Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

deelite wrote: »
    Didn't yer wan Angela (Ray's ex) have a huge soft spot for him - and by the is he a widower - or not - because his exwifey could be a great addition to the cast - maybe it could be somebody like Zumo's gran - could you imagine.....

Forgot about Angela affections towards him. Thought she would have been around for Ray last week actually.

Whats going on with Cass and Kylie. The other day she was expressing her horror at getting a massage off someone like him but yesterday she was practically begging to give him one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Epicurus wrote: »
    Forgot about Angela affections towards him. Thought she would have been around for Ray last week actually.

Whats going on with Cass and Kylie. The other day she was expressing her horror at getting a massage off someone like him but yesterday she was practically begging to give him one.

I thought she was just being nice, she annoys me with this sickly sweet personality. Get rid of her please Fair City...

Seems that guard is always around which is so ridiculous...

Meller wrote: »
    how long do you think it will take for him to get round orla? we never thought annette would go for him in a million years but he must have some incredible charm amongst all the sickening sleazyness that us viewers can't see :confused:

He has money and power and some people go for that, it depends on your situation, he took advantage of Annette when she was vulnerable, Barry wasn't treating her well at the time and you never know what direction you can take when your barriers are down..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i thought that was just a ploy between her and cass so that dermot would allow him man the phone for her while she went on her lunch break?

sam34 wrote: »
    i thought that was just a ploy between her and cass so that dermot would allow him man the phone for her while she went on her lunch break?

That is what I thought too

• Advertisement

sam34 wrote: »

Yep, your right, I watched that bit again. Guess I was sickened by the whole McAleer Orla storyline, I imagined Fair City were taking that particular angle a bit too far with Cass/Kylie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Yep, your right, I watched that bit again. Guess I was sickened by the whole McAleer Orla storyline, I imagined Fair City were taking that particular angle a bit too far with Cass/Kylie

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, surely they couldnt stretch things that far, surely not :eek::eek::eek:

Damien to star in RTE show:

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0727/charitylordsofthering.html

:o just been searching through fair city star's facebooks :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

angel01 wrote: »

:o just been searching through fair city star's facebooks :o:o

Who or what did you find? :P

MaryCat! wrote: »
    Who or what did you find? :P

I found Niamh, Jimmy. Damien and Leo, I stopped looking after that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I've met cleo on the train I was like 12 & too shy to say hi. She was on Bebo. Think I tried back then, to find her, had no luck.

padocon wrote: »
    I've met cleo on the train I was like 12 & too shy to say hi. She was on Bebo. Think I tried back then, to find her, had no luck.

I didn't see her on FB, I had a quick browse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ten and a half stone, jaysus. I think they should have thrown him in with Jack Sheedy, the former GAA footballer. Wouldnt have been a fair competition but people would have certainly tuned in to see him getting battered.

I thought she was just being nice, she annoys me with this sickly sweet personality. Get rid of her please Fair City...

Well with the company that she keeps (i.e. Tracey, Carol), I'm only surprised she's not selling herself outside the back of the Bistrot.
    Seems that guard is always around which is so ridiculous...

yeah, I agree. He happened to be in the park (as well as the other 30% of the televised population of Carrigstown) when the "row" broke out. The dyed half-perm is a bit unrealistic as well. However, he has a big stupid head on him, is not very fit (by the look of his man boobs), and is completely useless with regard to tackling real crime - so the writers got that bit spot on at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 EDIROL

I'm liking the guard. Think he's a better actor than most. His hair is a bit rediculous for a guard though, you'd never get away with that.
    Hate Zumo's gran, annoying me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

The guard is a n0b, wish theyd send the git back to coppers or wherever the f they found him. Little gits head on the bolix Id never tire of bating him.

As for Zumos Gran, go back to yer caravan love!

uggggg can we not get a Richard Hillman style character to kill off half the cast. Getting a bit ridiculous now, much rathered fair city when they had Billy Mehan and a bit of grit going on, these days its all the community centre and that effin guard ponsing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

i think cass and zumos gran would make a very funny couple. they are my two favourite characters in it now.

I didn't like Cass when he first came into it, but I am warming to him now.

Zumos gran had me so annoyed at her until tonight when she tried to help Dolores, offering her the list of things she thought might help with the baby.

She seemed genuine in her sympathy when Dolores told her, her daughter had died.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Anybody got links to the characters face books or bebo, to share?

Keith and Orla are hilarious together, they make me laugh :) I am not bothered with this Jane storyline, it bores me.

• Advertisement

Well with the company that she keeps (i.e. Tracey, Carol), I'm only surprised she's not selling herself outside the back of the Bistrot.

yeah, I agree. He happened to be in the park (as well as the other 30% of the televised population of Carrigstown) when the "row" broke out. The dyed half-perm is a bit unrealistic as well. However, he has a big stupid head on him, is not very fit (by the look of his man boobs), and is completely useless with regard to tackling real crime - so the writers got that bit spot on at least.

Whenever I turn there he is, whether he is on duty or not aaaaaaargh, I can't abide him. I didn't like Cass at first but he does make me laugh now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Who is Laura's baby's daddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Who is Laura's baby's daddy?

The father of Lara's baby was the psychopath Terence. He gave her with Heroin and raped her while she was strung out. As well as getting her pregnant, he also gave her HIV.

gidget wrote: »
    The father of Lara's baby was the psychopath Terence. He gave her with Heroin and raped her while she was strung out. As well as getting her pregnant, he also gave her HIV.

In fairness to him, he must have been strung out as well. State of her. He certainly was one of the worst actors. He came out with the most abstract things.

It was as if there was a game to see if the viewers could work out whether
    1) Terence was psychologically challenged,
    2) The writers were just really really poor. Maybe they got students in while everyone was away on holidays?

image004.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

In fairness to him, he must have been strung out as well. State of her. He certainly was one of the worst actors. He came out with the most abstract things.

It was as if there was a game to see if the viewers could work out whether
    1) Terence was psychologically challenged,
    2) The writers were just really really poor. Maybe they got students in while everyone was away on holidays?

image004.jpg

No way!I think he's one of the best actors to have been on Fair City.
    Come on,look at Leo etc. and how can you call him the worst actor?:(

Although perhaps I might seem biased as I know the actor who plays him,he's a writer too and coachs me and he is just fabulous at what he does.
    Very inspirational,really makes you think about your scene

But as far as the storyline,yea it was a bit over the top,but I think therer was a new writer.And I'd say they were trying to shock people,it did seem very americanized though,but I think it was fun to watch

Fair City news this week and next week:

When Louie finds out ex-wife Ingrid is planning to take away his visiting rights to his children, it puts pay to Yvonne's plans for the couple to holiday in Italy. He wants to fly to Boston to prevent this, which Yvonne is at first not too happy about. They have a blazing row, but in the end Yvonne realises how much his children mean to him and resolves to help.

Malachy continues to play guardian angel to Dolores and asks Zumo to lay off her, as Dolores is beginning to feel the strain of looking after baby Jane. When Zumo catches up with Eileen, he asks her to lay off Dolores.

Desperate for more work and an extra few quid, Maureen is gutted when she thinks Emmet has stolen a long-distance fare from under her nose. She speaks to Leo about it and he reassures her by offering her another long-distance taxi fare however she ends up having to apologise to Emmet for jumping to conclusions. Plus when she asks Leo for extra work, he tells her that due to the downturn in business, he's none to offer her.

Spoiler: Next week when Eileen is putting on a wash and going through Zumo's pockets she finds a bullet. She loses her temper with him, warning him to stay away from guns, drugs and his uncle Baz. After peculiar behaviour at the beginning of the week, leaving Yvonne to manage their businesses Louie says he needs to leave Carrigstown for an unspecified time. Eventually he comes clean and admits that when he was coked up he was violent with his son and is struggling with that guilt plus his impending divorce. She consoles him but also promises to leave if he ever uses the drug again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'm a liking the new mechanic - by the way - based on that spoiler I've just read from Angel01 - I can picture Yvonne leaving little white mountains around the apartment just for Louie - to help her get her own way......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

YAY!! Leo is back!!:D The way he suggested making a shelf for the baby!! I'm also really enjoying Cass at the moment! He's funny the way he slags everyone off! Not sure about the new mechanic, maybe he needs time to settle in for me to get used to him, but he seems a bit wooden. I offficially hate Cleo! Her face pulling antics are such bad acting

• Advertisement

deelite wrote: »
    I'm a liking the new mechanic
    MaryCat! wrote: »
    Not sure about the new mechanic, maybe he needs time to settle in for me to get used to him, but he seems a bit wooden.

Who's the new mechanic? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement