've kinda got stuck at the moment with nothing much really going on.

I had hoped something more would develop between Malachy and Cass but I don't think that's gonna happen now. I hope this is just a minor blip on the action front and that there'll be another action packed story line hitting our screens shortly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

Have to say I'm delighted to see Keith and Ray back together again:D This can only mean plenty of laughs for us guys:D Would really love to see Keith and Sarah gettin together, she's so funny she would suck him in a blow him out in Bubbles!!!!, it would just be hilarlous.....can't believe they haven't put her with him before now, it's staring them in the face!!! She would never be bothered with the two boring coppers:confused: She really cracks me up, and their just not using her:(

SOUTH PAW wrote: »
    Have to say I'm delighted to see Keith and Ray back together again:D This can only mean plenty of laughs for us guys:D

I would normally agree but since the accident Ray has imo become more serious. The old Ray would have jumped at the making a killing off those books idea of Keiths.
    Would really love to see Keith and Sarah gettin together, she's so funny she would suck him and blow him out in bubbles!!!!

:D Fair City has been lacking in excitment lately and I'm all for soaps pushing the boundaries; cant see this one taking off though. Maybe a late night special. Can you imagine Dolores' reaction if she found out.

Since when did Suzanne and Yvonne become best buddies. They were having a grand oul chin wag there the other day. Couldnt believe my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

:D Fair City has been lacking in excitment lately and I'm all for soaps pushing the boundaries; cant see this one taking off though. Maybe a late night special. Can you imagine Dolores' reaction if she found out.

I think maybe your mixing Cleo and Sarah up, Sarah is the girl currently sharing a house with Keith, she works for the newspaper:).

Can you imagine Dolores' reaction if she found out.
    I think maybe your mixing Cleo and Sarah up, Sarah is the girl currently sharing a house with Keith, she works for the newspaper:).

The Dolores comment; a reference to her reaction last night over those sex books.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Cass is an absolute breath of fresh air on this show.

Give me jack-the-lad rogue over dry-arsed straight as a die Malachy any day of the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I would normally agree but since the accident Ray has imo become more serious. The old Ray would have jumped at the making a killing off those books idea of Keiths.

Since when did Suzanne and Yvonne become best buddies. They were having a grand oul chin wag there the other day. Couldnt believe my eyes.

Suzanne and Yvonne are closer I think since Yvonne helped them out with the cafe and Louis. I love seeing the way Louis is with Rachel, I really like him.

Jo is still making me laugh, where has Dermot gone :(

aaaargh Cass is still there :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 DA BIG FELLA!

Have to say I'm delighted to see Keith and Ray back together again:D This can only mean plenty of laughs for us guys:D Would really love to see Keith and Sarah gettin together, she's so funny she would suck him in a blow him out in Bubbles!!!!, it would just be hilarlous.....can't believe they haven't put her with him before now, it's staring them in the face!!! She would never be bothered with the two boring coppers:confused: She really cracks me up, and their just not using her:(
    Think this would be a great match!!;) Love to see Sarah cracking da whip with Keith, a laugh a minute. Think the young lad Doug is good little actor. Whats da story with Paul wearing a pinny doin da ironing??? thought he's supposed to be the stud of the show?:rolleyes: gimme a break....... as for that Cass fella, hope he and the rest of the Cassidy/Brennan gang load up in the Mr Snowy and drive off into the sunset......FOR GOOD!!! yawn, yawn, yawn................

• Advertisement

I'm liking Yvonne more and more with each episode. When she came back for Mikes funeral I thought she was vile, but she has developed into a very caring likable person. I think she is fantastic with little Rachel. Would love for her to have a child of her own. With her comments tonight about not wanting to be flipping burgers and taking anti depressants in 10 years (cant remember exact phrase), (which I thought were quite careless by the scriptwriters given her on screen overdose a couple of years back) if she stayed in the pig, coupled with her growing relationship with Suzanne and Bela, anyone think she could sell her share of the hungry pig and buy out Rainbows with Suzanne?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

I'm liking Yvonne more and more with each episode. When she came back for Mikes funeral I thought she was vile, but she has developed into a very caring likable person. I think she is fantastic with little Rachel. Would love for her to have a child of her own. With her comments tonight about not wanting to be flipping burgers and taking anti depressants in 10 years (cant remember exact phrase), (which I thought were quite careless by the scriptwriters given her on screen overdose a couple of years back) if she stayed in the pig, coupled with her growing relationship with Suzanne and Bela, anyone think she could sell her share of the hungry pig and buy out Rainbows with Suzanne?

That could work really well. Herself and Suzanne would be a great partnership, fighting half the time with Bela as referee. It would make Louis her rival too. I think we might see more action out of them as enemies than as friends.

Have we had any mention of Yvonne and drugs since she came back? I can't remember if her overdose was intentional or not, but she was hoovering through a fair amount of cocaine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Id actually love to see them killkiing off Sarah. She really annoys me, judgmental much!! Shes way too boring and controllong for Keith. I think Keith and Orla would be fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

I'd love to know who thought up the sex-books storyline. A fairly random storyline imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

I adore Sarah, it would not be worth watching without her. I think they should do what they did in emerdale, let a plane crash into the place and kill off a load of characters, some of them are tragic, namely, kylie, malachy, dolores, cass, bella,

where are the good ones,

duncan, tracey etc gone, and big mistake to get rid of dominic really bad move

he was a really love to hate character

nellie07 wrote: »
    I adore Sarah, it would not be worth watching without her. I think they should do what they did in emerdale, let a plane crash into the place and kill off a load of characters, some of them are tragic, namely, kylie, malachy, dolores, cass, bella,

where are the good ones,

duncan, tracey etc gone, and big mistake to get rid of dominic really bad move

he was a really love to hate character

What did ever happen to Treacy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Awww I love Louie... find Rachel quite annoying but seeing him being all nice to her... awww... he's so cute

rachel annoys me too didnt want to say it as everyone loves her and after all she is only a child! her fake 'surprised smiles' crack me up ... oh and did I mention Niamhs curly rats tails hair cracks me up too!!!lol

God I hate that Saoirse!!! Butt out Bitch!:mad: why is she even in the show!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

where are the good ones,

duncan, tracey etc gone

did you think duncan was good?????

he was atrocious , imo, matched equally by that awful girlfriend of his, caitriona.
    neither of them could act.

good riddance

• Advertisement

sam34 wrote: »
    did you think duncan was good?????

he was atrocious , imo, matched equally by that awful girlfriend of his, caitriona.
    neither of them could act.

good riddance

Sadly he's back next week

I thought he was crazy annoying and I just wanted to grab his little neck and twist so hard everytime he was in the office with Sarah, if a character can do that to you, hes playing his part pretty well I think

oh no! GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAN :mad:

I thought he was crazy annoying and I just wanted to grab his little neck and twist so hard everytime he was in the office with Sarah, if a character can do that to you, hes playing his part pretty well I think

he's infuriating as a character, i'll give him that.

i do think he's a woeful actor though

he sure is better than CASS!

he sure is better than CASS!

granted - but that wouldnt be hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 LemonLyman

Erm..I seemm to be alone here, but I find Duncan as a character really credible, and as an actor very assured, and in soap terms there really is no higher praise. So even if I'm in a minority of one, I look forward to his return. And where are Bob and Renee?

gogglebok wrote: »
    Have we had any mention of Yvonne and drugs since she came back? I can't remember if her overdose was intentional or not, but she was hoovering through a fair amount of cocaine.

Nothing has been said about that since she came back. I think it was intentional although cant remember the circumtances around it. But sure nothing has ever been said about that car crash she was in with Richard either
    LemonLyman wrote: »
    And where are Bob and Renee?

Bob and Renee are on the beaches of Bulgaria. Although they will back. Apparently.
    according to Bryan Murray on todays "The Afternoon Show" they are not being axed; they are just going to be out of the show for a long time.

LemonLyman wrote: »
    Erm..I seemm to be alone here, but I find Duncan as a character really credible, and as an actor very assured, and in soap terms there really is no higher praise. So even if I'm in a minority of one, I look forward to his return. And where are Bob and Renee?

No I like him too, and I also like cathriona, everyone on here hates her!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 LemonLyman

No I like him too, and I also like cathriona, everyone on here hates her!

Sorry, Nellie07, you were indeed the first to put your head aboved the parapet and wave a flag for Duncan. I wholeheartedly agree. At the risk of cosying up to you in what might be interpreted as a disconcerting manner, I also agree with you about Caithriona. She also passes the elusive credibility test.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement