Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

angel01 wrote: »
    I read that Yvonne is carrying a secret that will be revealed soon and Bela will be surprised... read a good interview with Barry in the TV Now magazine. he is a great character :)

oh and Christy has feelings for Carol but so does Farrell :D

Is she carrying a baby????

And who's Farrell (my brain's not working)??

And where's them two idiots with the sons Adam and ? (my brain's still not working)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

deelite wrote: »
    Is she carrying a baby????

And who's Farrell (my brain's not working)??

And where's them two idiots with the sons Adam and ? (my brain's still not working)

Farrell was a shady solicitior who dated Carol for a while. He was in cahoots with Garrigan and that lot. Last seen just before Annette went to New York.

2 idiots. Is that Maureen and Pete or Doug and Adam. Either way they're all back this week, playing hurling with Christy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I hope Carol doesn't go near Farrell or Christy :( She should get together with Leo, that would be hilarious :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That young wan that plays Rachel is by far the best child actor that has ever been in Fair City. Granted all of the rest of them were rubbish, but she is very good in fairness to her. She could give acting lessons to Doug/Doug2/Maureen/Marueen's bloke - Singularly the most awful lack of talent in one on screen family.

• Advertisement

Two things about tonights episode - 1; everytime that fella Adam (the taller one) was on screen - shouting and moving his arms - he reminded of Leo - the facial expressions, tone of voice everything about him actually - are they related or do they just attend the same acting school?

Secondly - every time Zumo's granny came on screen I kept on thinking of the "Woman in a Tabbard song" from The Big Breakfast with Johnnie and Denise.

I'm a liking Zumo by the way....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Mialuvzfun!

That young wan that plays Rachel is by far the best child actor that has ever been in Fair City. Granted all of the rest of them were rubbish, but she is very good in fairness to her. She could give acting lessons to Doug/Doug2/Maureen/Marueen's bloke - Singularly the most awful lack of talent in one on screen family.
    Hahahahahahahahaha Doug2!! lol
    uurgh rachel is sooo annoying lyk shes a good actress but her carachter is sooo annoying one minute shes all mature and stuuf and the next shes lyk a baby... Mr fair city get her personality srtraight, little kid or cheeky older kid? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

deelite wrote: »
    Two things about tonights episode - 1; everytime that fella Adam (the taller one) was on screen - shouting and moving his arms - he reminded of Leo - the facial expressions, tone of voice everything about him actually - are they related or do they just attend the same acting school?

Secondly - every time Zumo's granny came on screen I kept on thinking of the "Woman in a Tabbard song" from The Big Breakfast with Johnnie and Denise.

I'm a liking Zumo by the way....

Yer right there actually, now you mention it Adam is very like Leo. Adams acting is actually slightly worse than Leos which has impressed me :D

As for Zumos gran, if only I had a gun! What a useless character if ever I seen one, a complete tinker and a bully, I think even if I saw her in the street Id want to slap her :mad:

I think Zumo's gran is hilarious, I was laughing away at her, she is quite funny to watch.

Looks like an interesting week with Louie unveiling his secrets of his past, alcoholism, drug abuse and much worse :eek: and his exwife wants to break their arrangement with the children. Yvonne wants to then go with them to Boston for the custody case. Suzanne then wants to meet up with louie about the expenses and then uncovers that Yvonne was ordering for two when she was in Barcelona :eek:

Malachy also moves in with Dolores to help look after Jane and gets on everyones nerves... love is on the cards there me thinks....

I quite like Zumo as well :D

Looks like an interesting week with Louie unveiling his secrets of his past, alcoholism, drug abuse and much worse :eek: and his exwife wants to break their arrangement with the children. Yvonne wants to then go with them to Boston for the custody case. Suzanne then wants to meet up with louie about the expenses and then uncovers that Yvonne was ordering for two when she was in Barcelona :eek:

Wasnt Dermot missing from our screens at the same time :pac:

Yay random reappearance from Robert. He's so nice, even better than Dean.

• Advertisement

Epicurus wrote: »

Awww was truly hoping damien and yvonne were goina start banging nasties.

LOL, that is true ;)

let me see what else is going on....

looks like Orla and Keith get quite close ;)

Bela & Paul start the preperations for the Carrigstown Centenary celebration and Paul isn't happy with the role Bela gives him and more Niamh & Paul making fun of the barter system.. sounds like Dermot won't be happy!

Are keith and una doing long distance? Or did they break up before she went>? Keith slept with her sister, or did I dream that?? Just a bit confused as to whether keiths tru;y single or not.

hmmmm I can see orla getting together with mcaleere purely for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Was it my imagination or did the acting actually get worse last night??
    It was like a school play at times! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Are keith and una doing long distance? Or did they break up before she went>? Keith slept with her sister, or did I dream that?? Just a bit confused as to whether keiths tru;y single or not.

Keith certainly slept with her sister, but I don't think Una knows yet. I can't remember if they broke up officially or not, but I doubt it matters much to Keith at this stage.
    hmmmm I can see orla getting together with mcaleere purely for the money.

Me too. Bleugh.

I think they did break up before she went, I think it was a "if you go, its over" kinda thing

gogglebok wrote: »
    Keith certainly slept with her sister, but I don't think Una knows yet. I can't remember if they broke up officially or not, but I doubt it matters much to Keith at this stage.

Me too. Bleugh.

Though saying that if I was her, I wouldn't rule out McAleer either :eek: but I will go for either Dermot, Leo or Louie for me :p actually maybe all 3 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Was it my imagination or did the acting actually get worse last night?? It was like a school play at times! :rolleyes:

That's exactly what I said to a friend. Particularly that scene with the Guard, Doug and Doug2.

He was going to try to damage his runner by hitting it with a hurl? Suppose it's hard to act it out convincingly when that sort of nonsensical rubbish is written for your character.

That's exactly what I said to a friend. Particularly that scene with the Guard, Doug and Doug2.

He was going to try to damage his runner by hitting it with a hurl? Suppose it's hard to act it out convincingly when that sort of nonsensical rubbish is written for your character.

Adam is his name :p

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

LOL tonight when Keith was all "Robert you can show me that thing in your room", the face on Robert AHAHAHAH god I love him :pac: So glad to see him back! :D

(Though that Ian guy, arghhh! Please get rid of him)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Just love Robert, a brilliant character.

I can't take that Ian guy seriously.

Zumo's gran made me laugh again :D Honestly, it is Dolores's house so what right has Cleo got to make such a big thing of Jane living there, if she doesn't like it, move out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Adam is his name :p

He'll always be Doug2 to me. And Kudos to that blogger whose name I forget who came up with Blue Steel for Dean. It's still making me smile.

I think its the accent that makes me love Zumo's gran, I hear it and just feel like laughing :D

Line of the week Cass to the jogging plain clothes garda "What are you going to do flick me to death with your fringe?" excellent.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

i think cass and zumos gran would make a very funny couple. they are my two favourite characters in it now.

i think cass and zumos gran would make a very funny couple. they are my two favourite characters in it now.

That would be brill :D

Good on Orla for standing up to McAleer, he was treating her like dirt. Jo & Dermot were really funny again :D

That would be brill :D

Good on Orla for standing up to McAleer, he was treating her like dirt. Jo & Dermot were really funny again :D

McAleer got over Annette pretty quick

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

McAleer got over Annette pretty quick

how long do you think it will take for him to get round orla? we never thought annette would go for him in a million years but he must have some incredible charm amongst all the sickening sleazyness that us viewers can't see :confused:

• Advertisement

Meller wrote: »
    how long do you think it will take for him to get round orla? we never thought annette would go for him in a million years but he must have some incredible charm amongst all the sickening sleazyness that us viewers can't see :confused:

Didn't yer wan Angela (Ray's ex) have a huge soft spot for him - and by the is he a widower - or not - because his exwifey could be a great addition to the cast - maybe it could be somebody like Zumo's gran - could you imagine.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement