Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Why does Tommy look as if he's half stoned and half trying to play it cool all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

Why does everyone start their sentences with "AH", especially that JO and Esther one,

"AH Hello", "AH i'm fine thanks"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Why does Barry sometimes put on an awful scobie accent when he's shouting at Denzo or anyone. Funny enough, trying to be threatening. I'm friends with Barry on facebook, very cool, Dolores is on it too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

0004d5bd-545.jpg

Meet the actors: Geoff Minogue.

This month we will be interviewing Geoff Minogue, who plays Tommy Dillon.
    Tommy, the affable family man, who is at his happiest either spending time with his loving wife and family, or getting his hands dirty working off the land. Though all is not what it seems. Cheating on Judith with Jo doesn't seem to be causing any moral dilemmas for Tommy. Could it be that this is not his first time to stray?

If you would like to ask Geoff anything, please email your questions to faircity@rte.ie, with subject line, 'Geoff Minogue' Interview, or tweet your questions to http://twitter.com/RTEFairCity.

We will select the best questions and put them to him.

The deadline for questions is Friday 12th of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Samich wrote: »
    Why does Barry sometimes put on an awful scobie accent when he's shouting at Denzo or anyone. Funny enough, trying to be threatening. I'm friends with Barry on facebook, very cool, Dolores is on it too :P

It reminds me of when Charlie puts on a posh accent on certain occasions. WTF is all that about??

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »
    0004d5bd-545.jpg

Meet the actors: Geoff Minogue.

This month we will be interviewing Geoff Minogue, who plays Tommy Dillon.
    Tommy, the affable family man, who is at his happiest either spending time with his loving wife and family, or getting his hands dirty working off the land. Though all is not what it seems. Cheating on Judith with Jo doesn't seem to be causing any moral dilemmas for Tommy. Could it be that this is not his first time to stray?

If you would like to ask Geoff anything, please email your questions to faircity@rte.ie, with subject line, 'Geoff Minogue' Interview, or tweet your questions to http://twitter.com/RTEFairCity.

We will select the best questions and put them to him.

The deadline for questions is Friday 12th of August.

Questions for Geoff:

Are you related to Kylie?

Are you related to Dannii?

Did you attend the Roger Moore school of acting?

What's with the permanent grin on your face? Is it constipation?

What's it like having a go on Jo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Questions for Geoff:

Are you related to Kylie?

Are you related to Dannii?

Did you attend the Roger Moore school of acting?

What's with the permanent grin on your face? Is it constipation?

What's it like having a go on Jo?

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

"Ms Cocklan"
    "Mr Dillon, are you ready to go to work?"

It's painful to watch. It really is.

Is it just me or is he getting more and more attractive?

The whole brooding/frowning thing?

No? Ok...

*continues to dream up scenario of me playing his girlfriend on the set*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Why do RTE include a clip from Fair City when advertising the RTE+1 channel when Fair City isn't available on RTE+1?
    And when are they going to get the finger out and put Fair City on the RTE Player. I thought an agreement had been reached with the actors months ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Oh my God!

I cannot bear that blatantly smug smile Jo does everytime she's around Tommy.
    'Tommys more of a hands-on man, isn't that right Tommy?!' (*smug smile)

Subtle they aint!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,272 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

sue z wrote: »
    Oh my God!

I cannot bear that blatantly smug smile Jo does everytime she's around Tommy.
    'Tommys more of a hands-on man, isn't that right Tommy?!' (*smug smile)

Subtle they aint!!!

Jo is hilarious! She always says "look it" - "look it dermuut!"

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Why do the Dillons have such a tiny fridge for six people :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,272 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

God Mark was weighed down with his baggage at the end there! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Someone needs to tell Jo her sexy face isn't all that sexy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Someone needs to tell Jo her sexy face isn't all that sexy!!
    Jo has a sexy face ??? She has a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp :D

The fair city forum request has a week to sink or swim!! Please please please follow the link in my sig and give us a +1!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Sarah, can you post the link please?

Alice1 wrote: »
    Sarah, can you post the link please?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056301106

Here you go Alice :)

Ok.
    Anyone else find it weird that no guards have been about Carrigstown?
    Bar the bike guard set up for Caoimbhe.

Considering the Bishops ... I would expect Deegan to be still about.

Which is why, I speculate this is going to happen:

I believe the Bishops and Mark are gonna get bigger and bolder.
    I think an undercover female guard is gonna get under the radar via Mark or he's gonna get involved with a young female guard who moves to Carrigstown, creating drama.

Because :
    1. It's conflict/drama
    2. Mark hasnt had a love interest since that lil girl Roisin back in his fight club days. Plus, hes new to the Bishops and would be more likely to be naive ,plus, hes the best looking out of the lot of um! And its no secret he has drawn attention to the Bishops

I had hopes Sash would turn out to be giving info to the guards etc. But she seems to have fizzled into the background.

What do ye think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Oh bring back Deegan - I fancy him.

Alice1 wrote: »
    Oh bring back Deegan - I fancy him.

Nah feck that - I think Im gonna sell my storyline to RTE:)

I just can't buy Mark as this "heavy" fighting guy. He is as skinny as a rake which doesn't help the image I think... surely the likes of Zumo could beat him to a pulp...

If Dearbhla and Philip did think something was going on, they have a funny way of showing it...

Looks like Tommy is getting bored... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

I just can't buy Mark as this "heavy" fighting guy. He is as skinny as a rake which doesn't help the image I think... surely the likes of Zumo could beat him to a pulp...

If Dearbhla and Philip did think something was going on, they have a funny way of showing it...

Yes! I have thought this too! Mark is very frail looking, i dont really believe the "psycho" element at all. Once again, its an example of the writers, not writing for the characters. Just attaching a storyline to a random character, no matter how absurd!!
    Ive pretty much given up on the show, I tune in now once a week to see does anything stirs my interest. Its as bad now as i can ever remember it. Even as bad as the days of Kay McCoys son starting a cult. Its gone ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Im kinda glad in a way that the old Mark wasn't given this storyline..
    I thought he was a pretty good actor for his age, and the chemistry between himself and Damo made u totally believe they were brothers.
    The new Mark is a bit un-likable, totally different character. I find it hard to connect with him, and have a feeling he may not be around too much longer... :D

pavcro10 wrote: »
    Yes! I have thought this too! Mark is very frail looking, i dont really believe the "psycho" element at all. Once again, its an example of the writers, not writing for the characters. Just attaching a storyline to a random character, no matter how absurd!!
    Ive pretty much given up on the show, I tune in now once a week to see does anything stirs my interest. Its as bad now as i can ever remember it. Even as bad as the days of Kay McCoys son starting a cult. Its gone ridiculous.

He is way too thin in my opinion to believe that he could cause injuries to someone else. :(
    sue z wrote: »
    Im kinda glad in a way that the old Mark wasn't given this storyline..
    I thought he was a pretty good actor for his age, and the chemistry between himself and Damo made u totally believe they were brothers.
    The new Mark is a bit un-likable, totally different character. I find it hard to connect with him, and have a feeling he may not be around too much longer... :D

I liked the old Mark, he had chemistry with Damo (new Mark has zero)

Imagine even how much more ridiculous it would be if the old Mark had become the Bishop's new fighting machine?? That guy was like a beanpole but we were supposed to believe that he sorted out the Bishops because "he did a bit of boxing".

I find it hilarious when the new Mark suddenly brings up his psycho face with flared nostrils and eyes that look like daggers. I reckon he's been taking his acting cues from David Banner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I find it hilarious when the new Mark suddenly brings up his psycho face with flared nostrils and eyes that look like daggers. I reckon he's been taking his acting cues from David Banner.

Yeah, that 'psycho face' seems to appear out of nowhere and the camera does a close up. I thought the whole 'Everyone is this room loves you mark....we are doing an intervention' was VERY Dr. Phil....

I think the bishops are the most 'real' of the whole cast to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FionnB

What was with the spelling mistake in the text message that Tommy mistakenly sent to Judith - 'You're hired man'. I stupidly thought it might be plot-related, but I think I was over-estimating the script writers..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,156 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Plus he's hard face looks like he wants to do a poo :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement