Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

The orginial source of the STI - Judith - It could turn out that Judith is as bad as Tommy or that they have agreed to some sort of open relationship - and maybe thats why Tommy does not see anything wrong with having affairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

1. tracey needs to come back!
    2. carol needs to harden up and dump louie and go back to christy and have her kid
    3. jo definitely needs to get pregnant or something from tommy
    4. angela needs to come back. herself and ray can get back together
    5. maybe they should create a trans-gendered storyline with a young character........zak? lol i dunno. it would be more interesting than another gay story

just some ideas!

Why should Carol dump Louie though? I didn't really like her with Christy. He aged her :(

Would like Christy to have a romance storyline of his own and maybe with someone with a big past or with a few skeletons in the cupboard...

Maybe someone from Wayne's past make a return to the soap... Would like Dolores and Pete to get married...

Would like Tracey to come back and have gone back to her old ways...

Give Leo and Bob a decent storyline... and Bob needs a romantic storyline and I would love Louie to dabble in drugs (that he has sourced from the Bishops...) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

cofy wrote: »
    The orginial source of the STI - Judith - It could turn out that Judith is as bad as Tommy or that they have agreed to some sort of open relationship - and maybe thats why Tommy does not see anything wrong with having affairs.
    Great idea and Judith could dish out the medication and no-one need know !
    Jo could disguise Dermot's tablets in his muesli and he would be none the wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jos28 wrote: »
    Great idea and Judith could dish out the medication and no-one need know !
    Jo could disguise Dermot's tablets in his muesli and he would be none the wiser.
    I actually heard that in real life!! and he was none the wiser!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Fittle wrote: »
    On another note (but keeping slightly on topic) I saw that ad again last night with Ben in it..the McD's ad...I've seen it many times...but last night was the first time I realised that the kids at the table are actually the parents as they walk out the door....was that just me:confused::confused:

I kept wondering where the four kids at the table went to....

:D No you're not the only one - I only figured it out last week when it was shown in the cinema - and my "I know everything" son said "are you only getting that now"!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

0004e1e1-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 133

Tuesday 16th August

Barry puts all his energy into drumming up support for his community newsletter.

Mark warns Decco to stay away from Dolores and Laura.

Christy is having trouble with his pipes.

Vivienne turns down writing a piece for the newsletter. Could she still be grieving the break up with Barry?

Dermot discovers his hard-drive is missing.

The locals reminisce over some old photos.

The multi-talented Ray sets to work fixing Christy's problem.

Decco lands Denzo in it.

Written by Noel McGee.

0004e1e2-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 134

Wednesday 17th August

The whole of Carrigstown begins to suffer from the drainage problems, could Ray's 'plumbing' be at fault?

Barry becomes babysitter for the day.

Ray convinces Christy and Sean to stay quiet and brave the water problem.

Leo shows Damien the security camera footage, and Damien urges him to call the guards!

Finn tries to insist to Wayne that he does not fancy Neasa.

Christy is asked to speak at a community meeting about the affect the water problem is having on his business.

Mark packs his bags, could he be planning to go on the run?

Written by Anto Howard.

0004e1e3-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 135

Thursday 18th August

The council workers arrive to try and fix the plumbing issue and Bob does his best to encourage/pressure them to get the job done as quickly as possible.

Robert does his bit to find the solution to the water problem.

Leo discovers that someone has tampered with the security footage.

Denzo's lucky tiger fails to keep him out of trouble with the law!

Sash takes advantage of Sean's crush on her.

Barry gets into the community spirit, and basks in his popularity.

The Council comes under attack, with Ray at the helm.

Written by Anto Howard.

0004e1e4-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 136

Sunday 21st August

Bob worries about the damage being done to his business.

Barry rallies the troops in protest, and offers Vivienne help to improve Denzo's community image.

Robert is hot on the trail of the blocked pipe. Meanwhile Christy has a confession to make.

Suzanne takes Mark into her confidence.

Barry is the toast of Carrigstown, and Vivienne makes a play for him!

Robert criticises Sash and the way she is manipulating Sean.

Denzo makes his peace with Barry.

Written by Carmel Callan.

Director Ian McGarry.
          Location Director Ferdia MacAnna.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

deelite wrote: »
          :D No you're not the only one - I only figured it out last week when it was shown in the cinema - and my "I know everything" son said "are you only getting that now"!!!

Haha! My own son said exactly the same!!! I don't think it's very clear though.....and I don't 'get it'. Like why don't they just have the mam and dad sitting at the table with them???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

SarahBeep! wrote: »
          I'd love them to give Laura a girlfriend!

Great idea. Preferably Neasa ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Fittle wrote: »
          Haha! My own son said exactly the same!!! I don't think it's very clear though.....and I don't 'get it'. Like why don't they just have the mam and dad sitting at the table with them???

+1 - I was in exactly the same boat, but was put straight over on the "ads you despise" thread in the TV forum. I think its some crap about going to McD's makes ya a kid again.... :rolleyes:

Back to FC business, anyone else think Orla might blackmail Jo over the affair? This popped into my head last night. Its obviously a horrible thing to do (especially since Orla and Jo are bff's for what, all of 2/3 weeks now), but if Orla is really as broke as they're implying, maybe this move of desperation might be her only way out....

More guesswork, I reckon Christmas storylines will involve the Carol & Christy/Louis baby, and also the Sarah storyline being wrapped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I actually heard that in real life!! and he was none the wiser!

Are you serious ? The poor bloke.

• Advertisement
        • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

"Christy is having trouble with his pipes.
          The multi-talented Ray sets to work fixing Christy's problem."

possible double meanings if you read these in isolation:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

faircity.jpg

All the Bishop gang at Louis' (Denzo) 21st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Alwayson wrote: »
          "Dermot, I've something to tell you, I've got an STI" "Ah Jo, what did you do that for, I told you we can't afford a new car!"

I think that captures Dermot innocence alright..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

"Christy is having trouble with his pipes.
          The multi-talented Ray sets to work fixing Christy's problem."

possible double meanings if you read these in isolation:eek:

They need someone to get to work with a big plunger. Oo-er, Mrs!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Sigourney wrote: »
          They need someone to get to work with a big plunger. Oo-er, Mrs!:D

Ray said VD. Well, I never! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 los5845

Leos goin to have a look at the "CCT" to see where Dermots hard drive went: PLEASE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Sash and your man will get together.

What a waste of taxpayers money!!!....a full episode about blocked drains.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Sash will end up with Robert imo. She'll have some fun making a thick of Sean in the meantime tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mcc85

Does it seem obvious to anyone else that the problem with the plumbing is that its sarahs body causing the blockage?

its going to come out just as barry regains his position in the community for the first time in ages???

just a thought

• Advertisement

mcc85 wrote: »
          Does it seem obvious to anyone else that the problem with the plumbing is that its sarahs body causing the blockage?

its going to come out just as barry regains his position in the community for the first time in ages???

just a thought

Thought she was buried in the dublin mountains but now that you said it and bearing in mind denzo took care of it I wouldnt be surprised if you were right.....at least it would provide some reason for that dumb storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 nelliemac

HI there, was on this years ago and only back now!! I love fair city, I missed sunday nights episode and didnt panic as I thought id catch it on the rte player but thats not now an option, can anyone let me know where i could pick it up online? thanks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

nelliemac wrote: »
          HI there, was on this years ago and only back now!! I love fair city, I missed sunday nights episode and didnt panic as I thought id catch it on the rte player but thats not now an option, can anyone let me know where i could pick it up online? thanks :P
          No chance of catching up online methinks. AFAIK, when it does eventually come onto RTE player, the episodes will only be available for the previous month. After one month, they will be taken off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 nelliemac

ah well thanks max life, for the info, my sky plus box just 'failed' to record which cracks me up, thanks for the info look forward to posting here more often now, are angel, captain negative, johnathan etc all still posting here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

nelliemac wrote: »
          ah well thanks max life, for the info, my sky plus box just 'failed' to record which cracks me up, thanks for the info look forward to posting here more often now, are angel, captain negative, johnathan etc all still posting here?
          Yeah there a good few regular posters now.

I really cant see Sash and Sean having a relationship. When she first came to Carrigstown, there were signs of something happening between her and Robert. However,after the first couple of weeks, they have had little or no interaction with each other.

I dont have much knowledge of this.....but i thought THE one rule that thugs and criminals go by is NEVER SNITCH ????? Decco????? :confused:

mcc85 wrote: »

just a thought

If that happens, it'll be a complete rip-off of the Brookside "body under the patio" storyline with Trevor Jordache (Bryan Murray). Then again, the Fair City writers have never had an original thought in their lives. It'll be ironic and kind of funny if Bob ends up finding the body.
          32486_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'd actually love to see Fair City do a decent weight loss storyline - none of this slimstar crap they've got going on with Esther, but with Laura working in a gym they have the potential to do something decent.
          Personally I'd love to see it because in the last 8 months I've dropped over 50lbs and down over 10 inches from my waist, and ended up getting a job as a personal trainer because of it (if anyone is interested, I've got before and afters on my website - check out my sig). I think having a storyline like that on Fair City would really motivate a lot of people to get out and do something.
          Would be great to see someone make that kind of transformation on screen too.

I'd actually love to see Fair City do a decent weight loss storyline - none of this slimstar crap they've got going on with Esther, but with Laura working in a gym they have the potential to do something decent.
          Personally I'd love to see it because in the last 8 months I've dropped over 50lbs and down over 10 inches from my waist, and ended up getting a job as a personal trainer because of it (if anyone is interested, I've got before and afters on my website - check out my sig). I think having a storyline like that on Fair City would really motivate a lot of people to get out and do something.
          Would be great to see someone make that kind of transformation on screen too.

Maybe they could do it with Vivienne? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

If that happens, it'll be a complete rip-off of the Brookside "body under the patio" storyline with Trevor Jordache (Bryan Murray). Then again, the Fair City writers have never had an original thought in their lives. It'll be ironic and kind of funny if Bob ends up finding the body.

32486_2.jpg
          I'm really not with it today, when I saw this photo, I thought you got some of your friends or family to pose for it. I was thinking what a brilliant boardsie.

• Advertisement
        • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

The thing that galls me the most about FC is the weak storylines - for example, we have all been raving about the trio of Pete, Damien and Wayne...let's see more of them we shouted. Also alot of positivity about Ray and where he's been and 'please bring him back' etc...

Then they go and create this really weak plot about blocked drains, which was like something out of an old Laurel & Hardy movie without the humor, last night:mad: Fair enough if it's going to end in someone finding Sarah's body, but why have such a weak story with some of the great characters/actors in it????

They should give Ray and Pete some strong storylines....

Looked at your pics Captain Neg - well done!! And I agree with the weightloss thing - every second woman I know is in WW so they should do it on FC (if not WW, then a real weightloss and motivation type story..)

This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement