Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Elmo wrote: »
    Some people here seem to think David doesn't have a disability in real life as though the producers are telling him to hold objects! He might have a disability but it does not stop him doing things. :rolleyes:

Who doesn't think David has a disability in real life here:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,158 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I dont remember ever seeing Suzanne being turned on and horny by poor Damo only maybe when she was battering him she is all over David :p

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Yeah, but they've being doing that for a while... shure remember that night that Orla, Jo, Carol and Niamh spent together..

Ah yes, Sex in the (fair) City. So when are the writers gonna rip off another film? I'd love to see an A-Team set up with Leo, Zumo, Wayne and Robert :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Deise Tom wrote: »
    People with disabilities find ways around obsticles that come in their way. The actor playing David is showing that. Do people seriously think that disabled people are not able to do things for themselves or find way around challenges and obsticles they face.

I would have thought some people with disability would be a bit partonised by all the 'look what I can do' bravado!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I would have thought some people with disability would be a bit partonised by all the 'look what I can do' bravado!

Hit the nail on the head here. IMO Its totally ott the way they are handling his disability, too much emphasis on "handling". That scene in Ester's house the other night..... its' sole purpose was to show him holding a champagne/wine glass. There are numerous other examples too.

• Advertisement

RVD420 wrote: »
    Hit the nail on the head here. IMO Its totally ott the way they are handling his disability, too much emphasis on "handling". That scene in Ester's house the other night..... its' sole purpose was to show him holding a champagne/wine glass. There are numerous other examples too.

I agree completely - Charlie & Esther drinking Martini's:confused: It was ridiculous in the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Fittle wrote: »
    I agree completely - Charlie & Esther drinking Martini's:confused: It was ridiculous in the extreme.

Now we're into Ageism :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

RVD420 wrote: »
    I'd love to see an A-Team set up with Leo, Zumo, Wayne and Robert :pac:
    Barry would be good as Howling Mad Murdock,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Is it wrong that I kind of fancy Tommy.. lucky Jo :o:D

Yay Christy is staying :)

David calling Suzanne his "lover" is sick imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

The sooner David is gone the better. So annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

I am glad that Sash works in McCoy's. I hope her character will have some interesting storylines.

I thought Jo made her envy too obvious tonight when she saw Tommy talk to Sash and when Judith kissed Tommy. She reacted by kissing Dermot and looked so jealous in front of everyone at the dinner. Too unbelievable for me.

Has Tommy got a split personality? I find him to be quite scary now. I mean how could anyone trust him? He shows not one ounce of guilt. He is portrayed as a happy married man who is devoted to his family. Surely, just once he could appear to look a little bit worried about getting caught. He kisses Jo in his local park in broad daylight. He is not one bit bothered that one of his daughters might spot him or his neighbour or friend might pass by and see them. Has he got some dark secrets from his past life that even Dr. Judith is unaware of? Is it really cabbages and spuds he plants in his beloved vegetable plot? What ever he is on is keeping the guilt at bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

starryeye wrote: »
    I hope that Jo and Tommy's affair is found out and that Ben telling Dermot makes Dermot suspicious and he discovers the truth. I know he seemed to confront Jo in the clip at the end. I hope that Jo does not succeed in putting him off the idea that there is something going on. I wish this affair would just get out in the open. I think the consequences for the characters would be more interesting to watch rather then this silly affair storyline. It is done in such a way that it becomes irritating to watch.

No, it needs to build more. Sure they havn't even slept together 5 times yet :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    No, it needs to build more. Sure they havn't even slept together 5 times yet :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I hope that this story develops in a more credible way then it has over the past. I just find it a little bit irritating at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    David calling Suzanne his "lover" is sick imo

Not as bad as Esther agreeing that Charlie is hers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

First of all I have to be honest and say that I dont like fair city. I think is it a terrible drama series in a long list of RTE terrible drama series...

With respect, Dave, why do you watch it?
    Seriously.

amdublin wrote: »
    What age is your man David :confused: and what age is Suzanne :confused:

Very unbelievable :mad:

I actually like their relationship.
    I like David's character - he's easy-going, and yet straight-talking - and I think the actor is doing a really good job.

So there!!:)

julyjane wrote: »
    Is there a little button anywhere on your TV? Maybe under the screen. If Fair City is bothering you that much press the button and everything will be alright again ;)

I'm no expert to comment on peoples acting but I'm loving Brian Murray lately, I think he plays the part of Bob very well

Bryan Murray is tops!

Why do people think the writers/producers are showing off what David can do?

He's just doing ordinary everyday things, that most of us do, if we are able. What would you prefer? Should he pretend that he can't lift a glass, etc. and ask someone else to do things for him all the time?

In fairness, David WAS holding a coffee cup at the hospital AND his mobile phone, so yet another episode where he's holding something.....

Oh my gawd! A character holding something!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Next thing we'll be seeing people in Carrigstown walking or something, or... or... or... drinking tea and stuff.

Down with that sort of thing!!!

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote: »
    Now we're into Ageism :pac:

Yay, Go Elmo!!:D

Bryan Murray is tops!

Yeah, I have to agree - he's the best actor and character in the show imo.

Btw, my comments about Esther and Charlie drinking martinis weren't ageist! How many of us know anyone who would make vodka martinas with olives before sunday dinner...at the age of 70 odd...on the northside of dublin.......ooooops, sorry, maybe they were ageist comments!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Btw, my comments about Esther and Charlie drinking martinis weren't ageist! How many of us know anyone who would make vodka martinas with olives before sunday dinner...at the age of 70 odd...on the northside of dublin.......ooooops, sorry, maybe they were ageist comments!!

Not very hard to be the best actor in the show. Some of them are rather poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Not only ageist but running down the northside ? do people on the northside not drink martinis ?;)

closeline wrote: »
    The sooner David is gone the better. So annoying.

I hope he takes his mammy with him she is annoying as well

Ste- wrote: »
    Not only ageist but running down the northside ? do people on the northside not drink martinis ?;)

I'm from the northside, so I'm allowed to say that...and em, no northsiders I know drink martini's (with olives!) before sunday dinner;). In fact, I'd even go a bit further and say I don't know anyone who has four of those martini glasses in their kitchen press in the eventuality that someone might pop over for a martini;)

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

I wonder whether any disabled people think that this is what's happenening.

Kazbah wrote: »
    Not as bad as Esther agreeing that Charlie is hers!!

I think the fact David is old enough to be Suzanne's dad makes it worse - How can Bela be happy she with a fella that old :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think the fact David is old enough to be Suzanne's dad makes it worse - How can Bela be happy she with a fella that old :mad:

David is about 40 is he not? Suzanne is 29 or 30. There are plenty of couples with similar or bigger age gaps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

julyjane wrote: »
    David is about 40 is he not? Suzanne is 29 or 30. There are plenty of couples with similar or bigger age gaps

Thalidomide was withdrawn in 1961, so he has to be at least 49. He does look younger, to me anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement